Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ (38185 Views)

Dele Momodu Likens GEJ Fate Afta March To Lautent Gbagbo Of Ivory Coast Case / Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan / Soyinka Condemns Jonathan’s ‘impunity’, Likens President To ‘nebuchadnezzar’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by NewsHub: 11:52pm On Dec 02, 2014
iykak47:
I blame GEJ, he's too gentle, he needs to give some of these noise makers the treatment Abacha and OBJ were good at. Where was this cultist when Abacha was alive, didn't he cowardly ran to exile, today he has found his voice after collecting brown envelope from Amaechi his illegitimate inlaw.
Writing novels for primary school pupils doesn't give Soyinka the power to be insulting the president of Nigeria.

When i read comments such as this i just weep for Nigeria!

4 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by yinkard4me(m): 12:04am On Dec 03, 2014
sandijey:
My dad had said this from the beginning that we underrate this man to Much. He is not clueless nor shoeless. I don't no whether to call him wise but I no he knows what he is doing. What I do know is he will win 2015 elections but I have this great feeling that something terrible might happen and he won't finish it.

Who is ur dad? Tell him We need to talk.
Parents shdnt discuss errytyn in 'Kids' prensence
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by NewsHub: 12:11am On Dec 03, 2014
Lucasbalo:
Where was it written that the President is beyond reproach?. The highest form of patriotism is to criticize your government . You have to be here to see the kind of names people call Obama . Nothing wrong in critisising a leadership that is turning the country upside down. The only thing the leadership is good for is monumental corruption and unimaginable mismanagement . Turning what is suppose to be a beautiful country with her all God given wealth to a perpetual third world where poverty is widespread and terrorism is the order of the day. I pray for massive revolution to cleanse the land of this maggots .

Please help me tell them. All these fans of President Jonathan are really annoying. There is nothing wrong in criticising the president. Even President Obama has been called names especially by Donald Trump.

2 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by ShaddyTerese(m): 12:13am On Dec 03, 2014
HmMmmm, I didn't know Atheiest are concerned about Bible knowledge. Well, he did speak from an informed point of view.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by NewsHub: 12:17am On Dec 03, 2014
InglishTeechar:

All soyinka (yes he lost my respect so i call him by name and not d prof or mr attached to his name) can do is run his mouth, his has been doing this for all the regime i know...from IBB to GED yet this old fool can not come out to contest for an election. Its easy to sit down at home and critisize...abeg make una ask soyinka sey na wetin him done do for nigeria sef. Busy body. U think sey to rule a complex country like nigeria na moi moi.

When i read comments like yours i just weep for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by BinghiNya(m): 12:21am On Dec 03, 2014
Ikengawo:
He has collected his payment. Old gossiper
gossip not gossiper

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by pacesetter939: 12:26am On Dec 03, 2014
2cato:
Wole soyinka has been attacking gej is when gej failed to give any of his numerous children ministarial post. Mad Old Proffesor. Besides i thaught they say gej is a wickling and clueless.
Your generation will never smell the status of Prof. W.Soyinka and as you have refuted old age immersed in academic excellence, same shall rebuke you likewise.

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by austinvsb1(m): 12:37am On Dec 03, 2014
kayciano:
Y insult GEJ and family like this...
What has he really done...?
NOW GEJ has given all Nigerians FREEDOM of speech...
Nigerians now take turns to berate him.
IF he were, to assume the position of ABACHA now ,people wil still complain...
4ME, this BOKO-HARAM, don't even know what they are doing to their communities and themselves...
THIS IS JUST D GENESIS OF POVERTY in the north.
NOW OVER TO SOYINKA, prof. Do u think if u assume the position of the presidency u can achieve likewise or even much..?
I, expect u to know what happened in EGYPT few years back.
U may get there but your loyalists can decide not to work again, following some cracks in your cartel.
FROM, they way things are going ,d North may only survive on RELIEF IDEAS...

what is this one saying? utter disgust!!!
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by austinvsb1(m): 12:41am On Dec 03, 2014
waternogetemeny:
All becos GEJ is not a Yoruba man. Tribalist!

How do this people find their way to the cyberspace! Are you this brainless in real life??!

2 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Dmano: 1:03am On Dec 03, 2014
The truble is u people does not know d inormity of what is going 2 befall nigeria if u conive with d north & push gej away & put a northener & sudenly boko boys surrender then u expect oil 4rm niger delter or even gas 4 power?because am sure d wont bomb human but both crude & gas pipeline will not remain standing dat time u will feels economy bombing den ur eyes will open
bishoppapi:

Substantiate your accusations with evidences. At least we all see the evidences of Jonathan's incompetency and unbridled corruption. During Jonathan's administration, more innocent lives than ever have been lost because he has failed to deliver on the promises of national security he swore to. If by voting Jonathan out, no more lives would be lost, no more insecurity in Nigeria, no more corruption, no more interference in state affairs by the wife of the president, I would rather vote him out and secure the next innocent life from been lost. Do I want to see another life lost because Jonathan is incompetent..... hell NO.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Lucasbalo(m): 1:04am On Dec 03, 2014
NewsHub:

Please help me tell them. All these fans of President Jonathan are really annoying. There is nothing wrong in criticising the president. Even President Obama has been called names especially by Donald Trump.
If they want GEJ to be like Kim Jung Un of North Korea where his people worship him and beyond reproach, that's there problem. Most of his defenders are just being tribalistic . No sane human being will like the way Nigeria is being administered. It's time for the youths to rise up because their future is being mortgaged by the ruling dinosaurs .

2 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:06am On Dec 03, 2014
Descartes:

As old as you are you still bet with your grand children undecided

Washington DC must hear this angry
They won't listen to you, you're Nigerian. They'll think you're trying to scam them.

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by chiddy158: 1:42am On Dec 03, 2014
You are playing the ostrich, presidency replies Soyinka

The presidency has reacted to a statement by Prof. Wole Soyinka, in which he described Goodluck Jonathan of being worse than King Nebuchadnezzar.

In a text message sent to newsmen, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, said Prof. Wole Soyinka was only playing the ostrich by accusing President Goodluck Jonathan of being worse than King Nebuchadnezzar.

http://www.thefocusng.com/you-are-playing-the-ostrich-presidency-replies-soyinka/
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by nagoma(m): 1:52am On Dec 03, 2014
2cato:
you people are the ones calling him cluelless and all sort of name and now you are using another adjective to show he is not what you people expect him to be.

The sum of it all is that - He is a very bad leader, clueless and tyrannical.

2 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by smartleo(m): 1:52am On Dec 03, 2014
2cato:
Wole soyinka has been attacking gej is when gej failed to give any of his numerous children ministarial post. Mad Old Proffesor. Besides i thaught they say gej is a wickling and clueless.

Atleast ,Prof.gave facts and figure.

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by oliidell(m): 3:37am On Dec 03, 2014
2cato:

You supporters are seriously embarassing Mr. President. Well he still got dame to deal wit.

2 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by hansad: 5:40am On Dec 03, 2014
Lucasbalo:
Where was it written that the President is beyond reproach?. The highest form of patriotism is to criticize your government . You have to be here to see the kind of names people call Obama . Nothing wrong in critisising a leadership that is turning the country upside down. The only thing the leadership is good for is monumental corruption and unimaginable mismanagement . Turning what is suppose to be a beautiful country with her all God given wealth to a perpetual third world where poverty is widespread and terrorism is the order of the day. I pray for massive revolution to cleanse the land of this maggots .
in the US, Americans team up and fight terrorists. A group of Americans do not terrorise their country with the hope to make their leader guilty so as to have him voted out, so as to make way for beneficiaries from that terrorism to be voted in. In Nigeria, terrorists from a section of the country attack the country, but Nigerian lowlifers and power grabbers, including you, blame the president with the objective to sack him.. Your lot in Nigeria capitalize on poor education of Nigerians and spin unverifiable rumours of corruption against the president, all in the bid to grab power from him. Buf00n, who perhaps lives in the land of democracy and equality, but still gets weighed down by ethnic/religious bigotry.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Lucasbalo(m): 5:52am On Dec 03, 2014
hansad:
in the US, Americans team up and fight terrorists. A group of Americans do not terrorise their country with the hope to make their leader guilty so as to have him voted out, so as to make way for beneficiaries from that terrorism to be voted in. In Nigeria, terrorists from a section of the country attack the country, but Nigerian lowlifers and power grabbers, including you, blame the president with the objective to sack him.. Your lot in Nigeria capitalize on poor education of Nigerians and spin unverifiable rumours of corruption against the president, all in the bid to grab power from him. Buf00n, who perhaps lives in the land of democracy and equality but still weighed down by ethnic/religious bigotry.
You are a brainstem for calling me a buffon. You are suffering from mental dwarfism for not realizing how bad the leadership has turned what is supposed to be a paradise on earth to a cesspool of corruption where anarchy is the order of the day. You and your ilk are the one suffering living on peanuts while your mini god GEJ and his fellow looters and their families are siphoning the Commonwealth funds into their personal accounts abroad. GEJ will fly to Germany when he feels sick and guys like you will go to useless General Hospital that is not even good enough for goats. You are supporting your own oppressors. My stake in Nigeria is limited. You and your fellow retards supporting an inept and corrupt president deserve a shithole you live in. By the way, it's election season in Nigeria, you must be waiting for your bag of rice and vegetable oil. Poverty mentality.

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by moemoni(f): 6:40am On Dec 03, 2014
maclatunji:
Soyinka condemns Jonathan’s ‘Impunity’, Likens President To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’

Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka, has lambasted President Goodluck Jonathan for allowing what he called a reign of impunity, the latest being police siege on the National Assembly.

Mr. Soyinka said the latest action of Suleiman Abba, the Inspector General of Police, against members of the House of Representatives was an “unambiguous” declaration of war against the people.

At a press conference in Lagos he titled King Nebuchadnezzar – The Reign of Impunity, Mr. Soyinka said that the battle line had been drawn and Nigerians must decide whether to submit or resist to the current democratic dispensation.

“I shall not insist that the biblical figure of Nebuchadnezzar is uniquely apt for the pivotal figure of the ‘democratic’ history in the making at this moment,” said Mr. Soyinka. “For one thing, Nebu was a nation builder and a warrior. One could argue even more convincingly for the figure of Balthazar, his successor, or indeed Emperor Nero as reference point – you all remember him – the emperor who took to fiddling while Rome was burning.

“However you should easily recall why I opted for King Nebu – the figure that currently sits on the top of our political pile himself evoked it, albeit in a context that virtuously disclaimed any similarities, even tendencies. Perhaps he meant it at the time when he claimed: ‘I am no Nebuchadnezzar.’ Perhaps not. One judges leaders on acts however, not pronouncements, which are often as reliable as electoral promises.”

Mr. Soyinka said that it was left for Nigerians to decide to revert to the ‘Abacharian status of glorified slaves.”

“The praetorian guards have been let loose – to teach the rabble their place,” he said.

“The recent choice of a new leader for the guard was clearly no accident, and this hitherto unknown enforcer, one Suleiman Abba, has wasted no time in inaugurating a season of brutish power. When a people’s elected emissaries are disenfranchised, cast out like vagrants and resort to scaling fences to engage in their designated functions, the people get the message.

“However, the choice is always there, and each choice comes at a cost. It is either we pay now, or pay later.”

Mr. Soyinka also said that President Goodluck Jonathan had continued to surprise Nigerians in ways “few could have conjectured.”

“Peaking at his own personalised example where he set the law of arithmetic on its head – I refer to the split in the Governors’ Forum, and his ‘formal’ recognition of the minority will in a straightforward, peer election – democracy has been rendered meaningless where it should be most fervently exemplified.

“Nothing is more unworthy of leadership than to degrade a system by which one attains fulfilment, and this is what the nation has witnessed time and time again in various parts of the nation, the recent affront against the legislative chamber being only the most blatant and unconscionable…

“It is a warning. His choices for the occupancy of crucial public positions – such as the protective arm of the nation – constitutes an even more immediate and constant public alert. The signals are ominous – for and beyond 2015.”

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2014/12/02/soyinka-condemns-jonathan%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98impunity%E2%80%99-likens-president-%E2%80%98nebuchadnezzar%E2%80%99
OP so you want me to read all these
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by moemoni(f): 6:44am On Dec 03, 2014
2cato:
I can tell you for sure that GEJ is the most "clueless" president to ever rule this country!

2 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by moemoni(f): 6:49am On Dec 03, 2014
ToyozzieTohBad:
DOES THAT MEANS HE IS GOING TO CHOP GRASS VERY SOON
LWKMD...I guess that's what wole implied!
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by omar22(m): 6:57am On Dec 03, 2014
Alphaoscar:
GEJ should rather be compared with legends like Idi-amin, Hitler, Saddam Hussain, Charles Taylor.

The man who cant control his wife to be compared to Idi Amin dont make me laugh
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by 2cato: 7:07am On Dec 03, 2014
moemoni:
I can tell you for sure that GEJ is the most "clueless" president to ever rule this country!
if gej is as clueless as you think surely he will loose the next election and i promise to give you a tight hug face to face and spoil ur face with kisses for 3hours.
But if gej is cluefull and win the next election then you will give me a tight hug for 4hours.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by omar22(m): 7:10am On Dec 03, 2014
moemoni:

Actually he is the Clueless head of state to rule any country in the continent of Africa
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by fyneboi79(m): 7:24am On Dec 03, 2014
ToyozzieTohBad:
DOES THAT MEANS HE IS GOING TO CHOP GRASS VERY SOON
Yes dear,Gej will chop grass soonundecided
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by fyneboi79(m): 7:33am On Dec 03, 2014
Alphaoscar:
GEJ should rather be compared with legends like Idi-amin, Hitler, Saddam Hussain, Charles Taylor.
Which one of these men did ‎u ever know to be weak with a wife running her loose watery mouth with uncoordinated grammar don't make a f00l of ur self here.Abacha is d only Nigerian Head of state who fits here.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:44am On Dec 03, 2014
Dmano:
The truble is u people does not know d inormity of what is going 2 befall nigeria if u conive with d north & push gej away & put a northener & sudenly boko boys surrender then u expect oil 4rm niger delter or even gas 4 power?because am sure d wont bomb human but both crude & gas pipeline will not remain standing dat time u will feels economy bombing den ur eyes will open
Jonathan will be voted out, not overthrown by a coup d'état; so Niger Deltan militants taking up arms won't make sense. There is no part in the Constitution that says a person must be President for two terms.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by mashaun(m): 7:46am On Dec 03, 2014
UpLoyo:

Without men like him, imbeciles like you won't be able to open their mouths and enjoy freedom. So Jonathan can enter Air Force One? You are as clueless as the clown that gave you expired rice. Keep at it, Soyinka has achieved all that he could in life. Outside that hell hole you call a country you think anyone gives a crap about that f00l in aso rock? Soyinka can stand anywhere in the world and be recognized where it matters. Internet has made some of you guys dumber. Keep feeding on the rice, you'll run out.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by seanet02: 7:51am On Dec 03, 2014
PointB:
Wole Soyinka is just a talkative, who now-a-days mostly talks nonsense. Who even listens to him?
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by seanet02: 7:55am On Dec 03, 2014
When he spent 2 years in jail for biafra he was not talking nonsense
PointB:
Wole Soyinka is just a talkative, who now-a-days mostly talks nonsense. Who even listens to him?
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by holatin(m): 8:13am On Dec 03, 2014
Timehin:

Are you sure
ask once More

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FFK Slams Geoffrey Onyeama Over London Bridge Attack / Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault / Venezuela Using Nigerian Influencers To Wage Twitter War - Financial Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.