Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,365 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Sterling Bank Online Test - Jobs/Vacancies (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sterling Bank Online Test (246195 Views)

Solidhire Invitation For Online Test @PHEDC. / December 13 Sterling Bank Online Test A Massive Flop / Diamond Bank's Online Application Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by orieoda(m): 12:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
kaybams1:
Though I passed the test, I still feel this test is unfair. The bank preyed on the anxiety of people and used it against them. I don't really agree that this stuff is a 'Test of attention to details' as opined by the bank because given the context of a messed up server and a limited time, 'Read all questions before answering them' is most likely to be interpreted as reading Each questions carefully before answering. It was a dubious and misleading test and I still believe sterling should have done better than this.

You right bro and perhaps, this aspect of their congratulatory message "Please note that advancement is a combination of your test score and your profile evaluation" is making me to start cogitating on the reality and authenticity of their recruitment exercise. I hope there wont be foul play and 'hanky-panky' game on the longrun... cool

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by seniormallam(m): 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
even though i failed the test i doubt if im gonna take up a marketing job with them.
Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by otabsky: 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
kaybams1:
Though I passed the test, I still feel this test is unfair. The bank preyed on the anxiety of people and used it against them. I don't really agree that this stuff is a 'Test of attention to details' as opined by the bank because given the context of a messed up server and a limited time, 'Read all questions before answering them' is most likely to be interpreted as reading Each questions carefully before answering. It was a dubious and misleading test and I still believe sterling should have done better than this.

Dubious is indeed the word. Had they put "Answer" and "Read Next" together, it would have made more sense because most people wouldn't have known you can go to the next question by clicking "Next" without answering the question at all. In other tests,that's not even possible.
Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by rollydex: 12:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
I just passed it, the website is still open guys.
Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by amarige(m): 12:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
I was just able to log into d website, it's telling me am not scheduled for this time. My session had passed. In all, it is well.
Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by seniormallam(m): 12:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
rollydex:
I just passed it, the website is still open guys.
prepare for marketing, target things
Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by bose89: 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
Tried all I could, yet I was unable to log in..I'm just hoping they will reschedule...
Meanwhile, does anybody have their customer care contact or mail so I can table my complaints
Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by CharlyG1: 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
They said.. 'Read all questions before you begin this test'.. Then they said 'Click Start Test below to begin when ready...

They tried to outsmart several of us but failed woefully in doing so by constructing bad English.. These people need English lessons undecided

2 Likes

Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by rollydex: 12:24pm On Apr 18, 2015
seniormallam:
prepare for marketing, target things
lols
Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by stynhaq(m): 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
the test link should have been: http://sterlingbankng.com/testcenter/quiz/

not the one in the email which never worked.

discovered this 12:01. Then it was too late
Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by bose89: 12:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
Still not able to login ..
Can somebody pls help
Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by samkori: 12:32pm On Apr 18, 2015
pls can someone log in again nw to try it. A friend called me dat his time was reset back to 20minutes and was able to write and he passed.
Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
stynhaq:

Exactly? I just realized that. The bank is full of confusion
Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by alexis9: 12:35pm On Apr 18, 2015
stynhaq:

...exactly...the mail before the login details was the exact link
Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 18, 2015
stynhaq:

But why will they send a fake link? Thru should go eat their job. Arrant nonsense
Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by stynhaq(m): 12:37pm On Apr 18, 2015
dorothy111:

But why will they send a fake link? Thru should go eat their job. Arrant nonsense

Very stupid and incompetent. They can't be serious.
Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by tunery004(m): 12:37pm On Apr 18, 2015
I suffered today ehnn, used fone, went to cafe with d last money on me, time elapsed, went to ATM withdrew bought anoda tym, yet I cudnt finish. Sterling na wah
Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 18, 2015
stynhaq:

Very stupid and incompetent. They can't be serious.
I dove my hat for Sterling for their cluelessness

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 18, 2015
test was a scam. no where did it say answer only question 17. took a screen shot, see pic at https://www.nairaland.com/2263702/sterling-bank-test-big-scam
Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by seniormallam(m): 12:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
dorothy111:

I dove my hat for Sterling for their cluelessness
is GEJ their chairman? clue clue clue lesssssssssssss
Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by realbee(m): 12:46pm On Apr 18, 2015
I was finally able 2 finish & passed, used all browsers on my laptop, e no work, run 2 phone, chrome, uc browser, next, all 2 no avail. I tried operamini by 11:50 and alas! d thing dey go small small. I actually finished 20mins past 12, D time just restart after running out at 1st. thanx 2 my usually abandoned opera mini.
Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by bolajibanks(m): 12:49pm On Apr 18, 2015
kaybams1:

You have spoken well... my brother.... That wasn't a test for detail attention. Anxiety was the order of the day. As such, they could have invited us all and take the test at once and will see that we all are going to fail

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by Xaviers(m): 12:54pm On Apr 18, 2015
im so sure they would lose alot of qualified candidates with this sham of a test... rubbish!!

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by bolajibanks(m): 12:58pm On Apr 18, 2015
Yea, As far as I'm concerned they did not get to choose the right candidate but just to reduce the number of candidates applying. Secondly there was a wrong usage of English and mislead us by not inserting a previous button to be sure we can read all before answering questions. Fools!!! Life goes on..
After all they are using 6month to conduct one recruitment exercise... who know when they will contact them again. Shameful Org.
Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by lopzy(f): 1:03pm On Apr 18, 2015
enyinna4:

how did u do it?
I just followed the tip from here and luck too.
Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by seniormallam(m): 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2015
THEY WILL END UP RECRUITING YAHOO BOYZ THAT INSTEAD OF TAKING D TEST THEY WHERE BUSY REFRESHING NAIRALAND UNTIL THEY GET THE CLUE B4 STARTING, CONGRATS TO STARLNG.......

2 Likes

Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by exurbia(m): 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2015
orieoda:
grin grin grin grin grin
JUST DID MINE...
Dear Isaac,

This phase was intended to test your ability to pay attention to detail and follow instructions.

Congratulations, you have PASSED this phase and have shown us that you can be a part of the Sterling Bank team where attention to detail is a huge requirement.

The recruitment unit will now begin the process of evaluating your profile and contact you, if your profile is a strategic fit, on the next steps.

Please note that advancement is a combination of your test score and your profile evaluation.
Thank you for accepting our invitation to be part of this exercise.

Signed,
The One Customer Bank.

Dear Isaac,
Talking about attention to details, sterling you should have improved from your last experience we had with you when doing this test.
important pages were not opening very well and you claimed to have written instructions to follow when writing the test, you didnt consider the fact that if the same problem re occur like the last time , then the credibility of this test is automatically dented.
the best option if you really want to be fair is to reschedule this test just as you did last time, both for those that did well and those that do not. that is really the meaning of 'Attention to Details'.

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2015
u21day:
test was a scam. no where did it say answer only question 17. took a screen shot, see pic at https://www.nairaland.com/2263702/sterling-bank-test-big-scam

quite interesting my post has been taking down. is it wrong to speak the truth. they was no where written that answer question 17 alone. I took a screen shot of the instructions before i started. scam scam scam.

3 Likes

Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by automophosis(m): 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2015
customercare@starlingbanking.com

2 Likes

Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by amordiguys(m): 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
customercare@sterlingbankng.com not "banking"
Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by donkunzman: 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
Instruction number 2 says read all questions
u21day:

quite interesting my post has been taking down. is it wrong to speak the truth. they was no where written that answer question 17 alone. I took a screen shot of the instructions before i started. scam scam scam.
Re: Sterling Bank Online Test by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 18, 2015
is there possibility for the test to be rescheduled for those who cldnt write? i got this message as i tried logging in

"Sorry.. You're not
scheduled for this time.
You may login between 2015-04-18 at 10:00AM and 2015-04-18 at 12:00PM
The Current time is 01:06PM"

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (73) (Reply)

Where Do Science Laboratory Technology Graduates Work? / Heritage Bank Aptitude Test On April 13, 2013 / Ikeja Electric - Electricity Sales Representatives: Invitation For Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.