Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Curcumcision Of Female Children - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Curcumcision Of Female Children (32308 Views)

Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children / Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children. / Are Female Children Generous Than Males? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by coogar: 9:44pm On Dec 06, 2014
cococandy:
Uncircumcised men enjoy sex more? Bollocks.

there's sensitivity in the foreskin! the first research on this dates back to the 18th century.

I don't even believe uncircumsized females enjoy sex more. Some women have clitoraal orgasmss while some have G-sspot orgasmss ,so it is a school of thought that is not totally proven behind reasonable doubt.
My argument against FGM is not based on that unproven hypothesis but based on the reasons why it is done.
Remove that reason and you will see that it a totally unnecessary practice.
Say no to demeaning and disrespectful practices.

that reason you are hanging on is also unproven. hygiene issues could be the reason why the practise exists at all. feminazis turned it into trying to control the libïdo of females.

If circumsizing boys was bad,why do some young men go by themselves to get circumsized in their adulthood?

because boys simply follow traditions - the ones who do it in their adulthood have fathers who did it in their adulthood as well. it's a traditional practise.

Anyway
If you believe MGM is disrespectful to men, get in line with us and start your Campaign now cheesy

i don't believe it's disrespectful, i believe it's barbaric as highlighted by the feminists. about 120 boys die every year from MGM in the almighty USA(where medical facilities are top drawer). heaven knows what the stats would be in mother africa where state of the art facilities are non-existent.
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by naijafresh: 9:49pm On Dec 06, 2014
Nonso23:

por favor what is the difference between religious beliefs and traditions

Not every practice is dictated by religion, male circumcision is dictated by religion amongst jews so as long as they adhere to their faith they will continue to circumcise their males whereas traditions ie celebrating a particular day or season is not necessarily dictated by religion
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by cococandy(f): 9:51pm On Dec 06, 2014
coogar:

there's sensitivity in the foreskin! the first research on this dates back to the 19th century.

that reason you are hanging on is also unproven. hygiene issues could be the reason why the practise exists at all. feminazis turned it into trying to control the libïdo of females.

because boys simply follow traditions - the ones who do it in their adulthood have fathers who did it in their adulthood as well. it's a traditional practise.

i don't believe it's disrespectful, i believe it's barbaric as highlighted by the feminists. about 120 boys die every year from MGM in the almighty USA(where medical facilities are top drawer). heaven knows what the stats would be in mother africa where state of the art facilities are non-existent.
boys do not die from circumcision in Nigeria.
Stop pulling facts outta your desk.

Feminists didn't turn the reasons for FGM into what you hear. That is what it has always been about.

1 Like

Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by coogar: 9:54pm On Dec 06, 2014
naijafresh:

Not every practice is dictated by religion, male circumcision is dictated by religion amongst jews so as long as they adhere to their faith they will continue to circumcise their males whereas traditions ie celebrating a particular day or season is not necessarily dictated by religion

female circumcision is prescribed in islam - so it's also a religious practise.

cococandy:
Feminists didn't turn the reasons for FGM into what you hear. That is what it has always been about.

if close to 120 boys die of circumcision in a developed country, you think many more wont be dying in nigeria? do you even have any credible stats of infant mortality in nigeria?

please don't argue for arguments sake - too much loss of blood can cause death in children. feminists turned it from female circumcision to "genitäl mutilation". i wonder why male circumcision isn't considered mutilation.
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 06, 2014
It is not circumcision but female genital mutilation. And, it is a very bad practice.

1 Like

Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 06, 2014
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by BABE3: 10:12pm On Dec 06, 2014
cococandy:

Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by cococandy(f): 10:17pm On Dec 06, 2014
coogar:

if close to 120 boys die of circumcision in a developed country, you think many more wont be dying in nigeria? do you even have any credible stats of infant mortality in nigeria?

please don't argue for arguments sake - too much loss of blood can cause death in children. feminists turned it from female circumcision to "genitäl mutilation". i wonder why male circumcision isn't considered mutilation.

I am not arguing for argument's sake.
Boys don't die from circumcision in Nigeria. tongue

Maybe Nigerian hospitals do it better than US hospitals. Same way we treat malaria better than them. grin

FGM is termed mutilation because there is no definition of what is done to the girls when it done. At least in boys it is a neat removal of the foreskin.
In girls depending on the 'generosity' of the chief priestess in charge of the 'surgery' , it could be a removal of the clitorisss or part of the clitorisss or the labia-minora or even some of the labia-majora or all of the above.

Basically there is no procedure or even knowledge of what exactly they are set out to do. All they know is that as long as the hole is present for the man to choke his kini in,every other thing is not so important because it might give the woman some sort of avenue to enjoy intimate unions and that they do not want.

3 Likes

Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by cococandy(f): 10:21pm On Dec 06, 2014
BABE3:
feel free to not circumcise your sons.

But I will do mine.
Circumsizing boys has a bigger advantage than leaving them uncircumsized
circumsizing girl has less advantage than leaving them uncircumsized.

I can't believe this is even up for debate.
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by chic2pimp(m): 10:21pm On Dec 06, 2014
coogar:

is she rachael starr or alexis texas?

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Chei coogs what sort of films are you watching? shocked shocked shocked. Don't corrupt innocent souls like yours truly abeg
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by naijafresh: 10:23pm On Dec 06, 2014
[quote author=coogar post=28655406]

Thanks for enlightening me, as I am not a muslim is there any muslim would can confirm this with the specific passage in the Koran?
I'm too lazy to google

Ah! I found some material http://islamqa.info/en/45528
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by coogar: 10:26pm On Dec 06, 2014
cococandy:

I am not arguing for argument's sake.
Boys don't die from circumcision in Nigeria.
Maybe Nigerian hospitals do it better than US hospitals. Same way we treat malaria better than them.

you make me laugh!
you have covered all the hospitals in nigeria & found out that males don't die from circumcision? how can nigeria treat anything better than the USA especially a practise that is prevalent on both sides?

FGM is termed mutilation because there is no definition of what is done to the girls when it done. At least in boys it is a neat removal of the foreskin.

have you seen it done to male babies? neat removal? do you know the number of nerve endings in the foreskin & you think it's not painful to all those little babies?

this is hilarious!

In girls depending on the 'generosity' of the chief priestess in charge of the 'surgery' , it could be a removal of the clitorisss or part of the clitorisss or the labia-minora or even some of the labia-majora or all of the above.

pain is pain - wound is wound!
loss of blood is experienced from both practises. the victims feel so much pain from it & they didn't give consent to their mothers to have their genitäls tampered with.

i still don't see how you can argue for one & argue against the other one.

Basically there is no procedure or even knowledge of what exactly they are set out to do. All they know is that as long as the hole is present for the man to choke his kini in,every other thing is not so important because it might give the woman some sort of avenue to enjoy intimate unions and that they do not want.

who says there's no procedure?
they know what they are doing....there are different kinds of female circumcision depending on the culture or traditional beliefs. they know what they are removing but mistakes do happen sometimes & that's not restricted to a particular gender. both sexes suffer pain & male circumcision violates the right of a boy to decide how to express his sëxuality.
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by naijafresh: 10:27pm On Dec 06, 2014
[quote author=coogar post=28654926]

difficult? was it not you that told us some traditions should be abandoned for our sanity? why is abolishing the rubbing of cow-dung on umbilical cord very easy to accomplish but eradication of male circumcision would be difficult?

Simple, everyone knows cow dung is filthy and is probably not a good idea but not everyone believes circumcision of males or females wrong
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by coogar: 10:31pm On Dec 06, 2014
naijafresh:

Simple, everyone knows cow dung is filthy and is probably not a good idea but not everyone believes circumcision of males or females wrong

then you must have a fetish for watching male babies abused. grin

chic2pimp:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Chei coogs what sort of films are you watching? shocked shocked shocked. Don't corrupt innocent souls like yours truly abeg

if you haven't been watching what i watch, why do the names i mentioned strike a cord? grin
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by cococandy(f): 10:37pm On Dec 06, 2014
Laugh well well o.that's my mission here. To make you laugh sad angry

Anyway I haven't said these boys don't suffer pain.
The pain is not even the reason why I don't support it for girls . Far from it.

The advantage of circumcision for boys outweighs the pain. Even if it a completely painless procedure,I won't support it for girls.

I can't argue for both of them because they are not the same thing.
coogar:

you make me laugh!
you have covered all the hospitals in nigeria & found out that males don't die from circumcision? how can nigeria treat anything better than the USA especially a practise that is prevalent on both sides?

have you seen it done to male babies? neat removal? do you know the number of nerve endings in the foreskin & you think it's not painful to all those little babies?

this is hilarious!

pain is pain - wound is wound!
loss of blood is experienced from both practises. the victims feel so much pain from it & they didn't give consent to their mothers to have their genitäls tampered with.

i still don't see how you can argue for one & argue against the other one.

who says there's no procedure?
they know what they are doing....there are different kinds of female circumcision depending on the culture or traditional beliefs. they know what they are removing but mistakes do happen sometimes & that's not restricted to a particular gender. both sexes suffer pain & male circumcision violates the right to decide how to express his sëxuality.

2 Likes

Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by BABE3: 10:38pm On Dec 06, 2014
cococandy:
feel free to not circumcise your sons.

But I will do mine.
Circumsizing boys has a bigger advantage than leaving them uncircumsized
circumsizing girl has less advantage than leaving them uncircumsized.

I can't believe this is even up for debate.

This isn't about me or what I would or would not do. This is about you and your watery reason for supporting male circumcision and going against female circumcision.

Boys can endure the pain coz they're boys. But girls ? Nah, they're too fragile, not fair. Tearing off the foreskin will keep the boys séxually in check. But for the girls? No need, they're girls.

Gender equality.

Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by coogar: 10:41pm On Dec 06, 2014
cococandy:
Laugh well well o.that's my mission here. To make you laugh sad angry

Anyway I haven't said these boys don't suffer pain.
The pain is not even the reason why I don't support it for girls . Far from it.

The advantage of circumcision for boys outweighs the pain. Even if it a completely painless procedure,I won't support it for girls.

I can't argue for both of them because they are not the same thing.

so after 120 years of your gender equality campaign, you can boldly admit on a public forum that men & women are not the same? grin

brb, lemme dance small.....

1 Like

Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by chic2pimp(m): 10:44pm On Dec 06, 2014
coogar:

if you haven't been watching what i watch, why do the names i mentioned struck a cord? grin

Na lie! Just a quick google search and wham bam thank you ma'am I see am. I don catch u tonight chei grin grin grin
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by naijafresh: 10:48pm On Dec 06, 2014
[quote author=coogar post=28656204]

then you must have a fetish for watching male babies abused. grin

I have just realised you're a troublemaker, how does my comment translate into a fetish for abuse of male babies or female babies for that matter?

not responding to any of your comments anymore lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by coogar: 10:53pm On Dec 06, 2014
naijafresh:

I have just realised you're a troublemaker, how does my comment translate into a fetish for abuse of male babies or female babies for that matter?

not responding to any of your comments anymore lipsrsealed

chic2pimp:

Na lie! Just a quick google search and wham bam thank you ma'am I see am. I don catch u tonight chei grin grin grin

i googled the names too. cheesy
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by cococandy(f): 11:00pm On Dec 06, 2014
coogar:

so after 120 years of your gender equality campaign, you can boldly admit on a public forum that men & women are not the same? grin

brb, lemme dance small.....

have I ever said men and women are the same?

You're confused coogar.
If there is one thing I appreciate about life it is the differences between men and women. I think it is one of the beauties of life.
And I'm pretty sure I've said that more than once on this forum.

I only have a problem with people who think that being different means that one group automatically deserve better treatment and more respect based on their gender or deserve to get away with bad behaviors because of their gender.

But then you're just going to drag me into a gender argument back'n'forth and we will never agree in the end.

So at this point,I sign out.

6 Likes

Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by Obamedo: 11:03pm On Dec 06, 2014
I thought this was a forum for adults, judging by the posts of certain individuals, they are either taking the piss or playing Devils advocate.

FGM is a serious issue please. Move to the comedy section if you can't have a meaningful debate without antagonising people and jumping on their every post with a one liner and snide remark, it's uncalled for and simply childish and you know yourself.

We need a 'don't like' button on this forum

3 Likes

Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by coogar: 11:06pm On Dec 06, 2014
cococandy:
have I ever said men and women are the same?

You're confused coogar.
If there is one thing I appreciate about life it is the differences between men and women. I think it is one of the beauties of life.
And I'm pretty sure I've said more than once in this forum.

I only have a problem with people who think that being different means that one group automatically deserve better treatment and more respect based on their gender or deserve to get away with bad behaviors because of their gender.

But then you're just going to drag me into a gender argument back'n'forth and we will never agree in the end.

So at this point,I sign out.

ada owerri, don't sign out biko.
you have kept this thread lively with your radical inputs. grin don't back out cos the facts are starting to close down on you.

Obamedo:
I thought this was a forum for adults, judging by the posts of certain individuals, they are either taking the piss or playing Devils advocate.
FGM is a serious issue please. Move to the comedy section if you can't have a meaningful debate without antagonising people and jumping on their every post with a one liner and snide remark, it's uncalled for and simply childish and you know yourself.
We need a 'don't like' button on this forum

why don't you find yourself a good broom & a warehouse and sweep till your disc slips?
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by billyG(m): 11:07pm On Dec 06, 2014
d sight of a long clit is horrible,is scary,is an instant turn off.no woman shld be competing with a male in that area.
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by Abraham2013(m): 11:08pm On Dec 06, 2014
alutacontinua:
I have to say, uncircumcised diccks are ugly cool There should be nothing hanging on/covering that dicck-cap cos that's the beauty of the dicck embarassed
And I hope I have been able to convince and not confuse you that my SON is getting circumcised cheesy
I want his wife to shower me with blessings in future wink cheesy

Back to topic, don't let anybody do such thing to your DAUGHTER! angry
Bros u hav said it all. If u see how ugly d tin looks like enh! Not to talk d bacteria dat hangs around d contours of d overlapping skin.
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by cococandy(f): 11:09pm On Dec 06, 2014
BABE3:

This isn't about me or what I would or would not do. This is about you and your watery reason for supporting male circumcision and going against female circumcision.

Boys can endure the pain coz they're boys. But girls ? Nah, they're too fragile, not fair. Tearing off the foreskin will keep the boys séxually in check. But for the girls? No need, they're girls.

Gender equality.
I never said boys can endure the pain because they are boys.
I said the advantage outweighs the pain .
Did you even read the post you're trying to respond to?
Nor do I know how any of that nonsense you typed there is the same thing as I what I said in any of my posts .
I remember specifically saying I don't buy into the school of thought that circumcision reduces sexualL enjoyment (in both girls and boys) because it is not proven.
I only recognize the fact that the people who still have that culture do it out of the PROBABLY ignorant belief that it is true.

Woman take your WATERY understanding elsewhere undecided

4 Likes

Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by coogar: 11:13pm On Dec 06, 2014
cococandy:

I said the advantage outweighs the pain . Did you even read the post you're trying to respond to?
Nor do I know how any of that nonsense you typed there is the same thing as I what I said in any of my posts .
I remember specifically saying I don't buy into the school of thought that circumcision reduces sexualL enjoyment (in both girls and boys) because it is not proven.
I only recognize the fact that the people who still have that culture do it out of the PROBABLY ignorant belief that it is true.

i have a problem with this bit of your submission. who told you the advantages outweigh the pains? what could be more advantageous than a guy enjoying sėx the way he should?

these are the potential hazards associated with male circumcision(excluding mortality) ...so tell us how the pros outweigh the cons.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1921654_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by RoyalRoy(m): 11:13pm On Dec 06, 2014
Interesting Debate. cheesy
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by cococandy(f): 11:14pm On Dec 06, 2014
coogar:

ada owerri, don't sign out biko.
you have kept this thread lively with your radical inputs. grin don't back out cos the facts are starting to close down on you.

which facts? That FGM is the same thing as circumcision? and has same consequences?
Nope. I'm signing out because even though I know you've been pulling my legs all along,
it seems like the thread is no longer about babies but becoming an avenue for feminist bashing and anti-equality champions to lament.

That shii is so stale undecided

3 Likes

Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by coogar: 11:16pm On Dec 06, 2014
cococandy:
which facts? That FGM is the same thing as circumcision? and has same consequences?
Nope. I'm signing out because even though I know you've been pulling my legs all along,
it seems like the thread is no longer about babies but becoming an avenue for feminist bashing and anti-equality champions to lament.

That shii is so stale undecided

this is about babies, na grin cheesy grin
feminist bashing ke? have i bashed feminist even once on this thread? grin
Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by BABE3: 11:18pm On Dec 06, 2014
cococandy:

I said the advantage outweighs the pain .
Did you even read the post you're trying to respond to?

Please tell us the advantages and the disadvantages and lets see how they outweigh each other. grin Tell us how these advantages make circumcised males sèxually healthier than the uncircumcised ones.

Also, tell us why Male circumcision has dropped from 81% in the United States(in the 80s) to a low 40% that it is now (in this day and age of advance medical knowledge).

2 Likes

Re: Curcumcision Of Female Children by cococandy(f): 11:22pm On Dec 06, 2014
coogar:

i have a problem with this bit of your submission. who told you the advantages outweigh the pains? what could be more advantageous than a guy enjoying sėx the way he should?

these are the potential hazards associated with male circumcision(excluding mortality) ...so tell us how the pros outweigh the cons.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1921654_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
like I said before,there is no proof that circumcsion impedes sexuall pleasure.

All these POTENTIAL problems of circumcision in males are slim to almost non existent if compared to the rate of those who have done it successfully.
But like I said before,if that slim chance is enough to make you not want to circumsize your son, feel free to.
If on the other hand you think it is enough to start a movement against circumcision of boys, I will will support you.......from afar cheesy

But don't be getting in our way in our campaign against FGM. Whether you mean it or you're just kidding.
You have to know some people take nairaland too seriously.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Do I Need A Registry Marriage After A Church Marriage? Lawyers In The House / HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning / I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.