Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,249 members, 7,829,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Scared Of Miss Successful? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Scared Of Miss Successful? (896 Views)

I Dont Like Non Of Miss Nairaland Contestants / Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? / Why Are Ladies Always Scared Of Cute Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scared Of Miss Successful? by Persona82(m): 9:28pm On Dec 03, 2008
Seeing That I'm a really impatient person I really don't get into conversations such as the one I'm about to put forward. A gal outrightly told me Guys are scared of successful women. . . Please people (guys and Ladies) Is this really true.

PS. I dunno know if this has been treated b4 so forgive me for bringing it up again, If that is applicable.
Constructive argument people, I'd really appreciate that
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by DavidDylan(m): 9:32pm On Dec 03, 2008
its not true.
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by smurf1(f): 9:33pm On Dec 03, 2008
Why?, I'm Scared of Mister No self Esteeem, grin grin
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by scottN(m): 9:34pm On Dec 03, 2008
As for me I'd prefer Miss Independent!
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by tmoney11(m): 9:44pm On Dec 03, 2008
If any man is bold enough he will go and meet anybody, even if she the President
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by Persona82(m): 9:50pm On Dec 03, 2008
So whats all the hullabaloo about men being scared or intimidated by dem gals who can hold they own. . . Or then again how come the top gals seem to be unhitched. They seem to want to blame it on the guys saying: na fear de cause am
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:03pm On Dec 03, 2008
Guys are not scared of successful women. As a matter of fact, most guys want to be with a successful woman. The problem is that some successful women allow their success to get deep inside their cranium and sink in like a ball of lead. They are unimaginably disrespectful, arrogant, judgmental and combative - this is more pronounced among minority women, especially black women (including African women).

When successful black women start to behave more like Michelle Obama and less like Tyra Banks/Kimora Lee Simmons/Oprah Winfrey, then it will become clearer that guys are not scared of Miss Successful.
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by Pataki: 10:43pm On Dec 03, 2008
I ain't scared of a successful woman. I am proud to have successful women all around me. A successful woman is not just in respect to her career, but all round success which also encompasses her relationship lifestyle with others around her.
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by A40(m): 10:49pm On Dec 03, 2008
Naah i have absolutely no problems with a successful woman mutual respect is what is key here
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by Outstrip(f): 12:14am On Dec 04, 2008
Most nigerian men are intimidated by successful women.

********runs and hides********
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by DavidDylan(m): 12:17am On Dec 04, 2008
Outstrip:

Most nigerian men are intimidated by successful women.

Depends on your idea of "successful women". If you mean women who are obnoxious, self-centered, rude and who think the sun rises and sets at their feet then yeah . . . men arent intimidated but put off by them.
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by Outstrip(f): 12:24am On Dec 04, 2008
Nobody likes a woman like that not even other women so that is not what I meant. A man is more likely to be jealous of a woman's success that a woman is to be jealous of a man's.
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by DavidDylan(m): 12:25am On Dec 04, 2008
Outstrip:

Nobody likes a woman like that not even other women so that is not what I meant. A man is more likely to be jealous of a woman's success that a woman is to be jealous of a man's.

I dont know those type of men.
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by tmoney11(m): 12:31am On Dec 04, 2008
Na so
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by A40(m): 12:33am On Dec 04, 2008
@Outstrip
Lol lemme rephrase that for you Most Nigerian men you know are afraid of Successful women
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by Persona82(m): 1:30am On Dec 04, 2008
i actually Hav been waiting for a female contribution, closest was that MOST Nigerian men are INTIMIDATED by successful women. , At the lady that said so. Do u know the meaning of Aura,

I'll ask you this question as a guy I meet a gal whose aura depicts pompousness (And she is "successful"wink. and i meet this other gal who is confident yet receptive (in a sense) and yet stands out in the crowd. Who do you think I'll tend toward.

Let me remind Gals. . . and this is so so so true. YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU WANT. Success or achievement does not wipe away that fact,

I'm Waiting . . . . .
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by LoveAlways(f): 6:11am On Dec 04, 2008
@ Richy

Guys are not scared of successful women. As a matter of fact, most guys want to be with a successful woman. The problem is that some successful women allow their success to get deep inside their cranium and sink in like a ball of lead. They are unimaginably disrespectful, arrogant, judgmental and combative - this is more pronounced among minority women, especially black women (including African women).

When successful black women start to behave more like Michelle Obama and less like Tyra Banks/Kimora Lee Simmons/Oprah Winfrey, then it will become clearer that guys are not scared of Miss Successful.

I agree with this statement, although; Oprah isn't exactly like Tyra and Kimora.  But I do feel that humbleness goes a long way.  I notice that you always use Michelle Obama as a feminine marker for black women to aspire to.  Michelle Obama is a very strong woman.  Even Obama said, "I know that I can be President, because I can handle Michelle."  He also said in a father's day speech to black fathers, that black women are doing a remarkable job in the community.  The reason why black women promote their success, is because black women have had to be strong by force, not by choice. 

But I'm not a big fan of Tyra and Kimmora.  They are a bit over the top, especially Kimmora.  I would hate to have a friend like that; always running off at the mouth.  (laughing)
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 04, 2008
Truth be told they are. They prefer the warm, motherly, docile types to bold, strong, powerful women.
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by tkb417(m): 9:12am On Dec 04, 2008
A man is more likely to be jealous of a woman's success that a woman is to be jealous of a man's.
u mean ur man will be jealous if ure successful?
hmmm, change ur man kia kia
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 04, 2008
BabeX:

Truth be told they are. They prefer the warm, motherly, docile types to bold, strong, powerful women.

Word!!!

A typical Nigerian man will rather marry/date a lady who's:

not as rich as he is,

not as intelligent as he is

not as tall as he is

not more educated than he is. . ,

Yea, Nigerian men are scared of Miss Successful and its only cos they have an unbearable ego!!

They claim the succesful sistas are proud and arrogant, when all they want is a little appreciation/respect from their partners. The guy's on the other hand who'd rather treat women (all women) as second class citizens, see them as disrespecful  undecided

But one thing I know a Sista shouldnt apologize for is her success . . . .  she earned it!!  wink
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by tkb417(m): 9:33am On Dec 04, 2008
Word!!!

A typical Nigerian man will rather marry/date a lady who's:

not as rich as he is,

not as intelligent as he is

not as tall as he is

not more educated than he is. . ,

Yea, Nigerian men are scared of Miss Successful and its only because they have an unbearable ego!!

They claim the succesful sistas are proud and arrogant, when all they want is a little appreciation/respect from their partners. The guy's on the other hand who'd rather treat women (all women) as second class citizens, see them as disrespecful

But one thing I know a Sista shouldnt apologize for is her success . . . . she earned it!!

ok. Im sure u didnt type all this by urself.
Did u take alcohol this morning Uju?
This is not the usual Uju. . . .the men u know are scared of successful women?
u'll hear from me ltrz
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 04, 2008
tkb417:

ok. I'm sure u didnt type all this by yourself.
Did u take alcohol this morning Uju?
This is not the usual Uju. . . .the men u know are scared of successful women?

LOL  grin  grin

You no well . . .

I don't mean all the men I know. Of course there are some really sensible guys who wouldnt care less, but basically . . . .  yea, most men are like that.

tkb417:

u'll hear from me ltrz

Now I'm trembling in ma boots!!!  cheesy
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by tkb417(m): 10:08am On Dec 04, 2008
LOL

You no well . . .

I don't mean all the men I know. Of course there are some really sensible guys who wouldnt care less, but basically . . . . yea, most men are like that.
now ure talking. I know i can trust ur judgements.
Stop taking coffee early in d morning o grin grin
Re: Scared Of Miss Successful? by Ben13: 10:28am On Dec 04, 2008
This is true in some part of Naija.

(1) (Reply)

I Broke Up Wit My Girl Friend And My Concubine On Vals Day / Should Money B Da Basis Of Love? / Communication: Key To A Successful Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.