Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,541 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) - Politics (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) (106641 Views)

Chris Ngige's Visit To Abia State (Photos) / Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) / The President Is Coming To Abia State And The Whole Town Is Closed Down!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by betterABIAstate: 7:26pm On Aug 07, 2015
More on some of the roads

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by SonOfEl(m): 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2015
ikpeazu pls don't disappoint abians....if you do, your own don finish o....
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by petikal(m): 12:09am On Aug 08, 2015
When will we stop creating open drainages? Those things are hideous and pose traffic/health hazards. It's not even technically hard to build enclosed ones. Developed cities actually have a dedicated Drainage department that oversee this thing.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:05am On Aug 08, 2015
Arise and Shine,Abia!
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by IGBOSON1: 1:12am On Aug 08, 2015
This Abia state so annoys me walahi!

And to think some people are actually impressed with all this cheap, sub-standard, wheel-barrow road works going on! Common to spend a little more money and do a first-rate job with underground drainage and sidewalks they can't! It's clear this present guy has the same 'local' mindset as the immediate past Governor of the state!sad

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by abagoro(m): 11:50pm On Aug 08, 2015
Ogbor Hill, Obingwa, Aba

5 Likes

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by mensdept: 12:07am On Aug 09, 2015
This place looks so local. 16 years of oil money plus two Orjis as governor, yet nothing world class in this state

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by B2mario(m): 12:24pm On Aug 09, 2015
abagoro:
Ogbor Hill, Obingwa, Aba
Thanks alot for showcasing the beauty of great Aba city.
Once more, thank you very much.
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by B2mario(m): 12:47pm On Aug 09, 2015
mensdept:
This place looks so local. 16 years of oil money plus two Orjis as governor, yet nothing world class in this state

Oga, there are many world class things in this state more especially the multi-national industries.

Come to Aba with unbiased mind i promise you won't leave again, the city is well-planned with sweet buildings, and there's life in the city.

Besides, Abia does not receive huge allocation like other Niger-delta states, Ondo, Edo, and Imo receive more than it, while Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Delta, and Bayelsa are the almighty in Niger-delta region in terms of monthly allocations.
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by asha80(m): 12:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
B2mario:

Oga, there are many world class things in this state more especially the multi-national industries.

Come to Aba with unbiased mind i promise you won't leave again, the city is well-planned with sweet buildings, and there's life in the city.

Besides, Abia does not receive huge allocation like other Niger-delta states, Ondo, Edo, and Imo receive more than it, while Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Delta, and Bayelsa are the almighty in Niger-delta region in terms of monthly allocations.
no need defending ouk and ta orki's inept regimes

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Ojiofor: 1:04pm On Aug 09, 2015
IGBOSON1:

And to think some people are actually impressed with all this cheap, sub-standard, wheel-barrow road works going on! Common to spend a little more money and do a first-rate job with underground drainage and sidewalks they can't! It's clear this present guy has the same 'local' mindset as the immediate past Governor of the state!sad
What do you expect?the wheel-Barrow and shovel company handling all the sub standard road construction is owned by Chinedu Orji aka Ikuku.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by B2mario(m): 1:19pm On Aug 09, 2015
asha80:
no need defending ouk and ta orki's inept regimes

I'm not defending anybody, do i know them or do they put food on my table? I'm just saying things the way they are.

I can't remember mentioning any of their names in my last comment, so how do i defend them?

Orji Uzor did very well during his time, our problem was TA. Orji but he tried for his Umuahia home.
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by asha80(m): 1:24pm On Aug 09, 2015
B2mario:

I'm not defending anybody, do i know them or do they put food on my table? I'm just saying things the way they are.

I can't remember mentioning any of their names in my last comment, so how do i defend them?

Orji Uzor did very well during his time, our problem was TA. Orji but he tried for his Umuahia home.
ta orji did not try any poo for his umuahia him because i pass umuahia quite regularly moreover if he tried for for his home town whether ogba or umuahia it would have showed in senatorial results in these axis..as for ouk igbere is not bende ket alone abia north and cosmetic work on aba is not enough

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by B2mario(m): 2:30pm On Aug 09, 2015
asha80:
ta orji did not try any poo for his umuahia him because i pass umuahia quite regularly moreover if he tried for for his home town whether ogba or umuahia it would have showed in senatorial results in these axis..as for ouk igbere is not bende ket alone abia north and cosmetic work on aba is not enough

Thank God you said he did nothing in Umuahia, so help me and tell his fans in Abia. That man frustrated Aba, thank God for Dr. Ikpeazu.

For now OUK remains the best gov Abia has ever produced, TAO tried to prove to us that he's a devil that put Abia in mess but fail to prove it by his work.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by theDEVILisHERE: 2:36pm On Aug 09, 2015
Abia is blessed
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by B2mario(m): 2:38pm On Aug 09, 2015
theDEVILisHERE:
Abia is blessed
Correct!
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by theDEVILisHERE: 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2015
Abia's potential it's in it's human resource. The right people just need to be intrested in governance cause it's mostly the wrong people intrested in getting into government
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by akanuson: 12:56am On Aug 16, 2015
Ok
we Are coming
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by B2mario(m): 6:34am On Aug 16, 2015
Where is customised13 sef?
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Ponponkon: 10:31pm On Aug 21, 2015
Dr Ikpeazu inspecting reconstruction of drainage at Aba-owerri road Aba

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Ponponkon: 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hh

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Ponponkon: 10:40pm On Aug 21, 2015
IGBOSON1:

Greedy fool,it would have made sense if your fraudlent uncle had won. Bloody sadist.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by B2mario(m): 1:37pm On Aug 22, 2015
Ponponkon:
Hh
Nice work broda
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by emmysoftyou: 8:40pm On Aug 22, 2015
Ponponkon:
Greedy fool,it would have made sense if your fraudlent uncle had won. Bloody sadist.
dont mind him bro..
Just concentrate...we need more pix frm aba and umuahia..
hope yu can get us more development pix frm abia state..

Cos it has being long i enter those towns in abia state but i still rememba the place vividly till date...
but i will rather stay aba than umuahia..
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Ponponkon: 7:16am On Aug 23, 2015
PROMISES MADE, PROMISES FULFILLED.
The First 2 Pictures Below Shows How This Road In Low Cost Housing Estate, Umuahia Was About Few Weeks Ago When We Visited. The Last 2 Pictures Is This Same Road Today.
Governor Okezie Ikpeazu Is Indeed Proving All Naysayers & Doubters Totally Wrong. When Work Was Starting On These Roads Many Shouted, "A Na Aru Uzo N'Udu Mmiri? " "Are Roads Built During The Rainy Season?" Today, Look At What A Man's Vision Can Deliver. Today, These Abians And Non-Abians Living In This Area Have A Cause To Smile And Laugh Simply Because Of One Man's Determination To Break All Weather Barriers And Ensure That His People Are Happy.
Today, This Road Has Become A Major Road Linking The Main Agbama Road By Kolping Society To The Low Cost Housing Estate And The Olokoro/School For The Blind Afara Road. Residents Of This Area And Shop Owners Along This Road Have Expressed Their Showers Of Gratitude To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu For Constructing This Road.
The Succesful Construction Of This Road Is A Big Life Lesson To All. Never Procrastinate. Learn To Do It NOW. Keep Your Promises. Think Of The People First Before Self. Your Determination Can Break All Barriers. What Your Mind Can Conceive And Believe You Can Achieve.
Abia State Is On The Road To Greatness. Keep Doing It Our Dear Governor Dr. Okezie Victor Ikpeazu.
Bravo!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by B2mario(m): 7:29am On Aug 23, 2015
Ponponkon:
PROMISES MADE, PROMISES FULFILLED.
The First 2 Pictures Below Shows How This Road In Low Cost Housing Estate, Umuahia Was About Few Weeks Ago When We Visited. The Last 2 Pictures Is This Same Road Today.
Governor Okezie Ikpeazu Is Indeed Proving All Naysayers & Doubters Totally Wrong. When Work Was Starting On These Roads Many Shouted, "A Na Aru Uzo N'Udu Mmiri? " "Are Roads Built During The Rainy Season?" Today, Look At What A Man's Vision Can Deliver. Today, These Abians And Non-Abians Living In This Area Have A Cause To Smile And Laugh Simply Because Of One Man's Determination To Break All Weather Barriers And Ensure That His People Are Happy.
Today, This Road Has Become A Major Road Linking The Main Agbama Road By Kolping Society To The Low Cost Housing Estate And The Olokoro/School For The Blind Afara Road. Residents Of This Area And Shop Owners Along This Road Have Expressed Their Showers Of Gratitude To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu For Constructing This Road.
The Succesful Construction Of This Road Is A Big Life Lesson To All. Never Procrastinate. Learn To Do It NOW. Keep Your Promises. Think Of The People First Before Self. Your Determination Can Break All Barriers. What Your Mind Can Conceive And Believe You Can Achieve.
Abia State Is On The Road To Greatness. Keep Doing It Our Dear Governor Dr. Okezie Victor Ikpeazu.
Bravo!!!!

welldone bro

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by RareDiamond: 7:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
BPE compels Enugu Disco to handover Aba ring fence to APL

he Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) has compelled Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) to handover the contentious Aba ring-fenced territory in Abia state to Aba Power Limited (APL), BusinessDay can authoritatively disclose.
The formal handover will take place tomorrow September 10, at 11 am at the NERC office. The event will be witnessed by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission, dignitaries from Ministry of Power and office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF).
BusinessDay investigations also revealed that Interstate Electrics and EEDC are kicking against the impending hand-over of Aba ring fence to Aba Power Limited and are making last minute efforts to scuttle it through court injunction.
Aba Power and Geometric Power Limited have been engaged in a desperate tussle to excise the ring-fenced islands at Aba and Ariaria from the Enugu Distribution Company, arguing that existing agreements between the Federal Government and Aba Power Limited and Geometrics, give it the ownership of the very lucrative part of the South East electricity distribution market.
Enugu Electricity Distribution Company on the other hand, has continuously affirmed its rightful ownership of the Aba distribution area, insisting that the Aba area – Owerri-nta, Osisi Oma, Ogbor Hill, Factory Road, and Port Harcourt Road in Aba, Abia State – with its assets, is an integral part of the Enugu Disco coverage and cannot be excised.
The latest fire which the BPE appears to have stoked, may have drawn the EEDC and Geometric and Aba Power back to the trenches.
The $500 million Aba power plant has capacity to produce and distribute about 141 megawatts (MW) of electricity in its first phase, with new distribution lines, four new sub-stations and three rehabilitated sub-stations. Each plant is to produce 47 MW of power, supported by a 60 MVA transformer.
But EEDC has faulted this, saying Geometric Power’s inability to comply with Article 4.(1)(1)(a) 9 years (108 months) from the effective date of the lease agreement, constitutes a fundamental breach of the lease agreement.
Robert Dickerman, managing director of the company, stressed that Geometric ’s assignment of its interests in the lease to Afrigem Integrated Utilities Ltd without his company’s knowledge nor consent, is a breach of the Lease Agreement.
“We refer to Article 4(1)(1)(a) of the Lease Agreement which provides as follows: APL undertakes to distribute electric power to the ring-fenced Islands in accordance with the terms and conditions of this agreement to commence no later than 12 calendar months from the effective date. “We further refer to Article 8(b) of the Lease Agreement which provides as follows:
Penalty: In the event that APL fails to supply power to its customers for the period of 12 months continuously, NEPA may terminate this Agreement. We furthermore refer to Clause 1.3 of the Supplemental Agreement which provides inter-alia:
“The effective date of the Lease Agreement is hereby amended to the date of this Supplemental Agreement” The date of the Supplemental Agreement is 31st day of August, 2006.
“Your inability to comply with Article 4.(1)(1)(a) 9 years (108 months) from the effective date of the Lease Agreement i.e. 31stday of August 2006 is a fundamental breach of the Lease Agreement.
We refer also to Article 18.7 of the Lease Agreement and note that your purported assignment of your interests in the Lease to a certain Afrigem Integrated Utilities Ltd without our knowledge nor consent is a breach of the Lease Agreement.
“More grievously, your admitted challenge of the rights, interests and title of EEDC to the assets of the Lease Agreement in Suit No FHC/ABJ/CS/106/2013 Aba Power Limited & Anor v Bureau of Public Enterprises & Anor tantamount to repudiation of the lease by your good selves.”
Confirming the emergence of Afrigem as its new investors, Aba Power Limited, in a said letter signed by Agatha Nnaji, a director, said: “ We acknowledge with thanks, receipt of the various letters from the Bureau of Public Enterprises(“BPE”) to the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (“NERC”), Enugu Electricity DistributionCompany Pie (“EEOC”), and our new investors, Afrigem Integrated Utilities Limited, all dated 12August 2015, wherein you unequivocally stated BPE’s firm stand and decision to uphold the contentsof the Lease Agreement and the Supplemental Lease Agreement”.
Enugu Electricity Distribution Company has taken its case to the Vice President, who oversees privatization, as the Chairman of the National Council on Privatization. It asked among others, the withdrawal of BPE’s letter of August 24, 2015 for the handover of the Abia – Ariaria section of EEDC network to a certain Afrigem Integrated Utilities Limited, in observance of the hallowed principles of Rule of Law accord due regard and respect to the ongoing determination of the matter by the Court of Appeal by restraining BPE and indeed any government agency from interfering with subject matter until final determination by the courts and the investigation of the Petition of EEDC to NERC with respect to APL Distribution License in accordance with the ESPR Act.
“ With due respect, we consider the BPE letter ill-advised for the following reasons:
The subject-matter thereof is still pending at the Court of Appeal in a suit in which BPE is a principal party. BPE’s letter seeks to over reach the Court of Appeal.
It is not to be believed that the Federal Government will lend its support to fragrant abuse of the rule of law or clear act of contempt of Court of Appeal.
Afrigem Integrated Utilities Limited is not a party to the transaction or the “Leases”. EEDC has never received any request for its necessary consent to any assignment of the rights in the lease (if any) to any third party including the said Afrigem Integrated Utilities Limited. Consent of the “Lessor is mandatory to any assignment or other alienation process under the Lease. EEDC has not given its consent to any assignment or other arrangement with any third party.
EEDC’s petition to NERC for the withdrawal of APL’s Distribution License which was copied to BPE is yet to be determined in accordance with ESPR ACT. BPE’s letter, seeks to over reach the outcome of that petition.

John Omachonu & Frank Uzuegbunam

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/09/bpe-compels-enugu-disco-to-handover-aba-ring-fence-to-apl/

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by VickJames(m): 3:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
Let people say something about Abia state here.
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by SonOfEl(m): 9:40am On Oct 30, 2015
VickJames:
Let people say something about Abia state here.

What have you been reading since? Is it not all about abia?
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by VickJames(m): 10:02am On Oct 30, 2015
SonOfEl:

What have you been reading since? Is it not all about abia?
LOL

i had to check someone's profile to get the news
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Scholes007(m): 9:37pm On Oct 30, 2015
B2mario:

He should come to aba with biased mind and watch the biases clear

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by B2mario(m): 10:34pm On Nov 11, 2015
How far? Somebody should update us with Aba protest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

FG Lifts Ban On Interstate Travels / Ibrahim Abubaka Lajada For Nigeria's President In 2019 (Photos) / Full Names Of Buhari's Ministerial List: Gbemi Saraki, Akpabio, Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.