Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,971 members, 7,838,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross (43634 Views)

Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan / The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC / PDP Tenders Evidence Buhari's Certificate Is Forged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by daveP(m): 9:37am On Dec 12, 2014
mikeansy:

is this Obiagelli or Berem? grin grin grin
the man's age may cut his chances by 10% we need a vibrant, hale en hearty Presido. Which makes me wonder if the North can produce a fit candidate with good medical slate.

I just want what's best for my country (shrugs)
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by madjune(m): 9:39am On Dec 12, 2014
Kx:
Expect more of this nonsense journalism from the colonial masters.

UK knows that once Buhari gets there, a lot of the things that drive UK economy from Nigeria and the third world will be a thing of the past and their economy will suffer.

Eg. Nigerians rush for UK education and the massive impact on the economy;
Nigerians rush for UK estates/properties.
Nigerians rush for UK shopping and so on and so forth.

And all thise nonsense they say about GEJ being a christian, does the bible he reads advocates corruption and lack of seriousness in leadership?

YOU'RE ON POINT, BRO.
I'm GLAD THERE ARE NIGERIANS WHO SEE AND KNOW THE GRAND PLANS OF THE WEST FOR NIGERIA.
NIGERIANS, WAKE UP.
WE NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS MESS.

2 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by motherlode: 9:42am On Dec 12, 2014
kalamayat:

You just gave one of the reasons why GMB can never win a presidential election in nigeria.

I want to also add that a dictator that truncated a democratically elected government over 30 years can hardly be the positive change in a country of over 170 million people.

mtcheew, it would seem like a surprise to you after the announcement that Buhari had been elected come 2015. wink

Nebuchadnezar:

Buhari is a terrorist

you have been brainwashed undecided or maybe you were paid to say that cheesy remember to collect the money but don't go against that angel waiting to deliver his message of blessings to we Nigerians ! grin
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Frankenstein: 9:43am On Dec 12, 2014
motherlode:

is this sarcasm or what cheesy
It is... What to except when Buhari comes under criticism.
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by philips70(m): 9:44am On Dec 12, 2014
Acidosis:
I would rather die than give my vote to Buhari.
An ethno-political bigot at 71 should be busy constructing his casket.

A dangerous bigoted YOUTH like you will NEVER rise to any position of power in any capacity anywhere you find yourself either. It is not a curse, it is evident in your conduct on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Tibins(m): 9:48am On Dec 12, 2014
[quote author=acenazt post=28802944]They see A Man with The Ghadafi ideal. They see a man with his Nation's interest at heart. Kai in fact May Fire gut out BBC's head office for this nonsense.[/quot]

If he's that capable why did his vice-Idiagbon outshine him? Why didn't he resist the coup against his regime? Not even an attempt... He's a weak man Jo... If it's. Idiagbon I'll just give it to him... But this one? Nooooooo.
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by golddeejay(m): 9:49am On Dec 12, 2014
nobody is his right sense will say buhari is the best president we can have. But considering the situation of dis country, buhari will do for nw. We will judge him in d nxt 4 yrs (4 yrs is good for a good president to make an impact). We have seen wat Jonathan can offer in 5 yrs and we have neva had it dis bad even under the military. It is time to vote him out!!!

2 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by tuke: 9:51am On Dec 12, 2014
Kx:
Expect more of this nonsense journalism from the colonial masters.

UK knows that once Buhari gets there, a lot of the things that drive UK economy from Nigeria and the third world will be a thing of the past and their economy will suffer.

Eg. Nigerians rush for UK education and the massive impact on the economy;
Nigerians rush for UK estates/properties.
Nigerians rush for UK shopping and so on and so forth.

And all thise nonsense they say about GEJ being a christian, does the bible he reads advocates corruption and lack of seriousness in leadership?
Dude, don't just write, think first. Haba! Do you know that statistics reveal that that "crime" you quoted has majority opposition leaders as beneficiaries. Pls let's be objective. I like GMB as a person, what you see now is a repackage GMB, by some big time crooks. Under the military i would vote for him anytime, but in agbada, count me out. I LUV TIS COUNTRY!
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Justice629(m): 9:52am On Dec 12, 2014
Having stayed away from voting due to what we all know as scripted elections, I have decided to participate in this election by casting my vote for change come February 14 but I do emplore you all to drop partisan politics or religious divide and vote for personality and who will most likely bring the change and development we all crave for. We also have to drop this notion of hope for a divien intervention to save Nigeria when we can't ourselves do the little we can of saving our country by protecting our votes.
"Heaven helps does who help themselves" no one will fight for you but you.

Abeg voters registration still de go on? wink wink
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by yemivictor: 9:52am On Dec 12, 2014
otokx:
Logical premise with no or invalid conclusion.

Sir, please modify your post as i believe you skipped a word between "no" and "or". Funnily, you have 21 likes already...
Kindly amend before i like, abeg!
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by daprincel(m): 9:53am On Dec 12, 2014
VolvoS60:

^^^^
Be careful what you wish for.

You have made a judgment on Mr Buhari based on a single 8 minute speech, non? The problem Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has is that he will be judged based on his speeches and his actions over a 6 year period. How will he fare?

I do not know who will win the presidential election next year. What I do know is that my household and I will NOT be voting for Dr Goodluck Jonathan and the party whose platform he will run on. Never have, never will. But I WILL vote. Just as I always have. As long as there is life and health in me, I will cast that ballot come February 14 next year.

What you do not understand is that the next election is a referendum on the performance of Dr Jonathan and the party he is representing. Buhari is not on trial here. Jonathan is. Buhari isn't the one who has to present a report card to Nigerians. Jonathan is.

As I said earlier, I have no way of knowing who will win the next election. That is up to Nigerians to decide. What is clear is that the 2014 election is a test of the ability of Nigerians to hold their leaders accountable. It is a test of their understanding of the Social Contract. Nigerians have had several presidents over the last 15 years running under the platform of the ruling party. Yet their country's infrastructure remains very poor. Incomes are low and over half the population lives below the poverty line. Hope and time are fast ebbing away for an entire generation that thought it would rise above the failures of its predecessors. And worst of all, the leadership of the current administration (like all the other PDP governments before it) remains morally deficient and thoroughly compromised. The "I don't give a damn" and "stealing is not corruption" comments are still ringing in my ears as I type this - in serious countries, such statements by a sitting president would have brought down the government in a matter of days. Nigerians however, stood idly by. Or did they? Will they take their revenge next February?

It is up to Nigerians to decide how they wish to live. To those young people on here who desperately want jobs and livelihoods and yet proudly announce that they will not be voting next year, I ask you: has Abba Moro or the Ministry of Internal Affairs refunded the money collected for the immigration recruitment exercise that cost so many young and not so young lives? Has somebody paid for the criminal negligence that led to so many deaths in that stadium?

Nigeria - your future is in your hands.

Bless You
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by X2X(m): 9:56am On Dec 12, 2014
Analysis: Will Ross, BBC News, Lagos

The former military ruler has been out of power for close to 30 years and although popular, especially in northern Nigeria, there is little evidence to prove he has what it takes to fix the country.

Very interesting.

Is it the same BBC reporters and analysts that told us Libya would be better off if the "evil Gaddaffi" was removed? The same BBC analysts and reporters that told us Iraq had weapons of mass destruction?

How would Buhari have what it takes to fix the country when the deceitful BBC+PDP propaganda machine is rolling full steam and we have fellow citizens who have either chosen or have been misled to reject reason and common sense and instead embrace sentiments like religion and ethnicity?

The thievery, incompetence and ineptitude of the PDP has to end. This is our chance. Lets take it. Vote for CHANGE. I yield.

4 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Acidosis(m): 9:56am On Dec 12, 2014
philips70:

A dangerous bigoted YOUTH like you will NEVER rise to any position of power in any capacity anywhere you find yourself either. It is not a curse, it is evident in your conduct on Nairaland.
buaahahahahahahahahahaahaha

Unlike you, your deluded political fathers and mortuary candidates, I do not fight & kill for POWER.

I am neither a POWER hungry demon nor a RIG & ROAST infested Charlatan!

The kind of power that comes to those who least expect has always come to me. smiley

Take your curses to your household; they need it more than I...

Now go and kill all your school children up north, kidnap their mothers and turn the female teens to suicide bombers, it won't stop BOTH you & your charlatan from shedding CRAW-CRAW-DIE tears in 2015.

2 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Nebuchadnezar: 9:58am On Dec 12, 2014
motherlode:

mtcheew, it would seem like a surprise to you after the announcement that Buhari had been elected come 2015. wink

you have been brainwashed undecided or maybe you were paid to say that cheesy remember to collect the money but don't go against that angel waiting to deliver his message of blessings to we Nigerians ! grin

In your dreams or maybe he will be president of e-nigeria.

Ewu

Gej till 2019

Buhari is terrorist

Apc is bokoharam

1 Like

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Guyman02: 10:00am On Dec 12, 2014
Has David Cameron fixed UK? Did Nigeria media tell Brits that Cameron invaded Libya with US and France and destroyed the most prosperous country in Africa. Yeye people, who gets news from BBC and CNN these days when the alternative media is there online.

2 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Nebuchadnezar: 10:00am On Dec 12, 2014
X2X:

Very interesting.

Is it the same BBC reporters and analysts that told us Libya would be better off if the "evil Gaddaffi" was removed? The same BBC analysts and reporters that told us Iraq had weapons of mass destruction?

How would Buhari have what it takes to fix the country when the deceitful BBC+PDP propaganda machine is rolling full steam and we have fellow citizens who have either chosen or have been misled to reject reason and common sense and instead embrace sentiments like religion and ethnicity?

The thievery, incompetence and ineptitude of the PDP has to end. This is our chance. Lets take it. Vote for CHANGE. I yield.

See illiteracy at peak wetin concern pdp and bbc ?

You must be a nonentity

1 Like

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Geehan(f): 10:03am On Dec 12, 2014
When I watched the way Buhari delivered the speech it's obviously not encouraging. It was flat all through, no pitches, no enthusiasm....there was no life in that speech.

He needs good preping on how to use his voice. Either Buhari is good or bad am not Voting for Jonathan, can't make same mistake twice.

2 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by yemivictor: 10:04am On Dec 12, 2014
motherlode:
America and U.K are afraid cheesy that this man won't heed to their advice because their advices are detrimental to the economic health and wealth of Nigeria. undecided
Let's protect our motherland from their claws!!! grin

But how do we protect our votes from the manipulation of these world super powers?!

1 Like

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by yemivictor: 10:07am On Dec 12, 2014
Geehan:

When I watched the way Buhari delivered the speech it's obviously not encouraging. It was flat all through, no pitches, no enthusiasm....there was no life in that speech.

He needs good preping on how to use his voice. Either Buhari is good or bad am not Voting for Jonathan, can't make same mistake twice.

I agree with you, Geehan. He needs coaching on public speaking. I observed the same thing when he was on Channels tv last Saturday.
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by madjune(m): 10:07am On Dec 12, 2014
LastProphet:

There is actually no need answering many of these premature conclusions but i feel your's can be answered since you appear objective sort of, now see the first thing is how old were u when buhari ruled? If you were old enough u would recall that he has no time for words, no time for praises either. At a point people forgot buhari and only talked about idiagbon as he was more vocal though no less active. But i can tell you that the less than 3yrs of his rule touched every single nigerian. more importantly it was a govt THAT NEVER TOLD LIES TO NIGERIANS EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD THE GUN. and i challenge u and anyone reading now to tell us how he got overthrown, he practically walked away when he heard IBB had mobilized and he asked every single security detail NOT TO FIGHT AND DIE FOR HIM. Dodan barracks gate was open when IBB troops marched in, pls go and find out if that is the norm even when a total weakling is inside dodan barracks, yet this man valued the life of others above stay in power. And lastly his performance at PTF is disarming. Let any contractor come here now to tell us whether procurement was transparent or not. Do you know how much money was in ptf? Yet this man did not tuck away any for himself, why donyou think pdp prefer to label him fanatic? Because no other name will stick. Hope you are aware the late Dora came out of PTF? Those were the kind of people working with him. See forget whatever pdp is paying lapthugs to bring up, this man is the next president. I am a christian and fanatically against many islamic practices (check my past posts) but am going to vote buhari. He has no oratory skills obviously but he will get the job done 101%. We once voted an orator and we lived to see him turn a clueless drunkard

YOU'RE ON POINT, LASTPROPHET.
THE PROBLEM WE HAVE PRESENTLY IS, THE AVERAGE YOUTH OR NAIRALANDER WAS EITHER TOO YOUNG OR HASN'T BEEN BORN WHEN BUHARI RULED.
THAT'S A BIT OF A PROBLEM.
I SAY SO, BECAUSE IF THEY HAD TASTED HOW REAL GOVERNANCE WAS (NO BE PERSON GO TELL THEM SAY, WE DEY GUTTER )
THE NOSTALGIA FOR THAT LOST PERIOD ALONE WILL DRIVE THEM TO THE POLLING BOOTH AND VOTE TO BRING BACK BUHARI.

I WILL KEEP REPEATING IT, NEXT YEAR WILL BE OUR LAST CHANCE TO SALVAGE NIGERIA.

VOTE THE RIGHT MAN, NOT PARTY.

2 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 12, 2014
Geehan:

I'm attracted to beautiful ladies who got political orientation. Cheers.
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Geehan(f): 10:17am On Dec 12, 2014
Jenams:
I'm attracted to beautiful ladies who got political orientation. Cheers.
Thanks for the compliment.
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Riclord001(m): 10:18am On Dec 12, 2014
Metrofox:
and there's also little evidence the BBC & UK have Nigeria's progress at heart..
bro, so true. i don't expect UK, USA and all those nations that have and are still parasiting on us to support Buhari.
something goes on in my head when Buhari is talking... the kind of feeling Americans get when 0bama is talking....
God help Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Amanwulu1(m): 10:19am On Dec 12, 2014
birdman:

are you minding them? all of a sudden his speech isnt good enough. As if GEJ is an orator
eh eh! I hate hypocrisy. Dis is one of d tins u ppl accuse gej of n gej is far better dan dis. Why condone in one what u condemn in anoda? I'm sorry to say dat u ppl don't knw what u wnt. Nigerians generally are not honest to say d least.
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Orikinla(m): 10:22am On Dec 12, 2014
[size=18pt]The agents of GEJ have are spending over US$1 million on foreign PR and press agents to write, publish and circulate articles and reports in favour of President Goodluck Jonathan and the ruling party.
They believe that Nigerians believe reports on Nigeria by the BBC, CNN and other major foreign news channels.
They have budgeted N500 billion to campaign for the re-election of President Jonathan.
These people careless about the safety, security and welfare of the poor masses who are also the majority of jobless Nigerians who cannot qualify for the so called YouWiN, SURE-P and other government job creation programmes that cannot create up to 100, 000 jobs for the over 40 million jobless Nigerian youths according to Director-General of the Nigeria Employers' Consultative Association (NECA), Mr Olusegun Oshinowo. The millions of jobless Nigerian youths are as desperate as selling their votes for as little as N1, 000 per vote and with N500 billion, the ruling party can buy millions of votes in the 2015 elections.[/size]
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 12, 2014
Geehan:
Thanks for the compliment.
uwc
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by ooshinibos: 10:34am On Dec 12, 2014
temitemi1:
I wonder what he's looking for,mayb his lost front tooth is in Aso Rock. GEJ till 2019!!
Nigerians really dont need good leaders , so you want Jonathan to continue to lead the contry when he has not managed to fulfill the first page of the constitution which to provide this country security , ... he is the commander in chief of the nigerian army and President , lets be honest what has his government really offered to an ordinary Nigerian ...Jonathan cannot even take care of himself , he goes for health treatment abroad , are you telling me he cannot provide a world class healthcare for himself in Aso rock ..with all the resouces in his hand ? , the only way he can stay until 2019 ..he has to reinstate , free education and healthcare -as the is the only benefit Nigerians citizen used to enjoy ..and the FG can afford it

the ony way GEJ will win is because of the backwardness of our people and a few greedy citizens that dont know their right to free education and healthcare
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by ooshinibos: 10:34am On Dec 12, 2014
Nigerians really dont need good leaders , so you want Jonathan to continue to lead the contry when he has not managed to fulfill the first page of the constitution which to provide this country security , ... he is the commander in chief of the nigerian army and President , lets be honest what has his government really offered to an ordinary Nigerian ...Jonathan cannot even take care of himself , he goes for health treatment abroad , are you telling me he cannot provide a world class healthcare for himself in Aso rock ..with all the resouces in his hand ? , the only way he can stay until 2019 ..he has to reinstate , free education and healthcare -as the is the only benefit Nigerians citizen used to enjoy ..and the FG can afford it

the ony way GEJ will win is because of the backwardness of our people and a few greedy citizens that dont know their right to free education and healthcare
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Xcex: 10:40am On Dec 12, 2014
acenazt:
They see A Man with The Ghadafi ideal. They see a man with his Nation's interest at heart. Kai in fact May Fire gut out BBC's head office for this nonsense.
bokoharam, fire guts dats wats on ur head 4 a man who xpressd his views... U're a foolish man indeed. Dat cabal calld buhari shuld tel his pple 2 continue bombin demselves. I bet u ur pple wil remain slaves in dis country in as much as dey say no 2 western educatn.
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Chigold101(m): 10:42am On Dec 12, 2014
DonaldGenes:
An insane Nigerian Will agree with this hogwash written by BBC....

Both candidates are capable but one is more capable than the other which is Buhari, his body.language alone will make anyone not to steal... I carefully read his speech /body language...
LOMH... Buhari understand the language of comman and obey... In civilian rule there are many huddles to cross. If GMB couldnt convince few men in APC to cut down price of thier nomination ticket i wonder how he will contend with all the members of house of assembly (both green & red chembers). And how he will influence state governors without using money to convince them...
Voting for GMB will be a fatal mistake cos when he gets there... The people will frustrate him. Tinubu will turn him into a ring on his little finger

2 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by DonaldGenes(m): 10:45am On Dec 12, 2014
tuke:

You tried but the part that amused me is "BODY LANGUAGE". Plss what is "BODY LANGUAGE"? cos' i think my babe has a better body language to rule this nation.
Have we become so clueless that we lack words to express mere sentiments. God help us!

Hey, Don't be ruffled
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Olasoonky(m): 10:46am On Dec 12, 2014
mikeansy:

Is'nt it the case that the reason you are having to speculate on his body language is because Buhari is not saying much about how he plans to fix Nigeria which I guess is the point of the topic of this thread?
and what has the 1 (GEJ) who promised too much realises from us...if Buhari say much, dey will all be lies. Hidtory has it that the govt that always say much ve often ended has a big failure. Take ur mind back at the time Fashola was name governor of Lagos state, who knew him then but look at is works now, they re doing the talking & still be doing by the time he leaves office.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

BREAKING: PDP Legal Team Summons Emergency Meeting / Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) / Edo Assembly Inaugurates 17 New Lawmakers (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.