Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,789 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest (38254 Views)

Apply For UBA National Essay Competition 2015 / UNESCO International Essay Contest 2015 / Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Emvin(m): 10:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
Babymama1:
Illicit,emvin,Darch,psalmwise and all the others that expressed interest
The competition is on

Read and follow the rules

Just wanted to post my essay but was shocked when I checked my eligibility status.. I'm yet to reach d 200 post mark.

Cc: cfcfan, berem, aisha2 can u guys reduce d no of posts to 100, pls.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 12, 2014
Emvin:

Just wanted to post my essay but was shocked when I checked my eligibility status.. I'm yet to reach d 200 post mark.

Just submit your essay. The requirements are flexible.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 12, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:

Abeg na. Make una answer me.

You didn't mention anyone, so no one saw this post. The requirements are flexible. If you have a strong entry, submit it.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Excelboi(m): 10:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
Just submitted mine... I hope for the best.

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Excelboi(m): 10:58pm On Dec 12, 2014
MissMeiya:

You didn't mention anyone, so no one saw this post. The requirements are flexible. If you have a strong entry, submit it.
Hope you received mine (Excelboi) with the scanned image?
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 12, 2014
Excelboi:
Hope you received mine (Excelboi) with the scanned image?

Yes, it has been received. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 13, 2014
Emvin:

Go ahead and send it
The post count eligibility is reduced

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 13, 2014
MissMeiya:
[size=21pt]BabyOsisi Christmas Essay Contest[/size]
Yesterday, in the spirit of holiday giving, Miss BabyOsisi offered to reward an enterprising Nairaland youth with $100 for participating in an essay contest. Since then, her generous offer has snowballed into over ₦95,000 in cash and prizes from a combination of donations from other Nairaland members. The generosity of our fellow Nairalanders is both impressive and humbling. Thank you, to each and every one of you. The sponsors are listed below.

The purpose of the contest is to recognize and encourage young Nigerians to consider and discuss solutions to social, political, and economic problems facing Nigeria today. We invite essays that explore and challenge the status quo in Nigeria and proffer creative and feasible plans of action.

[size=13pt]Theme:
Consulting Nigeria's Heirs
"If we all wait for everyone to change before we do, change will never come."
[/size]

If you have any questions please contact MissMeiya, berem, CFCfan, or aisha2.

Good luck!!!

Is it possible to increase the word limit from 700 words? Urgent reply needed please. Currently drafting mine am 700 words is a huge limitation am having. 850 wont be bad.
Cc: Aisha2 Babymama1 MissMeiya, berem, CFCfan,
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 13, 2014
Martins301:

Is it possible to increase the word limit from 700 words? Urgent reply needed please. Currently drafting mine am 700 words is a huge limitation am having. 850 wont be bad.
Cc: cfcfan, berem, aisha2 Babymama1

Same here , I'm having like 750 words here and that's why I'm yet to submit my entry
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2014
Neyoor:

Same here , I'm having like 750 words here and that's why I'm yet to submit my entry

We gat wait for them to confirm then. I have done enough editing. 700 words is a huge limit for a comprehensive article on Nigerian issues
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by smithsammy(m): 4:37pm On Dec 13, 2014
i have just submitted mine! hoping for the best.

2 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 13, 2014
Martins301:

We gat wait for them to confirm then. I have done enough editing. 700 words is a huge limit for a comprehensive article on Nigerian issues

Neyoor:

I wish the eediots that chastised their mother for a 250 word essay can read this

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 13, 2014
Babymama1:

I wish the eediots that chastised their mother for a 250 word essay can read this

Wait o. Is the maximum word count 250? Mine has hit over 900 and I had to stop when I rechecked and saw its 700. Who can give the appropriate directions? And maybe the person should also edit the rules.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 13, 2014
Martins301:

Wait o. Is the maximum word count 250? Mine has hit over 900 and I had to stop when I rechecked and saw its 700. Who can give the appropriate directions? And maybe the person should also edit the rules.

That was the initial count at the other thread
The requirements were revamped
People thought it was wicked to ask anyone to write a 250 word essay and I had a time trying to convince some illiterates that any story worth reading would easily exceed 250 words
I am glad a real contestant is telling us how hard he is finding it to stay under 700 words.
If I were you I would certainly edit and cut out stuff to stay under 700

[size=18pt]Please follow the requirements on the first post of this thread[/size]

2 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by dejt4u(m): 5:13pm On Dec 13, 2014
The max. is 700. Any change now will be unfair to some that has submitted.. I had to shrink my essay and remove some aspects before i could submit..
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 13, 2014
dejt4u:
The max. is 700. Any change now will unfair to some that has submitted.. I had to shrink my essay and remove some aspects before i could submit..

You are so correct
I am sure others had to do some work to stay in the word limit
It will be unfair to them
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 13, 2014
Babymama1:

You are so correct
Babymama1:

You are so correct
dejt4u:
The max. is 700. Any change now will unfair to some that has submitted.. I had to shrink my essay and remove some aspects before i could submit..

Well said. I'll stick to 700 and submit my entry soonest.

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by dejt4u(m): 5:29pm On Dec 13, 2014
Neyoor:

Well said. I'll stick to 700 and submit my entry soonest.
all the best bro!

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Kimoni: 6:03pm On Dec 13, 2014
Neyoor:

Ordinarily, ur 750 should be ok, there's always a standard 10% plus or minus in essay writing but then, pls confirm from ur judges.

I really wish you guys can all be winners, even I will be heartbroken for ppl who have put in so much effort but win nothing. All the best peeps!
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by israelboy1(m): 6:23pm On Dec 13, 2014
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 13, 2014
Babymama1:

That was the initial count at the other thread
The requirements were revamped
People thought it was wicked to ask anyone to write a 250 word essay and I had a time trying to convince some illiterates that any story worth reading would easily exceed 250 words
I am glad a real contestant is telling us how hard he is finding it to stay under 700 words.
If I were you I would certainly edit and cut out stuff to stay under 700

[size=18pt]Please follow the requirements on the first post of this thread[/size]

Thanks. Me I have submitted just now.

2 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by israelboy1(m): 6:38pm On Dec 13, 2014
nice move
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 13, 2014
Submitted mine through that link. What's the next step?

Cc: Aisha2 Babymama1 MissMeiya, berem, CFCfan

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by israelboy1(m): 6:42pm On Dec 13, 2014
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 13, 2014
israelboy1:

mine is not submitting faaa.....this field is required is what i have been experiencing

Its probably the image or file you are uploading. Try resizing or rescaling it to bring the size down to about 150k maximum

Close the page and start again

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by israelboy1(m): 6:47pm On Dec 13, 2014
Martins301:

Its probably the image or file you are uploading. Try resizing or rescaling it to bring the size down to about 150k maximum

Close the page and start again
i have done it. thanks

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 13, 2014
I have finally submitted my entry.

3 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 13, 2014
Is it closing tonight or 2mao's night.

The platform for submission is not good enough.
My entry look scattered after clicking the submission link, eventhough, I spaced it well before copying it.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 13, 2014
Due to editing and cutting off of some parts I left out a vital piece of information. just hoping the judges will oberlook it or request for the information as I still have a copy of the draft with me..

Babymama1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Alikaxon(m): 9:15pm On Dec 13, 2014
Erection:
Anyone who participates in this shiit is a broke ass #Nigga.. ?? What is #95k ?? Babymama, You disgust me.
Hello, honestly your post almost made me shed tears, not really because of your arrogance, but because of the number of students you've detered; who really would believe that it is "brokeness" that compels people to write essays as this. Why can't you keep your opinion to yourself? Do you think everybody should be that rich as you, that is if actually you are. You talk like an over fed kid. The coming generation is lazy, they don't fancy things like this, there are still some distinguished ones that doesn't need money to explore their writing skills. This is such an oppurtunity........ And yes, 95k is such a big amount, God bless the sponsors. That sum can turn the life of some students in our tertiary institutions around. I didn't waste my time in advising you, hope you'll be receptive.
phoinix:

No p, if she sends her certificate I will pay her.
Bro, you can kindly support by sending your donation. It really make no sense spiting and criticizing someone who has done something good for it. Your accusations are most untenable, I don't understand what is too private in a student ID or certificate that can be used against you. If only people could have common sense. Its sad!

6 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 13, 2014
REMINDER:

Contest closes tomorrow!

Good luck to the entrants who have submitted so far.

4 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Numerouuuno: 9:48pm On Dec 13, 2014
THE ESSAY NOW HAS A THEME,
I DIDN'T SEE ANY THEME BEFORE,WAS THIS RECENTLY ADDED?
what i saw before is "write on your discipline / area of interest"

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

"I Should Have Cheated" - Nigerian Guy Who Fails WAEC Cries Out (photos) / Technical University, Ibadan Built By Central Bank (Photos) / UNILAG Ranks Best In Nigeria And 8th In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.