Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,153 members, 7,842,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross (43638 Views)

Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan / The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC / PDP Tenders Evidence Buhari's Certificate Is Forged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by sukkot: 12:39pm On Dec 12, 2014
Geehan:
To some extent I agree with u...not every1 can make a nice speech like JF kennedy, or can pull oratory stunts like Martin Luther King but still he needs to work on his poise....Just my opinion.
na poise we wan chop ? abeg go and siddon somewhere. ewu nama like you angry undecided
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by mauriceju2(m): 12:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
Exactly what is happening to Johnathan, there is a good bill that will change the oil industries in Nigeria but the northern law makers refuse to sign it into law because it did not favor them and their American customers, tell me how Buhari will do his own, his worshipers are telling us that Buhari will change everything as if this is a military government, you cannot deceive us, Buhari is not a solution to Nigeria problem
deji68:
True for people who know the difference , as a military ruler u can do what u like, .....under democracy u are bound by laws, and decision making is a long process, so if u achieve so little as military ruler, how can u achieve much in short time span as a democratic president cool cool

1 Like

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Geehan(f): 12:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
sukkot:
na poise we wan chop ? abeg go and siddon somewhere. ewu nama like you angry undecided
U most be from SDK blog....thats where one guy always rant Ewu..ewu ewu.... Ewu papa grin
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by kino: 12:58pm On Dec 12, 2014
acenazt:
They see A Man with The Ghadafi ideal. They see a man with his Nation's interest at heart. Kai in fact May Fire gut out BBC's head office for this nonsense.
For expressing his opinion fire should gut out their office. Violence Violence Violence is what u northerns preach. As a non partisan citizen the more violence u preach the more likely I will vote GEJ till 2019

2 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by sukkot: 1:02pm On Dec 12, 2014
Geehan:
U most be from SDK blog....thats where one guy always rant Ewu..ewu ewu.... Ewu papa grin
end time blog. i need to go check that blog out. post link grin grin
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Geehan(f): 1:14pm On Dec 12, 2014
sukkot:
end time blog. i need to go check that blog out. post link grin grin
http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/?m=1

1 Like

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by sukkot: 1:18pm On Dec 12, 2014
Geehan:
tanks sweerie. let me go check for mr ewu in there cheesy
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Nsonso: 1:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
Buhari has no future for Nigeria; he is just after power and he is on a revenge mission.

1 Like

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by sukkot: 1:20pm On Dec 12, 2014
Geehan:
first article in blog. nigerian man sprays over 4 million dollars in party in philadelphia shocked shocked shocked

http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2014/12/nigerian-men-spray-over-4000000-in.html?m=1
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by ak47mann(m): 1:21pm On Dec 12, 2014
still wonder how buhari can stop terrorist bombing his people up north to much blood spill in that region cool
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Geehan(f): 1:27pm On Dec 12, 2014
sukkot:
first article in blog. nigerian man sprays over 4 million dollars in party in philadelphia shocked shocked shocked

http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2014/12/nigerian-men-spray-over-4000000-in.html?m=1
grin grin
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by vanunu: 1:35pm On Dec 12, 2014
It is sad that most people don't know nigeria's problem and how to tackle it.

Over-population is the biggest problem that nigeria has, we are a country of over 170 million people, while england is not up to 55million, though in 1960 both countries population was just 50m. Nobody is talking about population , and yet the expect progress.

Another problem we have is lack of technology, how do we create jobs without progress
in technology, it is simply impossible, only a fool will believe that gej or buhari will solve nigeria's problem.

Corruption is another problem, but the fact remains that even if nigeria is 90% corruption free, only very little will change, there still be massive unemployment because the country has not embraced technology, productivity will still be low.

It will take upto six years or even more, for power supply to become stable, and that depends on whether the govt will be able to complete a new trasmission grid.

The fact remains that things will not get better in the next fouryears , whether gej or buhari is there or not. I pity buharis fans , they will be disappointed. There is no miracle in economic transformation, it is only long term planning, work and disciple that transforms a country

2 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by kayalcomp: 1:39pm On Dec 12, 2014
They hardly carry any good news about Nigeria.
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by goldfish27(m): 2:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
DonaldGenes:

I don't need to recalibrate all what iSaid if you can't see, hear, read, analyze someone's body language...

His Name alone will sent jitters down those who wish to loot our treasury

No1 says his plan/secret to d public till he/she is given change to execute it....has GEJ fixed any problem since....we Nigerians are so use to hard life, corruption, lies they we are so scared of change...If truth be told Buhari and GEJ has no comparison....Buhari for change...he has rule and we can all attest to dat....I think its time for Nigerians to do away with religion difference, tribalism n sentiments cos it has been killing n is still sinking Nigeria till date we should all put Nigeria 1st....pls if u don't think about urself pls think of that of ur future generation cos PDP (papa dupe pikin) has n will never guarantee the future......pls put Nigeria 1st n Vote for change and Oga Buhari is the beginning of a better Nigeria....
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 12, 2014
Zoharariel:

Thank you, my brother. The American & the British governments know GMB is a bad market for their agenda.

They know GMB will not hesitate to sideline & cut them off, just like he did to them in 1984, resulting in the I.B.B coup d'etat in August 1985, which was a C.I.A & MI6 backed plot.

Our concern now should be GMB's safety because we do not need star gazers & astrologers to tell us the C.I.A & MI6 will throw hits at him again just like they attempted in Kaduna.
Shut up and stop praising a former dictator! You are so primitive and silly in your peasant nature that you look out of place. I can not imagine a modern person speaking like this in a public forum thinking he is making sense when he is not. That country is deceiving you. Please...

Your idea is about another coup d'etat and I am surprised how you intentionally compliment such dastard for his action in the past. People like you are not looking for the progress of that nation. You need to be put in jail for a very long time for threatening the country with a coup.

1 Like

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by steveben7(m): 2:28pm On Dec 12, 2014
mikeansy:
all this people saying Buhari will fix Nigeria should watch the video above and see if they see a leader to lookup to.

The paper he is reading was clearly written by someone else and he deliever the speech like he does not even believe in it.

If I am Jonathan all I will do is engage Buhari as many times as possible on live TV and lets see how anyone else other than his obvious base will vote for him.
ur jonathan can nt stand buhari to debate on TV, d last ur jona didn't turn up for debate it seems u no little about d man GMB
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by SergeAlain: 2:29pm On Dec 12, 2014
My guy you are making too much sense. Do you school in France?

I have been telling everyone who cares to listen that an average power plant of 1,000 Mw (about 10% of what we need right now) will take 3-4 years from design to operation, and will cost about $1b.

However people prefer populist ranting and promises to fix problems overnight.

vanunu:

Over-population is the biggest problem that nigeria has, we are a country of over 170 million people, while england is not up to 55million, though in 1960 both countries population was just 50m. Nobody is talking about population , and yet the expect progress.

Another problem we have is lack of technology, how do we create jobs without progress
in technology, it is simply impossible, only a fool will believe that gej or buhari will solve nigeria's problem.

Corruption is another problem, but the fact remains that even if nigeria is 90% corruption free, only very little will change, there still be massive unemployment because the country has not embraced technology, productivity will still be low.

It will take upto six years or even more, for power supply to become stable, and that depends on whether the govt will be able to complete a new trasmission grid.

The fact remains that things will not get better in the next fouryears , whether gej or buhari is there or not. I pity buharis fans , they will be disappointed. There is no miracle in economic transformation, it is only long term planning, work and disciple that transforms a country

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by major466(m): 2:37pm On Dec 12, 2014
knightsTempler:
If Buhari wins come 2015, i don't think it's gonna change anything IMO. He is just gonna surround himself with the usual suspect thieves we all know, most of them outfoxed from PDP. And the cycle of looting continues. So, i'm indifferent to both candidate, i 'd just be watching from the side line.
Buhari is already surrounded by thieves. One of them is the Chief defender of corruption.
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by major466(m): 2:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
ROSSIKE:
^^ Very disappointing speech. It was like someone forced him out there to read it.
You can say that again. I heard him on Rythm fm. At first I thought it was Osama bin Laden. I didn't understand anything he said.
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by birdman(m): 3:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
Zoharariel:

Thank you, my brother. The American & the British governments know GMB is a bad market for their agenda.

They know GMB will not hesitate to sideline & cut them off, just like he did to them in 1984, resulting in the I.B.B coup d'etat in August 1985, which was a C.I.A & MI6 backed plot.

Our concern now should be GMB's safety because we do not need star gazers & astrologers to tell us the C.I.A & MI6 will throw hits at him again just like they attempted in Kaduna.

GMB definitely needs protection at this point. An attempt on his life has been made once. I can see an outside entity trying to take him out and implicate our clueless GEJ. Its already been tried once this year.

1 Like

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by birdman(m): 3:31pm On Dec 12, 2014
vanunu:

Japan has roughly the same population size. On a tiny island. I dont see anyone crying about overpopulation out there. We have a larger land mass, access to the sea and far more resources.

Corruption is another problem, but the fact remains that even if nigeria is 90% corruption free, only very little will change, there still be massive unemployment because the country has not embraced technology, productivity will still be low. \
Wrong. Large population means large economy. It is why brazil, india, china, japan , usa are able to thrive. If anything, the fact that we have a low technology adoption rate is an opportunity for a few tech heads to become billionaires. A transparent government goes a long way in leveling the playing filed for entrepreneurs who dont have 'connect'

I think you are mistaken. I for one am not expecting Buhari to walk in there and do magic tricks. I want rule of law, a president who acts in the best interest of his country instead of IMF or world bank, and who can stand shoulder to shoulder, head high with any other world leader. If he does that, Nigerians are dynamic enough to transform the economy. Is it not this same Nigeria producing the likes of Fashola, Duke, Soyinka, Dangote etc
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by major466(m): 3:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
BackDatAssUp:

[size=18pt]APC cretins now oppose the BBC?[/size]

There have been several reactions by BBC correspondants and articles published on the wake of the Buhari primary win towards being the flag bearer of the APC in the incoming presidential elections.

The APC supporters here are not happy with some of the publications and opinions coming out of the BBC which suggest that Buhari will not win the election and also that Buhari has not got what it takes to transform Nigeria given his 30 year absence.

Now, the reaction I am seeing from the APC crowd here is total condemnation of the BBC and their correspondant who via his twitter account on the announcement of a Buhari win at the APC primaries, opined that the votes tallied for Buhari in comparison to that of the other contestants showed his weakness that is , that he does not enjoy overwhelming support within the same APC.

Now that is non of my business as I couldn't care less of who wields the broom come 2015 on behalf of the APC but what really got me on is the reaction of APC supporters quick condemnation of the same BBC that they use in castigating the Jonathan administration.

The APC crowd are hypocrites to say the least.

The same BBC and other b.s. MSM outlets like CNN and Al Jazeera false reporting against Nigeria and this current administration have been taken as facts by them only for them to now turn around to condemn the BBC because it opined that their flag bearer is not the right man for the job.
Don't mind the children of anger. BBC, CNN and Aljazeera had in the past ridiculed GEJ to a point of no return to the delight of APC e minions. They celebrated them like heroes. Loved them like money. Worshipped them like god. Now that the tide has changed, they're began raining curses and insults on the same media houses, they ones praised, just because the said the truth about Buhari.

1 Like

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
major466:

Don't mind the children of anger. BBC, CNN and Aljazeera had in the past ridiculed GEJ to a point of no return to the delight of APC e minions. They celebrated them like heroes. Loved them as like money. Worshipped them like god. Now that the tide has changed, they're began raining curses and insults on the same media houses, they ones praised, just because the said the truth about Buhari.

These people in the APC are the most useless set of fools I have ever seen.

1 Like

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by darediamond(m): 6:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
What an high level of reasoning!
deji68:
True for people who know the difference , as a millitay ruler u can do what u like, .....under democracy u are bound by laws, and decision making is a long process, so if u achieve so little as millitary ruler, how can u achieve much in short time span as a democratic president cool cool
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by acenazt: 6:15pm On Dec 12, 2014
kino:

For expressing his opinion fire should gut out their office. Violence Violence Violence is what u northerns preach. As a non partisan citizen the more violence u preach the more likely I will vote GEJ till 2019
na u sabi.
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by acenazt: 6:17pm On Dec 12, 2014
Xcex:
bokoharam, fire guts dats wats on ur head 4 a man who xpressd his views... U're a foolish man indeed. Dat cabal calld buhari shuld tel his pple 2 continue bombin demselves. I bet u ur pple wil remain slaves in dis country in as much as dey say no 2 western educatn.
Lol for ur info I am against bokoharam too. My people are being killed so don't generalize this menace. And for ur info I am Studying in an institution that teaches western education.
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by darediamond(m): 6:37pm On Dec 12, 2014
How will they go when they hate GEJ and his tribe as if GEJ is the one behind their misery.
manutdadex:
tank u...educate dem...they need it n dats Gej is buildin skools for dem in d north but dem no one stil go
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Martiyu(m): 6:50pm On Dec 12, 2014
Not like there is no evidence at all. So, since there is little, y don't we try that out and see whether things will be better. Goodluck had his chance
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by ifypedro38(m): 7:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
Buy Banana nahhhh,
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by meforyou1(m): 7:32pm On Dec 12, 2014
mikeansy:

is this Obiagelli or Berem? grin grin grin
possibly berem
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Vcojuro: 8:45pm On Dec 12, 2014
kalamayat:

You just gave one of the reasons why GMB can never win a presidential election in nigeria.

I want to also add that a dictator that truncated a democratically elected government over 30 years can hardly be the positive change in a country of over 170 million people.

So you prefered gej, who's clueless
He who couldn't account for missing 10 billion us dollar
U prefer a man who told us that subsidy money will be reinvested into the economy
Someone under whose watch an icpc chief said stealing is not corruption.
It was under gej that minister of interior moro , invited thousands for custom employment, which later lead to stampeding leading to loss of lives.
You should ask yourself has gej political and economic policy impacted anything meaningful into
Your life. Has it translated into job creation, security, reputation.
Inflation is it at its highest. A bag of rice that was formerly sold for 7800 is now at 13000plus
Corruption is now the order of the day.
Police brutality nothing to write about.
Gej was given a good 6 years he never did anything.
He has been transforming rubbish from 2009 till now.
You guys are not giving good reasons why buhari should not be elected, all just because he is from the north and because he is a muslim or because he was a former head of state.
Let us give this man a chance.
He is still better than the clueless one called gej

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fathers Day: Phillip Shaibu Leads Altar Boys During Celebration / Dino Melaye Shows Harley-Davidson Bike & Eats Fufu With Other People(pix) / BREAKING: PDP Legal Team Summons Emergency Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.