Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,448 members, 7,846,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:44 AM

The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor (1274 Views)

Ben Bruce Orders Innoson Car For His Personal Use From The Anambra Based Company / Nigerian Troops Arrest The Mastermind Of The Jos And Zaria Bombing / Graphic Photo From The Jos Bomb Blast At Yan-taya Mosque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 04, 2008
The thirst for blood of fellow men in the Northern Nigeria will never stop.  It has been there since the so called independence and will continue until a flood of blood overuns the entire north.  Sometimes, I think that the idea of one Nigeria is so that our "northern brothers" will spare their valuable cows and slaughter my kins men in alternative.

The difference between the North and the South are so much that it takes only aggression from the North and the greed of some men from the South to keep us together.  I know that the South (especially South East and Anmabra in particular) is not heaven on earth neither are we all spotless. 

Yet, I can authoritatively state that we are not taught that God would honour us if we slaughter fellow men.  Rather we are taught to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us.  We are taught that God loves all men equally and is not willing that any should die in sin.  We are taught that shedding blood is an abomination before God, who gave all men life.

I can understand the anger when a peoples mandate is stolen (like OBJ and the Ubas did in Anambra, but God stoped them), but I cannot understand what a church building has to do with it.  Neither can I understand what any of my kins men had to do with it.  The audacity of these ignorant and decieved specie of mankind, who believes that it is their right to fight for God makes to wonder whether God is so waek that he needs man to fight for Him.  We are killed for every whatsoever.

Nigeria was to organise Miss World, my people were killed.
Amercia attacked Iraq, my people were killed.
A woman collected a koran from a student who was using it for expo, she had to die.
A woman used a torn Koran to wipe the baby, my brother Akaluka was beheaded.

Most of the time, we dwell on definitions and leave the core issues, so at this instance, we begin to analyse whether the criseswas political or religious.  As far as I am concerned, these two cannot be seperated in Northern Nigeria, Islam cannot be seperated from politics.  to understand the northern politics, you need to pay a serious attention at Islam.  Religious beliefs reflects in every aspect of peoples lives on the earth.

We can continue to pay lip service to this menace, but we have options:

1. To seperate Nigeria and let us go our seperate ways
2. To confront this barbaric way of thinking that killing in the name of God is a thing of honour.

If I were the Anambra State Governor.

1. I will make sure that there are no counter killings of Northerners living in my state.
2. I will provide food and security to them until tempers cool.
3. I will encourage my people not to revenge by killing the innocent and soil their hands with blood and poluting the land.  (For your info, the entire north is poluted, stinking with the blood of the innocent)

4. I will personally go to Jos and take the corpses of every Anambra indigne killed for no reason than that election was rigged.

5. I will give them a state burial and declared a 3 days morning for the victims.
6. I will raise a committee to provide every kind of support for the relations of the victims.
7. I will sue Plateau State for killing my kins men without any reason.  they must pay conpensation running into billions.
8. I will sue the Federal Governent for giving my kins men false hope that they are safe anywhere in Nigeria.
9. I will sue the NYSC for any of my kins men that lost their lives through such brutality while serving Nigera.
10. I will sue the INEC for such afront on the people that has brought nothing but division, pain and death.

11.  I will pursue an agenda to take Britain to the world court for amalgamating people with different idealogies about life.

12. I will pursue an agenda for constitutional amendment that will hold a state governor responsible for any such killings in his state.  (If the governors are to be held responsible, they in turn will hold their Imams responsible for what they teach).

13.  I will not allow any of my kins men to be posted to the North for NYSC until such a time, when the North will learn not to be hostile.

Hate me, like me.  Curse me, blame me.  All I I am saying is, must we keep quite until what?
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by udezue(m): 10:58am On Dec 04, 2008
Please u talk like as if such measures have never been taken by Igbos. What happened? Nothing. If they can get away with murder then my people have every right to retaliate wherever they find a freaking Hausa until they learn to live in peace with us or let us go. Biafra Biafra Biafra
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 04, 2008
Nwanne m,
Such measures had only been taking by individuals (perhaps only the relations of such victims). We have never had a state Governor of any such a person in the political class stand for our poeple. They are usually afraid of loosing out in the power game and end up becoming boot lickers.

What do you think will happen if all the Governors of the South East come together with the senators, house of rep members, state's house of Assembly Leaders, different pressure groups like Eastern Mandate Union, Ohaneze Ndigbo, etc to delibrate on one thing "The safety of Life and Properties in Ndigbo living in the North"?

What do you think will happen if these people will recognise MASSOB as a necessary pressure group?

What do you think would had happened if our people at the Federal Government resign in protest over the treatment of Igbos in the North and no other Igbo man accepts to take the position of those who resigned?

Please, what ever you do, we shall not follow these decieved and ignorant fellows whose thoughts have been perverted into darkness to polute our land by spilling innocent blood. If you insist on the revenge, then please travel to Jos and do it there. I repeat, don't soil and polute Ala Igbo. We are decent and God fearing people.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by adconline(m): 11:50am On Dec 04, 2008
Noblezone
Some of your ideas are grandiose in nature. I know you cannot sue a governor,but you can sue a state. FG can also be sued as well. Who ever knew that judges can over turn an election until Peter Obi proved them wrong twice. We have to test some of these ideas.

Have you ever heard Gani say something about sectarian violence in Nigeria? I think he is a Muslim?
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by asha80(m): 12:27pm On Dec 04, 2008
11. I will pursue an agenda to take Britain to the world court for amalgamating people with different idealogies about life.

The embolded part is on the main problems with nigeria
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by Muza(m): 12:31pm On Dec 04, 2008
adconline:

Noblezone
Some of your ideas are grandiose in nature. I know you cannot sue a governor,but you can sue a state. FG can also be sued as well. Who ever knew that judges can over turn an election until Peter Obi proved them wrong twice. We have to test some of these ideas.

Have you ever heard Gani say something about sectarian violence in Nigeria? I think he is a Muslim?

Dan uwarka,if Gani a Muslim so wat,Wats wrong in someone being a Muslim.
Big fool kawai grin
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 04, 2008
Pollute which land?. . . . rubbish.
Do unto the northerners as they've done unto you; the golden rule. So simple.

Mallam muza; wawa ne. grin
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by Muza(m): 12:46pm On Dec 04, 2008
the slave of the chincos,its u again? grin
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 04, 2008
Muza:

the slave of the chincos,its u again? grin

Better to be a slave to a peace loving, kind and productive outsider that rewards your hard work and also treats you like a prince than to be a slave in your own house where your own brothers are ever ready to slaughter you like a ram because of your intelligence, productivity and hard work. tongue
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by lucabrasi(m): 1:13pm On Dec 04, 2008
@poster
once again,just like other threads on here you are letting your emotions becloud any reasonable thinking, remember in magadishu or hwereever(not sure) when the british teacher called a teddy bear mohammed,she was arrested untill her country pleaded for her,in dubai when the british couple had sex on the beach ,they were arrested as well,the point im trying to make here is that if we know the laws governing a religion then its better to avoid going contrary to it to avoid any aggravation,im a christian and i know using pages of the bible to clean a baby's bum isnt something i will be ok with, that is not to say i support the beheading or that i dont agree with you that the northern ppl who indulge in these killings grossly over do it at times,

i hope its an oversight but the easterners were not the only tribe that was killed,but you neglected to include them in your comments only going on about "your people"as if the others arnt important,to me that has tribal undertones already,i think we should avoid mixing issues together here just to achieve our own selfish aims,

some northerners commited all these killings,there s a big difference between a group of thugs/almajiris using whatever excuse to kill other people and saying a whole ethnicity has a grnad plan to kill you all, that is a grossly erroneous statement to make and false
we have our own brand of thugs/almajiris in the south west,in ibadan under adedibu,in anambra and other south eastern areas, andy uba didnt kidnap the governor all by himself,he had thugs do it for him,the nba chairman didnt get assasinated by the police, thugs from the south east did so, the point im making here is that as far as politicians are concerned either they are ibo,hausa or yoruba they are all the same thing and will use machiavellian tactics to get whatever they want no matter how many people died, if these south eastern leaders loved their fellow ibos that much,how come they are so close with their fellow politicians from the north?
i know an hausa boy going out with the daughter of one of the core ibo politician's daughter and the man and his wife know, they even welcome the boy and treat him really nice, that should give u the mind set of the ibo leaders,

its all very well and good clamouring for secession but( 1)what account do we write the federal allocation your south eastern states collect to develop your states from NIGERIA?
if a wife wanted to divorce her husband because of cruelty,her case will be substancially weakened if she returns any expensive jewelry and refuses to collect any money from him,
2)why are the south east clamouring for their turn to be the president of nigeria?we all know how united the ibos are which i see as a great trait but how come they are not speaking with one voice and refuse to participate in any government?why should ibos in millions line up behind apga,politicianslike ume ezeoke,uba,ngige e.t.c
i would have though all these people will come together and advocate for biafra and refuse their chance at being president of the same country you want to leave,

dont get me wrong,im just a little bit confused as you ll understand that while you are clamouring for your own nation,you are collecting our money and spending it and you are even calling for your own turn at being president,what exactly do you want us to believe??
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 04, 2008
lucabrasi:

@poster
once again,just like other threads on here you are letting your emotions becloud any reasonable thinking, remember in magadishu or hwereever(not sure) when the british teacher called a teddy bear mohammed,she was arrested untill her country pleaded for her,in dubai when the british couple had sex on the beach ,they were arrested as well,the point I'm trying to make here is that if we know the laws governing a religion then its better to avoid going contrary to it to avoid any aggravation,I'm a christian and i know using pages of the bible to clean a baby's bum isnt something i will be ok with, that is not to say i support the beheading or that i don't agree with you that the northern people who indulge in these killings grossly over do it at times,

i hope its an oversight but the easterners were not the only tribe that was killed,but you neglected to include them in your comments only going on about "your people"as if the others arnt important,to me that has tribal undertones already,i think we should avoid mixing issues together here just to achieve our own selfish aims,

some northerners commited all these killings,there s a big difference between a group of thugs/almajiris using whatever excuse to kill other people and saying a whole ethnicity has a grnad plan to kill you all, that is a grossly erroneous statement to make and false
we have our own brand of thugs/almajiris in the south west,in ibadan under adedibu,in anambra and other south eastern areas, andy uba didnt kidnap the governor all by himself,he had thugs do it for him,the nba chairman didnt get assasinated by the police, thugs from the south east did so, the point I'm making here is that as far as politicians are concerned either they are ibo,hausa or yoruba they are all the same thing and will use machiavellian tactics to get whatever they want no matter how many people died, if these south eastern leaders loved their fellow ibos that much,how come they are so close with their fellow politicians from the north?
i know an hausa boy going out with the daughter of one of the core ibo politician's daughter and the man and his wife know, they even welcome the boy and treat him really nice, that should give u the mind set of the ibo leaders,

its all very well and good clamouring for secession but( 1)what account do we write the federal allocation your south eastern states collect to develop your states from NIGERIA?
if a wife wanted to divorce her husband because of cruelty,her case will be substancially weakened if she returns any expensive jewelry and refuses to collect any money from him,
2)why are the south east clamouring for their turn to be the president of nigeria?we all know how united the ibos are which i see as a great trait but how come they are not speaking with one voice and refuse to participate in any government?why should ibos in millions line up behind apga,politicianslike ume ezeoke,uba,ngige e.t.c
i would have though all these people will come together and advocate for biafra and refuse their chance at being president of the same country you want to leave

don't get me wrong,I'm just a little bit confused as you ll understand that while you are clamouring for your own nation,you are collecting our money and spending it and you are even calling for your own turn at being president,what exactly do you want us to believe??

Who are the "you"; the yorubas, hausas or the lawless and corrupt "one nigeria"?

Collecting your money. . . lol.
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by lucabrasi(m): 4:05pm On Dec 04, 2008
nuzo:

Who are the "you"; the yorubas, hausas or the lawless and corrupt "one nigeria"?

Collecting your money. . . lol.
the "you"are the people clamouring for secession, if they want to leave nigeria fair enough but saying they want to leave,yet they are collection their monthly/yearly federal government subvention,clamouring for their chance at ruling the same nigeria to me is speaking from both sides of their mouth akin to not being sincere,moreover how nigeria spends his money shouldnt be biafra's concerns seeing as they have elected not to be paret of that "craziness"right?
we ccan decide to incinerate all the oil money or even do anything with it,its none of biafra's concern
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by onyengbu1(m): 4:09pm On Dec 04, 2008
we have our own brand of thugs/almajiris in the south west,in ibadan under adedibu,in anambra and other south eastern areas, andy uba didnt kidnap the governor all by himself,he had thugs do it for him,the nba chairman didnt get assasinated by the police, thugs from the south east did so, the point I'm making here is that as far as politicians are concerned either they are ibo,hausa or yoruba they are all the same thing and will use machiavellian tactics to get whatever they want no matter how many people died, if these south eastern leaders loved their fellow ibos that much,how come they are so close with their fellow politicians from the north?

Dont ever compare assasins or area boys with the savages you have in the north. There are area boys and savages everywhere in the world but i am sure almajiris and the mob killers arent everywhere.

Assasins and area boys needs a personal (mostly financial) reason to kill or maim but those guys up north only need to hear that there is a riot going on.

Dont join everthing together just because you want to make every tribe in naija look the same.

We are not the same, those guys up north are pure savages.
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 04, 2008
lucabrasi:

@poster
once again,just like other threads on here you are letting your emotions becloud any reasonable thinking, remember in magadishu or hwereever(not sure) when the british teacher called a teddy bear mohammed,she was arrested untill her country pleaded for her,in dubai when the british couple had sex on the beach ,they were arrested as well,the point I'm trying to make here is that if we know the laws governing a religion then its better to avoid going contrary to it to avoid any aggravation,I'm a christian and i know using pages of the bible to clean a baby's bum isnt something i will be ok with, that is not to say i support the beheading or that i don't agree with you that the northern people who indulge in these killings grossly over do it at times,

i would have though all these people will come together and advocate for biafra and refuse their chance at being president of the same country you want to leave,

don't get me wrong,I'm just a little bit confused as you ll understand that while you are clamouring for your own nation,you are collecting our money and spending it and you are even calling for your own turn at being president,what exactly do you want us to believe??

Did you say I am being emotional?  Yes I am! and please dont prevent me from being emotional.  would you beat and child and also command him not to weep?

I am well aware about the emotions in Islam, yet Akaluka whose head was put on a spear and paraded on the streets of Kano was not even there when the torn koran was used.  A torn peice of paper is a torn a piece of paper whether it be Bible, Koran or Physics.  The Koran was so holy that a non moslem teacher's hand touching it defiled it, yet it was not that holy to be used in cheating in exams.  Hypocrites!!!  On the other hand, if you want to slaughter a man for trowing a torn Bible into the waste bin, be my guest.

Am I tribalistic?  Let the truth be told that the bulk of the people who bear the brunt of this madness are Igbos; we travel, settle and mix up where ever we reach more than any other tribe in Nigeria.  We even build houses where ever we found our selves before going home to build.  Yet, people like you behave as if you love Nigeria more than any other person.

Let me still ask you.  When the maximum ruler OBJ, left Ogun state to come and conquer Anambra and install his loving puppet Andy Uba as our governor, how many mosques did we burn down?  How many non Igbo settlers did we butcher to death?

If we needed to kill anybody, it was OBJ and his apostles of destructions.  In the south, when there is political violence, it is usually between the rival parties.  I dont support violence of any sort, but if those guys fill shot changed, they should have gone to burn INECs office.  they should had gone to Abuja and kill Cheif Maurice Iwu who happens to be a disgrace to humanity.  Your aguements are actually amusing!

If you know the laws of a religion, you respect it right?
Ok, please tell me the law that says "If election is rigged in our land, all non indigins will be slaughtered"  is that a verse from the Koran or from where? Or "If the federal governemnt wants to hold miss world contest", burn churches and kill southerners.  You are yet to tell what law my people violeted when America attacked Iraq that they were slaughtered like goats.

Yes, other tribes were killed, but non tribe has suffered the loss we have suffered so far in Nigeria,both in human and material wise.  

Also, since it was the almajeris that did the killings, nobdy should be held responsible.  Mind you, Chris Uba was not held responsible because he kidnaped the governor with the authority of ASO Rock.  After all, it was an AIG of the NPF that led the team of kidnapers.  

Did you mention Adedibu?  Yes, the man was a tout, yet it was only the power from Aso Rock that gave him the boldness to do what he did.

Finally, for your information, I would rather die gladly from the hand of thugs who have no fear of God than thugs who kill in the name of God.

Rather than talk about how to prevent another orgy of blood letting, you are busy painting a picture as if those killings were necessary.
Or since other tribes were killed, I should either weep for all of them or keep my mouth shut.  Yes, it grieved my heart that all those innocent people were killed, but I grief more that my kins men were involved.  It is natural, you dont more than the bereaved.

Also, if you read my post carefully, the positon I took was on "if I am the Anambra State Governor".  It will be easier for me to sue Plataue state for the deaths of my kins men than to do that for all ther other tribes.  

If nothing is done, maybe one day you'll be among the victims then you will understand, only it would have been late.
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by lucabrasi(m): 4:27pm On Dec 04, 2008
onye_ngbu:

don't ever compare assasins or area boys with the savages you have in the north. There are area boys and savages everywhere in the world but i am sure almajiris and the mob killers arent everywhere.

Assasins and area boys needs a personal (mostly financial) reason to kill or maim but those guys up north only need to hear that there is a riot going on.

don't join everthing together just because you want to make every tribe in naija look the same.

We are not the same, those guys up north are pure savages.
dont you see here that you are already justifying the politicians in other parts of nigeria of their misdeeds?
what is the difference between the northern politician who orchestrated these horrible killings and the killing of these five children in cold blood in ekiti?

the fact that assasins and political thugs are not ignorant of their actions,and will actually open their eyes and commit  pre-meditated  murders shows they are much more wicked than brainwashed/ignorant/povery striken and hungry almajiris who dont get paid more than a bowl of tuwo and then brainwashed before being directed to kill, remember the famous saying that "religion is the opium of the masses"
it is easier to brainwash ignorant,illiterate,and disillutioned young men that some people are "kaffirs" than to convince a thug who knows fully the impact of wht he s getting into,

the funny thing is that i am not from the north,but i have been re-iterating these points in all my comments because we nigerians as a whole find it more convenient to blame the "evil barbaric north"for all our short comings than facing up to the truth,
look at kano state for instance,they have the richest nigerian in the world from there according to forbes list yet they are still one of the most disenfranchised educationally, dont you see a strange anomaly there?

same goes for other northern states,why are the billionaires/millionaires giving these people daily tuwo rather than actually giving them education,enlightenment?

dont you think they want these youths to be the way they are so that it will be easy to brainwash them into doing their dirty works like the jos massacre?

tell me where in nigeria apart from the north that their youths will go to the extent of drinking embalming fluid to get high or sniff gutter fumes, shouldnt that tell us something about the level of dissillutionment and despondency these youths are experiencing?

if we do not address the root of these problems which is educating them and rescuing them from the stranglehold of illiteracy and these wicked policitians,im afraid these vicious circle will continue
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2008
Muza:

Dan uwarka,if Gani a Muslim so what,Wats wrong in someone being a Muslim.
Big fool kawai grin

Dear Muza,

there is nothing wrong in being a moslem or what ever you want to be,

but there is everything wrong in using the Koran to hide exam expo materials and then turn and mob kill an innocent teacher who siezed the Koran with the "you defiled a hloy thing" excuse. Also, the Pastors that were attacked and killed inside thier church premises, what had they to do with the fact that the PDP rigged an election?

It is a shame, and if the idea of one Nigeria is this, then I am ashamed to be called a Nigerian. God bless you.
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by lucabrasi(m): 5:24pm On Dec 04, 2008
noblezone:

I am well aware about the emotions in Islam, yet Akaluka whose head was put on a spear and paraded on the streets of Kano was not even there when the torn koran was used.  A torn peice of paper is a torn a piece of paper whether it be Bible, Koran or Physics.  The Koran was so holy that a non moslem teacher's hand touching it defiled it, yet it was not that holy to be used in cheating in exams.  Hypocrites!!!  On the other hand, if you want to slaughter a man for trowing a torn Bible into the waste bin, be my guest.

i am not justifying the killing of the man all i am saying is that each religion have thir own moral guidelines and either we agree with it or not,muslims all round the world not just nigeria take any form of in appropriate touch or reference to their quran very serious, the statement you have just uttered shows you do not respect their religion by saying a piece of paper is a piece of paper and comparing a physics text book to an holy book,like i said,i am christian and all my family are,but i always respect people's religion,cultures e.t.c
i never said i supported slaughtering,the point im making is that if i and many christians saw someone tear off a page of the bible and use it in cleaning off their rear eand,they ll be offended,if you live in the uk or you know anyone that does, ask them what happened when a musical about jesus christ being an homosexual came out in west end and how many white and black british/non british xtians protested, same as the novel davinci code

again,let me reiterate that i do not support any violence at all,but in a mob action,there is no control and people let their emotions rule over sensible reasoning, which is why its calle d"jungle justice
noblezone:

Am I tribalistic?  Let the truth be told that the bulk of the people who bear the brunt of this madness are Igbos; we travel, settle and mix up where ever we reach more than any other tribe in Nigeria.  We even build houses where ever we found our selves before going home to build.  Yet, people like you behave as if you love Nigeria more than any other person.

does the fact that the ibos have borne the brunt discountenance the others that have been murdered in the same mayhem?
i dont profess to love nigeria more than anyone,all im doing is being totally objective in my thinking
noblezone:

Let me still ask you.  When the maximum ruler OBJ, left Ogun state to come and conquer Anambra and install his loving puppet Andy Uba as our governor, how many mosques did we burn down?  How many non Igbo settlers did we butcher to death?

again,rather than admit that the ibos are part of the problem,you have conveniently shifted the blame of the fracas in anambra on a yoruba man, how convenient grin
so ngige,uba brothers e.t.c are not the problem again but obj all the way from ogun state, i see
anyone would think obj brought an hausa man to rule over anambra instead of fellow anambrans
noblezone:

If we needed to kill anybody, it was OBJ and his apostles of destructions.  In the south, when there is political violence, it is usually between the rival parties.  I don't support violence of any sort, but if those guys fill shot changed, they should have gone to burn INECs office.  they should had gone to Abuja and kill Cheif Maurice Iwu who happens to be a disgrace to humanity.  Your aguements are actually amusing!

thank GOD you have accepted at least for once,that maurice iwu(a bonafide 100% ibo man)is also at fault,second if you check what i have been writing in all the threads i believe that what the people behind these mayhem actually wanted is what you are doing now, blaming the north and a total destrabilisatn of the state, again it has often happened in oyo state,same thing happened in osun state in fact a friend of mine's dad had their house and cars burnt,same happened in kogi e.t.c were all these hausas as well?
why didnt they go to abuja to burn the inec office instead of houses in soun and kogi e.t.c do you see a pattern in all these happenings boith in kogi,osun,oyo,and jos?
noblezone:

If you know the laws of a religion, you respect it right?
Ok, please tell me the law that says "If election is rigged in our land, all non indigins will be slaughtered"  is that a verse from the Koran or from where? Or "If the federal governemnt wants to hold miss world contest", burn churches and kill southerners.  You are yet to tell what law my people violeted when America attacked Iraq that they were slaughtered like goats.

i agree there is no law that justifies the killing or burning of churches e.t.cill still answer this particular comment with what i have been trying to say all along,the almajiris are pawns being used to destabilise the various states by so called big men/politicians, ill give you an example,
we all know that ibori stole money right??
when he was brought to court for the first time,his supporters gathered a lot of people paid and they started shouting and protesting that he is being maligned and hounded because he is from south south,alams said the same thing even though we know their r corrupt, even aborishade who directly or indirectly caused the deaths of these children and people in the plane crash is sayn the same thing, point f my example is that politicians always use tribalism as a convenient excuse when it favours them and also to destabilise when things are not going their way
noblezone:

Yes, other tribes were killed, but non tribe has suffered the loss we have suffered so far in Nigeria,both in human and material wise.  

i agree but that still doesnt excuse the fact that,all the killings are tragic irrespective of their ethnicity and the fact that ibos have suffered more deaths doesnt make their loss more tragic than other tribes, like a yoruba porverb loosely translates, "if you reckon a family's death has not pained them or shouldnt evoke that much grief then that person should kill a member of their family and see how painful it is"
noblezone:

Also, since it was the almajeris that did the killings, nobdy should be held responsible.  Mind you, Chris Uba was not held responsible because he kidnaped the governor with the authority of ASO Rock.  After all, it was an AIG of the NPF that led the team of kidnapers.  

no,if almajiris did the killing then people who are sponsoring them should be brought to justice,
my believe is that,holding them responsible without the useless politicians using them as a pawn to cause destruction while his/her children are studying abroad will not put an end to the destruction,like i said in one other comment i made,do you know that a friend of mine who is core hausa and the son of one of the most prominent northern politicians is dating the daughter of a prominent politician in anambra(you understand if i cant mention names as they might be reading these)and i know for a fact that their parents know, imagine that are they not taking us for fools?yet outside these same politicians will shout either from arewa or ikenga e.t.c that they r fighting for their people
noblezone:

Did you mention Adedibu?  Yes, the man was a tout, yet it was only the power from Aso Rock that gave him the boldness to do what he did.

exactly,same as mbadinuju to assasinate the nba chairman in enugu and the pregnant wife,same as the power andy uba,ngige,egwu,ume ezeoke, the pdp chairman e.t.c all ibos to commit atrocities
noblezone:

Finally, for your information, I would rather die gladly from the hand of thugs who have no fear of God than thugs who kill in the name of God.

in other words,you are publicly declaring now that it is better to die in the hands of assasins right, good!now will you tell that to the nba chairman enugu branch and his pregnant wife's family?

bola ige's family?funsho williams family?the 5 innocent children who just got killed in cold blood?dont forget abiola dn his wife e.t.c seeing as you dont see anything wrong in it
noblezone:

Rather than talk about how to prevent another orgy of blood letting, you are busy painting a picture as if those killings were necessary.
Or since other tribes were killed, I should either weep for all of them or keep my mouth shut.  Yes, it grieved my heart that all those innocent people were killed, but I grief more that my kins men were involved.  It is natural, you don't more than the bereaved.

pls try to read and understand my comments,if you dont understand then take time to ask clarification rather than jumping to unreasonable conclusions,the killings were not justified in anyway, the point im making here is that we shouldnt let our emotions rule our sense of fair judgement but actually focus our attention at the co ordinators"the big men orgasnisers"rather than tyhe expendables, why didnt america focus attention on the cells but bin laden and his assistants  even though they were upset at the killings of thousands at the wt centre??
noblezone:

Also, if you read my post carefully, the positon I took was on "if I am the Anambra State Governor".  It will be easier for me to sue Plataue state for the deaths of my kins men than to do that for all ther other tribes.  

If nothing is done, maybe one day you'll be among the victims then you will understand, only it would have been late.

why plateau state?are you saying the governor of plateau is at fault or knew about the killings??why didint america sue the saudi leader seeing as saudi citizens made the bulk of the suicide bombers?
look at your last comment,it has shown that you keep on making unreasonable comments and assertions, rather than wish you the same,ill wish no evil upon you i.e the opposite of what you wish for me

[/quote]

[quote]
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 04, 2008
@ Poster I admire you post a lot and its shows a sense of responsibility and kindess.

But I think its time the Northerners are thought a lesson or two. Why the heck do they think they can sling those their rusty cutlasses at every given opportunity.

Those savages have redefined the word terrorism. And we live in a country where the government couldnt care less. I think its time we go for tit for tat.

Continous silence is only going to encourage this imbecility. I think Anambarians should seek out all the mallams in the state and slaughter them for Anu Christmas!! cheesy tongue
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by ikeyman00(m): 7:06pm On Dec 04, 2008
why could l[b]ucabra[/b] comparing lethal northern vampires with something else

hmmm u seemed to underestimate these aliens in the north lipsrsealed
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by lucabrasi(m): 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2008
@ikeyman
all im tryna say is that the problem we have in nigeria is located in the three tribes in nigeria, politicians from the south east and south west are as bad as politicians from the north, while the northern politician akes use of almajiris to do their dirty work the politicians in the south west and south east use political thugs and hired assasins to do theirs in other words they as bad as each other
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 04, 2008
lucabrasi:

the "you"are the people clamouring for secession, if they want to leave nigeria fair enough but saying they want to leave,yet they are collection their monthly/yearly federal government subvention,clamouring for their chance at ruling the same nigeria to me is speaking from both sides of their mouth akin to not being sincere,moreover how nigeria spends his money shouldnt be biafra's concerns seeing as they have elected not to be paret of that "craziness"right?
we ccan decide to incinerate all the oil money or even do anything with it,its none of biafra's concern

I can see that anything Igbo makes you want to set yourself on fire, otherwise you would have noticed that it wasnt only Igbos that have been clamoring for a separate state. People like deepzone, nigeria1, yemmyse and lots more Yorubas have been doing the same thing. You didnt try to bore them with your essay, instead you had to come down on the people you and nigeria love to hate; the Igbos. The people you love seeing go down for no good reason.
Just state clear your fears and the level of your hatred for the Igbos and we will understand where you are driving at with your essay on how oil money belongs to your family.
Lol. . . . . . . . your oil money indeed; the lifeline of "one nigeria".

Let me be clear with you, Igbos want and have always wanted a strong and peaceful nigeria, not your "one nigeria" that slaughter them at any flimsy excuse while the government and other nigerians go about their businesses happily and comfortably. Any sane person in the shoes of the endangered and aggrieved Igbos will definitely want out.
Stop the genocide and marginalization and see if you will hear anything about secession from anybody again.
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by adconline(m): 9:39pm On Dec 04, 2008
@Musa
Dan uwarka,if Gani a Muslim so what,Wats wrong in someone being a Muslim.
Big fool kawai

Always raining insults on folks who may have different viewpoint. Makes you wonder why some kill folks who dont look like them.
We get embarrassed that Oprah is singling Nigeria out as a scam nation or that some of our girls are  call  girls in Europe , or that some of our men are into nefarious activities abroad,  yet  it does not embarrass us that a  section of the country kills fellow citizens at will without any provocation or repercussion. We are too offended to be called a 419 nation but not offended to be called a nation that supports  genocide. Its OK to kill a Nigerian by a Nigerian but not OK to be criticized by non-Nigerians who frown at some Nigerian scammers or prostitutes.
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by lucabrasi(m): 10:13pm On Dec 04, 2008
nuzo:

I can see that anything Igbo makes you want to set yourself on fire, otherwise you would have noticed that it wasnt only Igbos that have been clamoring for a separate state. People like deepzone, nigeria1, yemmyse and lots more Yorubas have been doing the same thing. You didnt try to bore them with your essay, instead you had to come down on the people you and nigeria love to hate; the Igbos. The people you love seeing go down for no good reason.
Just state clear your fears and the level of your hatred for the Igbos and we will understand where you are driving at with your essay on how oil money belongs to your family.
Lol. . . . . . . . your oil money indeed; the lifeline of "one nigeria".

why would i want to set myself on fire over the igbos,hausas,yorubas,south south or any part of nigeria when i dont suffer from self esteem issues
second,are these peopleyou have mentioned the mouthpiece for the yorubas?hell naw same as the igbos on nairaland are not the mouthpiece for the entire south east,like i said before ill reiterate that i am quite confident as an individual in my abilities so i do not need to hate on any individual or ethnicity neither is anyone hating on the ibos.

i brought up a legitimate question and rather than answering me you go off on one saying i hate the ibos and what not, i never said the oil belongs to my family but to the entity called "nigeria" which i am part of and always want to be part of same as hausas,south south,many igbos e.t.c
my question was directed at the section calling for secession from nigeria WHILE STILL COLLECTING THE FEDERAL GOVT SUBVENTION, as far as i am concerned,that question is not relevant to an ibo hausa or yoruba willing to still be a part of nigeria and work towards a better nigeria, seeing as by your locating you live in china or somewhere around there

the manchu tribe in china are les than 10%
and the manchu are around 90%
give or take 1-3% margin of error either ways, the fact that the manchus have been persecuted in the past,did they opt to secede or dorm china manchu land or did they shrug it off and collectively build a great china?
you can ask any chinese around you and they will confirm my assertions,
nuzo:

Let me be clear with you, Igbos want and have always wanted a strong and peaceful nigeria, not your "one nigeria" that slaughter them at any flimsy excuse while the government and other nigerians go about their businesses happily and comfortably. Any sane person in the shoes of the endangered and aggrieved Igbos will definitely want out.
Stop the genocide and marginalization and see if you will hear anything about secession from anybody again.
the igbos want a peaceful nigeria,which i agree with you on btw as can be seen from the comments i have made in the past(you can check the niger bridge thread)
however there is something you must understand here, let us reason with our head and not with our hearts here,the average hausa man or woman does not hate the igbos or yorubas because frankly speaking they do not gain nything from that,it is the northern politicians and big men who use the almajiris to destabilise the various state for their own nefarious ends,so rather than always going on about how all the hausas and stuff hate ibos we should focus our searchlight on the perpetuators so that this evil will be eradicated once and for all,
imagine if george bush had bombedsaudi arabia because almost all the 9/11 bombers were of saudi descent?

who are behind the marginaliztion,if not the politicians in the three major tribes??
you honestly think the hausas can abitrarilly rule over everything without the help of yoruba and ibo politicians and big men?pleasseeee
i agree any sane person who feels like they are being deliberately killed off by another ethnicity will want out,but what about if only a couple of politicians or business men are the ones pulling the strings just so the ibos and yorubas will have the same mind set as what you have just written here??

i can say this with all sense of authority and certainty by the simple process of evaluation and deduction, simply look at other parts of nigeria and see if the same formular has not been continually used,
secondly in case you didnt know ask anyone who was in nigeria when the police discovered a cache of arms and ammunition in a dangote trailer coverred with wheat going to the north,till today nothing has been heard of it, lets be factual did the almajiris pay millions of dollars to buy these arms and amunition??
i keep on going on and on because most of us are not looking and the root cause but the periphery, if the almajiris are killed off in their thousands like im sure many ibos yoruba victims would want now,do you honestly think others will not be used by these same people to cause mayhem when they need to?but actually seeking out,naming and shaming possibly prosecuting the men behind the whole thing will eradicate this whole thing
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 05, 2008
why would i want to set myself on fire over the igbos,hausas,yorubas,south south or any part of nigeria when i don't suffer from self esteem issues
second,are these peopleyou have mentioned the mouthpiece for the yorubas?hell naw same as the igbos on nairaland are not the mouthpiece for the entire south east,like i said before ill reiterate that i am quite confident as an individual in my abilities so i do not need to hate on any individual or ethnicity neither is anyone hating on the ibos.

i brought up a legitimate question and rather than answering me you go off on one saying i hate the ibos and what not, i never said the oil belongs to my family but to the entity called "nigeria" which i am part of and always want to be part of same as hausas,south south,many igbos e.t.c
my question was directed at the section calling for secession from nigeria WHILE STILL COLLECTING THE FEDERAL GOVT SUBVENTION, as far as i am concerned,that question is not relevant to an ibo hausa or yoruba willing to still be a part of nigeria and work towards a better nigeria, seeing as by your locating you live in china or somewhere around there

Simple questions for you:
1. If the people i mentioned are not the mouthpieces of the Yoruba, who then is their (yoruba) mouthpiece?
2. Who is the mouthpiece of the Igbos because thats where you must have gotten your biased view on what the Igbos want, their pains and their thoughts about Biafra?

the manchu tribe in china are les than 10%
and the manchu are around 90%
give or take 1-3% margin of error either ways, the fact that the manchus have been persecuted in the past,did they opt to secede or dorm china manchu land or did they shrug it off and collectively build a great china?
you can ask any chinese around you and they will confirm my assertions,

Lets save this history lesson for another day, but if you want, i can't send to you the history of china dating as far back as 5k-7k years ago to 2008. I sometime lecture the chinese some part of their history. True story.
Nevertheless, its clear that if nigeria adopts the chinese system of government, we will be competing with them before we know it. (idiagbon factor) Whether its a good system of governing people or not should be left for another thread.

however there is something you must understand here, let us reason with our head and not with our hearts here,the average hausa man or woman does not hate the igbos or yorubas because frankly speaking they do not gain nything from that,it is the northern politicians and big men who use the almajiris to destabilise the various state for their own nefarious ends,so rather than always going on about how all the hausas and stuff hate ibos we should focus our searchlight on the perpetuators so that this evil will be eradicated once and for all,

It will sound much reasonable if you will speak on behalf of yourself alone than speaking on behalf of the rest of nigeria on whether they hate the Igbos or not. I am Igbo, so I'm 100% sure of what I'm talking about. The hatred is clearly as a result of insecurities. I hope to be opportune to share with you guys my personal experiences with nigerians in this part of the world.
However, i;ve never lost sleep on whether anybody hates me or not, so far the vagabond don't try to harm me.
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by lucabrasi(m): 2:04am On Dec 05, 2008
nuzo:

Simple questions for you:
1. If the people i mentioned are not the mouthpieces of the Yoruba, who then is their (yoruba) mouthpiece?
2. Who is the mouthpiece of the Igbos because thats where you must have gotten your biased view on what the Igbos want, their pains and their thoughts about Biafra?

1.are you seriously sayn a couple of random posters on a nigerian social network(nland) are representing the views of well over 35million or more ethnic group or is it a trick question??
2.who the igbo mouthpiece is or are is of no conscequence here because i formed my opinions and based my comments on
a)the poster
b)several threads on here where some have called for secession/biafra
nuzo:

Lets save this history lesson for another day, but if you want, i can't send to you the history of china dating as far back as 5k-7k years ago to 2008. I sometime lecture the chinese some part of their history. True story.
Nevertheless, its clear that if nigeria adopts the chinese system of government, we will be competing with them before we know it. (idiagbon factor) Whether its a good system of governing people or not should be left for another thread.

i dont need the history of china dating as far back as 5k to 7k because they were practising a completely different form of governance, the point i am trying to make is simply that the chinese have a dominant and a minority ethnic group but did not let that come in between the quest for a great china neither did they seek to break away and form another country,i wasnt advocating for nigeria to practise the chinese system of governance even though some will point out that they have a free market capitalism and has elevated their country to what it is today
nuzo:

It will sound much reasonable if you will speak on behalf of yourself alone than speaking on behalf of the rest of nigeria on whether they hate the Igbos or not. I am Igbo, so I'm 100% sure of what I'm talking about. The hatred is clearly as a result of insecurities. I hope to be opportune to share with you guys my personal experiences with nigerians in this part of the world.
However, i;ve never lost sleep on whether anybody hates me or not, so far the vagabond don't try to harm me.

i dont know the mind of each and every nigerian and how they feel towards the ibo but like i mentioned in my comments BY A SIMPLE PROCESS OF EVALUATION AND DEDUCTION was how i came about my little hypothesis,while i dont doubt your experiences with some northerners or south westerners e.t.c who have exhibited some form of hatred towards you on account of you being ibo, you cannot generalize without any credible and conclusive evaluation that all of them or most of these ethnicities hate the ibo,
1.how come the ibos in the north live side by side with the hausas for many years untill a SUDDEN UPSURGE OR OUTBURST OF VIOLENCE?doesnt that strike you as very strange??in the united kingdom here,if you ask me what part of uk you shouldnt live i can tell you without thinking to be very careful in yorkshire area because they dont like blacks and are predominantly racist,i can tell you to be careful in stoke on trent e.t.c
the point here is that if these hausas have been wicked and blood sucking vampires like many have demonised them to be then you will agree with me these ibos/yorubas,would not have spent that long there b4 the outbreak of violence, this ties in with my assertion that the killing and destruction orgy only happens when certain fifth columnists want to destabilize these areas.

2.i dont know about you or what part of nigeria you grew up in,but one thing i know for sure from my interactions with all the tribes in nigeria is that the hausas are naturally happy go lucky,not a care in the world types of people by nature,that is why the average hausa man is content to be a mai guard,sell his sweets and biscuits by the side of your gate and listen to his bbc hausa on weekends he goes out to have a nice time(apologies to all northerners for the negative example)
if you lived in a cosmopolitan city like lagos,how many hausas have ever stepped to you or expressed some form of hatred towards you,
the rich hausas too have the same mind set and way of life as well,hausas have no reason to feel insecure because they are traditionally traders and very good ones as well same as the ibos how many ibos or yorubas are changing dollars in local airport,interntl airport e.t.c
trading in rams,tomatoes,chickens and other agricultural products
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 05, 2008
lucabrasi:

i am not justifying the killing of the man all i am saying is that each religion have thir own moral guidelines and either we agree with it or not,muslims all round the world not just nigeria take any form of in appropriate touch or reference to their quran very serious, the statement you have just uttered shows you do not respect their religion by saying a piece of paper is a piece of paper and comparing a physics text book to an holy book,like i said,i am christian and all my family are,but i always respect people's religion,cultures e.t.c
i never said i supported slaughtering,the point I'm making is that if i and many christians saw someone tear off a page of the bible and use it in cleaning off their rear eand,they ll be offended,if you live in the uk or you know anyone that does, ask them what happened when a musical about jesus christ being an homosexual came out in west end and how many white and black british/non british xtians protested, same as the novel davinci code

What makes a book holy?  The contents, the name or the print? Like I said earlier, a torn book is a torn book and is usually trashed one way or the other.  You are talking about using reason and not emotion right?  A woman saw a piece of paper and used it to clean her baby, and the only "logical" thing to do is to storm the yard, arrest an innocent man who went out for business and was just resting, then behade him and put his head on a spike.

In the protest about the Jesus film and the Davinci Code, please how many mosques were burnt and how may non Christians were slaughtered?  You need to tell me that. 

lucabrasi:

again,let me reiterate that i do not support any violence at all,but in a mob action,there is no control and people let their emotions rule over sensible reasoning, which is why its calle d"jungle justicedoes the fact that the ibos have borne the brunt discountenance the others that have been murdered in the same mayhem?

Perhaps, you need to read my post again, for I never at any time suggested that only Igbos were killed.  Let us just say I took it personal because I am really upset about the whole madness.  If your concern is that I was so particular about my kins men, well I don't think I have any apologies.  If you don't feel like mourning your dead, don't blame me for mourning mine. 

lucabrasi:

i don't profess to love nigeria more than anyone,all I'm doing is being totally objective in my thinkingagain,rather than admit that the ibos are part of the problem,you have conveniently shifted the blame of the fracas in anambra on a yoruba man, how convenient grin
so ngige,uba brothers e.t.c are not the problem again but obj all the way from ogun state, i see
anyone would think obj brought an hausa man to rule over anambra instead of fellow anambrans

I don't know where you read from my post that the Ubas and men like them were never a problem.  I only pointed out that what gave Ubas the power to make mischief, was the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT of NIGERIA led by no other person than OBJ.  As a proof, since OBJ left Aso Rock (and thank God so much for that), the Ubas have known their levels.

Yet, let me state in clearer terms:  My question is, when it was obvious that the PDP was bent on stealing our mandate (the exact thing that happened in Jos), how many mosques or churches did we burn?  How many Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, etc did we slaughter as a show of our anger?  You need to answer me that too.

lucabrasi:

thank GOD you have accepted at least for once,that maurice iwu(a bonafide 100% ibo man)is also at fault,second if you check what i have been writing in all the threads i believe that what the people behind these mayhem actually wanted is what you are doing now, blaming the north and a total destrabilisatn of the state, again it has often happened in oyo state,same thing happened in osun state in fact a friend of mine's dad had their house and cars burnt,same happened in kogi e.t.c were all these hausas as well?
why didnt they go to abuja to burn the inec office instead of houses in soun and kogi e.t.c do you see a pattern in all these happenings boith in kogi,osun,oyo,and jos?i agree there is no law that justifies the killing or burning of churches e.t.cill still answer this particular comment with what i have been trying to say all along,the almajiris are pawns being used to destabilise the various states by so called big men/politicians, ill give you an example,
we all know that ibori stole money right??
when he was brought to court for the first time,his supporters gathered a lot of people paid and they started shouting and protesting that he is being maligned and hounded because he is from south south,alams said the same thing even though we know their r corrupt, even aborishade who directly or indirectly caused the deaths of these children and people in the plane crash is sayn the same thing, point f my example is that politicians always use tribalism as a convenient excuse when it favours them and also to destabilise when things are not going their way

Your thanking God about my comment on Iwu simply proofs one thing:  You have not even cared to understand my points.  Besides that, houses were burnt in osun and kogi as a result of political aggressions, all I want to ask is this; how many churches and mosques were burnt?  How many non indigines were slaugthered?  You need to answer me that also.

People protested over Ibori and Alams, yet please answer me, how many mosques and churches were burnt?  How many Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, etc were slaughtered?  You need to answer me that too.

lucabrasi:

my believe is that,holding them responsible without the useless politicians using them as a pawn to cause destruction while his/her children are studying abroad will not put an end to the destruction,like i said in one other comment i made,do you know that a friend of mine who is core hausa and the son of one of the most prominent northern politicians is dating the daughter of a prominent politician in anambra(you understand if i can't mention names as they might be reading these)and i know for a fact that their parents know, imagine that are they not taking us for fools?yet outside these same politicians will shout either from arewa or ikenga e.t.c that they r fighting for their people

Exactly my point, let us hold a governor responsible for any of such in his state, if he doesnt want to be held responsible, then he should either work hard to stop it or simply quit.  If the state pay compensation for all the innocent lives lost and all the properties destroyed, maybe next time they'll be careful to provide security. 

and I repeat again, that there has always been mob actions and riots both in the north and the south, and alll I am asking is this, how come that of the North always result to burning churches and killing non indigines?  Please answer me.

lucabrasi:

exactly,same as mbadinuju to assasinate the nba chairman in enugu and the pregnant wife,same as the power andy uba,ngige,egwu,ume ezeoke, the pdp chairman e.t.c all ibos to commit atrocitiesin other words,you are publicly declaring now that it is better to die in the hands of assasins right, good!now will you tell that to the nba chairman enugu branch and his pregnant wife's family?

bola ige's family?funsho williams family?the 5 innocent children who just got killed in cold blood?don't forget abiola dn his wife e.t.c seeing as you don't see anything wrong in itplease try to read and understand my comments,if you don't understand then take time to ask clarification rather than jumping to unreasonable conclusions,the killings were not justified in anyway,

Then finally, the above passage is understood but you are using them out context.

When the Igwe Barrister and his wife were killed, we should had gone on ranpage and burn mosques and churches and then slaughter every non indigine we set our eyes on.

When Bola Ige was killed, his people should had gone on mob action, burn churches and mosques and slaughter every non indigine.

When Williams was killed, his people should had gone on mob action, burn churches and mosques and slaughter every non indigine.

lucabrasi:

the point I'm making here is that we shouldnt let our emotions rule our sense of fair judgement but actually focus our attention at the co ordinators"the big men orgasnisers"rather than tyhe expendables, why didnt america focus attention on the cells but bin laden and his assistants  even though they were upset at the killings of thousands at the wt centre??

why plateau state?are you saying the governor of plateau is at fault or knew about the killings??why didint america sue the saudi leader seeing as saudi citizens made the bulk of the suicide bombers?

Still my point, the ruling PDP and hence the governor cannot be exorated from this issue, hence he should be held responsible.  Also the leaders of the ANPP must be held accountable.  For your information President Yaradua is already holding the Governor responsible and has asked him not to release the election results.  Well, that is good, but I am also saying that they must pay heavy compensations for the lives and properties lost. There must be measures to put them on alert.

America went to war both in Afganisthan and Iraq, toppled their goverments and is still holding grounds until now. these are ripples of Sep 11, 2001.  The Afgan goverment was held responsible when it refused to produce Bin Laden.

So, if the Governor of Plataeu cannot produce the ring leaders of this absurdity (including the INEC officers who rigged the elections), then he should be held RESPONSIBLE.

lucabrasi:

look at your last comment,it has shown that you keep on making unreasonable comments and assertions, rather than wish you the same,ill wish no evil upon you i.e the opposite of what you wish for me

I was not wishing you evil, I was only saying that if we don't address this problem, it will continue.  If there is political thuggery in Anambra State, I can assure you that no church or mosque will be burnt and no non indigine will be attacked.  It would be between the rivals. 

I lived in Zaria for one year during NYSC, and one night there was an eclipse of the moon, and non indigines had to die.  Bros, call a spade a spade.
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by lucabrasi(m): 12:57pm On Dec 05, 2008
noblezone:

What makes a book holy? The contents, the name or the print? Like I said earlier, a torn book is a torn book and is usually trashed one way or the other. You are talking about using reason and not emotion right? A woman saw a piece of paper and used it to clean her baby, and the only "logical" thing to do is to storm the yard, arrest an innocent man who went out for business and was just resting, then behade him and put his head on a spike.

In the protest about the Jesus film and the Davinci Code, please how many mosques were burnt and how may non Christians were slaughtered? You need to tell me that.

neither you ,nor i nor anyone can make that call,the operative word here is "respect" for other's religion,culture e.t.c im sure if i was standing right in front of you and i said all anambra or ibo ppl are assholes or im making fun of your culture,you wont take it easy with me or turn away right?
AGAIN,i said i do not condone violence of any kind neither am i justifying these horrible killings but im saying that using the pages of a quran or bible to clean a baby's bum can be seen as volatile and extremely desecrating a religion, the reason why mosques or churches were not burnt abroad is obvious that there is a working system of law and order there, you think if muslims had the chance churches wouldnt be burnt in denmark over the cartoons?
noblezone:

Perhaps, you need to read my post again, for I never at any time suggested that only Igbos were killed. Let us just say I took it personal because I am really upset about the whole madness. If your concern is that I was so particular about my kins men, well I don't think I have any apologies. If you don't feel like mourning your dead, don't blame me for mourning mine.

I don't know where you read from my post that the Ubas and men like them were never a problem. I only pointed out that what gave Ubas the power to make mischief, was the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT of NIGERIA led by no other person than OBJ. As a proof, since OBJ left Aso Rock (and thank God so much for that), the Ubas have known their levels.

i agree obj gave them their powers but at the same time,they are bonafide ibos who have added/contibuted to whatever conditions their ibo brothers have met themselves which isnt obj's fault,and they wernt acting in isolation neither were they the only ibos who have looted and continue to what abut the others that have continued to loot after obj left power?
my point here is that using your own words,lets call a spade a spade and admit both ibos together with hausas and yoruba politicians are thieves who are the cause of nigeria's woes,not using obj as a justification fo anambra's looting
noblezone:

Yet, let me state in clearer terms: My question is, when it was obvious that the PDP was bent on stealing our mandate (the exact thing that happened in Jos), how many mosques or churches did we burn? How many Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, etc did we slaughter as a show of our anger? You need to answer me that too.

Your thanking God about my comment on Iwu simply proofs one thing: You have not even cared to understand my points. Besides that, houses were burnt in osun and kogi as a result of political aggressions, all I want to ask is this; how many churches and mosques were burnt? How many non indigines were slaugthered? You need to answer me that also.

pdp stole everybody's mandate cutting across ethnic and religious boundaries,so its not only in the south east,obj a yoruba president said it in equivocal terms that winning lagos state a yoruba state not anambra not enugi not imo e.t.c will be a do or die affair,the reason why you or THE YORUBAS,SOUTH SOUTH E.T.C didnt burn down mosques or churches is because the thugs used have a different mind set to the almajiris,

the thugs are most likely enlightened young men sometimes university students,who are in it strictly for the money or political patronage and most likely christians than muslims, the almajiris are dissillutioned youths who owe their existence to the imamas taking care of thier feeding,the only education they have known all their lives are the quranic teachings,flogging and the daily brainwashing by the imams as to what chrisitans and "kaffirs" are,
note that by so doing if i was the imam i can use the word"kaffir" on anyone i like, even if you r family was the most devout moslem,if i dont like you,i can get the brainwashed kids to maul you on the false charge of being a rotten "kaffir"look at western countries like the united kingdom and how young british muslims are brainwashed to be suicide bombers talk less of illiterate,poor hausa youths who have no family guidance or afiliating save to the imams

noblezone:

People protested over Ibori and Alams, yet please answer me, how many mosques and churches were burnt? How many Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, etc were slaughtered? You need to answer me that too.

Exactly my point, let us hold a governor responsible for any of such in his state, if he doesnt want to be held responsible, then he should either work hard to stop it or simply quit. If the state pay compensation for all the innocent lives lost and all the properties destroyed, maybe next time they'll be careful to provide security.

and I repeat again, that there has always been mob actions and riots both in the north and the south, and alll I am asking is this, how come that of the North always result to burning churches and killing non indigines? Please answer me.

i have answered your questions as to why mosques and churches were not burnt in other places save the north,but to simplify and illustrate further i urge you to examine briefly the difference between a typical thug in the south east,south west south south e.t.c and then compare them to the typical thug/almajiri in the north, that will be an eye opener for what i have been continually re iterating in all my comments,how dyu expect the state government to know what some politicians are planning? are you now holding him responsible for the actions or inactions of every single person in plateau state?that isnt practicla at all,why wasnt rudy guilliani the former mayor of new york being held responsible for the actions of 9/11 after all the buck stops at his desk,why wasnt the head of the muslim association in great britain held responsible for the actions of 7/7?

the reason why it doesnt result in church/mosque burning is because unlike politicians in the south who can rely on enough thugs to do their bidding with simple financial inducement,the almajiris can only be quickly induced and riled up with religious brainwashing, i tthe politician's view the church burning and killings of ibos and yorubas e.t.c is collateral damage
noblezone:

When the Igwe Barrister and his wife were killed, we should had gone on ranpage and burn mosques and churches and then slaughter every non indigine we set our eyes on.

When Bola Ige was killed, his people should had gone on mob action, burn churches and mosques and slaughter every non indigine.

When Williams was killed, his people should had gone on mob action, burn churches and mosques and slaughter every non indigine.

you are conjoining issues here,but for the sake of clarity ill try and extricate 'em,

the case of the enugu man and his wife,while politically motivated can be likened to an in house or "in state" thing for want of a better word
same as bola ige,williams e.t.c it is different from either a politician or group of politicians whose sole aim is to destabilise the state just because they have lost an election,i gave you examples of osun,kogi,oyo amongst others of places where elections have been held and politicians who disagreed with the results preffering to destabilise these states so that they can have a chance at re-election, did you know that highly placed sources have accused obanikoro a fellow pdp member as williams as the mastermind of the asasination?
mbadinuju who is a fellow easterner has been accused of the assasination as well of the lawyer,
noblezone:

Still my point, the ruling PDP and hence the governor cannot be exorated from this issue, hence he should be held responsible. Also the leaders of the ANPP must be held accountable. For your information President Yaradua is already holding the Governor responsible and has asked him not to release the election results. Well, that is good, but I am also saying that they must pay heavy compensations for the lives and properties lost. There must be measures to put them on alert.

he cannot hold the governor responsible,he can only liase with him on how to resolve the whole thing to a satisfactory conclusion, thank GOD for this comment you have made,can you see a pattern forming already?who do you think the non release of the election results will favour??
like detectives in western tv series, who has a motive or motives to destabilise the state?if you ask me i think more attention should be paid to the party that lost the elections, they are more likely to gain from the non release or cancellation of results, these are the people we should focus on because i can bet my last dime they know something about these mayhem, the almajiris have fallen victim of useless politicians with no conscience who have used them to achieve their aims and fallen victims of their own ignorance by these senseless and avoidable carnage on their fellow nigerian brothers and sisters, how many educated orenlightened hausas have you met expressing hatred towards you,or joining in the carnage and killing of ibos and yorubas?

noblezone:

America went to war both in Afganisthan and Iraq, toppled their goverments and is still holding grounds until now. these are ripples of Sep 11, 2001. The Afgan goverment was held responsible when it refused to produce Bin Laden.

So, if the Governor of Plataeu cannot produce the ring leaders of this absurdity (including the INEC officers who rigged the elections), then he should be held RESPONSIBLE.

you made the afghan/iraq comment in one breath and in another breath you have nullified your argument,has america invading iraq and afhanistan produced bin laden?same way making the governor responsible might not necessarily produce the fifth columnist behind all these mayhem
noblezone:

I was not wishing you evil, I was only saying that if we don't address this problem, it will continue. If there is political thuggery in Anambra State, I can assure you that no church or mosque will be burnt and no non indigine will be attacked. It would be between the rivals.

I lived in Zaria for one year during NYSC, and one night there was an eclipse of the moon, and non indigines had to die. Bros, call a spade a spade.

thank GOD we are agreed on one thing at least which is, this problem must be addressed and the underlying root must be rooted out as well so that there wont be a chance of it happening again,no body should be curtailed or prevented from going about their business in any state or area on account of their ethnicity or religious believes, even the deep south and the k.k.k didnt prevent blacks from working in their areas during the segregation era,however the solution is where we both differ on.
trust me i have been indirectly affected by these kind of mayhem as well(a family friend's foam/mattress factory was burnt to the ground including the man's massive house and cars,his house was looted and if not for mordern banking would have lost everything, these happened about 10-15 yrs or so ago so i know how it feels
the point im making however is that the reason why the problem has never been solved is because these same people causeing the problems(politicians and big men)have never been suspected or accused,they cause these problems,go underground and watch all of us like a movie as ibos accuse hausas,yorubas accuse hausas,yorubas and ibos disagre e.t.c
they are happy about this because that is what they want,as you can see from the comment you made yourself"yar adua has directed that the results shouldnt be released"can you see they have gained what they set out to do??the killings is just a bonus for them, so what is stopping other politicians who do not support the result of a governorship election or other local govt election and who know that paying some imams to unleash almajiris will destabilise the state causing a cancellation of the election
politicians and big men florish and make profits in anarchy, remember the statement that was credited to femi otedola sometime ago when he was alledged to have said he will rather spend millions of dollars to make sure the nigerian refineries do not work than allow it to work affecting his lucrative diesel imports.

and you dont think some people were behind the prompting of killing people for moon eclipse??you think an illiterate almajiri knows the difference between eclipse and nepa?pls lets be real here,
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 06, 2008
lucabrasi:

AGAIN,i said i do not condone violence of any kind neither am i justifying these horrible killings but I'm saying that using the pages of a quran or bible to clean a baby's bum can be seen as volatile and extremely desecrating a religion, the reason why mosques or churches were not burnt abroad is obvious that there is a working system of law and order there, you think if muslims had the chance churches wouldnt be burnt in denmark over the cartoons?i agree obj gave them their powers but at the same time,they are bonafide ibos who have added/contibuted to whatever conditions their ibo brothers have met themselves which isnt obj's fault,and they wernt acting in isolation neither were they the only ibos who have looted and continue to what abut the others that have continued to loot after obj left power?
my point here is that using your own words,lets call a spade a spade and admit both ibos together with hausas and yoruba politicians are thieves who are the cause of nigeria's woes,not using obj as a justification fo anambra's lootingpdp stole everybody's mandate cutting across ethnic and religious boundaries,so its not only in the south east,obj a yoruba president said it in equivocal terms that winning lagos state a yoruba state not anambra not enugi not imo e.t.c will be a do or die affair,the reason why you or THE YORUBAS,SOUTH SOUTH E.T.C didnt burn down mosques or churches is because the thugs used have a different mind set to the almajiris,

the thugs are most likely enlightened young men sometimes university students,who are in it strictly for the money or political patronage and most likely christians than muslims, the almajiris are dissillutioned youths who owe their existence to the imamas taking care of their feeding,the only education they have known all their lives are the quranic teachings,flogging and the daily brainwashing by the imams as to what chrisitans and "kaffirs" are,
note that by so doing if i was the imam i can use the word"kaffir" on anyone i like, even if you r family was the most devout moslem,if i don't like you,i can get the brainwashed kids to maul you on the false charge of being a rotten "kaffir"look at western countries like the united kingdom and how young british muslims are brainwashed to be suicide bombers talk less of illiterate,poor hausa youths who have no family guidance or afiliating save to the imams

i have answered your questions as to why mosques and churches were not burnt in other places save the north,but to simplify and illustrate further i urge you to examine briefly the difference between a typical thug in the south east,south west south south e.t.c and then compare them to the typical thug/almajiri in the north, that will be an eye opener for what i have been continually re iterating in all my comments,how dyu expect the state government to know what some politicians are planning? are you now holding him responsible for the actions or inactions of every single person in plateau state?that isnt practicla at all,why wasnt rudy guilliani the former mayor of new york being held responsible for the actions of 9/11 after all the buck stops at his desk,why wasnt the head of the muslim association in great britain held responsible for the actions of 7/7?

the reason why it doesnt result in church/mosque burning is because unlike politicians in the south who can rely on enough thugs to do their bidding with simple financial inducement,the almajiris can only be quickly induced and riled up with religious brainwashing, i tthe politician's view the church burning and killings of ibos and yorubas e.t.c is collateral damage

In the above passages, you have somehow stated the issues as they are.

I hereby summarise, that it is high time that Politics and Religion are seperated by the Imams. While a pastor is more likely to teach his members, not to be any bodies thug, the Imams teach their followers that there is reward in heaven for thugery.

The presidency and the governors of the north must as a matter of urgency look into what the Imams are teaching their followers concerning destruction of lives and properties. Like I said, some people lost their lives in the North in 1996, because there was an eclipse of the moon. They came out in their numbers shouting war songs. I am still wondering how those people disrespected islam. I respect every religion, but I expect every religion to also respect mine. I respect human life, and no human should treat me as if I am a goat and more so in the name of God who made us all.

An Evangelist planned to have a crusade at Kano in 1994, he was yet to get into Kano, when churches went up in smoke and southerners (especailly my kins men) were slaughtered in hundreds. Yet, in Port harcourt were I live, moslems block roads on fridays during their prayer time and nobody harrasses them.

We see a religion that denies me my right and forces its own rights down my throat.

I have consistently said that the two major issues bedeviling Nigeria are ethnicity and religion (and that religion is Islam). We keep talking and talking with out any solution insight.

My submission is, if we cant really make it together as one nation, let us go our seperate ways in peace and stop this human sacrifice. Enough is enough.

Yet, if the so called leaders cannot read the hand writing on the wall, one day (may not be in our time) a generation (that will not condone a drop of blood of their kins men to flow for no reason), will arise and will seek a revenge. then blood will flow like never before, only it wont be the blood of "kaffir" only. It would more of the blood of those who are born to maim, kill, dominate and rule.

Now is the time to learn from history and act for the sake of the future.

I rest my case.
Re: The Jos Tragedy: If I Were The Anambra State Governor by lucabrasi(m): 5:00pm On Dec 06, 2008
@noblezone
now you are getting what i have been trying to say,do you notice that nowhere in your first couple of sentences did you mention tribe or tribalism??can you see what im trying to say now that the problem is not about tribe but politics?

while you have made a very very excellent suggestion for politics and religion to be seperate,do you honestly think the politicians in the north who gain from all these problems will agree with you?

while majority of the victims of these conflicts are ibos,many of the almajiris who do not know better and have been tricked are victims as well not winners, the winners are the politicians sitting in their mansions now laughing at us all fighting within ourselves, for instance when egwu or uba or ume ezeoke,victor umeh e.t.c all see the cameras,they will pretend as if they are fighting for you ibos interests,calling for ibos to have equal rights and what not, in private they are the same ones that will go and have meetings with these same hausa politicians on how to steal all our money,during the various pdp campaigns in the east,go back and find the pictures and you will see how many hausa politicians were there,

the reason why these religious riots happen is because of some rich northerners and politicians interests and gains from such upheavals, let us ask ourselves, what single thing has the almajiris gained from all these troubles?will you kill hundreds of people to steal their setees,household goods,tvs and videos?? even if i want your properties,after killing your people what sense is there in turning round to burn all these same properties?
you get what im trying to say?
the human sacrifice is being done by the coniviance of a few individuals namely politicians/businessmen and the more we do not focus on the real issue here and run it down then the situation is still unresolved,

(1) (Reply)

Is There A Governor In Ogun State Check This Out / 500 Militants From Edo State Seek Inclusion In Amnesty Programme / How Nigerians, Others Exploit Rights Law To Remain In Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 305
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.