Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

I Replaced Gx470 Faulty Air Suspension Today - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Replaced Gx470 Faulty Air Suspension Today (11559 Views)

Air Suspension Problem Solved Permanently / Audi A6 V8 Allroad Quattro Wagon Air Suspension / What Will Happen To The Odometer Of A Vehicle If The Engine Is Replaced??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Replaced Gx470 Faulty Air Suspension Today by MintPrinting: 7:35am On Sep 29, 2016
Mechanic destroyed my air bags while installing new rear break pads for my gx470. They jacked up the body instead of the axle. The balloons cost 80k and fixing for each is about 20k, that is a lot of money in this era more over it was advised I need to fix the two regardless if it was one that was damaged. Please I think I will convert the air spring to normal spring and would like to have the details of the spring you purchased for your lexus. thanks.
Re: I Replaced Gx470 Faulty Air Suspension Today by bayooz(m): 11:39am On Oct 01, 2016
Any good mechanic could help you out. I purchased 1.5" coil springs for FJ CRUISER /4runner. The coil spring is usually 5-6 steps.
No need to change the adaptive suspensions (shocks) if they are still okay. If not, you can disconnect and change to manual shocks for either prato or 4 runner. This is 2016. Am still enjoying my ride. grin

1 Like

Re: I Replaced Gx470 Faulty Air Suspension Today by bayooz(m): 11:40am On Oct 01, 2016
The image above is a typical 4runner spring in action.
I did my own in ibadan since 2014 with Abideen 080627555222
And no single problem till date
Re: I Replaced Gx470 Faulty Air Suspension Today by MintPrinting: 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
ok. Got it, will check if Abideen is in Lagos. thanks.
Re: I Replaced Gx470 Faulty Air Suspension Today by bayooz(m): 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2016
Nope Abideen is in ibadan Bodija mechanic village. His charges are not much with correct materials for the job

Am a member and regular visitor to this great website. Read the thread below
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/the-wait-is-over-the-gx-has-arrived.936172/
Re: I Replaced Gx470 Faulty Air Suspension Today by bayooz(m): 6:57am On Mar 29, 2017
A brother sent them to me from US.
Please go ahead and get a good set from sterling-springs.
jackback887:

Where have you purchased our 1,5 coil springs? I've recently contacted this service http://www.sterling-springs.co.uk/customer-support/ and I'm seriously considering purchasing 1,5'' coil springs for my car soon. I wanna get good quality springs, cause cheap ones are rubish.
Re: I Replaced Gx470 Faulty Air Suspension Today by austinkenneth: 7:47am On Feb 10, 2019
bayooz:
Like i said earlier. This is GX470. It shares almost the same chassis with Prado GX, 4runner, tundra and sequoia.
Looking through websites abroad, i discovered that many people are no more buying the tubes under GX470 because of its unpredictability.
Hence, there are two choices.
1st Blistein coil springs and shocks (if the shocks are bad)
2nd Coil springs from 4runner.
I chose the 2nd choice since my shocks are OK.
When GX470 is fully balanced and in normal mode the pressure balloons stand at 1.5inch height. So, you lose nothing with the 1.5 inch coil springs. It is 6 step coil spring.
With industrial jack, we lifted one side up and removed the tire. We parked up the side, remove the tire,and disconnected the shock and removed the balloon. Replacing instantly with the coil spring, connected back the shock wire harness and fixed back the tire.
We did same for the other side. Good to go.
The small jack you see was used to free in the coil springs.
i could recollect that both springs cost #8000.
Workmanship #2000.
i supervised everything with the steps downloaded from websites. grin
Jeez! That's quite cheap. 10,000 to change two springs! Good. Pls how much will it cost to do this on ML350?
Re: I Replaced Gx470 Faulty Air Suspension Today by SpaceAngel: 11:09am On Feb 10, 2019
This is a 2014 post.

austinkenneth:

Jeez! That's quite cheap. 10,000 to change two springs! Good. Pls how much will it cost to do this on ML350?

(1) (2) (Reply)

13 Awkward Things That You Observe In A Danfo / DRIVING Tips:what To Do If The Road Is Flooded / 2007 VW Phaeton: Is It A Good Idea To Buy This Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.