Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,821 members, 7,824,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. (6105 Views)

Has GOD Given Humans Freewill Or Predestinated Humans?? / Yahweh And Freewill / GRACE: Destiny vs Freewill: Brethren, Let Us Break Bread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 03, 2014
An2elect2:

How did you come to the conclusion that there is freewill cos science does not back this claim?

Notice am addressing you as someone who does not believe in God or the authority of scripture.

noun: freewill
the power of acting without the constraint of necessity or fate; the ability to act at one's own discretion.
synonyms: self-determination, freedom of choice, autonomy, liberty, independence

Following that definition, everyone has freewill except those who believe in a deity that wants them to do the deity's will,those people don't have freewill they have been coerced to do the will of the deity and not theirs freewill is an illusion in religion. But I who don't believe in a deity, I have freewill because I don't act out of fear of hell or out of hope of heaven I do things according to my own will not influenced by any irrational beliefs.

Mind you,science is not my authority I am an independent person,I don't follow any dogma I am flexible.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by An2elect2(f): 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2014
Emusan:

In fact the bolded part fall out of logic. How can man MAKE A DECISION WITHOUT FIRST THINK?

What is FREEWILL? FREEWILL is the power of acting without the constraint of necessity or fate; the ability to act at one's own discretion or Free will is the ability to make choices without external coercion.

@bold-Now what is discretion? Discretion is the freedom to decide what should be done in a particular situation.
Again how can one make decision without first THINK?

In light of this can a man carried out any action without first REASON IT WITHIN HIM/HERSELF?

It's nothing more than power to make decision.

The only circumstances that influence our thought is what is going on around us and circumstances that consequently affect our decision is the result of our THOUGHT when we applied the POWER OF REASONING.

Truly, no scripture talks about freewill but we have many references within the scripture on how people used it.

You are contradicting yourself. If freewill is the ability to make choices without external coersion it means no man has freewill.

You can't think or make any decision without external or internal influences. Where is the freewill?

Why do you think they way you do? You don't have power over your thought processes. You can't originate any thought without being aided.
Common, do you want me to prove to you that there isn't any freewill ascribed to man with scriptures?
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by An2elect2(f): 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2014
Dapo777:

noun: freewill
the power of acting without the constraint of necessity or fate; the ability to act at one's own discretion.
synonyms: self-determination, freedom of choice, autonomy, liberty, independence

Following that definition, everyone has freewill except those who believe in a deity that wants them to do the deity's will,those people don't have freewill they have been coerced to do the will of the deity and not theirs freewill is an illusion in religion. But I who don't believe in a deity, I have freewill because I don't act out of fear of hell or out of hope of heaven I do things according to my own will not influenced by any irrational beliefs.

Mind you,science is not my authority I am an independent person,I don't follow any dogma I am flexible.

Okay. Now am going to challenge your 'freewill' dogma with real life experiences: These questions will help.

1. At what point do humans begin to have 'freewill'? Is it before their birth or after their birth?
2. What caused you to deny the existence of God?
3.Why did you join Nairaland?
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by Emusan(m): 12:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
Dapo777:
Why does GOD want to create? He is GOD he shouldn't need anything, it's only when someone needs something that he creates to supplement his needs. What does GOD needs that he decided to create us?

How do you know that God doesn't need anything out of what He created?

What about disabled babies that are born without legs nor arms ? Is GOD also without legs and arms?

This is not part of the topic don't let's us go beyond it so that it won't lead to long text.

Since he doesn't want us to be like robots,then why did he decided to punish us for not acting like robot?

Acting like a robot again when He has already given you freewill.
You got it wrong; tell me without practicing/involve in EVIL, IS THERE OTHER THING MAN CAN DO WITH HIS/HER FREEWILL?

GOD gave man freewill and yet he punishes those that decided to choose evil out of freewill,

YET you're the one complaining that there's an EVIL in the world, so if God didn't punish the act of evil how the one who choses to use their freewill in a good way will be justified?

it doesn't make sense,

To you.

if GOD didn't want us to do evil and at the same time didn't want us to behave like robots then GOD must be really confused, because it's not possible,either we only get to do good only and be like robots or we be like him and get to do evil,GOD wants to eat his cake and have it,funny GOD.

At least you never present a logical answer rather than attacking out of ignorance.

God didn't want you to do EVIL by giving you POWER TO MAKE DECISION or want you to be like a robot BUT that you can enjoy the FREEWILL of DOING GOOD. Is it only EVIL that man can do with his/her freewill?

Again, is it possible for man to prove existence of EVIL wrong?

Man, power of reasoning is different from freewill why are you joining those two different things together? Man can still be logical without having freewill,man can have freewill and be illogical. They are two different things man don't let religion confuse you.

An you called yourself an intelligent person, must you be intelligent before you can reason to make a decision? Over to you.

What is FREEWILL? FREEWILL is the power of acting without the constraint of necessity or fate; the ability to act at one's own discretion or Free will is the ability to make choices without external coercion.

@bold-Now what is discretion? Discretion is the freedom to decide what should be done in a particular situation.

How can man make a decision without first THINK/REASON?

Complete rubbish. If GOD knows that freewill (you are still equating reasoning with freewill wrongly) would be misused and he still decided to give man freewill then it means he wants us to misuse it.

No! He didn't want you to misuse it.
Can you do evil? If yes! why do you hate evil?
If No! then why others can be like you?

If GOD truly doesn't want us to misuse it,then he would have done something about it to prevent it from happening,

What do you want Him to do again after He has told you that LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF.

he is GOD he should be able to prevent future accident, since he decided not to prevent it then it only means he wants it to happen. SIMPLE.

He has prevented it by giving you a commandment which is "LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF" have you ever asked yourself, how the world will look like if man can follow this simple commandment?

I think I now know why you are equating reasoning to freewill,So that you can argue that Lucifer was the first to misuse it,because we all know angels don't have freewill and that would make your argument meaningless if you say Lucifer misused his freewill. Lol you tried but failed.

NO you don't! Because the POWER OF REASONING here is what is going on within you before make decision.
Just as you THINK DEEPLY on some issue before you turn Atheist.

Guy don't be confused, reasoning is different from freewill,

I can see you're a little bit confuse

we have artificial intelligence, they can be said to have intelligence to a certain extent but they have no freewill to go against their programming So your argument is already flawed from the start to equate freewill with intelligence. Give every details about intelligence? What the crap are you talking about?

Can an artificial intelligence REASON within itself before MAKING ANY DECISION, this is how you will know you're confuse.

Still flawed, no one is misusing power of reasoning,it's freewill we are talking about here but you have to change it to power of reasoning So that you can argue that Lucifer was the first to misuse his reasoning. Doesn't make sense because intelligence cannot be misused.

And you couldn't differentiate between when a human can REASON within him/herself before making a decision and intelligence of man. SMH

Imaging intelligence can not be misused, this is coming from someone who think he is more intelligent than Religious person.

Lol man what are you saying,who is talking about love here. See the way you changed freewill to power of reasoning now you want to change it to love? Guy you are funny.

Go back to elementary school please.
The commandment of God is "LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF" now before you put your power of reasoning into action this law should be your foundation where you build your decision, so when those THUGS love the woman as themselves would they beat her like that?

You never answer this!

Freewill that's the word, not reasoning. We misused freewill not power of reasoning, you are confusing yourself not me.

How can you put your FREEWILL into action without first THINK?

necessity is the mother of invention, what does GOD need that he decided to create us? If GOD needed something from us then we can't call him GOD again.

It depends on the aspect you bring your need from
But God brought creation into being to show His power and infinite wisdom just like nobody will know that Faraday is more intelligent and hardworking if he hadn't invented anything.

Irrelevant question.

You called it irrelevant when it's so much relevant as part of the question you ask below.

So you like the way the world is presently?

And you couldn't answer my question
Let me ask you again, can man prove existence of EVIL wrong?

If you were GOD you wouldn't have done any better.

I can't do anything than what God has done by giving us FREEWILL and guided the FREEWILL with a commandment "though shall love your neighbour as yourself", paved way for SALVATION and punish anybody accordingly who failed to follow the instruction BY MAKING LIFE HARD FOR THOSE WHO CHOSE TO FOLLOW the commandment. that will make me a JUST PERSON.

The existence of evil only shows that either GOD doesn't exist or he doesn't give a damn about mankind

He exists and much concerns about mankind BUT the existence of EVIL shows that mankind are forsaken God's beautiful commandment and decided to walk on their own ways where nobody will JUDGE their action.
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by Emusan(m): 1:13pm On Dec 03, 2014
An2elect2:
You are contradicting yourself. If freewill is the ability to make choices without external coersion it means no man has freewill.

How am I contradicting myself?
There's a freewill in man, ability to THINK on YOUR OWN and make a DECISION based on WHAT YOU THINK!
The decision you're about to make would have originated from the THOUGHT in you and your THOUGHT will originate from what is going on around you.

You can't think or make any decision without external or internal influences. Where is the freewill?

You're confusing yourself, you can only think on what surrounded you THEN make a decision on WHAT YOU have THOUGHT.
When all these processes are going on you're the only person who hold the key.

I can try to change your THINKING just by a little talk/advise BUT IT IS LEFT for you TO REASON WITH ME and begin TO ACT ON WHAT YOU'VE reasoned within you.

I believe this is clear enough to phantom.

Why do you think the way you do?

Because their many things going on around me.

You don't have power over your thought processes.

Is true because our mind can dive into many thing seen by our eyes and hear by our ears BUT YOU DO HAVE POWER OVER what you THINK and YOUR DECISION on it.

You can't originate any thought without being aided.

Aided by what?
Is it by being compelled or think to fornicate?

Common, do you want me to prove to you that there isn't any freewill ascribed to man with scriptures?

So what do you understand by freewill?
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2014
Emusan do you need the power of reasoning to decide to breath air? Do you need the power of reasoning to decide to blink your eyes? You are making it sound like every action I make I must have thought about it deeply before I can make decision. You are So blind and clueless. If a dog suddenly starts barking and running towards you,do you start thinking deeply before you tear race? You skipped biology class when they were teaching reflex actions Abi? Do you have to think deeply for every step you take while you are walking. Tell me again how the power of reasoning is required for every action we take? Funny guy grin
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 03, 2014
An2elect2:

Okay. Now am going to challenge your 'freewill' dogma with real life experiences: These questions will help.

1. At what point do humans begin to have 'freewill'? Is it before their birth or after their birth?
2. What caused you to deny the existence of God?
3.Why did you join Nairaland?

In fact ,me being born into this world isn't my freewill. I didn't decide to come into this world I just met myself in this world against my will.

I am not completely ruling out the existence of GOD I am skeptical about God's existence.

Lol man how is that question relevant to this discussion? When I came to nairaland last year January I was still a Christian, I saw nairaland as a good avenue for seeking help and getting suggestions on any life issues that was why I came to nairaland.
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by Emusan(m): 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
Dapo777:
Emusan do you need the power of reasoning to decide to breath air? Do you need the power of reasoning to decide to blink your eyes? You are making it sound like every action I make I must have thought about it deeply before I can make decision. You are So blind and clueless. If a dog suddenly starts barking and running towards you,do you start thinking deeply before you tear race? You skipped biology class when they were teaching reflex actions Abi? Do you have to think deeply for every step you take while you are walking. Tell me again how the power of reasoning is required for every action we take? Funny guy grin

I can see your ignorance.

You're the one talking about FREEWILL, do you need freewill to blink your eyes or run for a dog when you're being chased?

Before you become an Atheist, don't you REASON on something and don't you act on your THOUGHT?

We're talking about how freewill is an agent of good and bad action as in our society today which stems out from your own OP but you're here talking as a kid again.

Grow up in wisdom man.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by edogho(m): 2:18pm On Dec 03, 2014
Dapo777:

You still aren't making any sense. If boko harm approaches you,do you think they want something from you? Is there anything you could do at that point to prevent yourself from being killed? You are the one who would blame the antelope for being killed because you blamed the woman for falling on the floor and crying So I won't be surprised if you blamed the antelope for being killed by the leopard,the woman would have fought back if She was strong enough to overcome the bandit but in the case where She isn't strong enough that's when GOD should save her because it is not her will to be beaten. But no GOD won't interfere he would rather preserve the freewill of the bandit rather than preserve the freewill of the poor mother
Are u listening to ursef? everyone wants something, even boko haram. unless u don't agree with that simple truth. some wants to see ppl happy why some wants to see the opposite. one might unluckily encounter d later and meets blood thirsty freaks. i've rather heard of cases where a girl was raped before she was killed. if u ask me, i would advice she fought and let the blood thirsty fellow kill her first than raping her. Might sound insane or same to you, buh its her call and mi advice is best for it saves her the pain of molestation]. The secret is recognising what ur enemy really wants and choosing the best choice that'll satisfy both sides. Its a win-win. And in such situations, don't bring freewill or God, it just don't apply, except to some Dapo777 and others.... grin grin

Good Day Enjoy
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
Emusan:

I can see your ignorance.

You're the one talking about FREEWILL, do you need freewill to blink your eyes or run for a dog when you're being chased?

Before you become an Atheist, don't you REASON on something and don't you act on your THOUGHT?

We're talking about how freewill is an agent of good and bad action as in our society today which stems out from your own OP but you're here talking as a kid again.

Grow up in wisdom man.

Man you lack common sense. So now you have to change the definition of freewill to support your lies? You are funny boy. That's not the definition of freewill you just cooked up that definition to support your lies that you must think through everything before you can decide to take actions. That was your stance.

Yes you need freewill to blink your eyes,you need freewill to run from a dog,freewill doesn't have to d with good or bad actions only. Freewill is the ability to do ANYTHING without coercion, you are the one that modified the definition of freewill to support your lies. Mr ignoramus. Someone like you shouldn't be taken seriously. You change the definition of things to support your lies.
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by Emusan(m): 2:29pm On Dec 03, 2014
Dapo777:
In fact ,me being born into this world isn't my freewill. I didn't decide to come into this world I just met myself in this world [size=14pt]against my will.[/size]

@bold-so what is your will before you were been born into this world?

I am not completely ruling out the existence of GOD I am skeptical about God's existence.

That's how some Atheist do say when within them they know He exists BUT just want God to vanish out of existence (which isn't possible) so nobody will hold them responsible for their action.

Lol man how is that question relevant to this discussion? When I came to nairaland last year January I was still a Christian, I saw nairaland as a good avenue for seeking help and getting suggestions on any life issues that was why I came to nairaland.

After this you can still continue to equate POWER of REASONING with blinking of eyes and chasing by dog.

When you join Nairaland you read many posts and topics probably against God from Atheist here THEN YOU BEGAN to RETHINK (don't you?) and finally you make a DECISION to act on those things which result in becoming an Atheist.

Remember, people who created topic(s) or posted comment aren't there with you BUT you began to think and make a decision based on what surrounded your view. So if there is no power of reasoning(freewill) you won't become an Atheist.

Then ask yourself, is God responsible for your decision?

People who carried out EVIL act today were sometimes in your position.
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
edogho:
Are u listening to ursef? everyone wants something, even boko haram. unless u don't agree with that simple truth. some wants to see ppl happy why some wants to see the opposite. one might unluckily encounter d later and meets blood thirsty freaks. i've rather heard of cases where a girl was raped before she was killed. if u ask me, i would advice she fought and let the blood thirsty fellow kill her first than raping her. Might sound insane or same to you, buh its her call and mi advice is best for it saves her the pain of molestation]. The secret is recognising what ur enemy really wants and choosing the best choice that'll satisfy both sides. Its a win-win. And in such situations, don't bring freewill or God, it just don't apply, except to some Dapo777 and others.... grin grin

Good Day Enjoy

Just listen to your imbecilic reply. It saves her the pain of molestation as if the pain of death is lesser than the pain of molestation, again I am asking you,are you this silly in real life or you just act this way on nairaland? What stupid win win situation do you have when you are faced with boko haram? Just listen to yourself,are you making any sense at all?
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by An2elect2(f): 2:48pm On Dec 03, 2014
Dapo777:

In fact ,me being born into this world isn't my freewill. I didn't decide to come into this world I just met myself in this world against my will.

Lol there you go! you have exposed the 'freewill' lie yourself.

1.You came into this world against your will. Dang! Let me tell you something, Freewill can only be exercised when there are no factors(within or without) causing you to do something or act the way you act. Also, it can only exist when you have choices that are free too!
There is no how you came into this world without something causing it. Think about anything that caused your birth and that thing that caused th 'anything' and that thing that caused this and on and on.
If you didn't have free choice to choose to be born or not to be born there is no how you have free choices and freewill. You don't even have the freewill to choose to remain alive forever or to die some day. You are going to die someday. Where is your freewill then? You are bound by the laws of nature friend. You can boast of freewill when you break these laws.

2. Sceptical about God's existence? Where you born that way. If yes, you can't help it. You will just have to think that way. Now, i ask. If you are bound by that nature, how can you say you are free?
If no, something must have caused you to doubt. Your surroundings, the books you've read, your background,etc. Whatever it is something is definitely behind.

3.Okay.
You know what? you wouldn't have joined this Forum if it was not in existence and you didn't have a need. Some things drove you here. Your decision(what you erroneously believe to be freewill) was just the effect of something unseen but real.
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 03, 2014
Emusan:

@bold-so what is your will before you were been born into this world?
I have no will before I was born because I wasn't existing,if I was existing before I was born I would have chosen not to come to this world.

That's how some Atheist do say when within them they know He exists BUT just want God to vanish out of existence (which isn't possible) so nobody will hold them responsible for their action.
I have already dealt with this assumption every Christians make about the reason why we are atheist in this thread --->
https://www.nairaland.com/1985752/atheists-because-want-continue-sinning

After this you can still continue to equate POWER of REASONING with blinking of eyes and chasing by dog.
This guy reasoning is not the same as freewill are you this blind beyond remedy. Freewill is not the same as reasoning, you can decide to do somethings without thinking about it,are you So daft you don't realise this?

When you join Nairaland you read many posts and topics probably against God from Atheist here THEN YOU BEGAN to RETHINK (don't you?) and finally you make a DECISION to act on those things which result in becoming an Atheist.

I have also dealt with this assumptions by Christians that atheists are against GOD, in this thread---> https://www.nairaland.com/1987558/now-believe-god-real-evidence
guy I know some actions would be made after thinking deeply ,what I am saying is that we make some decisions without thinking nor using our reasoning,like when you are eating,do you start thinking deeply to put food into your mouth? Yet it was your freewill that made you eat,nobody controlled you to eat that food and you didnt think deeply befire eating the food.How old are you? I am beginning to wonder what's So difficult in my explanation for you to grasp?

Remember, people who created topic(s) or posted comment aren't there with you BUT you began to think and make a decision based on what surrounded your view. So if there is no power of reasoning(freewill) you won't become an Atheist.
Those are decisions that are reached after much thoughts,it's not every decision that requires thinking,get that into your skull.

Then ask yourself, is God responsible for your decision?

People who carried out EVIL act today were sometimes in your position.

Yes GOD is responsible if he exist,because he gave me the ability to do evil despite the fact that he knew I would do evil he still went ahead to give me,that means he wants me to do it,that means he supports evil,if he doesn't support evil he would have done something to prevent it from happening,not just by giving commandment because that hasn't solved anything but by making me unable to do evil and still exercising my freewill,since he wants to eat his cake and have it. Gbam.
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 03, 2014
An2elect2:

Lol there you go! you have exposed the 'freewill' lie yourself.

1.You came into this world against your will. Dang! Let me tell you something, Freewill can only be exercised when there are no factors(within or without) causing you to do something or act the way you act. Also, it can only exist when you have choices that are free too!
There is no how you came into this world without something causing it. Think about anything that caused your birth and that thing that caused th 'anything' and that thing that caused this and on and on.
If you didn't have free choice to choose to be born or not to be born there is no how you have free choices and freewill. You don't even have the freewill to choose to remain alive forever or to die some day. You are going to die someday. Where is your freewill then? You are bound by the laws of nature friend. You can boast of freewill when you break these laws.

2. Sceptical about God's existence? Where you born that way. If yes, you can't help it. You will just have to think that way. Now, i ask. If you are bound by that nature, how can you say you are free?
If no, something must have caused you to doubt. Your surroundings, the books you've read, your background,etc. Whatever it is something is definitely behind.

3.Okay.
You know what? you wouldn't have joined this Forum if it was not in existence and you didn't have a need. Some things drove you here. Your decision(what you erroneously believe to be freewill) was just the effect of something unseen but real.

Yes I agree with you. If there truly exist a GOD who is omnipotent omnipresent omniscient, I doubt we would have freewill, GOD would be in control of everything we would be nothing but puppets in his hands if he exist. Freewill is an illusion
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by Weah96: 3:17pm On Dec 03, 2014
Dapo777:

What do you call such a GOD?

An invisible, non-existent one.
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by edogho(m): 3:21pm On Dec 03, 2014
Dapo777:

Just listen to your imbecilic reply. It saves her the pain of molestation as if the pain of death is lesser than the pain of molestation, again I am asking you,are you this silly in real life or you just act this way on nairaland? What stupid win win situation do you have when you are faced with boko haram? Just listen to yourself,are you making any sense at all?
stop all this childish ranting, ever heard of mercy killing? if no, i can understand y u are thinking this way. no matter how u see it, death is better than some kind of pain. if u are not matured enough to know about this, i can understand y u just spew insults like an irresponsible person. you insults makes u sound childish and petty minded. smh.

grow up
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by An2elect2(f): 4:34pm On Dec 03, 2014
Dapo777:

Yes I agree with you. If there truly exist a GOD who is omnipotent omnipresent omniscient, I doubt we would have freewill, GOD would be in control of everything we would be nothing but puppets in his hands if he exist. Freewill is an illusion

Perfect! any 'Christian' that daunts this submission knows nothing about God yet. This is completely scriptural and very clear in Romans 9! God WILL have mercy on whosoever He wishes to have mercy on. God WILL make Himself known to whoever He chooses. This choice is not dependent on us but on God.

Rom 9:21 likens God to the Potter who can do whatever He likes to His clay.

False Christianity will tell you the clay has a role to play in the Potter's decision. How can? how possible?
lol.

But you see, there is something about God and the way He reveals Himself. He doesn't use the wisdom of this world but its foolishness. What the world term foolish is the very thing God uses to reveal Himself to man.

He takes pride in shaming atheists, philosophers,astronomists,etc The wise. There is always something out there for them to question. He looks down to see these so called wise ones display their ignorance and careless neglect of common sense and laughs. God laughs at the devices of men. They want to sort Him out without Him. How possible?

There is more...

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by Emusan(m): 7:49pm On Dec 03, 2014
Dapo777:

Man you lack common sense. So now you have to change the definition of freewill to support your lies? You are funny boy. That's not the definition of freewill you just cooked up that definition to support your lies that you must think through everything before you can decide to take actions. That was your stance.

Yes you need freewill to blink your eyes,you need freewill to run from a dog,freewill doesn't have to d with good or bad actions only. Freewill is the ability to do ANYTHING without coercion, you are the one that modified the definition of freewill to support your lies. Mr ignoramus. Someone like you shouldn't be taken seriously. You change the definition of things to support your lies.

This show that you lack knowledge.
You think I'm like you who is ready to formulate a lie to keep people in darkness.
Don't you have dictionary or Google? why can you do yourself a great favour from embarrassing yourself by do a little search before you laid this accusation against me?

What is FREEWILL?
https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=what+is+freewill%3F&oq=what+is+freewill%3F&gs_l=serp.3...10706990.10715673.0.10716491.16.15.0.0.0.0.748.1351.5-1j1.2.0.msedrc...0...1c.1.58.serp..14.2.1349.awG9-I_R2a4
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 03, 2014
Weah96:

An invisible, non-existent one.

Lol
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
An2elect2:

Perfect! any 'Christian' that daunts this submission knows nothing about God yet. This is completely scriptural and very clear in Romans 9! God WILL have mercy on whosoever He wishes to have mercy on. God WILL make Himself known to whoever He chooses. This choice is not dependent on us but on God.

False Christianity will tell you the clay has a role to play in the Potter's decision. How can? how possible?
lol.

But you see, there is something about God and the way He reveals Himself. He doesn't use the wisdom of this world but its foolishness. What the world term foolish is the very thing God uses to reveal Himself to man.

He takes pride in shaming atheists, philosophers,astronomists,etc The wise. There is always something out there for them to question. He looks down to see these so called wise ones display their ignorance and careless neglect of common sense and laughs. God laughs at the devices of men. They want to sort Him out without Him. How possible?

There is more...

Interesting ,tell me more.
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by honourhim: 11:17pm On Dec 03, 2014
Dapo777:

Tag: theunusualmoon, Honourhim

Before i make my submission i want to be sure that you will keep this discussion free of insult and abuse of any kind either to me or to God. You can disagree with any point i make but not with insult or abuse. Note that i called it discussion not argument. I disagree with atheists like Kay17, Davien, Dataman yet we dont bring insults into our disagreements. If you cant control yourself we can leave the discussion. Thanks.
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by edogho(m): 3:45pm On Dec 05, 2014
honourhim:

Before i make my submission i want to be sure that you will keep this discussion free of insult and abuse of any kind either to me or to God. You can disagree with any point i make but not with insult or abuse. Note that i called it discussion not argument. I disagree with atheists like Kay17, Davien, Dataman yet we dont bring insults into our disagreements. If you cant control yourself we can leave the discussion. Thanks.
definitely not with Dapo, the guy is just childish. I don't get his problem or way of thinking, its just unethical, smh.

I respect and admire most atheists, even i would like to discuss more wit them buh this Dapo understands nothing about being human and ethical. I promise the next time he brings his childish tantrums to any discuss i have with him, I'll just ignore him and move on to discussing with more matured behaving fellows.

Nl being a faceless forum does not give anyone the license to misbehave and act barbaric. I detest such, it tells ppl who you really are in reality
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by theunusualmoon(m): 4:45pm On Dec 05, 2014
Well guys @Dapo777 can really be caustic at times but let's cut him some slack a little.He may not really mean those words.I guess he's just annoyed we are still christians which,of course, we will always be.
I think the major challenge these atheists have is how they will be percieved by other atheists should they become christians again,considering the fact that many of them mock christians a lot.
I just hope if we succeed at making Dapo see the light he will not refuse to open his eyes for fear of being mocked.
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by honourhim: 4:58pm On Dec 05, 2014
edogho:
definitely not with Dapo, the guy is just childish. I don't get his problem or way of thinking, its just unethical, smh.

I respect and admire most atheists, even i would like to discuss more wit them buh this Dapo understands nothing about being human and ethical. I promise the next time he brings his childish tantrums to any discuss i have with him, I'll just ignore him and move on to discussing with more matured behaving fellows.

Nl being a faceless forum does not give anyone the license to misbehave and act barbaric. I detest such, it tells ppl who you really are in reality

Yea we have some children atheists here like him so when you see them you avoid them because they have nothing to offer. That's why I gave him that condition. I hope Seun opens a children's section for them.
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 05, 2014
Hehehe if telling people the truth in a way that sinks into their head is childish then I don't want to ever get matured. grin
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by frank317: 6:42pm On Dec 05, 2014
edogho:
stop all this childish ranting, ever heard of mercy killing? if no, i can understand y u are thinking this way. no matter how u see it, death is better than some kind of pain. if u are not matured enough to know about this, i can understand y u just spew insults like an irresponsible person. you insults makes u sound childish and petty minded. smh.

grow up

Am honestly tempted to call u a foooool. Can u pls shut the f up if you have nothing to say? No wonder your God is so mean that he could watch his creation suffer and do nothing but blame them for it.

Just see the boldness in which you spill nonsense from your mouth. Yet you think you are being reasonable. Honestly you deserve a slap for thinking this way.

You are actually a devil.

My wish is that your sister be rapped and whenever the time comes she should chose to die by because her death is good for your family.
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by BossTtdiamonds(m): 6:43pm On Dec 05, 2014
The logic behind the OP is flawed based on the followin' premise..

1. The idea behind the write-up was developed of an atheistic concept. You merely tossed a conversation out here, soundin' very confident in your assertion expectin' us to accept the logic of what you're sayin'. This however does not prove the validity of your premise. A mere assertion proves nothin'.

2. The scenario was imagined and untrue.

3. There's no evidence to backup that such acts took place as athiests believe in concrete and infallible proofs.

4. Atheist don't believe in the concept of Faith, and that is the only means of commuication with God.. So the suppossed communication in the OP is flawed.

5. You have used the bible's description of God to construct your argument. If you've used the bible to consrtuct the problem, how could you object to using the bible to solve the problem? In essence, you're usin' the bible when it is convenient/suits your premise, but you reject the Bible when the text clears up all contradictions. One of the primary purpose of the bible is to show the consistency of God's characteristics. To say God has qualities/have given us qualities (derived from the bible) that are inconsistent, and then to completely ignore his explanation that reconciles them is dishonest.
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by BossTtdiamonds(m): 6:45pm On Dec 05, 2014
frank317:

Am honestly tempted to call u a foooool. Can u pls shut the f up if you have nothing to say? No wonder your God is so mean that he could watch his creation suffer and do nothing but blame them for it.

Just see the boldness in which you spill nonsense from your mouth. Yet you think you are being reasonable. Honestly you deserve a slap for thinking this way.

You are actually a devil.

My wish is that your sister be rapped and whenever the time comes she should chose to die by because her death is good for your family.

Wow.. Never knew someone could be Rapped...
Rap Cypher? Rap Battle? Which Rap..?
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by frank317: 6:45pm On Dec 05, 2014
An2elect2:

lol.

There is more...

Your God hates wise people and loves foolishness. That's why I and him can never be in any relationship... I hate foolishness
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by frank317: 6:47pm On Dec 05, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Wow.. Never knew someone could be Rapped...
Rap Cypher? Rap Battle? Which Rap..?

That was a typo... But did u get the message?
Re: The Reason Why Freewill Argument Fails To Explain Evil. by BossTtdiamonds(m): 6:53pm On Dec 05, 2014
frank317:

That was a typo... But did u get the message?

I got you message that without God morality would not be in existence..
How else would you Justify your Wish that someone else's sister gets raped?
You'd rape his sister just to get back at him if she was near you innit?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

13 Bloodlines Of The Illuminati / D / Why Do Atheists Bother?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.