Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,698 members, 7,834,326 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) (66775 Views)

Two Yola-Bound Buses Collide At Night (Graphic Photos) / New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) / Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by steve308(m): 2:26pm On Dec 02, 2014
nice one

1 Like

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by watchindelta(m): 2:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
Onitsha don change oh meh last I visited there was something 2000. the market is full with dirt n rain come fall that day meh potopoto nearly reach my waist smh! especially that bridge side. the governor don try.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Youngzedd(m): 2:28pm On Dec 02, 2014
tobtap:
i guess the OP has not travelled out of anambra before...nothing like vegas in does pictures....enugu fine pass dat sef for night...anyway nice thread

Your guess was wrong.

I have been to many places in this 9ja.

Actually, it wasn't the best but I created this thread for a purpose, to show people the new development in the state, because the way people see Onitsha as one kinda ..............

I live in the great city of CALABAR.
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
sukkot:
right ? lmao. a coupla christmas lights and everyone is all excited lmao. what it do my bros ? trust all is well pon ya endz cheesy

Lmao!! Do they know it's Christmas time at all?! - dancing! grin

Manna mans fi high on dem cheap rasclart ganja wif wat dem post inna da thread. grin

I'm bless, bredrin, say nomore. Dem paigons and pagans afi get ready fi xmas wif dem chichi man lights everywhere ya noe. It's that season again, bredrin.

I think my man must have listened to Nas and Damian Marley's tune called, "promised land" with the lyrics: "Imagine Lagos like Las Vegas/
The Ballers dem a Ball
" and he had a dream about Onitsha, and decided to do elimination by substitution. grin
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by tobtap: 2:32pm On Dec 02, 2014
[quote author=Youngzedd post=28528783]

Your guess was wrong.

I have been to many places in this 9ja.

Actually, it wasn't the best but I created this thread for a purpose, to show people the new development in the state, because the way people see Onitsha as one kinda ..............

I live in the great city of CALABAR.[/quo
noted.....well calabar is a great city with alot to offer grin cheesy
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Nairabeezie(m): 2:35pm On Dec 02, 2014
lols christmans light puhehehehe
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 02, 2014
Op have you been to Gombe at night
smiley
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by emestephen595(m): 2:37pm On Dec 02, 2014
Youngzedd:
Upper Iweka at Night, the Las Vegas of Nigeria

Mtcheww!

E no reach dat of Uyo and Calabar
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by sukkot: 2:38pm On Dec 02, 2014
SirShymex:

Lmao!! Do they know it's Christmas time at all?! - dancing! grin

Manna mans fi high on dem cheap rasclart ganja wif wat dem post inna da thread. grin

I'm bless, bredrin, say nomore. Dem paigons and pagans afi get ready fi xmas wif dem chichi man lights everywhere ya noe. It's that season again, bredrin.

I think my man must have listened to Nas and Damian Marley's tune called, "promised land" with the lyrics: "Imagine Lagos like Las Vegas/
The Ballers dem a Ball
" and he had a dream about Onitsha, and decided to do elimination by substitution. grin
grin grin grin grin yeah whateva the hell they smoking, keep that shytt away from me cuz that is one crazy hallucinogenic shyttt. niggaz calling las trashgas las vegas lmao. man dem naija man dem a fi loco . oh yeah bruv tis the season to be jolly, dont forget the eggnog mate cheesy
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by craleonic: 2:39pm On Dec 02, 2014
doctokwus:
So Xmas lights on upper iweka bridge has turned it into lasvegas. Is it any wonder nig politicians get away celebrating mediocrity and d people applaud?

You echoed my thoughts.
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Youngzedd(m): 2:39pm On Dec 02, 2014
tobtap:
noted.....well calabar is a great city with alot to offer grin cheesy

Well loaded.

smiley
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by mikolo80: 2:42pm On Dec 02, 2014
na christmas lighting you de call vegas. i don't think we're talking about the same vegas
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Youngzedd(m): 2:45pm On Dec 02, 2014
emestephen595:

Mtcheww!

E no reach dat of Uyo and Calabar

Oga, take am easy naa.

Chill for me small naa.

I have been to all the places you mentioned.

I know say e no reach but, take am the way you see am.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by ArcMide14(m): 2:46pm On Dec 02, 2014
@ doctorkwus..nice1
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Sweetlemon(f): 2:47pm On Dec 02, 2014
PapiWata:

For endless DECADES before Governor Fashola's tenure, nearly ALL of Lagos streets had NO lighting of any sort, which led to astronomical crime rates.

Fashola is going all out and full speed ahead to CORRECT the myriad serious deprivations the people of Lagos state have suffered for as long as many there can remember, and, one of the BASIC RIGHTS of the people that Fahsola has now granted and fulfilled, throughout much of the Lagos metropolis, happens to be his provision of solar-powered and grid-powered street lights to keep the roads safe and protective of human life as the years go by.

This IS a VERY big deal, Ikwo Krikwo, and Lagos State Governor Fashola has EARNED the right to publicize his ongoing accomplishments while in office, given that his current post is but a stepping stone to his destined position as the President of the Nigerian Federation, to be realized one day, when the rooster crows at the break of a new, glorious dawn.

Don't mind these idiots comparing temporary Chrismas lights with high tech solar street lights that have done wonders in reducing crime rate in Lagos.

Gosh! Some people are so.......

1 Like

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 02, 2014
Youngzedd:
Upper Iweka at Night, the Las Vegas of Nigeria
Are you sure its the Las Vegas I know or some other Las Vegas?
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Sweetlemon(f): 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2014
berem:
decorating streets with christmas lights is not an achievement. Street lights are in all major towns in Nigeria. That's not worth celebrating too.
Upper Iweka is crime free now. That's my main concern. All thanks to Obiano.

You even goofed here. Are you allowing these people corner you into comparing street lights with Christmas lights just because you are too anxious to prove that APC is better? Some of you APC people (agents) should just learn to chill out. Argue rationally and intelligently else these PDP experts here will just drag you into the mud.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by nissparts(m): 2:54pm On Dec 02, 2014
Hilarious thread.
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by shizzleStar: 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2014
I am late to the party....

Anambra pikin representing cool

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 02, 2014
Sweetlemon:

You even goofed here. Are you allowing these people corner you into comparing street lights with Christmas lights just because you are too anxious to prove that APC is better? Some of you APC people (agents) should just learn to chill out. Argue rationally and intelligently else these PDP experts here will just drag you into the mud.
I wasn't proving that APC is better because I do not celebrate street lights as achievement and again,I am not an APC agent. angry
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by delors(m): 2:58pm On Dec 02, 2014
So just this area of the whole city is the Las Vegas of Nigeria? Myopic! And to be fooled by shiny multi colour bulbs is to be as ignorant as a giraffe...no yawa intended though. Just my thoughts
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by ChynoBEATS: 3:00pm On Dec 02, 2014
farano:
Good one
abi o smiley
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Anayordike(m): 3:00pm On Dec 02, 2014
Nice one. But residents no get light for their houses o
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by VivaLaFrans: 3:01pm On Dec 02, 2014
Why not in the day?
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by chimera(m): 3:07pm On Dec 02, 2014
While it does look nice....I do hope we know that comparing it with Las Vegas does not ring a positive tune...
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by shizzleStar: 3:12pm On Dec 02, 2014
SirShymex:

[s]Lmao!! Do they know it's Christmas time at all?! - dancing! grin

The Ballers dem a Ball
" and he had a dream about Onitsha, and decided to do elimination by substitution.[/s] grin
bla...bla...bla..

1 Like

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Sweetlemon(f): 3:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
berem:
I wasn't proving that APC is better because I do not celebrate street lights as achievement and again,I am not an APC agent. angry

No dear. Street lights, hightech ones, is an achievement. Do you remember Lagos before the street lights? Remeber all the tales of robbery, rituals, etc that happened under major bridges like staduim, apombon, cms, etc? Compare it to now and tell me it's not something worth recording.
Like I said, you are being too anxious to prove a point. Just chill out ok?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
sukkot:
grin grin grin grin yeah whateva the hell they smoking, keep that shytt away from me cuz that is one crazy hallucinogenic shyttt. niggaz calling las trashgas las vegas lmao. man dem naija man dem a fi loco . oh yeah bruv tis the season to be jolly, dont forget the eggnog mate cheesy

Dun noe rudenoi!

Say nomore! And man will be at mum's yard with the fam keeping it real like a true African warrior should with some jellof and roasted turkey, man. Everything a gwan in there, bredrin lol.

Ol'boy must have been high on high grade laced with bath salt and mollys. Now that is what I call whyfy and ionosphere realm lol.
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by shizzleStar: 3:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
Sweetlemon:

[s]Don't mind these idiots comparing temporary Chrismas lights with high tech solar street lights that have done wonders in reducing crime rate in Lagos.

Gosh! Some people are so[/s].......
You are so daft, i mean very DAFT. If you had an iota of brain, you would know that what is being celebrated is the general improvement and performance of the governor in every sector in the state.

IDIOTT

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
Obiagelli:
What is this?
Main Road
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by write2obi(m): 3:21pm On Dec 02, 2014
Jennydoris:

Hahaha. View very well. cool

Am from Anambra.
We dey stay for Onitsha cheesy
shocked so otu babes now do internet shocked ?? grin .peter obi obiano is working cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Abuja-Kaduna Train Attacked Twice On Monday 14/9/20 / The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor / Newly Commissioned Abia Flyover Turned To Dumping Site (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.