Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ (38187 Views)

Dele Momodu Likens GEJ Fate Afta March To Lautent Gbagbo Of Ivory Coast Case / Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan / Soyinka Condemns Jonathan’s ‘impunity’, Likens President To ‘nebuchadnezzar’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:09pm On Dec 02, 2014
kayciano:
Y insult GEJ and family like this...
What has he really done...?
NOW GEJ has given all Nigerians FREEDOM of speech...
Nigerians now take turns to berate him.
IF he were, to assume the position of ABACHA now ,people wil still complain...
4ME, this BOKO-HARAM, don't even know what they are doing to their communities and themselves...
THIS IS JUST D GENESIS OF POVERTY in the north.
NOW OVER TO SOYINKA, prof. Do u think if u assume the position of the presidency u can achieve likewise or even much..?
I, expect u to know what happened in EGYPT few years back.
U may get there but your loyalists can decide not to work again, following some cracks in your cartel.
FROM, they way things are going ,d North may only survive on RELIEF IDEAS...
Jonathan may have given you freedom, Soyinka got his from the Constitution.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by kepal99(m): 6:09pm On Dec 02, 2014
Alphaoscar:

if he is not clueless will he be killing the same people he swore to protect? Instead of him to behave like a statesman he choose to be a Nebuchadnezzar , pharaoh, Hitler, idi-amin instead and you said he is not clueless?
accepted jonathan is clueless, U are cognizant, y not go to Borno?

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 02, 2014
waternogetemeny:
All becos GEJ is not a Yoruba man. Tribalist!

I guess OBJ was Ijaw as well because Soyinka criticized him more than he did Jonathan.

10 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by bakingsoda: 6:11pm On Dec 02, 2014
*sing with me* nebukadineza neza! was a kinge kinge! in the bibul bibul! veri stoopid stoopid! godu punish am punish am! godu punish am!!

Disclaimer: I didn't read the post, but the topic reminds me of the above song. *runs out*

2 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:11pm On Dec 02, 2014
2cato:
Wole soyinka has been attacking gej is when gej failed to give any of his numerous children ministarial post. Mad Old Proffesor . Besides i thaught they say gej is a wickling and clueless.

Jesus! Look at the bolded and ask yourself, honestly, if you should be commenting on anything Soyinka-related

12 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:11pm On Dec 02, 2014
michaelbiz:

NebuGEJ will chop grass soon don't worry your Daddy again cheesy cheesy cheesy
For seven years.:-D
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by MDEWOLE: 6:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
As far as this country is concerned Suleiman Abba is IGP to Jonathan not to this country.He forgot that its only Almighty Allah that can determine the future of any human being if Jonathan fail to win in 2015 let wait and see what he is going to do.
Mere looking at Suleiman Abba u will agree with me that his appearance is not different from criminals so i am not surprise with his behaviour.

5 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
2cato:
Wole soyinka has been attacking gej is when gej failed to give any of his numerous children ministarial post. Mad Old Proffesor. Besides i thaught they say gej is a wickling and clueless.
Soyinka's children are fulfilled. His first son is the Commissioner of Health, Ogun State. Moremi, a lawyer, is a member of the Governing Council of ABU, Zaria. Peyibomi is a diplomat.

7 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Descartes: 6:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
Aigbofa:

You are trying so hard to turn this to another 'Us versus them" babble. This same man stood up for Biafra when few others did. That grey matter in your head is there for thinking.

So you didn't see your kinsman when he was abusing me right? undecided

Soyinka is playing some scripts handed over to him by his paymasters angry
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by bameyi(m): 6:17pm On Dec 02, 2014
2cato:
Wole soyinka has been attacking gej is when gej failed to give any of his numerous children ministarial post. Mad Old Proffesor. Besides i thaught they say gej is a wickling and clueless.

He painted a descriptive picture of our current political system with GEJ been at the head of affairs and you think it's because non of his sons were offered ministerial position. This is a guy who doesn't want a ministerial position himself so what make you think he wants his kids to do so under GEJ. If you ain't got something nice to say just read the posting and keep moving.

4 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by tbaba1234: 6:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
kindabigg:

Fact is Ashebe died wretched, crippled, bitter, and tribalistic. Ashebe died without winning the most prestigious award in literature and he hated Soyinka for that till he died.

Dude, just shut up!! Gosh

3 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Descartes: 6:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
Let's see how far he can go with this angry
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
Descartes:

So you didn't see your kinsman when he was abusing me right? undecided
Soyinka is playing some scripts handed over to him by his paymasters angry

My kinsman attacked you and you attacked Soyinka in return? Who paid him when he stood up for your Biafra? Who paid him when he stood up for the same democracy Jonathan is trying to bastardize?

8 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by goldman777: 6:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
prof soyinka is a national and international legend wen he speaks the world listens tribalism apart dis man pass al u haters sorry if u feel pain but dats a fact

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by continentalceo(m): 6:21pm On Dec 02, 2014
Wole just die already! You are too old jor... Wole is just a grandpa looking for relevance that he won't find
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by tartar9(m): 6:23pm On Dec 02, 2014
can sumbowdy explain what he jast said.ar swear i dunt understan ar thing.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by PointB: 6:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
Wole Soyinka is just a talkative, who now-a-days mostly talks nonsense. Who even listens to him?
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by lumides(m): 6:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
Ah, hmm. Bh will end in 2015
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by bameyi(m): 6:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
slightlyMad:
some are born into a system that made it difficult for them to understand how democratic governance works.

it is just like on your street, you appoint a CDA chairman and all the chairman does is mobilize the youths in the area to deal with you
while paying the youth from the money each house contributed for development

not only that, the CDA chairman lives on your money, sends his kids to the best school, and travels abroad for medical checkups off all your money
and when the money is getting low, he says every house must pay more even if it means you have to withdraw your child from school (austerity)
meanwhile, he is not ready to reduce his own spending.

that is how Nigeria currently runs.
I can correctly predict without being a TBJ that the end of GEJ's reign of squander and terror will end soon
with him paying either the ultimate price or getting a lengthy jail term

I agree with you that price of crude oil is falling and masses will feel the pain that been said I think this will affect the out come of the election
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
PointB:
Wole Soyinka is just a talkative, who now-a-days mostly talks nonsense. Who even listens to him?

If no one listens to him why are you on this thread?

8 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by PentiumPro(f): 6:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
Descartes:
Let's see how far he can go with this angry
Bastard! Leave here now! Ewu

2 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by pring: 6:26pm On Dec 02, 2014
People should please speak up.
A true father.
Wole we are behind u.

3 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by SEYIOKE: 6:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
maclatunji:
This President has received enough advice across different strata of Nigerian society, he should take heed and do the right things.
I also av d advice for d old wizard, he should use d kind of English GEJ and his wife will understand, so dat his advice will nt be a waste.... And sometimes big grammar does nt solve d problem. What has been d effect of his grammar on our political terrain

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by waternogetemeny: 6:28pm On Dec 02, 2014
Aigbofa:

I guess OBJ was Ijaw as well because Soyinka criticized him more than he did Jonathan.

Did he also insult obj Wife and Family?

Did he say things like when u marry an illiterate woman u make foolish decisions like GEJ?

All this is becos GEJ is not YOROBBERS
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by shizzleStar: 6:28pm On Dec 02, 2014
kindabigg:

[s]Fact is Ashebe died wretched, crippled, bitter, and tribalistic. Ashebe died without winning the most prestigious award in literature and he hated Soyinka for that till he died[/s].
Stick to thread you FOOL
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by ogunniyi2: 6:28pm On Dec 02, 2014
Alphaoscar:

if he is not clueless will he be killing the same people he swore to protect? Instead of him to behave like a statesman he choose to be a Nebuchadnezzar , pharaoh, Hitler, idi-amin instead and you said he is not clueless?
Nothing compares to Gej!! .why? because he is in the world of his own...he kills to satisfy his whimp and caprices at a slightest provocation. He liken blood to a tonic.therefore,he is far more dangerous than Hitler or any living being.he has gentle face and serpent heart
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by hollandis(f): 6:29pm On Dec 02, 2014
Wole is a foool,

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Descartes: 6:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
PentiumPro:

Another Western chameleon? undecided

Abeg shift make I see better people

2 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
NOW I KNOW Y prof. Is annoyed.
So its because GEJ has refused to appoint any of your KIDs in KEY areas...
U want to see them in FEDERAL PARASTAL before u join your ancestors..
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by shizzleStar: 6:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
PentiumPro:

Bastard ape of the Congo jungle. Your father should not be trusted. Omo Eranko
PentiumPro:

Interesting...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Tinubu With This Cute Kid / Buhari Cuts His 76th Birthday Cake In Aso Rock, Abba Kyari Sings / APC Supporter Dies During Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.