Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,671 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Should We Stop Giving Tithe? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should We Stop Giving Tithe? (20158 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / How Do We Stop Islam ? / Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by kenny888: 5:52pm On Apr 16, 2009
I dont have enough from my salary talkless of given 10% to one pastor that is just sitting in his house. Even these pastors have alot of money than you,so i have never given and g will never give.
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by realpastor: 10:04pm On Apr 16, 2009
Easy my brother.
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by marvisken: 9:51am On Apr 21, 2009
Yes he just said the bitter truth.
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by realpastor: 7:52am On Apr 22, 2009
I know,but he needs to be easy on it. Its well
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by segyemaro(m): 9:14pm On Apr 23, 2009
Realpastor pls allow people to say their mind bicos we ve been fooled for alomg time.
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by marvisjoy: 9:55pm On Apr 25, 2009
Exactly
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by realpastor: 7:35am On Apr 26, 2009
I dont support tithe giving bicos its not biblical.
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by segyemaro(m): 6:19pm On Apr 28, 2009
realpastor:

I dont support tithe giving bicos its not biblical.
Thats from the horses mouth
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by topeokunol: 8:24pm On May 02, 2009
kenny888:

I dont have enough from my salary talkless of given 10% to one pastor that is just sitting in his house. Even these pastors have alot of money than you,so i have never given and g will never give.
my brother this is the truth.
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by realpastor: 7:48pm On May 18, 2009
i personally dont believe in tithe giving because its not biblical
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by topeokunol: 9:21pm On May 20, 2009
if you stop,how would the pastors be feeding?
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by pilgrim1(f): 9:42pm On May 20, 2009
topeokunol:

if you stop,how would the pastors be feeding?
Pastors do not have to make it a rule to feed from tithes.
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by pilgrim1(f): 9:43pm On May 20, 2009
realpastor:

i personally dont believe in tithe giving because its not biblical
How do you mean "not biblical"? Is tithing NOT in your own Bible? Perhaps you need to calm down and understand what you're saying before clicking on the 'reply' botton.
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by Image123(m): 1:20pm On May 21, 2009
I have a gut feeling that the same person has being replying himself all through this page, apart of course from my sister pilgrim.1
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by segyemaro(m): 2:51pm On May 21, 2009
pls lets be sincere in this forum
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by marvisjoy: 4:49pm On Jun 01, 2009
over to you pilgrim,should we stop paying tithe?
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by pilgrim1(f): 5:04pm On Jun 01, 2009
marvis joy:

over to you pilgrim,should we stop paying tithe?

From page 1 -

here

here

here.

here, and several other replies already.

God bless you. wink
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by omoruyilag: 5:58pm On Jun 02, 2009
hmmmmmmmmm i hear you.
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by segyemaro(m): 7:56pm On Jun 02, 2009
Ha ha ha ha
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by jumie(f): 11:17am On Jun 03, 2009
GOD: MY PEOPLE PERISH FOR LACK OF WISDOM!
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by segyemaro(m): 10:40pm On Jun 03, 2009
Hmmn
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by arowolo888: 6:15pm On Jun 04, 2009
yes because its not biblical
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by kenny888: 5:45pm On Jun 05, 2009
should we stop giving tithe?over to you pilgrim
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by pilgrim1(f): 6:02pm On Jun 05, 2009
kenny888:

should we stop giving tithe?over to you pilgrim

See above.
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by realpastor: 6:06pm On Jun 05, 2009
in as much i dont collect tithes in my church,i will appreciate you let pilgrim be,God is there to judge us all.
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by pilgrim1(f): 6:08pm On Jun 05, 2009
realpastor:

in as much i dont collect tithes in my church,i will appreciate you let pilgrim be,God is there to judge us all.

Thank you, bros. Dem no fit face their wahala until they take it on a personal level against 'pilgrim.1'. grin
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by topeokunol: 6:25pm On Jun 05, 2009
its wrong to give tithe oooooooooooooooo
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by pilgrim1(f): 7:04pm On Jun 05, 2009
topeokunol:

its wrong to give tithe oooooooooooooooo

We don hear now. . . abi? grin grin  Is there not a testimony already in this thread?

[list]
segyemaro:

A friend of mine always give his tithe to the needy,what he does is,he will accumulate his tithe for like 3- 4 months and give it to the needy and fatherless. There was an instance were [size=14pt]the holy spirit directed him to take the tithe to abuja[/size],when he got to abuja,[size=14pt]the holy spirit directed him[/size] to Karmo in abuja,when he got there he saw a woman frying Akara(Bean Cake) and [size=14pt]he was directed[/size] to give the money to the woman,he parked his car and went to the woman,and introduce himself,and brought out the envelope and gave her,though she was scared,but collected it.When she looked in side it was eighty seven thousand naira(87,000),the woman nearly fell into the oil she was frying with.
[/list]

Now we understand why she nearly fell into the oil she was frying with - because "its wrong" that the man should have been "directed" to give his tithes to her!  grin
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by segyemaro(m): 9:03pm On Jun 05, 2009
Pilgrim,how many pastors that you know who extend hand to the needy? Wat that mx friend gives out is 25% of his salary,i dont call that tithe,but that willingly given,dont forget dis my friend is a pastor too.
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by pilgrim1(f): 10:18pm On Jun 05, 2009
segyemaro:

Pilgrim,how many pastors that you know who extend hand to the needy? Wat that mx friend gives out is 25% of his salary,i dont call that tithe,but that willingly given,dont forget dis my friend is a pastor too.

1. There are many pastors I know in and outside Nigeria that do precisely the very thing you asked. The problem is that too many times you guys never take the time to do a little more research. It is not only pastors that preach tithe that reach out to the needy, but others who do not emphasise tithes also do the same.

2. It's not my problem how many percent your friend gives - as you can see, I did not edit anything from your quote; and it was precisely as you gave the 'testimony' that I reposted it.

3. Even though you may not call it tithe, you specifically mentioned that he was --

"directed" - by who?
Answer: "the Holy Spirit"

To do what?
Answer: "take the tithe to abuja"

No be me talk am, and I didn't mean to quote you in bad light (nevermind I was being facetious in my reply to topeokunol). It's obvious nothing new is coming forth and people are just fond of repeating the same lines as if they say anything at all. If people just hala about it being wrong, one wonders why the Holy Spirit never said so in the case of your friend, but rather "directed" him to take the "tithe" to Abuja.
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by segyemaro(m): 6:24am On Jun 06, 2009
You are on this forum to cause confusion,i only answered u cos you refered to my post
Re: Should We Stop Giving Tithe? by pilgrim1(f): 7:08am On Jun 06, 2009
segyemaro:

You are on this forum to cause confusion,i only answered u cos you refered to my post

What's the confusion in quoting you without editing anything?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. / 3 Powerful Things Your Tongue Will Do To Your Life / Rev. Chris Okotie’s Love Child Expose? Woman Claims 3 Abortions For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.