Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,154 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? (8310 Views)

How Is Religion Not A Form Of Mental Illness At Times? / How A Christian Became Jihadi-minded Muslimah Before Seeing The Truth / I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by manmustwac(m): 4:49pm On Dec 30, 2008
@post
because church IN NIGERIA is a business institution, STUPID!!!
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by segyemaro(m): 9:32am On Jan 06, 2009
i agree with you.
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by segyemaro(m): 11:25am On Jan 09, 2009
not only completing forms but also be given an appointment when to see the pastor,is this soppose to be so?
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by duduspace(m): 3:57am On Jan 11, 2009
@poster

Because you made them demagogues and now you have to bow to the demagogues you created.
Have you asked yourself the question why you need to see a pastor in the first instance?
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by jamace(m): 9:34pm On Jan 11, 2009
Unemployment is the cause of all this rubbish. angry sad embarassed
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by Epiphany(m): 7:35pm On Jan 13, 2009
Why do we need to fill forms (book appointments) to see governors, doctors, dentists, our lecturers (for those in Universities) or even business partners? It is because they also have other things to do, rather than sit idle all day waiting for us to come and visit them. They need to schedule particular times to attend to business issues, health problems, assignments, etc. Also, pple like doctors may need to study your casefile. Pple like the lecturer may need to revise the topic for which you want to come and see him.

Relating this to pastors, filling out a form may just be a way of putting some ORDER into his day. If he has particular functions he needs to attend to, ceremonies he needs to preach in, babies he needs to dedicate and even family members he needs to attend to, should he not get your name down on a form to schedule a time for you to be able to see him? Fine, there are some 'family' pastors whose offices you can walk into anytime anyday, but imagine you want to see pastors like Adeboye, Oyedepo, Adefarasin, Okonkwo. Do you think you will just walk into their offices like you are entering your brothers bedroom?

Another reason to fill forms may be to ascertain what kind of 'counselling' you may need or if you are just one of those gossip folk who want to come and wast the pastors time. If they see that your case is not a serious one, why not attend to issues that need urgent attentions eg. someone has just died and his/her family needs urgent attention, whereas you want to go to the pastor to tell him that he should pray for you because you have a headache. Of course, when you fill your form, you will be kept at the back of the line.

Ok, ok, ok, i have written too much now. But seriously, this form thing can get out of hand with some pastors or people. They may take it to mean something else. It may not be necessary at times and some 'small' pastors may make it out to be some form of self fulfillment, maybe trying to make themselves more important than they are.
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by osisi2(f): 2:03am On Jan 16, 2009
debosky amd epiphany are perhaps the only Christians that have replied on this thread.The rest are either seat warmers or flat out ignorant.
What is wrong in a secretary scheduling appointments for members to see the pastor?
Must everything in Naija be chaotic
what's wrong with structure and time management?
No wonder our place is the way it is.
What makes anyone think it's Ok to just walk into a pastor's office anytime he/she wants ?
No wonder some of you folks carry your bags and bagagge and land at a relatives house unannounced and uninvited with no set time of departure.
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by segyemaro(m): 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2009
osisi,you are already sounding like a pastor
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by marvisken: 4:39pm On Jan 20, 2009
i dont think i have seen anywere in the Bible were people completes form to see Jesus Christ and we are soppose to do things just like him,pls i stand to be corrected.
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by smurf1(f): 8:02pm On Jan 21, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by segyemaro(m): 8:19pm On Jan 21, 2009
lets be frank
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:29am On Jan 22, 2009
na wa O!! embarassed  embarassed  pastors when dey claim Claim!. shocked ,you know,they are affraid to give money to the needy.;but with the form filling, they can easily send their receptionist to ask them useless questions ,they normally ask if someone have an appointement with the pastor or for other purpose,but if na money case,them go pretend say them nor understand wetin you dey talk.the form filling before seeing the pastors are patern of descriminting those that are in needy,having the mind to see the pastor for help!,this is just the whole true!!@thread.
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by osisi2(f): 3:34am On Jan 22, 2009
marvis ken:

i dont think i have seen anywere in the Bible were people completes form to see Jesus Christ and we are soppose to do things just like him,pls i stand to be corrected.

Neither did I read where he ate akara, drank akamu or danced makossa yet you do.
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by segyemaro(m): 5:10pm On Jan 22, 2009
osisi wat wxactly do you mean,cos you ve not made any point.
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by Iknowwhoim(m): 8:52am On Jan 26, 2009
Believers & Priesthood

In the Body of Christ, there are no class or hierarchical divisions. The only real distinction is maturity in your walk and time spent in His presence (Acts 4:13). There is no mandate or requirement to have some believers differentiated (i.e. elevated) by ordination or theological/seminary training (John 7:15)

Sir can you explain why Jesus chose 12 disciples out of a multitude and called them Apostles? Among the twelve, there was an inner 3 and a closest John.

Can you also explain Eph 4:11, He gave gift to men and to some apostles, to some prophets, to some evangelist to some pastors and teachers, for the perfecting of the saints for the work of the ministry. Is that not a differentiation, for a purpose?

Can you further explain why God does not have a flat hierarchy, as in God, angels, man are not all on the same level if there are no hierarchichal divisions?

I think I know God is orderly and designed hierarchy.
Don't be too simple minded thinking that all men or all christians are equal.

They are not. The fruits of righteousness you bear sets you apart from all other, and God recognises that.

I also think your statement "The only real distinction" allude to the fact that there can not be equality in calling and function.
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by temi4rea(f): 11:37am On Jan 26, 2009
Whoa!

Well its just filling not selling of forms.

Well in my church,u just fix an appointment wth the pastor not more.
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by segyemaro(m): 6:16pm On Jan 26, 2009
temi are u sure?cos these pastors are too egoish,they wont see you not until you complete a form.
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by segyemaro(m): 6:18pm On Jan 26, 2009
temi are u sure?cos these pastors are too egoish,they wont see you not until you complete a form.
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by apotieri4(f): 8:28pm On Jan 26, 2009
rather than stay here and wonder why we should complete a form before seeing a pastor, i think if we work on ourselves and build up our spiritual lives we would not even think of seeing a pastor cos we would be able 2 do what the pastors are doing. So lets ask 4 God's grace which is sufficient 4 us @!all tymes.
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by MrCrackles(m): 8:36pm On Jan 26, 2009
Who the fuc,k in hell are pastors anyway? angry angry

Who the flying fuc.k do they think they are
?
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by temi4rea(f): 12:48pm On Jan 27, 2009
Yea am very sure abt that,

MrCrackles:

Who the fuc,k in hell are pastors anyway? angry angry

Who the flying fuc.k do they think they are
?

U might end up be one, u cant say u knw.
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by segyemaro(m): 6:32pm On Feb 09, 2009
Temi dont be too harsh
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:30am On Feb 10, 2009
Fuc*k the Pastors in the ''Mad House'' brb undecided undecided Hey!,dont be decieved anymore.
the Church is the Most intelligent money Bussiness on board.  They are just Covering_up in the name of God ,or something they called Jesus Christa.Satan has been keeping it busy with Bussiness since all these yrs.

i can proove it more better if you want,this is how One_Rugged pastor out here wanna show is talent in priority not until i taught him some lesson by breaking his head with bottle,Haha!,by now i think he never fuc**k with me with preaching anymore because he got the lesson i taught him.

i told him that is been along time and he cant really deceive me like the Others , and Now guest what??.
hes now in the right hand path.,hes a proud member in the C.O.S
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by MrCrackles(m): 1:33am On Feb 10, 2009
temi 4 rea:

U might end up be one, u cant say u knw.

End up being one? U be God
?
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by dayokanu(m): 2:20am On Feb 10, 2009
20 people want to see the pastor at once.

WOnt it be more orderly if they fill out forms and get invited in one-after the other?
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by Kx: 11:49am On Feb 10, 2009
For ppl who do see them,they see if u want to see a native/witch doctor,u fill no form neida do u book appointment.
Its sad that though majority of the pastors do it purely for administration basis,visitors are asked to eida fill a form or book appointment to see them.
I had an experience some years ago,I went to see a pastor for some real challenges.I felt my career was turning apart due to a decision I made and I needed somebody to talk to,a man of God to be precise.
I went to a neiboring church (on Monday),which I did fellowship once in a while and to my shock,I was asked to book appointment to see the man of God some days ahead,that that particular day I came was fully "booked".

Ask me,was is necessary to book appointment?
I left there in annoyance and talked to my God myself and talked to my self too.

The concern here is when somebody wants to see a pastor in this jet age,the reasons are always time bound.
If a marraiage is crashing and u have to wait one week to get advice or counselling from a man of God,is that marriage rift ever gona be resovled
in time to avert further damage?

I think "fellowship" which the opportunity that counselling seesion brings should not be meddled with on the alter of appointment and booking ahead.
If early christians had done that,I do not think,"saints" and "sinners" alike would have worshipped together in the same church.
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by temi4rea(f): 3:22pm On Feb 10, 2009
MrCrackles:

End up being one? U be God
?

No i no be God,most men of God no ever think say them go be one!

Na so the thing dey happen na calling!
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by Image123(m): 5:01pm On Feb 10, 2009
If early christians had done that,I do not think,"saints" and "sinners" alike would have worshipped together in the same church.

Is this a joke? Where did you hear this one in the early church
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by segyemaro(m): 5:17pm On Feb 10, 2009
ogaga,what do you mean by COS?
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by segyemaro(m): 5:18pm On Feb 10, 2009
ogaga,what do you mean by COS?
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:51pm On Feb 12, 2009
Church of Satan''COS'' if founded 1966 by Magus Anton Szandor LaVey,we are the first above-ground organization in history openly dedicated to the acceptance of Man’s true nature—that of a carnal beast, living in a cosmos which is permeated and motivated by the Dark Force which we call Satan
Re: Why Must We Complete A Form Before Seeing A Pastor? by Easypizzy(f): 12:37pm On Feb 16, 2009
Na wa o forms ke, never seen that,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Moses, Mohammed, Isis, Shekau: Stop The Hypocrisy Now!!! / Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names / 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.