Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ (38183 Views)

Dele Momodu Likens GEJ Fate Afta March To Lautent Gbagbo Of Ivory Coast Case / Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan / Soyinka Condemns Jonathan’s ‘impunity’, Likens President To ‘nebuchadnezzar’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by banki(m): 8:25am On Dec 03, 2014
waternogetemeny:
All becos GEJ is not a Yoruba man. Tribalist!

When Wole Soyinka Tunde Bakare Elrufai Joe Oke Odumakin, Led SAVE NIGERIA GROUP to protest to make GEJ president of Nigeria where were you so called super supporters, where were all of you people that love jonathan so much....

Those were the people that stood up to yaraduas wife and her cabal, this same president was in that VILLA and couldn't do nothing

3 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by InglishTeechar(m): 9:01am On Dec 03, 2014
NewsHub:

When i read comments like yours i just weep for Nigeria.

That shows how foolish you are. Period.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by PointB: 9:06am On Dec 03, 2014
seanet02:
When he spent 2 years in jail for biafra he was not talking nonsense

He's not infallible; he can't be right all the time. I think he's now senile.

You know old men like to wag their tongues, just like obasanjo is doing lately!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by teadrake(m): 9:07am On Dec 03, 2014
Even president charles logan of 24 is better him
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Billygee2u: 9:23am On Dec 03, 2014
tarryT:
......and Soyinka can be likened to... a common cultist.
Soyinka is father of occults in Africa.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by manutdadex(m): 9:33am On Dec 03, 2014
SEYIOKE:
I also av d advice for d old wizard, he should use d kind of English GEJ and his wife will understand, so dat his advice will nt be a waste.... And sometimes big grammar does nt solve d problem. What has been d effect of his grammar on our political terrain
thank you..Nigerians dont get it, u avin a degree or an award shows u are good at one aspect, av seen stupid professors and it makes me wonda y soyinka refused political appointments, mayb he doesnt knw aw to lead, and person wey dey use mouth drive no dey eva get acident. Rullin a nation is more dan aw vocal u are but aw active n proactive u are, a trait i dont see in soyinka. If he is callin Gej Neb i will liken him to Aitophel....
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by isrecole: 9:38am On Dec 03, 2014
PA Wole Soyinka is just bitter that Jonathan promoted a man who defeated Fayemi in Ekiti State,Fayemi is Soyinka's boy. Soyinka is not happy at all. And besides the old man is senile so he can only repeat what he's told to say. If not so,what is the connection between what the IGP did and the President?? The IGP is a Lawyer and the provision of Section.168 subsection 1(g) is clear enough. If Tambuwal had resigned when there was massive cross carpetting from PDP then he could have taken advantage of the exemption in the Constitution,as at today there is no didvision in PDP so,Tambuwal must vacate his seat in the House of Reps. Tambuwal as a Lawyer knows this much but the likes of Wole Soyinka and other uninformed elements that are encouraging him to violate the Constitution

3 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Jesusloveyou: 9:48am On Dec 03, 2014
2cato:
Wole soyinka has been attacking gej is when gej failed to give any of his numerous children ministarial post. Mad Old Proffesor. Besides i thaught they say gej is a wickling and clueless.
he can be clueless and d same time lawless.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by manutdadex(m): 9:48am On Dec 03, 2014
bishoppapi:

Young man...please do not distort history by reporting half story. What happened in Odi or what did Odi people do before OBJ gave the order? If Jonathan had done the same to BH, Nigeria would not be in this mess. Or didnt you the number of people that were killed by suicide bombers few days ago?
we call dat genocide in d real world! Wen obasanjo was in power most of u guys were still .....(hw can i put it) in d dark! If na OBJ we wil av bigger problem in our hands than now..rulin in times of war requires a lot of patience and wisdom...Gej has had it rough! And i respect him a lot! If we use ObJ system we wil b fitin a war wit d whole nothern states!

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by miqos(m): 10:05am On Dec 03, 2014
i thought wole soyinka is not a christian
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by qtx(m): 10:22am On Dec 03, 2014
arsetalks:
Let's do this. Shall we?

Who is Wole Soyinka?

His full names are : Akinwande Oluwole Soyinka

His honours :

1973: Honorary PhD, University of Leeds
1973–74: Overseas Fellow, Churchill College, Cambridge
1983: Elected an Honorary Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature[38]
1983: Anisfield-Wolf Book Award, United States.
1986: Nobel Prize for Literature
1986: Agip Prize for Literature
1986: Commander of the Federal Republic, CFR.
1990: Benson Medal from Royal Society of Literature
1993: Honorary doctorate, Harvard University
2002: Honorary fellowship, SOAS[39]
2005: Honorary doctorate degree, Princeton University.[40]
2005: Conferred with the chieftaincy title of the Akinlatun of Egbaland by the Oba Alake of the Egba clan of Yorubaland. He was made a tribal aristocrat with the right to use the Yoruba title Oloye.[41]
2009: Academy of Achievement Golden Plate Award
2013, Anisfield-Wolf Book Award, Lifetime Achievement, United States.[42]

Now tell me who is GEJ?
Guy, look i dont blame you because you an African and a Nigerian like me, you see we are titles-crazy. Ask yourself a simple question, what has any of these his titles benefited a common man on the street? A man gathers title all over the world for the good of his personal life and that of his family and returns to his home town and begin to expect his country men to worship him as a result of the titles. And some people indeed begin to tremble at any little garbage things he spits from his mouth all the time. For your information, all over the world people in such a privileged position try their best to see how they can live a selfless life and not going around criticising the govt alone.

How has he been able to demonstrate his love for a common man? All his degrees and accolades are strictly for him and his family alone.
GEJ has being serving the public for years now in one way or the other so we can say he has touched lives even if he hasnt done it the way we expect that doesn't mean he has not being there.
People must think beyond partisanship and see things from the reality point of view. my take.

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 03, 2014
yinkard4me:

Who is ur dad? Tell him We need to talk.
Parents shdnt discuss errytyn in 'Kids' prensence

undecided
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by angelsing(m): 11:29am On Dec 03, 2014
Alphaoscar:
GEJ should rather be compared with legends like Idi-amin, Hitler, Saddam Hussain, Charles Taylor.
haba na!...I don't like his style of governance and I will vote against him come next election but to compare him to such bad people is absolutely wrong...I just felt the presidency was trusted to him when he was not ready for it. My humble opinion

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Oduduwaboy(m): 11:33am On Dec 03, 2014
tarryT:
......and Soyinka can be likened to... a common cultist.
You are worse than an abortus ...you have no brains to show for your years of existence ! wallahi tallahi !!

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Oduduwaboy(m): 11:39am On Dec 03, 2014
qtx:

Guy, look i dont blame you because you an African and a Nigerian like me, you see we are titles-crazy. Ask yourself a simple question, what has any of these his titles benefited a common man on the street? A man gathers title all over the world for the good of his personal life and that of his family and returns to his home town and begin to expect his country men to worship him as a result of the titles. And some people indeed begin to tremble at any little garbage things he spits from his mouth all the time. For your information, all over the world people in such a privileged position try their best to see how they can live a selfless life and not going around criticising the govt alone.

How has he been able to demonstrate his love for a common man? All his degrees and accolades are strictly for him and his family alone.
GEJ has being serving the public for years now in one way or the other so we can say he has touched lives even if he hasnt done it the way we expect that doesn't mean he has not being there.
People must think beyond partisanship and see things from the reality point of view. my take.
The most selfless thing an influential man can do in any society is to continually be at the forefront of the fight for good governance . Wole Soyinka has done this more than any man living in Nigeria today . Therefore. your submission becomes null & void .

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by angelsing(m): 11:45am On Dec 03, 2014
Like have noticed most times here, anything posted or any one who criticise this government by pointing out the mistakes and fault of the government gets slandered without addressing the fact or defending the opinion the person raised. That is why I like the Moniker by name Pendy, he brings facts and defend is opinion wisely, though he can spit fire as well. We shud learn to address the message rather than slander the messenger.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Oduduwaboy(m): 11:45am On Dec 03, 2014
PointB:

Someday you will also grow old and senile and begin to wag your tongue too in one forsaken & forgotten republic ( because Nigeria would have ceased existing by then due to the antics of GEJ ).
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by seanet02: 12:04pm On Dec 03, 2014
He is now senile? Ibo people and ungrateful attitude.
PointB:

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by PointB: 12:05pm On Dec 03, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

Someday you will also grow old and senile and begin to wag your tongue too in one forsaken & forgotten republic ( because Nigeria would have ceased existing by then due to the antics of GEJ ).

When I do, I hope I am not taken too seriously, and I hope to be called to order. Senility and old age are usually mutually inclusive.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by angelsing(m): 12:10pm On Dec 03, 2014
kayciano:
The PROF. bought all these INSULTS upon himself..,considering his status in the ACADEMIC ECHELON ..he should speak constructively..
Please what stops the PROF. from visiting,GEJ. Soliciting help.
He can even visit,SAMBISA ...since,he is immuned to Explosives(being a cultist).
Do you remember when Prof was talking about Boko haram calling them names and castigating their actions?. Do you know he was threatened by bokoharam saying they will kill him and he said to them I have led a fulfilled life and am an old man if u want to kill me u can cos am not afraid to die..Saying the prof to visit Sambisa is out of it...Everybody can't be a soldier, we all have our part to play.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by PointB: 12:11pm On Dec 03, 2014
seanet02:
He is now senile? Ibo people and ungrateful attitude.

Bigot. Say whatever you like, senility is usually sign of old age. I reckon folks like you think Soyinka is a god, ageless, immortal, and infallible. That's classic bigotry.

Soyinka is flesh and blood, and susceptible to the limitation, and frailty of flesh. You can take that to the bank!!
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by qtx(m): 12:14pm On Dec 03, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

The most selfless thing an influential man can do in any society is to continually be at the forefront of the fight for good governance . Wole Soyinka has done this more than any man living in Nigeria today . Therefore. your submission becomes null & void .
Which fight for good governance are you talking about? that a man doesn't seem to see anything good about the present administration is that what you call fight for good governance? aligning with opposition and engage in name calling and and insults on the government of the day?
You can never fight for good governance this way and expect better results okay.
Common road safety management they gave him during IBB regime how was he able to handle it and we all know how it ended up.
Oga, rest ok. If you think leadership is easy then i will ask you if you have ever handled even a course position in your tertiary institution(dats if you attended one anyway) you will understand that its easier to criticise from outside, but when you get there you will notice its not that easy as you think.
To hell with his criticisms what Nigerians want is solutions and not criticisms.
He is not doing the nation any good. Let him go and hide in his village because he can not proffer any solution to our problems.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by angelsing(m): 12:40pm On Dec 03, 2014
qtx:

Which fight for good governance are you talking about? that a man doesn't seem to see anything good about the present administration is that what you call fight for good governance? aligning with opposition and engage in name calling and and insults on the government of the day?
You can never fight for good governance this way and expect better results okay.
Common road safety management they gave him during IBB regime how was he able to handle it and we all know how it ended up.
Oga, rest ok. If you think leadership is easy then i will ask you if you have ever handled even a course position in your tertiary institution(dats if you attended one anyway) you will understand that its easier to criticise from outside, but when you get there you will notice its not that easy as you think.
To hell with his criticisms what Nigerians want is solutions and not criticisms.
He is not doing the nation any good. Let him go and hide in his village because he can not proffer any solution to our problems.
Seriously speaking, what is good about this our country presently?..During babangida/Abacha's tenure the country was still united irrespective of the tribe we came from, even the hausa's were sad with the way the country was and we all had one voice against the government. Fast forward to obasanjo/yaradua tenure, same thing one voice without division. Just check this present tenure, we now hate our self more, we don't tolerate each other anymore, Tribal and religion as divided us so much that we now call our self all sought of names just to prove we are superior to each other..I don't know the angle u supporter's of jonathan are looking at it from but the country has never been brought to his knees like this present government. All I want is good governance and am not seeing it in this present government..
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by nduchucks: 12:54pm On Dec 03, 2014
Goodness Gracious!!! Nebuchadnezzar kwa!! GEJ don suffer.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by qtx(m): 1:03pm On Dec 03, 2014
angelsing:
Seriously speaking, what is good about this our country presently?..During babangida/Abacha's tenure the country was still united irrespective of the tribe we came from, even the hausa's were sad with the way the country was and we all had one voice against the government. Fast forward to obasanjo/yaradua tenure, same thing one voice without division. Just check this present tenure, we now hate our self more, we don't tolerate each other anymore, Tribal and religion as divided us so much that we now call our self all sought of names just to prove we are superior to each other..I don't know the angle u supporter's of jonathan are looking at it from but the country has never been brought to his knees like this present government. All I want is good governance and am not seeing it in this present government..
Simple! the issue is that other bigger tribes feel the minority has no right to rule over them the reason all these crisis and problems they are giving GEJ. Its really unfortunate that in a country where we are made to believe that we are all Nigerians and equal by both birth and origin yet some people in some quarters will say they are born to rule hence no other person is qualify to rule. If you are talking of competence, let me ask you , is there a particular region that has the monotony of competence or capacity to rule?I have never seen a govt. in Nigeria that has been so frustrated by the troubles they citizens gives to it like this present govt. Let this man concentrate on carrying the country forward. Who ever feels he is more competent should prove it through the ballot box.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by IMMUNO1(m): 1:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
Wole Soyinka or whatever he calls himself should
d be ashamed that he is being led by a Nebucadnezzer for six years.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by angelsing(m): 3:06pm On Dec 03, 2014
qtx:

Simple! the issue is that other bigger tribes feel the minority has no right to rule over them the reason all these crisis and problems they are giving GEJ. Its really unfortunate that in a country where we are made to believe that we are all Nigerians and equal by both birth and origin yet some people in some quarters will say they are born to rule hence no other person is qualify to rule. If you are talking of competence, let me ask you , is there a particular region that has the monotony of competence or capacity to rule?I have never seen a govt. in Nigeria that has been so frustrated by the troubles they citizens gives to it like this present govt. Let this man concentrate on carrying the country forward. Who ever feels he is more competent should prove it through the ballot box.
I like ur post at list u did not result to insult irrespective of our notion...I don't believe the north must rule thing, I think no matter how hard the opposition or northerners are giving the president, the onus still fall on the president to weed out this bad element and persecute them...You can't keep calling someone a thief while u have never caught the person stealing..I just pray we get it right at the next election that include those for or against him

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by hansad: 3:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
Lucasbalo:
You are a brainstem for calling me a buffon. You are suffering from mental dwarfism for not realizing how bad the leadership has turned what is supposed to be a paradise on earth to a cesspool of corruption where anarchy is the order of the day. You and your ilk are the one suffering living on peanuts while your mini god GEJ and his fellow looters and their families are siphoning the Commonwealth funds into their personal accounts abroad. GEJ will fly to Germany when he feels sick and guys like you will go to useless General Hospital that is not even good enough for goats. You are supporting your own oppressors. My stake in Nigeria is limited. You and your fellow retards supporting an inept and corrupt president deserve a shithole you live in. By the way, it's election season in Nigeria, you must be waiting for your bag of rice and vegetable oil. Poverty mentality.
Nigeria is being turned upside down by religious extremists/terrorists from the far north of Nigeria, not by President GEJ. Corruption talk spined around Jonathan govt are mostly lies, unverified, unveriable; the corruption spins are from an oppostion group which wants power by all means, it is like an opposition tying corruption rope around Jonathan govt to drown it. They exploit the low literacy condition of Nigerian masses who cannot verify information. In your US, you will agree with me that any opposition party that spins such level of falsehood against a sitting president must get drowned instead by the electorate. You also will agree that in your US, if any opposition party is seen to contain people not condemning enemies of the US, the opposition party must get drowned by the electorate. APC contains most of the northern politicians that introduced use of extreme sharia laws in their states. Boko Haram says that it is fighting for a country governed by extreme sharia laws. Do you even see the nexuses between those politicians and Boko Haram that turns Nigeria upside down? GEj had since dispatched the best of soldiers and amunition that Nigeria could afford, yet because there are too many believers in the religious cause which Boko Haram is fighting for, sabotage of the fighters against Boko Haram remains the greatest obstacle to winning the fight. Think deeper, instesad of making President Jonathan a scape goat.

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by AmaechiLinus(m): 3:35pm On Dec 03, 2014
At least dem don stl hear ur voice @ Wole....if nt ehn to say u knw Nebucbha very wel,u no go campare am wit Jonathan.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by 1025: 3:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
2cato:
Wole soyinka has been attacking gej is when gej failed to give any of his numerous children ministarial post. Mad Old Proffesor. Besides i thaught they say gej is a wickling and clueless.

u also behave like Nebu.
can't Nebu channel his strength on the claimed war against boko haram? don't u know his attitude towards opposition is the main reason why America is not selling weapons to him? Nebu must change ooo or he might end up feeding on grass one day.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2014
kayciano:

NOW after all these things...
He can't still BURY HIMSELF..
He can't FLY without airplanes..
He still relies on GEJ to pay him monthly salary.
He may not even make a good leader(since he now has MOUTH DIARRHEA).
He can't attach PRESIDENT to his name.
He can't touch the walls of ASO ROCK.
He can't call for FEC meeting.
He can't do anything without GEJ's approval..
He can't even stage a coup.
He can't visit OPEC.
He can't address d AU.
He can't enter AIRFORCE ONE.
He can't even organise NASU meetings not to talk of ASUU..
He can't lead national prayers, without GEJ's approval
His memory can be wiped out with d emergence of our smart graduates..
He can't even cough b4 GEJ...but GEJ can fart b4 him..
With all these , he can't differentiate a hippopotamus from a rhinoceros..
SO, WHO IS HE....?
I THINK HE IS JUST A COCKROACH in a cellophane bag..

Lol
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 03, 2014
OLADD:
[color=#006600][/color]

The Prof is increasingly becoming more foolish and clownish these days probably as a result of old age That was how he pushed MKO Abiola to his death through unguided utterances thinking he can speak English more than the British. In his usual empty-barrel characteristic this man vowed to make Nigeria ungovernable if Abiola died in detention. Abiola indeed died but our saintly Prof could not do jack! No doubt, Soyinka is living in his past glory. Sowing seed of discord and pitching the masses against the authority while criticising any sitting govt is unbecoming of his personality. Why is he closing his eyes from the atrocity of a sitting speaker who brazenly stepped the law on the face by attempting to make the minority rule over the majority in the legislative House? Did Soyinka see any aberration in our lawmakers scaling the fence of the National Assembly in an apparent show of ignominy? Has the Prof ever criticised the opposition for the series of provocative and crisis-breeding statements emanating from their camps on daily basis? Is the Prof living in a different world by pretending not to see glaring imperialism and oppressions taking place in the opposition controlled States? When Oshiomole asked a widow "to go and die", was he in the country? When Fashola forcefully displaced the Makoko people from a place they had lived for more than 100 years with little or no compensation, was Soyinka dead at that time? When many opposition members were sent to their premature grave in Ekiti in the buildup to the guber election, did the Prof cry fowl? The world was too swift in giving Prof Soyinka a novel Laurette.

Nice submission!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Cuts His 76th Birthday Cake In Aso Rock, Abba Kyari Sings / Installation Of Tinubu As Akinrogun Of Lagos In 1992 (Throwback Photo) / Dame Patience Collides with Gov. Dickson, She Resigns In Bayelsa Civil Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.