Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo (17967 Views)

MTN Fueled Boko Haram Insurgency - President Buhari / Niger Delta Amnesty Due To End In December- Buhari / How I Would Have Handled Boko Haram - Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by goldfish80(m): 11:15am On Dec 11, 2014
If this book hits the stands, it will sell a million copies in seconds. It might even out sell Chinua Achebe's There was a country, given the fact that the book has been demonized and banned by the courts which have inevitably popularized the book.
I hope Gen Babangida gets inspired and write an autobiograph before he dies. Just like Obj, IBB has so much to say am interested to hear.

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by Guyman02: 11:25am On Dec 11, 2014
Hate him or like him, Baba is an insider in the business.

2 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by saint047(m): 11:29am On Dec 11, 2014
grin grin

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 11, 2014
OBJ is a big fat liar, see how hez washing his hands off things he was involved in. Trying to paint the bull's eye on many. Wasn't it under his watch that amnesty was given to niger delta militants? So why is he talking like a saint. He was the one who sent GEJ to meet dem boiz in niger delta so as to put an end to their destruction of oil facilities. That guy talks with the two sides of his mouth.
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by Wallade(m): 11:39am On Dec 11, 2014
Let us agree that injustice brought about militancy in the south-south region, the amnesty programme was introduced and is running till date but how effective has it been.
Oil/petroleum products bunkering and stealing is still on the rise. The money pumped into amnesty programme enriches the accounts of a few not the majority, the pipelines monitoring and security contract agreement with Tompolo and others are enriching them to the point that they can finance heavy artillery and arsenal acquisition in a war against the nation should they wish so in later days.
The boko haram cause is difficult to understand but definitely must have been fueled by the thought that - taking up arms and war against the nation yielded funds, amnesty programme and mouth-watering contracts for the Niger-Delta fighters and folks. Hence the same approach is expected to yield results for Boko Haram struggle. The people of Niger-Delta are still experiencing the hardship they endured over the years because only a few benefited from the struggle.
I am strongly against the Boko Haram and Niger-Delta militancy struggle especially in the form of violence, crimes and treason.

I am not disappointed in GEJ because he is exactly what I anticipated, he is the same person who has been tested in severbal capacity - Deputy Gov, Governor, Vice President and Executive President. He remained of the same character in all capacity so I don't expect any new or different GEJ. I never voted for him, I will never vote for him & I wish GEJ's tenure can end in 2015.

3 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 11, 2014
Nctrice:
OBJ should be jailed, if not for any thing, for the mere fact that he leveled Odi. I believe if he were not a past president GEJ would have taught him a lesson...
...sadly, ''Goody'' wouldn't. Reason Obj's monkeying about lipsrsealed. If, Buhari should get in there, he can only whimper into oblivion grin sad sad sad lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by holatin(m): 11:56am On Dec 11, 2014
flexing11:

u are rite bro,
tanx sir
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by major466(m): 12:03pm On Dec 11, 2014
So according to OBJ, Yar'adua started boko haram? OBJ himself is completely clueless.
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by major466(m): 12:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
prettyboi1989:
OBJ is a big fat liar, see how hez washing his hands off things he was involved in. Trying to paint the bull's eye on many. Wasn't it under his watch that amnesty was given to niger delta militants? So why is he talking like a saint. He was the one who sent GEJ to meet dem boiz in niger delta so as to put an end to their destruction of oil facilities. That guy talks with the two sides of his mouth.
Don't mind him. He's trying to absolve himself from Boko Haram. This man is becoming too senile. It was under his administration that the northern states declared sharia law and he did nothing about it. Boko Haram started immediately in 2002 soon after that. He should bury his head in shame for failing his responsibilities.
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by jacabi(m): 12:18pm On Dec 11, 2014
Bunsky:
Ami ni.lol
Ó dáa na. O yáa ba wa kowó bo àwon tó ku lénu kí nwon so tenu won fáráyé.
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
jacabi:

Ó dáa na. O yáa ba wa kowó bo àwon tó ku lénu kí nwon so tenu won fáráyé.
you sabi yoruba gan,abeg you go teach me?
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by jacabi(m): 12:46pm On Dec 11, 2014
Bunsky:
you sabi yoruba gan,abeg you go teach me?
Kó sí wàháálà.
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 11, 2014
jacabi:

Kó sí wàháálà.
ok,tnx.
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by TexasR: 1:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
OBJ again shocked shocked
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by TexasR: 1:16pm On Dec 11, 2014
Guyman02:
Hate him or like him, Baba is an insider in the business.

Boko harm business or the bigness of talking shyte?
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by jerome4u(m): 1:21pm On Dec 11, 2014
GodMode:

They killed peeps... Destroying oil pipes leads to scarcity which leads to increase in prices which leads to inflation which leads to peeps been unable to pay for their basic needs which leads to sickness/death.
. My guy even if oil stop flowing in nigeria, nigeria will still survive, At list what u just said now is better than those idiot up north who goes to churches, mosques, markets to bomb innocent nigeria , Mind u BK has killed up 13000 plus Nigeria, Apart from soldiers that fought with the Niger delta millitants, hw innocent citizen did u hear them killed ?
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by chigoizie7(m): 1:25pm On Dec 11, 2014
macpetrus:
Am going to advise ObJ to stop talking. Obj is the primary cause of the problem in the Niger Delta, Obj killed and burn down a own village in Bayelsa State just because the villager refuse the oil worked from working, due to the damage cause by the oil spillage on their farm land.

Obj where are you when GEJ offer Amnesty to Boko harram.. I guess you are busy feeding you pig in ota Farm!

he should stop talking? seriously? he has already pened all these down. its virtually in most bookshops across the nation.even pdf versions. i am soo so sori for the death of ur people in bayelsa, obj is really a devil, but dat doesn't stop us from knowing that gej is also clueless.

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by pashulli1994: 1:34pm On Dec 11, 2014
Sincerely Obasanjo is becoming utmostly unelderly and more like amechinistic mouthed gorvenor of Rivers. With his mannar of approach to national issues, I can't but say Nigerians should be very careful cause I could sense that his motives can set us against ourselves.
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by GodMode: 1:37pm On Dec 11, 2014
jerome4u:
. My guy even if oil stop flowing in nigeria, nigeria will still survive, At list what u just said now is better than those idiot up north who goes to churches, mosques, markets to bomb innocent nigeria , Mind u BK has killed up 13000 plus Nigeria, Apart from soldiers that fought with the Niger delta millitants, hw innocent citizen did u hear them killed ?

BH has killed more than that... U've heard of peeps BH has killed cos its been publicised...

If oil stops flowing in Nigeria its the people that will suffer.. Nigeria produces oil yet oil is very expensive locally..

Imagine how expensive it'll be if the oil suddenly disappears
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by yoged(m): 2:05pm On Dec 11, 2014
macpetrus:
Am going to advise ObJ to stop talking. Obj is the primary cause of the problem in the Niger Delta, Obj killed and burn down a own village in Bayelsa State just because the villager refuse the oil worked from working, due to the damage cause by the oil spillage on their farm land.

Obj where are you when GEJ offer Amnesty to Boko harram.. I guess you are busy feeding you pig in ota Farm!
I don't blame you. The truth is bitter

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by macpetrus(m): 2:20pm On Dec 11, 2014
yoged:
I don't blame you. The truth is bitter

Yes the truth is bitter when u can't even see or taste the Truth..
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 11, 2014
GodMode:

They killed peeps... Destroying oil pipes leads to scarcity which leads to increase in prices which leads to inflation which leads to peeps been unable to pay for their basic needs which leads to sickness/death.

Logic of someone who used to walk to school bare-footed and always seen playing football with gmelina seeds when class is on.
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by anukulapo: 4:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
On this fact,OBJ no miss am. Walahi. my friend and I still concluded the same fact this morning while analysing some political issues.
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by toy1980: 4:24pm On Dec 11, 2014
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by Mckennedy: 5:01pm On Dec 11, 2014
TheRealMrStan:

http://www.informationng.com/2014/12/obasanjos-autobiography-niger-delta-amnesty-programme-fuelled-boko-haram-insurgency.html

OBJ we still remember your action against odi ppl just because of their own God gifted oil...time shall tell..
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by Duru1(m): 5:51pm On Dec 11, 2014
Nigeria’s problems are rooted in pre-Nigeria’s independence and surfaced in post-Nigeria’s independence in 1966. Olusegun Obasanjo is one of the living problems of Nigeria.
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by farano(f): 10:12am On Dec 12, 2014
Obinoscopy:
I totally agree with OBJ on this.
I learnt that you've found your soulmate cheesy When are you inviting us? wink
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by pat077: 11:35am On Dec 12, 2014
i don't blame this old man, i blame Abacha 4 nt executing him on time.
Re: Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo by theM16: 9:26pm On Dec 13, 2014
skydeexie:

I am ashamed of Mr Obasanjo. Had he stopped the beginning of Sharia Rule introduced by the then Governor of Zamfara State, Nigeria and Nigerians would have been spared the senseless killings we are witnessing today, not that this would have stopped the religious motivated killings altogether, but at least it would have gone a long way to stabilize the North. Nigeria is a secular country, why do we have the Islamic sharia provision in the constitution? He had the Constitutional power, the Armed forces, the Judiciary, the Politicians and most of all the populace behind him to stopped the introduction of Sharia BUT HE DID NOT. Why is he crying foul now. Has he forgotten to soon his own atrocities while he was at the helm of affairs - Odi, Zakibiam, $16billion spent to provide electricity that could not be accounted for, etc, etc? Matter of fact, Obasanjo is the REAL CLUELESS leader Nigeria has ever had. He should go and study Islam well before commenting on Boko Haram.

As for the Niger Deltans, let him tell us what solution he would have proposed. Well not to go too far, I think I know - he would have ordered for complete carpet bombing of the Niger Delta Creek region - some solution indeed!

Sharia has nothing to do with BH. Way b4 the sharia ish northerners v always bn aggressive and mayb violent. The point the stupid amnesty for ND was so wrong. Afta creating the NDDC, y not develop the area thru that, but no, the same thieves like tompolo and co are the ones stealing the money

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kwara To Have A Textile Industry, Creating 3000 Local Jobs (pictures) / Policeman Who Shot Bamidele At Ekiti APC Rally Dismissed - Police / 2000 PDP Members Will Welcome Buhari To Ebonyi – Gov Umahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.