Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,605 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... (23714 Views)

Share Your Worst Truth Or Dare Experiences Here!!! / Nairalanders Share Your Ebola Salt Prank Experiences Here / Ndlea Test: Share Ur Experiences Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
wordychap:

2015 could b worst, take care
yea tnx
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by corisande: 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2014
snakie86:

If yours was funny then mine was like a film........

This happened while I was serving in Kano. I boarded a night bus from Ido during one of my trip back to Kano. Everything was going on smoothly until we got to Kaduna around 6am in the morning. We rested a bit at kaduna park after which we continued our journey around 6:30. We never knew some robbers had joined us in the bus. moreover the motor boys as they call them wanted to do shua-shua to make some money from kaduna to kano.....After a while, we realized the bus was not moving fast and 4 guys stood up.....one each at the entrance and back door and two in the middle of the bus....................The one in the middle said
Robber: (quoting some words) Good morning ladies and gentlemen........hope we are enjoying the trip so far

"we all thought maybe he wanted to make an announcement and people didn't concentrate"

Robber: You see, its been a wonderful journey so far and I guess some of us are tired already. in other not to bother you much with my story, I will be passing a bag around now and all I just require from you is your phone, wrist watch, money and your wallet.

"Everybody was like whats this one saying"

Before we raised up our head, the two guys at the entrance of the door brought out their guns.....confirmed AK47. then we all realized we are in for something.

Robber: Please, I will be coming to you one after the other. We are not here to hurt anyone, all we need is your maximum cooperation.

Then they brought out a big Ghana must go, went to the front and back, started collecting offering from people. The most interesting part of it is, anytime they get to your sit. They will say
Robber: Good Morning Sir, can you pls stand on your feet sir, Your phone sir, wrist watch....can I see your pocket pls? bring out your wallet,lemme have all the money there...Pls drop them in the bag sir.......(he will then search all over the persons body to see if the person is hiding anytyn.).....Thank You so much for your patronage sir.

One started from the front while the other started from behind. We were all scared at the initial stage but it got to a stage that since we knew the protocol, u just stand up when it your turn and started dropping everytyn you have for them. It got to my turn too and after dropping the 5k in my wallet, he asked if that's all I have and I told him am a corps member. He returned 1k back to me and he did same to some corps members in the bus.

After they collected all the money and their Ghana must go filled up...they brought out a bundle of N200 note and started distributing it to every one of us.

Robber: We thank you so much for your cooperation and we are so sorry for any delay or inconveniences we might have caused you. Pls accept our sympathy and apology. We believe the N200 should help you get to a nearest ATM once you come down from the bus. If you feel you have any complain or feedback, you can contact us on 080..........

They opened the door and jump down...we never knew their car was following us all this while. the car moved beside our bus and they entered, then zoomed off..................The robbery was like a film as most of us was wondering if we were actually dreaming or in a movie.

Robbery with excellent customer service delivery

shocked shocked shocked
Robbery incident of the year!

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 16, 2014
I have never been robbed but I have been chased seriously by a Honda accord while coming from club at 2am in the morning. This happened in benin GRA, since I am a fully Benin breed I just laugh and pity those robbers, I was driving a range rover sport with my new catch from igbenedion university and The plan was to have fun that evening, after clubbing heading home I observed a car giving me a close marking na so I face king square then to asaba road that night. When it became apparent that they were on my trail then I brought out my registered pump action point it to the sky and start pumping, that was when I realized that robbers are more afraid than their victims. They stopped abruptly and make a uturn then run for their dear life.
After that event my skelewu non gree answer my calls again even till now.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by goldfish27(m): 8:17pm On Dec 16, 2014
As I walk tru the street n roads of naija I shall know n see no robbery and as I lay my head to rest n slip his angel comfort me n my family plus any1 I know

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 16, 2014
Was robbed of my phone in the night class last year, during exams period but I later traced my BBM Pin and I got my phone back the following week.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
Billyonaire:
I remember mine, It was in my University days that a Beautiful Girl robbed me of my virginity.

Thanks.

My son,Stick to d to d topic of discourse.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
[b][/b]
Bridgetown:
I have never been robbed but I have been chased seriously by a Honda accord while coming from club at 2am in the morning. This happened in benin GRA, since I am a fully Benin breed I just laugh and pity those robbers, I was driving a range rover sport with my new catch from igbenedion university and The plan was to have fun that evening, after clubbing heading home I observed a car giving me a close marking na so I face king square then to asaba road that night. When it became apparent that they were on my trail then I brought out my registered pump action point it to the sky and start pumping, that was when I realized that robbers are more afraid than their victims. They stopped abruptly and make a uturn then run for their dear life.
After that event my skelewu non gree answer my calls again even till now.

Lies;lies; lies from d pit of hell# nairaland has d highest number of liars i have ever seen; by d way are u related to billyonaire or is he your mentor

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by agrovick(m): 8:43pm On Dec 16, 2014
missberrypop5:
Good Lord. I've never been robbed, embarassed like the ones you guys are narrating here. They only snatched my bag one night when i was coming back from work. But i pity the guy weh snatch that bag because na serious bad market.
Smh! Na so u stingy reach
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Mekzmoney(m): 8:43pm On Dec 16, 2014
Mine was at 1st bank. We were inside d banking hall wen people started shouting, 4tunately and un4tunately 4 us, me and my friend were in one of d offices to fill a form 4 loan. So 4 of d gun men were inside d banking Hall while 4 were in d bank premises and 4were standing along d road and sum were in d vehicle,then d rest were In d town to get sum in4mations. So 1 of dem was like "we're nt here 4 ur Money buh we're here 4federal money, and if u misbehave,then obituary 4u" I was cold dwn there. I was like "so wat I always see in a movie is happening 2me now". So d asked 4 our fones and I dropped my 2 expensive phns.
To cut d long story short, d asked 4 d key 2d safe n d guy in possesion of d key kept quiet buh d leta finds out n he was killed. D killed 2security men, dpo n 2oda police men wit sum tugs n many people were injured. D lil boy at his wrkin place also cot dia bullet. There rubbed 3banks dat same day and in d sam€ town and there got away. No trace Of dem. Though 1of d female rubbers was killed.

It Was terible........

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 16, 2014
mobuch:

Lies;lies; lies from d pit of hell# nairaland has d highest number of liars i have ever seen; by d way are u related to billyonaire or is he your mentor

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by killercute16(m): 8:44pm On Dec 16, 2014
snakie86:

If yours was funny then mine was like a film........

This happened while I was serving in Kano. I boarded a night bus from Ido during one of my trip back to Kano. Everything was going on smoothly until we got to Kaduna around 6am in the morning. We rested a bit at kaduna park after which we continued our journey around 6:30. We never knew some robbers had joined us in the bus. moreover the motor boys as they call them wanted to do shua-shua to make some money from kaduna to kano.....After a while, we realized the bus was not moving fast and 4 guys stood up.....one each at the entrance and back door and two in the middle of the bus....................The one in the middle said
Robber: (quoting some words) Good morning ladies and gentlemen........hope we are enjoying the trip so far

"we all thought maybe he wanted to make an announcement and people didn't concentrate"

Robber: You see, its been a wonderful journey so far and I guess some of us are tired already. in other not to bother you much with my story, I will be passing a bag around now and all I just require from you is your phone, wrist watch, money and your wallet.

"Everybody was like whats this one saying"

Before we raised up our head, the two guys at the entrance of the door brought out their guns.....confirmed AK47. then we all realized we are in for something.

Robber: Please, I will be coming to you one after the other. We are not here to hurt anyone, all we need is your maximum cooperation.

Then they brought out a big Ghana must go, went to the front and back, started collecting offering from people. The most interesting part of it is, anytime they get to your sit. They will say
Robber: Good Morning Sir, can you pls stand on your feet sir, Your phone sir, wrist watch....can I see your pocket pls? bring out your wallet,lemme have all the money there...Pls drop them in the bag sir.......(he will then search all over the persons body to see if the person is hiding anytyn.).....Thank You so much for your patronage sir.

One started from the front while the other started from behind. We were all scared at the initial stage but it got to a stage that since we knew the protocol, u just stand up when it your turn and started dropping everytyn you have for them. It got to my turn too and after dropping the 5k in my wallet, he asked if that's all I have and I told him am a corps member. He returned 1k back to me and he did same to some corps members in the bus.

After they collected all the money and their Ghana must go filled up...they brought out a bundle of N200 note and started distributing it to every one of us.

Robber: We thank you so much for your cooperation and we are so sorry for any delay or inconveniences we might have caused you. Pls accept our sympathy and apology. We believe the N200 should help you get to a nearest ATM once you come down from the bus. If you feel you have any complain or feedback, you can contact us on 080..........

They opened the door and jump down...we never knew their car was following us all this while. the car moved beside our bus and they entered, then zoomed off..................The robbery was like a film as most of us was wondering if we were actually dreaming or in a movie.

Robbery with excellent customer service delivery
chai!!....Smooth robbery at its peak.....those guys are graduate i can bet that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by snakie86: 8:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
killercute16:

Definitely cos dey speak fluently without stress
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 16, 2014
mobuch:
[b][/b]

Laff want kill me oooo! Even myself they fear the lieeee.
Nairaland is a place to kill boredom guy. Lol

1 Like

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by marieolae(f): 8:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
Emodeee:

thank God they didn't demand to av a taste of ur fresh apple.
abiiii oh!! Glory be to God!!!!!!!
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Calculux95: 8:56pm On Dec 16, 2014
Happened in the hostel during my pds days, me and my hall mates were in the general room chilling, cracking jokes normal every day stuff, we started hearing shouts and naturally went to satisfy our curiosity, on getting to the porters office... We heard the story, some boys in another hall were cooking a pot of concoction jollof rice, they left it to get done and engaged in other activities only to return and discover it had disappeared, they raised holy hell about it, even went around search rooms and cupboards..

Boys are hungry grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Missmossy(f): 9:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
Eeyah embarassed haven't been robbed previously, all thanks to God. Glad lives were not lost.
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by tmanis(m): 9:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
happened to my dad though....

he was coming home from church one night after prayer meeting... along dah Lagos-ibadan express way, after he turned to the road to our area.. he noticed a car behind him driving very close to him.... after a while, the car rear-ended his..

he parked to inspect the damage and see who that kind of careless driver was.. the car that hit him also parked... as he got down bayii, the driver of the other car was already down, and then.... he slapped my dad... chai?

as dad wanted to pull the guy closer and return the slap bayii, another guy jus hit him on the head with the butt of a gun... then they ordered him to lie down in the backsit of the car... one of them took the wheels and started driving, come see praying.. he said when he saw the gun bayii, he didn't know how his brain got automatically configured to say "sir" to the people he is well older than...

(the guys sha kept driving (recklessly) and when they got to Methodist, they stopped the car... told him to get down, collected belt, phone, and the remaining cash on him (not like he could ask them to spare the laptop in the boot anyways)... they sha gave him 200naira to go home and told him "maa lo, ma weyin oo" (keep going and don't look back o)

he found his way home sha, we were shocked when we heard the story.. he then collected money and went to report at the station that same night...

fast-forward a week after, the car that was stolen of Lagos-ibadan express road was found on Benin-ore road...
with part of the engine burnt... don't know wether the car's guardian angel set it on fire to stop the criminals or they set it on fire....

I don't pray to get robbed oo

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by treasuress: 9:22pm On Dec 16, 2014
my girlfriend called me to come out around 8in the evening, we were to go out so i dressed up, mymum profusely told me not to go but strong head and love cover my eye , so my lil bro opend the door and as i was decending the strairs i got to the door,as i opend it someone pushed the door with force, i was struggling and i saw gun on my stomach , i turn to vegetable , dey ordered me upstairs, but we have already locked the main entrance to the house, so they tried breaking the bullet proof door , it did not break, then they ordered me to lie down, as i lay down i thoughy my own was finished i started praying for forgiveness and speaking in tongues, then dey took my fone, told me to climb up and not look back, @as i did they discharged...and i locked the door.......dat was my near experience with them o, cos of girl

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Lagbaja425(m): 9:22pm On Dec 16, 2014
Was back in Uni. Was studying at home on that fateful night. Heard some sounds in my neighbor's building and assumed her place was being robbed by petty thieves as was the norm in my neighborhood. Got up and switched the security lights on and off to indicate that someone was awake and to encourage the perceived low level 'gas cylinder' and 'clothes on the line' thieves to flee. Little did I know that these were AK-47 bearing robbers.

In less than 2 minutes, they shifted their focus to my house. I had unwittingly invited them over with my security light antics. They kicked the front door open and ordered my mother and I to the floor. They established dominance by cocking their weapons and pointing directly at my head to ensure I realized that they meant business. They split us up and ransacked the house stealing my phone, watch etc. They even tried to turn me into Goodluck Jo by taking most of my shoes. lol. They stormed out in less than 10 minutes and we were just there sitting in disbelief thinking it was all over.

In about 5 minutes, they came back into the house and the most aggressive one ordered me to my bedroom. I asked if he wanted more clothes etc and he coldly asked me to shut up. He made me kneel in a corner backing him and I was certain he was going to shoot me for no reason. As old as I was, I started begging and crying. My exact words were "Oga abeg" . I really couldn't understand why this AK 47 bearing intruder wanted to end my life at such a young age. Did he feel threatened? Did he feel I had seen his face? I kept pleading for my life as I could tell even though I wasn't looking back at him that he was busy adjusting his weapon.

Anticipation of death is scary. Anyone who tells you different is lying. No intense calm, no peace, no pictures of my life flashing before me, just cold hard fear at the thought that I was about to die. In that instant, my mother stormed into the room. She had defied the robber who was guarding her and had come to see what was happening to me. I could hear him threatening her in Yoruba "Mummy e take time yin oh!" but she kept going and he kept following her till she got to my bedroom.

My mother came between me and Mr. AK 47 and the one who had been following her said to the guy in the room with me: "Leave am: Na student" That confirmed that Mr. AK was indeed going to shoot me. At that point they left for good...

My mother and I just lay there on my bedroom floor till morning. I was shivering and crying and she kept comforting me. I will forever be grateful to God for saving my life. I would have been killed for no reason that day.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by kccarew(f): 9:23pm On Dec 16, 2014
Sit and barce urself as u read cos mine is long it was like a movie to me

Well mine happened when I was in 100"level 5days after my birthday (1st Nov) 2007... This faithful sunday after a dance rehearsal I decided to go see a member who didn't turn out for rehearsal, I had an andriod phone as my bday gift. On getting to the place just after our campus at ago-iwoye I noticed two guys standing at the fence of the building watching people on how they move in and out.what's my own I am just visiting

(Guys..don't stop Reading cos this is where the funny crime scene began)
there were so many rooms in the building but no light so to cut the long story short, my phone was what I used for light, I mean my new phone. A lady walked in the compound with a bag of goods for sale and another guy walked in with his babe. as I was about to shine the light on the girls's face, the next thing I heard was everybody lay down there(the guys had followed them in bhind and both were holding guns, one a pistle and the other a revolver( I will never forget) cos the revolver was pointed on my head as he collected my phone(omo come see me dey speak in tongues) since that was the source of light in the room. There were 2laptops in the room so the guy with d babe laid on one laptop as the other on was picked up.
They told us to be calm that they could return the laptop after robbing other rooms if we can tell them how many people were there.I told tem 2ladies and so we were left alone in the dark( that's when d guy with d babe went to pick bread knife that he would kill any of them if they should think of rapping any of the girls) we laughed and told him to drop it and not try something stupid.

Then in the next reoom we heard screams after they had asked "who is the owner of this room? And one of the ladies Shouted its I... Am not feeling too well see my phone take it..see drugs am not well.(Meanwhile the other girl that I came to see was with that lady and she quickly hid her phone under the bed and said " I don't have a phone ooo" but there and then the phone began to ring under the bed( the babe said in her mind..God go punish d person wey dey call me by now) and so she received a slap on her face and they were asked( bring gold, then my friend said shouting and shaking, I don't have gold, but she has gold(pointing at the sick babe, the sick babe too confused shouted I don't have gold, she has gold) until they were told to shut up and lay on their belly(in my own room where we were laugh want to kill us..we don laugh tire as both girls where just screeming yes sir yes sir)
And so one other lady my name sake actually, the pst of the house was singing"ko so ba bi re, ko si baba bi re" and the next thing we heard was kneel down there, she went yes sir yes sir.. Laugh wan finish me.. A guy too called ja-rule cos of his voice was walking in and was bouncing he was also asked to kneel and he went yes sir(omo, gun dey command anything). Then a guy whose room was next to the room where all these was going on walked in, he was asked to kneel and bring his phone but he went ( I swer true to god, I no dey live here, I just come visit my friend I no bring my phone) men, in d room I was, I was like wat.. Gbolahan u no de live here chi ooo". And so they came back to our room and asked us to be praying out loud that miracle will happen... Ommo na so them vamoos with everything they stole ooo...see cry, culdnt go hm dat day

Its so real and event full that I skipped so many sence) after that any two fair and dark guys tall with goatee became my suspect, the truma was so real with a gun on my head, but was fine after I simester passed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Feraz(m): 9:32pm On Dec 16, 2014
Well, mine happened around October. I was on my way from BDPA to engineering for night class when I decided to pass 500LT. There were two guys coming from auditorium so I never deemed it fit to take heed. While walking towards 500LT, they both blocked me and started their false accusations of me running a lady one of them was eyeing. I refused saying I wasn't the one.

When I saw the conversation wasn't making sense, I decided to be on my way when one of them drew me back and slapped me (these are guys one-on-one, I will inflict serious injuries). I was about retaliating when they both brought out knives and screwdriver; one held it to my neck, the other to my chest. On seeing the weapons, I changed tactics (knife injury is better compared to screwdriver). I said 'bros, abeg make we relate!' The one drilling me was like 'oh, I don turn bros. If you see me for road, you go call me bros? I say you go call me bros?? angry'. While he was at it, the other was watching it fit people. He then told me to sit on the floor, took my bag, searched it, collected the money and my earpiece together with my phone.

While collecting it, he said 'this idiot no even get money' and put out his hand to slap me again. Checked my ID card, discovered I was in a different faculty from the one they were insinuating and told me to know that people die in school because of girl. As this was going on, someone was passing by and completely became blind to his surroundings. They released me.

As they released me, I went to report to the security stationed in Mathematics dept what happened. When they came outside, I could see those guys at Chemistry passing by. I told the security men that those are the guys that robbed me. They all forgot something in their office compulsorily. That was how they escaped. Used me to parade the whole physical sciences that night till they released me.

That was when I knew University of Benin security is very useless. Till now, that 500LT vicinity is still dark. In fact, the whole Sciences (both physical and life).

1 Like

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Elegbede205(m): 9:32pm On Dec 16, 2014
Kk

1 Like

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Elegbede205(m): 9:33pm On Dec 16, 2014
[b]LOL!
Funny somehow sha

Mine goes thus..

When i was doing diploma in UNILAG,we diploma students had an exam that scared most of them(exam no dae fear me). Me and a friend of mine had to read like a COMITTED LIBARIAN,,we went for night classes,faculty libary e.t.c

so this lovely day after eating bread and beans at mariere,we decide to jack a little at the libary,,,naso we start reading,my friend just decided to check the boring UNILAG BOTANICAL/ZOOLOGICAL garden (like seriously no special animal for their,the crocordile don die nd i hear say the python run comot).

So we embark on journey sha
on our way we met three FRESH and HUNGRY guys (they plenty die for unilag) jxt gisting at the gate of the garden.,my stupid friend passed thier middle naso they hold am (we looked rili young tho nd i dnt blame nature cos i gained admision at 15,..i too sabi book) they were asking him for money and he could only spare #100 sha after thier threats, later on they called me (was posin bside them lik a badoo) and they asked me for money too,buh becos i wunt like to disturb the serious ARCHI and ENGINE boys i just leggo of #150..i marked thier face and i could do after i see them is to LAFF

thanx.[/b]
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by treasuress: 9:33pm On Dec 16, 2014
Lagbaja425:
Was back in Uni. Was studying at home on that fateful night. Heard some sounds in my neighbor's building and assumed her place was being robbed by petty thieves as was the norm in my neighborhood. Got up and switched the security lights on and off to indicate that someone was awake and to encourage the perceived low level 'gas cylinder' and 'clothes on the line' thieves to flee. Little did I know that these were AK-47 bearing robbers.

In less than 2 minutes, they shifted their focus to my house. I had unwittingly invited them over with my security light antics. They kicked the front door open and ordered my mother and I to the floor. They established dominance by cocking their weapons and pointing directly at my head to ensure I realized that they meant business. They split us up and ransacked the house stealing my phone, watch etc. They even tried to turn me into Goodluck Jo by taking most of my shoes. lol. They stormed out in less than 10 minutes and we were just there sitting in disbelief thinking it was all over.

In about 5 minutes, they came back into the house and the most aggressive one ordered me to my bedroom. I asked if he wanted more clothes etc and he coldly asked me to shut up. He made me kneel in a corner backing him and I was certain he was going to shoot me for no reason. As old as I was, I started begging and crying. My exact words were "Oga abeg" . I really couldn't understand why this AK 47 bearing intruder wanted to end my life at such a young age. Did he feel threatened? Did he feel I had seen his face? I kept pleading for my life as I could tell even though I wasn't looking back at him that he was busy adjusting his weapon.

Anticipation of death is scary. Anyone who tells you different is lying. No intense calm, no peace, no pictures of my life flashing before me, just cold hard fear at the thought that I was about to die. In that instant, my mother stormed into the room. She had defied the robber who was guarding her and had come to see what was happening to me. I could hear him threatening her in Yoruba "Mummy e take time yin oh!" but she kept going and he kept following her till she got to my bedroom.

My mother came between me and Mr. AK 47 and the one who had been following her said to the guy in the room with me: "Leave am: Na student" That confirmed that Mr. AK was indeed going to shoot me. At that point they left for good...

My mother and I just lay there on my bedroom floor till morning. I was shivering and crying and she kept comforting me. I will forever be grateful to God for saving my life. I would have been killed for no reason that day.

mothers eh, my mum would do worse

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 16, 2014
there came to our house at Kubwa (Abuja) last december and collected #100k from my uncle and on their way out a ladies handbag dropped.....we later searched the bag and discovered #180k inside.........i dont knw if I should say we were really robbed or God sent them

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by iamord(m): 9:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
Mine was crazy! It just happened like film, 2 year's back around the yuletide season, I got a contract to help with branding an award show to be held at terakulture, me and the team were already behind schedule, we had to get the award flyer graphic and other print materials ready the next day. So I was rushing to finish up. I was in a club working to finish the project then the manager for the project told me I have Tried that we have covered a lot so we can all go home. So we parted ways, around 9pm, the manager came to my crib along with one of the music acts to perform for the event, he came to tell me that some celebrities will be performing so I should add their names and pics.. He gave me the info and I said I will work on it over night. He had to go cos. By then it was around 9.45pm he told me he decided to take busy and leave his car behind since my crib was nearby. So I escorted he and the musician to the bus Stop. As we were walking I was telling them to be careful cos of robbery incidents in the area.. Little did I know I will fall into the same thing. We got to onike roundabout ,waiting for a bus going to yaba.. There were a few people @ the bus stop. As we were waiting a young guy passed us. Well we kept talking. Just for me to notice he was standing behind us.. Before I could say jack robinson. A golf car pulled infront of us and a guy came out with a guy.. The three of us lay down there in shock.. The collected our phones.camera and lapi.. The manager refused to free the lapi and camera cos it contained the things we need for the project.. The robber hit him with the butt of the gun and he fell.. The musican was like ”just give them" as he and the guy behind us collected every. A bike came and the two of them sat on it. The one that hit the manager was now like.. “Make I just put one bullet insider this boy body before we commot” he was referring to the musician..then I started praying !! His guys were begging him not to worry that they have gotten what they want. After convincing him they sped into the dark. We rose up and just like cinema. The lights came back on and people started coming from here and there.. Ahh!! O ma se oo! E ma binu!! Awww sorry.. One particular woman annoyed us by asking “ did they rob you guys” I felt like punching her. As we were still being consoled. 2 police men came from no where and told us that they say what was happening.. We were like “so you saw everything and didn't do anything!!!?? And you had guns” all they said is that we should go to sabo police station and file report.. I felt so agitated. It nearly cost me that job
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 16, 2014
Some might think I'm narrating a James Bond movie but this happened.

I was travelling to benin with my cousin who wanted to write pume in 2009. The first bus we entered got bad, the mechanic we called did a fast job and told us to return the bus to Lagos because it won't take us to benin safely, so we returned to Lagos.
Putting us in another bus, we started our journey. We got to Ekiadolor around 8pm when we saw a trailer blaring his horn.

My driver: why you de shout na?
The trailer driver: ode, thieves park for front de wait una.
Female passenger: yey! We don die o

I just located one of the hidden spots in the bus and kept the 25k my aunt gave us for the journey and other activities.

To be sincere, if formular 1 organisers were there that night, they would've employed our driver in one of their formular 1 car races. My driver swiftly reversed in a way, I, a mechanical engineer cannot calculate the centripetal force and velocity of rotation.
The thieves noticed foul place from their stand and decided to see what was keeping buses from coming to them, so they started driving towards us. They found out that buses were reversing in numbers, oboi see shooting. My bus' windscreen was shattered with bullets. We bent our heads to protect ourselves from the bullets while the driver was driving as if he was going back to Lagos. These thieves didn't stop there, they left our lane and turned to the other lane so that they'll be able to drive fast and catch up with many buses possible. The shooting that night was sporadic, I couldn't count. I only lied down on the ground of my bus and praying for survival. I told God that if I pass through this challenge, I will be a good guy.
My driver couldn't drive anymore, he turned to the right when he got to ekiadolor junction and told us that "OYO". He stopped the bus and left us to our fate. That was when Usain bolt "original" came to existence. We ran like never before. We didn't care if the thieves were behind us, we were running just to find a place to hide our heads.
The painful part was that, I forgot my 25K in the bus. I nearly died in spirit.
I later ran into a mallam's house who just finished selling his suya and preparing for the next day's suya market. The funniest part was that, I never knew my cousin was following me all along (bad brother). As I entered the man's house, he brought out his dagger and the hausa-made grammar started.

Sincerely speaking this is what he asked:

Mallam: who I be?
Me: thief de pursue, abeg make I hide for ur house.

He saw the desperation in my eyes and everything. He dropped his dagger and allowed me in. Before I could say Jack Robinson, we heard another knock on the small rafia gate. The mallam shouted this time "who I be?" The person that replied was my cousin. He said "I be the brother of that person wey enter now." That was when I realised I had a cousin with me.

The robbery attack was later quelled by the mobile policemen who were holding check point prior to the ekiadolor junction.

It was a horrific night.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by iamord(m): 9:43pm On Dec 16, 2014
Elegbede205:
[b]LOL!
Funny somehow sha

Mine goes thus..

When i was doing diploma in UNILAG,we diploma students had an exam that scared most of them(exam no dae fear me). Me and a friend of mine had to read like a COMITTED LIBARIAN,,we went for night classes,faculty libary e.t.c

so this lovely day after eating bread and beans at mariere,we decide to jack a little at the libary,,,naso we start reading,my friend just decided to check the boring UNILAG BOTANICAL/ZOOLOGICAL garden (like seriously no special animal for their,the crocordile don die nd i hear say the python run comot).

So we embark on journey sha
on our way we met three FRESH and HUNGRY guys (they plenty die for unilag) jxt gisting at the gate of the garden.,my stupid friend passed thier middle naso they hold am (we looked rili young tho nd i dnt blame nature cos i gained admision at 15,..i too sabi book) they were asking him for money and he could only spare #100 sha after thier threats, later on they called me (was posin bside them lik a badoo) and they asked me for money too,buh becos i wunt like to disturb the serious ARCHI and ENGINE boys i just leggo of #150..i marked thier face and i could do after i see them is to LAFF

thanx.[/b]
lol.. Yeye!! Well is that crocodile really dead?? I remember back then.. Hunger catch am sote e dey chop the orange and biscuit wey we dey throw for am grin omnivore croc

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by treasuress: 9:43pm On Dec 16, 2014
killercute16:
yes as they respected the corpers the robbery get packaging e nor go too pain you say them rob u
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 16, 2014
Missmossy:
Eeyah embarassed haven't been robbed previously, all thanks to God. Glad lives were not lost.

how come you always on nl, shouldn't you be working wonders with those pretty dimples instead ? grin
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by Elegbede205(m): 9:56pm On Dec 16, 2014
iamord:
lol.. Yeye!! Well is that crocodile really dead?? I remember back then.. Hunger catch am sote e dey chop the orange and biscuit wey we dey throw for am grin omnivore croc
since i was in ss1(when i visit big brother) i neva see mak that crocordile move body,,,,i think that tin is some art work
Re: Share Your Robbery Experiences Here... by treasuress: 9:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
AgapeCharis:
Never had any experience with a robber.

The closest I had wasn't really robbery. It was in my pre-degree days. We were all sleeping in the hostel (campus hostel) when we heard a gun shot that sounded like an earthquake around 1am. It woke everybody up n we immediately switched off d light. Just about when we were trying to peep through the window to see d guys cos they were very close to our block, the next thing we heard was some sporadic gunfire like the ones u hear in action films. We immediately became lifeless beings on d floor. When the shooting ended, we peeped through the window and we noticed guys were running for their lives. They weren't really running neither were they jumping. I don't know what to call it cos the distance each guy covered just by stretching one foot was incredibly stunning! One thing I also noticed was dt their foot wasn't touching d ground. U wouldn't hear any sound but serious activity was going on. My roommate immediately zoomed off. My bro followed and I just had to follow.

Omo d story x damn long. If I'm to type everything, it'll fill this page cheesy

When daylight came, there was blood everywhere as a result of injury. While in d safe heaven we found ourselves, one guy pointed his torchlight n saw heavy blood flowing and he was like see blood o. Who injure? That was when peeps realized they sustained injuries. I mean we already spent hours there n dz guys didn't feel d pain of d injury cheesy

We later heard they were cult guys dt wanted to fall one man o war guy like dt.
And one guy said he was sleeping all through the incident.....smh

Tori dey sha grin
hahaha u good

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Be Like Bro, Some Of The Funniest Bro Pics I've Seen(images) / Of Anger And Shame In Africa / Steps On How To Build Your Self Confidence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.