Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Is Fashola The Best Governor In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Fashola The Best Governor In Nigeria? (3684 Views)

Imoke Wins Best Governor Award / Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? / Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Fashola The Best Governor In Nigeria? by gabriel4u(m): 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2008
There is a controversy going on in Nigeria by Nigerians that governor babatunde fashola is the best governor Nigeria we ever have.
Although to me i high appreciate is effort in make Nigeria the best shop-line for the would were people will come from deferent country to enjoy and we Nigeria we stop going out of the country.
But i never for a minute accept this because i know many governors has don appropriate too, like formal governor.

So i wont u guys to convince me that fashola is the governor in Nigeria.
Re: Is Fashola The Best Governor In Nigeria? by sleekp1: 4:38pm On Dec 03, 2008
No
Re: Is Fashola The Best Governor In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 5:34pm On Dec 03, 2008
@Poster, what does it matter? What good does that debate do the Nigerian people? Mind you, Lagosians are still not waking up to their place in government. So what does it even matter if one man is considered best by some and not by others?? Jeeezzzz !!!
Re: Is Fashola The Best Governor In Nigeria? by debosky(m): 5:41pm On Dec 03, 2008
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, what does it matter? What good does that debate do the Nigerian people? Mind you, Lagosians are still not waking up to their place in government. So what does it even matter if one man is considered best by some and not by others?? Jeeezzzz !!!
And how did you come by this definitive statement?

The debate does help Nigerians - Governors are known to be a highly sycophantic lot - seeing one of their peers receive praise might serve to ginger some others to take a leaf from him. In the end, politics in Nigeria is largely popularity based, rigging apart of course.

People like Oshiomhole have risen to position based on his popularity as a recognised people advocate during his time in the NLC.

@ poster

do a search on nairaland, threads cataloguing reasons for BRF's ratings are available.
Re: Is Fashola The Best Governor In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On Dec 03, 2008
Roflmao!!! Yes, a debate about who the Nigerian people think is the best governor will spur other governors into action. BRILLIANT!!! We might create yet another thread to debate who the best president Nigeria has ever had then, so we can maybe sit back and hope the president will be moved into action then. WOOHOO!!
Re: Is Fashola The Best Governor In Nigeria? by ikeyman00(m): 6:08pm On Dec 03, 2008
what is the meanin of this?

useless thread!
Re: Is Fashola The Best Governor In Nigeria? by debosky(m): 6:46pm On Dec 03, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Roflmao!!! Yes, a debate about who the Nigerian people think is the best governor will spur other governors into action. BRILLIANT!!! We might create yet another thread to debate who the best president Nigeria has ever had then, so we can maybe sit back and hope the president will be moved into action then. WOOHOO!!

The point that eludes you is that ANY form of discourse relating to politicians' performance is the first step on the long road to holding political office holders to higher standards of performance. The mere existence of the discussion leads to people evaluating their governors and that alone is a good thing. Everything begins at a point.

What do people's opinions matter? What is democracy about in the first instance?

Like someone said, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
Re: Is Fashola The Best Governor In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2008
Roflmao!!!!

@Poster, My questions to you still apply

Kobojunkie:

Re: Is Fashola The Best Governor In Nigeria? by Soskid(m): 7:12pm On Dec 03, 2008
i believe he is the best gov nigeria has ever had going by what he is doing in lagos state. and what he is planning to do
Re: Is Fashola The Best Governor In Nigeria? by maxell(f): 7:52pm On Dec 03, 2008
@post

he is certainly one of the best if not the best.

Kobojunkie:

@Poster, what does it matter? What good does that debate do the Nigerian people? So what does it even matter if one man is considered best by some and not by others?? Jeeezzzz !!!

No one is forcing you to respond to the thread. If it was something negative like corruption being said about Fashola now,
I'm sure it would've mattered to you.

Kobojunkie:

Mind you, Lagosians are still not waking up to their place in government.

The thread is not about Lagosians, it is about Fashola. Again, no one is forcing you to respond to the thread.

When it comes to bashing Nigerians in power, you reign supreme. However, when something good is being said about Fashola, that's
when the topic doesn't matter. Like someone put a gun to your head to respond to the thread in the first place.
Re: Is Fashola The Best Governor In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On Dec 03, 2008
maxell:

No one is forcing you to respond to the thread. If it was something negative like corruption being said about Fashola now,

fortunately, I did not ask you of my right on here. I asked direct questions there that I would prefer answers to.
Re: Is Fashola The Best Governor In Nigeria? by gabriel4u(m): 12:24pm On Dec 04, 2008
This question should not be the beginning of query, b'cos no body has been query. so it not composary that all have to reply but it is necessary we know what is going on in this government issue of liking than others @kobojunkie, Don't be angry shocked sad shocked

thanks for your respond.
Re: Is Fashola The Best Governor In Nigeria? by arramyjay: 12:33pm On Dec 04, 2008
I dont know.
Re: Is Fashola The Best Governor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 04, 2008
It would be so foolish to rate anything or anybody within the group of mediocrity as best or worst. Mediocre is mediocre, simple and short.
Re: Is Fashola The Best Governor In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Dec 04, 2008
gabriel4u:

This question should not be the beginning of query, b'because no body has been query. so it not composary that all have to reply but it is necessary we know what is going on in this government issue of liking than others @kobojunkie, Don't be angry shocked sad shocked

thanks for your respond.

I don't know if you read my post but you get the same response from me. Stop trying to tell me if I am to be angry or not. Focus on reading posts and responding appropriately.

I lived in Lagos during jakande's time, mudashiru, marwa etc. Some of those governors did really good jobs in the state, yet the rest of Nigeria continued in decay. Why debating Fashola's status as governor will SUDDENLY make other governors become betterĀ  governors escapes me. But then again, considering it is easier to subscribe to such reasoning than to actually urge the people to step up, see to it that the lowlifes are shamed and thrown out of office, I kind of see how it may seem the only way for some.
Re: Is Fashola The Best Governor In Nigeria? by KnowAll(m): 4:37pm On Dec 04, 2008
Fashola has not done anything in lagos, he is the best window dresser, noting concrete has been done yet.
Re: Is Fashola The Best Governor In Nigeria? by Obiagu1(m): 6:37am On Sep 12, 2010
Yorubaland, the greatest ever kingdom in the whole world.
Re: Is Fashola The Best Governor In Nigeria? by Abagworo(m): 6:45am On Sep 12, 2010
Yes.He is the best.
Re: Is Fashola The Best Governor In Nigeria? by Dede1(m): 7:43am On Sep 12, 2010
There is no good governor in Nigeria. They are all products of a delinquent society formed in a jungle called Nigeria. Any governor of a state in Nigeria rated as best or even good by the pundits on nairaland is a sycophantic junk. Most nairalnad contributors are driven by unfounded sentiments and blinded by ethnicity.

(1) (Reply)

Luxurious Living In Abuja - Maitama Heights / What Better Way To End A Campaign? Buhari Folk, Join Us In Thanksgiving / Female Brazilian Students Refused To Sleep In Unilag's Hostel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.