Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano (31631 Views)

Dasuki Bought Assets In London And Dubai With Arms Cash - EFCC / "We Found Stockpiles Of Dollars, Not Arms In AK Govt. House” — Official / Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by EVarn(m): 5:37pm On Dec 06, 2014
Zoharariel:

You are a strategic thinker. This, my friend, is absolutely a C.I.A gimmick and if the flight path of that plane is duly investigated, you'll discover that it took off from an European-Nato Country or even from a U.S Naval base called "Diego Garcia"

Putin is too honourable & not so dumb to implicate Russia in a dirty deal like this by using a Russian plane.
hahahaha..dont be naive my dear,putin isnt "honourable",you dont play international politics by being honourable.but i agree with your post,russia has no motive neither does it have anything to gain by fueling islamic terrorism{russia isnt a muslim country},and finally,i doubt that they would be daft enough to use their own aircraft in such a dubious transaction.
Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by ikes9(m): 5:37pm On Dec 06, 2014
I'm guessing this is America @ work...we didn't hear this kind of news before we allied with Russia...a week after we ally with Russia we get this kinda news...
And...from wah I think..the plane has to pass Chadian airspace before getting to Nigeria...even if the plane was going to chad...why did it have to land in Nigeria...Chad no get Airport..
#YeyeDeySmell...
Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by tdayof(m): 5:38pm On Dec 06, 2014
Hmmm holyboss come and smell liessssss
Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by HonourablePomk: 5:39pm On Dec 06, 2014
Why Chad? I don't believe the Russians will support insurgency they believe in a One Nigeria i guess its a Set-Up because they supported Nigeria during the Civil War which America refused to. Why did it land in Nigeria and not Chad? I guess we have to wait for the full News . . .
Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by EVarn(m): 5:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
XRAY21:

You even have time to answer that idiot
i was just surprised at the sheer ignorance and partisanship oozing out of that post.
Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by ademega(m): 5:41pm On Dec 06, 2014
Before it was PDP OR APC .now Chad today , CIA tomorrow and Russians now ..hmmm we are not even a step close knowing the real problem of bokoharam let alone solution . Confusion everywhere

1 Like

Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by oweman: 5:41pm On Dec 06, 2014
marvelousabah:
hmm...i dont belive this.i small lies

That plane will be off to Njamena before tuesday midday and the ministry of external affairs will claim there was a mixup .
Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by tecno4life(m): 5:42pm On Dec 06, 2014
2cato:
as usual they will claim the guns was stolen from where they are kept.

Let dem seize the guns and use it on boko boys cheesycheesy

Kwankwaso wan supply them guns cheesycheesy eloji
Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:43pm On Dec 06, 2014
What are the meetings going on in Chad involving Goodluck Jonathan, Idris Derby and Ali Modu Sheriff about? Why did the plane land in Kano, and not in any airport in Chad?
Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by EVarn(m): 5:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
or it could be that the whole debacle was a set up to transport arms from russia to nigeria,while throwing america off the loop by arranging an "arm seizure".america has been blocking nigeria's arm supply,and they have the capacity to intercept even the weapons we buy from the east 'cos the aircraft transporting them would inevitably pass through airspace owned by american allies,thereby giving them the chance to intercept our weapons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by holyboss: 5:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
tdayof:
Hmmm holyboss come and smell liessssss
u dey mind them undecided
Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 06, 2014
Frankenstein:
So Russia of the old Soviet union is now too clean to be involved in this mess.

The comments here are really funny. The new mantra now is... when in doubt, blame Obama or the US.

I'm just laughing. Nairaland has too many ídiots.

2 Likes

Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 06, 2014
to copy this tune...press 1
Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by namdo(m): 5:52pm On Dec 06, 2014
l expect Chad authorities to speak soon. They earlier denied sponsoring BH. Well another line to watch. It could all be 'arrangee' by BH sponsors to put arms directly into Naija knowing that Chad would deny them entry since eyes are on them from previous suspicion....my 1kobo
Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by darqly(m): 5:53pm On Dec 06, 2014
Zoharariel:

You are a strategic thinker. This, my friend, is absolutely a C.I.A gimmick

Putin is too honourable & not so dumb to implicate Russia in a dirty deal like this by using a Russian plane.
Conspiracy theorists were bound to turn up here.. grin
CIA gimmick you claim? Where's your proof?
Putin too honourable you claim? The same Putin that's scrambling for portions of Ukraine? Please define honour biko....
You seriously believe that because the plane or crew is Russian, Putin would be aware of its mission or cargo? Dude the man has bigger delusions of grandeur than to be bothered about Chad and Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by bobbylegend(m): 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2014
I perceive conspiracy in this whole thing. Though, the report is not yet clear but nevertheless, my theory tells me that, the CIA can't be far from this occurrence. As a scholar of international relations I strongly believe that Putin can't be that reckless based on the new found romance with nigeria. For the fact that russia is moving for more diplomatic ties and nigeria being a regional power will be a good ally and the russian govt will not do such a thing especially at this primary stage. Just my own view though.

2 Likes

Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by tdayof(m): 5:56pm On Dec 06, 2014
holyboss:
u dey mind them undecided
waiting for news update sha
Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by oluwafemi113(m): 6:01pm On Dec 06, 2014
tinkinjow:

I hope u keep an open mind.
Some anti Russian intels agencies can hatch this especially with what you called "the new Russian love". Don't u think so? Would d Russians b so stupid to land such a shipment in Nigeria?

If I was to investigate this, trust me the Russians will b a little far down my list.
I second you brother
Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by Ymodulus: 6:02pm On Dec 06, 2014
bobbylegend:
I perceive conspiracy in this whole thing. Though, the report is not yet clear but nevertheless, my theory tells me that, the CIA can't be far from this occurrence. As a scholar of international relations I strongly believe that Putin can't be that reckless based on the new found romance with nigeria. For the fact that russia is moving for more diplomatic ties and nigeria being a regional power will be a good ally and the russian govt will not do such a thing especially at this primary stage. Just my own view though.

Russia is traditionally Nigeria's main weapons supplier,Nigeria also procures from some other countries of the former east bloc like Ukraine,Former Yugoslavia etc. Only the UK supplies Nigeria from the west and a little bit from Germany.
Recently Cheap Chinese aircraft appeared on the scene but they are clearly second-rate and Nigeria may not buy from China again except ammunition.
The USA sold Nigeria transport planes in the past ie Herculus C-130 and donated a refurbished troop carrying ship (non-lethal) well over 40 years old and retired from service in the USA,I think they gave us another very old ship of non-lethal nature earlier.
Well above 70% of our weapons have origins in Russia or the former east bloc and if you think critically,you will understand that there are more questions than answers....

My take is that this was just a disguised supply of arms from our traditional weapons supplier .There is a real or perceived threat that weapons supplies to Nigeria is being blocked hence the need to disguise supplies !THINK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by tit(f): 6:03pm On Dec 06, 2014
So Chad cannot buy arms for their security forces?

The one I do not understand is why a plane going to Chad will stop at MAKIA instead of Ndajamena?
Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by bobbylegend(m): 6:03pm On Dec 06, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
Ymodulus:
This is it.

I am happy, because this news shows that the APC Government is truly committed to ending the Boko Haram or Insurgent Crisis from sweeping the nation. O i asked my self if this plane had landed in a state ruled by the opposition party what would have happened?

This is another Hard Coric proof to show that, the APCs are not behind the Insurgent Attacks in the nation. This is also another evidence that Late. Gen. Azazi was right.

Ymodulus
[quote][/quote]

Don't you think this APC/PDP thing is hindering free thought(rational)?
Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by holyboss: 6:03pm On Dec 06, 2014
tdayof:
waiting for news update sha
New update arbi LIE update
Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by Vikkie14: 6:08pm On Dec 06, 2014
If the news is to be recon with, then this is a "propaganda". The Russian aint this dumb and daft to ship such to Nigeria when they know they have a "robust" bi-lateral relationship with Nigeria. This "move" shows the style used mostly by America. They are the father of propaganda. Russian wont have used their plane or crew on such a mission, they would just have a "camou" for such covert mission.

I smell CIA or FBI at work.

1 Like

Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by Ymodulus: 6:10pm On Dec 06, 2014
Vikkie14:
If the news is to be recon with, then this is a "propaganda". The Russian aint this dumb and daft to ship such to Nigeria when they know they have a "robust" bi-lateral relationship with Nigeria. This "move" shows the style used mostly by America. They are the father of propaganda. Russian wont have used their plane or crew on such a mission, they would just have a "camou" for such covert mission.

I smell CIA or FBI at work.

You are right. Russia is the main country supplying Nigeria with weapons. The USA and its western allies refuse to sell weapons to help Nigeria defend itself. Russia is currenty training about 1200 Nigerian troops, Russia is our biggest ally. So stop this your wardrums against Russia ! If we go against Russia then we lose our arms supply !
What we should rather be asking is for confirmation (the story might be false), and if the story is true then what exactly makes the plane Russian ? Is it the design of the plane ? or the crew on board ? or the name of the airline ? Or is "Russian" meant here to say "eastern europe" ? Our journalists are not really known for their accuracy, so take it easy. Besides you should remember that many criminals of all nationality sell weapons in the black market without the agreement or knowledge of the countries they come from.
Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by Rikidony(m): 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2014
EVarn:
funny dude:
*why would russia want to annex nigeria?,even if they tried,that wouldnt possible.
*GEJ isnt the nigerian military that intercepted the dubious transaction.i doubt if the report has even gotten to GEJ's desk yet.
Bro all thanks to GEJ
Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by aguizm(m): 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2014
Ymodulus:

Russia is traditionally Nigeria's main weapons supplier,Nigeria also procures from some other countries of the former east bloc like Ukraine,Former Yugoslavia etc. Only the UK supplies Nigeria from the west and a little bit from Germany.
Recently Cheap Chinese aircraft appeared on the scene but they are clearly second-rate and Nigeria may not buy from China again except ammunition.
The USA sold Nigeria transport planes in the past ie Herculus C-130 and donated a refurbished troop carrying ship (non-lethal) well over 40 years old and retired from service in the USA,I think they gave us another very old ship of non-lethal nature earlier.
Well above 70% of our weapons have origins in Russia or the former east bloc and if you think critically,you will understand that there are more questions than answers....

My take is that this was just a disguised supply of arms from our traditional weapons supplier .There is a real or perceived threat that weapons supplies to Nigeria is being blocked hence the need to disguise supplies !THINK
So u knew all these and still went ahead to post that rubbish earlier making me think your brain was situated under your feet. U c ur life? C the kind of insult u got because of APC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by swezenberg(m): 6:12pm On Dec 06, 2014
I have said this before. Russia is not a good ally. They will sell weapons to both Boko haram and Nigeria. It is the higher bidder that gets a more sophisticated weapon. Russia sees arms deal as big business and they care less about how many souls remain in Nigeria. They have been the main supply chain to the Arab world and helping the Arab unrest

1 Like

Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by makazona(m): 6:12pm On Dec 06, 2014
gun trading is the most lucrative biz worldwide...thats why arms producing countries create wars/crises.so its good for their biz...if u want to understand why this plane landed in nigeria,dont take sides with tribes,parties etc....just watch n listen.

some will not still understnd me
Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by conscript1967: 6:17pm On Dec 06, 2014
Ymodulus:
This is it.

I am happy, because this news shows that the APC Government is truly committed to ending the Boko Haram or Insurgent Crisis from sweeping the nation. O i asked my self if this plane had landed in a state ruled by the opposition party what would have happened?

The tip off must have been from Buhari

Na so APC pple desperate? Haba! boko Bomb blow for APC state una go blame GEJ. Army capture arms plane for APC state una go praise buhari. Chamelions. Anyway this must be a CIA covert operation. The russians aint this stupid.

2 Likes

Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by Kutunban: 6:22pm On Dec 06, 2014
I think it's a conspiracy to blackmail the Russian government using unscrupulous Russians by those who are not happy with the new relationship of Nigeria and Russia. Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Killers Of Samaila Inusa Arrested In Anambra And Ebonyi / Oludamilola Osinbajo And Oluwaseun Bakare Pose With Their Parents & Buhari, Wife / Acting CJN Swears In 250 Members Of General Election Tribunals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.