Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? (3400 Views)

I'm In Love With An Older Lady With Two Kids / Null / Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? by anniebear(f): 9:01am On Aug 11, 2006
hey guys,
something has really been bothering me for a very long time, and i really need ur opinion,
should a yong girl date an older guy just becos she is in need of financial assitance, claiming she inlove with this guy?
i really need ur honest opinion
Re: Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? by iice(f): 9:03am On Aug 11, 2006
anniebear:

should a yong girl date an older guy just because she is in need of financial assitance, claiming she inlove with this guy?
There you go! that statement alrdy clears up the issue of love
Re: Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? by anniebear(f): 9:21am On Aug 11, 2006
but atimes i get so angry at the extent some ladies will go, just for money,
imagine a young girl of 20 who manages to finish her sec skool ( with lot of yelling 4m her parent) getting married to a 45yrs old man just because of money
isn't it weired?
Re: Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? by iice(f): 9:22am On Aug 11, 2006
I've seen too much of that for it to bother me masef, frankly we cant stop them, they went to school but lost their marbles at the sight of $$$
Re: Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? by anniebear(f): 9:33am On Aug 11, 2006
[b]atimes i wonder wat can be done to stop this menace,
gurls of this days find it difficult to date the younger men they prefer the older ones?
wat have they really got to offer i do say to my self atimes[/b]
Re: Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? by iice(f): 9:38am On Aug 11, 2006
Like i said, they lost their marbles, with the way the 'Woman' is progressing in today's world, i dont know why they would demean themselves just because of money. I guess it's all that is important to them
Re: Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? by naijadiva2(f): 1:27pm On Aug 11, 2006
i don't think its a good idea cuz when he founds out the real reason why you're interesting in him, things may heat up.
Re: Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? by faa(f): 3:07pm On Aug 11, 2006
There are no words to justify such an act.
Re: Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? by Oracle(m): 8:13pm On Aug 11, 2006
I wont really condemn it because love comes in different shapes, sizes and colours
Re: Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? by donjazzie(m): 10:46pm On Aug 12, 2006
Oracle:

I wont really condemn it because love comes in different shapes, sizes and colours

o true ma brother
Re: Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? by nt4dmasses(m): 6:57am On Aug 16, 2006
None of the two. We can view this in two perspectives. First, we must understand that love recognizes no age, race, religion, country, colour and so on. Love might just locate a young girl with an old man. It happens. One should just pray his/her lover is perfectly his/her taste. Love hooks humans, it takes possession of the whole body, emotions and even psychologically. It might be love.
Second, in another way the girl might be insane if she decides to have a lover who is her father's age mate. Certainly, if it is for financial assistance I would say she is a little bit sensible but if the so called relationship continues after he must have satisfied her wants the handshake has gone beyond the elbow. It's lust.
Re: Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? by ezenwayi(f): 8:13am On Aug 25, 2006
to me dating an older man is lust not love because the money of the man is what u are lusting after not the love u have the man.to me i cannot dream or even think of loving an older man. never not on my life except for his money i can give it a try.
Re: Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? by wifeypenth(f): 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2006
Sumtyms its love e.g Bianca and ojukwu, Shade and okoya
Re: Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? by dynamo2000(m): 5:05pm On Sep 05, 2006
Let it be, get your own man and let the old man enjoy the fruit of his labour tongue tongue grin shocked
Re: Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? by angelyetty: 6:08pm On Sep 06, 2006
what if she is really in love with him n not interested in his money?
Re: Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? by donjazzie(m): 6:14pm On Sep 06, 2006
angelyetty:

what if she is really in love with him n not interested in his money?

STORY
Re: Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? by spikedcylinder: 10:07am On Sep 08, 2006
wifeypenth:

Sumtyms its love e.g Bianca and ojukwu, Shade and okoya
I can say for Bianca and Ojukwu because Bianca herself is from a rich home but why and where is Shade's name coming from?I dont get it!

@topic

First and foremost i would like to say anybody can date anybody.Young or Old, two people who are not regarded as "socially fit" can fall in love.The problem for me however would be if one of both parties is married or worse still,if both are married.That spells disaster and since i believe so much in karma,dating a married man means am already breaking my own marraige with my own hands.
To me,money is not even the issue because people get married for a whole range of different reasons.I would not castigate someone for marrying a rich man because of money to make her life better.I would not do that because i dont know where such a person is coming from in her life and what the person plans to achieve.I believe that if you want to make it in life albeit successfully,you have to step on a few toes,whether you like to or not.A man can get married to a lady simply because she is beautiful,why cant a lady get married to a man simply because he has money?I'm not trying to judge anyone or even justify the decaying moral values in our society but i'm just saying,whats good for the goose is good for the gander and besides,everyone owns their life and have a right to decide what to do with it.I dont know if anyone understands what am trying to say

So anyone can date anyone but not anyone can date a married person! ;Does that make sense?
Re: Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? by hotchic1(f): 4:29pm On Apr 09, 2007
she is not in love but at times older guys solve ladies problem,they understand you better but not as in 25years difference.I think 5 to 10 years difference is alright.And is the man not married already??
Re: Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? by alabiyemmy(m): 4:30pm On Apr 09, 2007
could be for both - please ask Anna Nicole Smith.
Re: Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? by SweetT1: 4:42pm On Apr 09, 2007
@spikedcylinder
I know what you trying to say, baby. Anyway what's your number? Let's talk more about it !!
Re: Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? by adeboo(f): 12:54pm On Apr 10, 2007
You shouldnt date someone because of what you can get. Cuase when the frebbie stops then you will want out.

Personally, i prefer to date older guys cause i have a very strong personality and it will take an older more mature guy to deal with me. Age does matter sometimes to me cause i have dated guys ma age in the past and its been a disaster.
Re: Dating An Older Man: Love Or Lust? by kaycrystal(m): 2:14pm On Apr 10, 2007
neither or both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wot difference does it make??

(1) (Reply)

Pro01,i'm Curious About You.Come In Here Please! / My Shout Out To Light Skinned Girls Around The World / She Says I'm Too Straightforward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.