Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,436 members, 7,861,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:34 AM

APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV (16868 Views)

New Hurdle For Amaechi, Fashola As Senate Rules That Two Senators Must Endorse E / APC Considers Akume, Remi Tinubu As Saraki’s Replacement - NationalMirror / 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by tomakint: 8:37am On Dec 12, 2014
Mogidi:

Shut up you paid hack, you behave as if your destiny is intertwined with that of Buhari. You born again Buharist was in the past writing epistles why Buhari won't sell, only to do a u-turn within a week of receiving crust. You have the credibility of an ant, datolee has exposed you as the scam you are. What happened to your useless topics, have your pay checks stop arriving?
Mogidi! I thought I was the only one who knew the naive-minded barcanista!
Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by donphilopus: 8:38am On Dec 12, 2014
barcanista:
They are boxed! Edo and Rivers are two states that will give APC at least 1/3 of votes in 2015 but the change onslaught will be more fierce in 2019. I want a Nigeria where good people are rewarded for service and the bad punished.

If not that Oshiomole is trynna divide APC in Edo, I'd given APC a ratio of 60:40 in the next Presidential Election, but as it stands now, it may be 50:50 or so!
Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 12, 2014
chemali:

I also feel that is the best option. I feel APC should brave the backlash and run a wonderful campaign.

...that is the only way to go....any other way is playing into PDP's religion-politics script.
Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by Gbawe: 8:38am On Dec 12, 2014
NnamdiN:
Typical. Very aggressive set of people cheesy your buhari stands a better chance of emerging MR NAIRALAND 2015, recommend that to him. How you guys support your messiah and expect everyone else not to support or at least choose their own messiah is quite amusing.

Are you on drugs or is your hypocrisy blinding you from seeing what every other Nairalander can see? Did I not just ask you to vote for your "messiah"? All I am telling you is that decent Nigerians are getting fed up of how you and your folks proudly proclaim that GEJ has done nothing for you, your region and ethnic group yet you remain ethno-religiously devoted to voting for him.

You are insulting the senses of other Nigerians openly while disgracing our nation with these antics that make Nigeria out as a nation of proud bigots in an age where ethnic, religious and racial discrimination is now increasingly being viewed as unacceptable. Come to Nigeria to then see'throwbacks' like you saying "I am prejudiced and proud".

I am personally ashamed to call you a fellow Nigerian. My undiluted message to you is that you should change your views and think about what is best for Nigeria or devote yourself to voting for GEJ, because of ethnic and religious sentiment, and let others vote for who they want. Simple.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by gratieao: 8:39am On Dec 12, 2014
barcanista:
Honestly, APC isn't expecting Igbo bloc votes. It is like you haven't got the message yet. 25% votes in a minimum of 25 states is what APC needs. NW, NE, NC, SW and Abuja alone has given the APC 26 which is more than the constitutional minimum grin grin. Whatever the APC gets from SS and SE wiill be a bonus. We know that SE and SS is Jonathan's stronghold, we all know. However, Edo and Rivers are states we want to get a fraction of their votes. If you talk of voting population, SE and SS combined is just 1 million more than SW alone. As it stands, APC has both the knife and the yam. This is not 2011
And it's only Yoruba will vote in South west especially Lagos? You have already excluded my vote? Whatever your calculations is, know you fully well that APC cannot win Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by kimond101: 8:41am On Dec 12, 2014
tomakint:

.....and in your 'unreligious mind' BUHARI is the change undecided

I didn't mention Buhari in my post but it is definitely not Johnathan.

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by Bola4mi(f): 8:41am On Dec 12, 2014
Fashola is okay u guys should forget the religion aspect and vote for people that will change the country for better.

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:41am On Dec 12, 2014
Mogidi:

I don't know the diversity of Osun state but i can affirm that in advanced democracies the diversity of the population is taken into account when choosing running mates.
Show me one advanced democracy where religion is one of the diversities of the people considered.

3 Likes

Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 12, 2014
Mogidi:

I don't know the diversity of Osun state but i can affirm that in advanced democracies the diversity of the population is taken into account when choosing running mates.

Will you vote for Buhari if he chooses a Reverend Father?

You are a PDP agent...so you can't be in a postion to advice the best for APC.......all I see in people like you is fear of the potency of Buhari/Fashola combination and not a fear of for Muslim/Muslim ticket.

5 Likes

Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by anonimi: 8:42am On Dec 12, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

The same airport that doubles as seaport during rainy season? How many international flight goes on in the airport?

- What/How was the airport BEFORE the Jonathan/Sambo transformation?
- How many international flights were going there BEFORE Jonathan/Sambo duo gave it deserved attention?
- Please can you define the word PROGRESS!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 12, 2014
ypzilanti:

You are not voting APC regardless so what is your concern crying more than the bereaved? . By the way, only God knows if GEJ or any other politician is a Christian. By their actions I think most are atheist anyway. Are they emulating Jesus?
You all never tire for the silly and retarded comments, do you?
What does being atheist or theist have to do with leadership or rule? What do you mean when you say 'by their actions, they are atheist'

Just smh.

2 Likes

Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 12, 2014
donphilopus:

If not that Oshiomole is trynna divide APC in Edo, I'd given APC a ratio of 60:40 in the next Presidential Election, but as it stands now, it may be 50:50 or so!
Don't mind Oshiobaba and some selfish Governors
Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by ocelot2006(m): 8:44am On Dec 12, 2014
IKJ66:
He should consider amaechiso they wwould get votes from south south !!!!

You're talking about the same Amaechi who is seen as a sellout by Rivers people? Good luck with that.

2 Likes

Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by donphilopus: 8:47am On Dec 12, 2014
barcanista:
Don't mind Oshiobaba and some selfish Governors

That's why I support Fashola's VP Candidature!
Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by Gbawe: 8:48am On Dec 12, 2014
ilugunboy:

You are a PDP agent...so you can't be in a postion to advice the best for APC.......all I see in people like you is fear of the potency of Buhari/Fashola combination and not a fear of for Muslim/Muslim ticket.

100% correct. What happened at the APC Presidential Primaries,with many Christian delegates voting to make Buhari the unanimous winner by a stupendous margin, is proof anyone needs to note that Nigerians ,because they now desperately want change fromthe current horrible status quo, are ready to rise above the religious and ethnic division GEJ and the PDP created to support Buhari.

Imagine how Buhari is a pauper in an ultra-corrupt nation where all former Presidents and heads of State, plus even their concubines and mistresses, are dollar billionaires !!!! That alone shows what Buhari is about and why he is badly needed today. No wonder Buhari fever overtook the APC delegates,despite financial inducement, and is engulfing Nigeria along religious and ethnic lines to win the hearts of balanced and progress-seeking Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by experimentist: 8:53am On Dec 12, 2014
mistabiola:

Even if both of them are babalawo (herbalist), I will vote for them.
grin

#TeamAPC #EnjoyAsYouVote

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by Bimffo(m): 8:54am On Dec 12, 2014
Seriously, Fashola is the best candidate APC can choose as a Running mate for Buhari.. But religion has clouded our Vision in Nigeria.. Religion must be relevant in everything we get involved with.. sad

Buhari has a record of just sitting down and doing like mumu when he gets to Government.. The 1st time he was Head of State, He just occupied the seat of the head of state, it was Idi-agbon that was really ruling Nigeria..
Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by Mogidi: 8:54am On Dec 12, 2014
tomakint:

Mogidi! I thought I was the only one who knew the naive-minded barcanista!

The partisan pleb didn't know there's a significant difference between what a paid hack is paid to write and what is feasible in a diverse country like Nigeria. Am going to join datolee in exposing this smuck, if left alone he would run amok warping the minds of gullible people.
Can't let that happen from now on.

2 Likes

Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by experimentist: 8:55am On Dec 12, 2014
PassingShot:
Either

Buhari/Fashola
Or
Buhari/Osinbajo
Who's Osinbajo? Pics pls?
Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by minister2015: 8:57am On Dec 12, 2014
rebranded:
According to Channels TV, APC will be choosing a running mate for Buhari before the end of today.

People currently being considered

Fashola
Amaechi
Oshiomole
Osinbajo

I think with Fashola this will be a winning team
BUHARI/Osinbajo will be the ticket
Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by Mogidi: 8:58am On Dec 12, 2014
ilugunboy:

I want the best for my country, I have no other country than Nigeria and having two muslims contesting for APC would implode our volatile polity.

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by huptin(m): 8:58am On Dec 12, 2014
Mogidi:

Did we not have muslim muslim in the past i.e Buhari/Idiagbon and Abiola/Kingibe.

Why not Christian Christian for a change? Anyone who wants a religious war would get one.

Oga take ur stupid threat of war to your village and fight over there, what has religion got to do with performance?
Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by MayorofLagos(m): 9:00am On Dec 12, 2014
@OP,

This is quite interesting!

APC is looking for someone that, at the minimum, can deliver their native voting blocs or political home zones. Who amongst those in the shortlist can deliver their zone..... + more?

Can Amaechi give APC a sweeping win in SS?
What about Oshiomole, can he defeat PDP in SS?
Can Osinbajo retain SW in APC fold?
Is Fashola able to bring SW out for APC on election day?

SW and NW politicians have a political gameplan that even Washinton DC will envy.

First, the Fulanis said for the second time since 1960 they were roadrailed by Southerners bending the articles of the constitution to scam them from completing residual terms after the death of a President of Northern origin. They therefore mounted an anti-Republic campaign whining about injury and injustice.

The Yorubas then whined and grieved that the national programmes installed to move disadvantaged regions and peoples upward is in fact a drag on their already advanced society and they are being unjustly held back by a system that has no vision on improving lives or opportunities. Therefore they went on an anti-Republic drive painting Nigeria as a dead weight on the Yoruba culture and civilization and demanding to partition administrative control so Yorubaland can advance at its own pace.

This is all calculated! Fulani and Yoruba have a gameplan to retain power and control in Nigeria. There is no way PDP is coming back to power in 2015.. All the ways they could take has been shut and frustrated by NW and SW intrigues. Even Jonathan does not believe in his own win, this is why he went and confessed his regrets in Ife, followed up by PDP governors going to beg OBJ in Otta.

Once Fashola is confirmed, Fani Kayode, same man who defected to PDP in protest of muslim/muslim ticket, will return to APC and romance the muslim/muslim platform. He is not coming alone....a bunch of Nwafors are coming with him. Watch!

Anyway, im sleepy. See you all later.

To the dumb mod that banned me for posting article on court decision in the case of Lagos State and Ibo refugees.....you are looking for trouble! Trust me, I'll bring it to you. angry

yeye dey stink! Anuofia! angry angry

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by Olaolufred(m): 9:00am On Dec 12, 2014
anonimi:

- How many international flights were going there BEFORE Jonathan/Sambo duo gave it deserved attention?

PROGRESS IS BUILDING WORLD AIRSEAPORT TOGETHER.

PLANE USES IT WHEN DRY, SHIP WHEN IT RAINS.

THE PICTURE BELOW SUMMARY OF WHAT IS CALLED PROGRESS.

2 Likes

Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by Mogidi: 9:05am On Dec 12, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Show me one advanced democracy where religion is one of the diversities of the people considered.

India...you either have a Sikh President and a Muslim prime minister or vice versa. Obama could have used a black man as his running mate I wonder why he didn't?

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by truefact: 9:07am On Dec 12, 2014
Gbawe:

Look,vote whoever you want and stop childishly reminding us of how ethnocentric you and your folks are. You will all be defeated because Nigeria, numerically and ideologically, is bigger than those of you who make it clear you care not for the future of the nation and remain unashamedly devoted to voting for probably the worst president we have had because of ethno-religious bias and your hypocritical hatred of other Nigerians in the North and SW you have no problem making money from but disgracefully take joy in denouncing publicly and at every chance you get. Decent Nigerians are beginning to see beyond your double-standards and hypocrisy. you can live in the North, do business there and build trading empires yet a Northerner is not worthy of your vote. Ditto for the SW. Disgraceful.

People like you are a disgrace to all that is desirable and good about humanity and you will be swept aside by the wind of change decent and focused Nigerians are craving for. I must remind you also that you and others like you will forever be tainted by how you stood on the side of evil and supported the continuation of needless death of your fellow citizens, universally condemned and hideous corruption, cluelessness, criminality and gross misrule because of nothing other than ethno-religious prejudice. Buhari is on his way to becoming President. Look at the world around you to note that you cannot deny a man his destiny when everything has converged to make it his time.

Take your "SS and SE will not vote Buhari" blackmail and shove it up your orifice where the sun does not shine !!! Other decent, moderate and balanced Nigerians are ready for change your voting bloc cannot prevent from happening.
I asked again, why not campaign for expulsion of East from Nigeria so that Buhari can rule over North and West?

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by ypzilanti: 9:08am On Dec 12, 2014
musKeeto:

You all never tire for the silly and retarded comments, do you?
What does being atheist or theist have to do with leadership or rule? What do you mean when you say 'by their actions, they are atheist'

Just smh.

Did not mean to imply that an Atheist cannot rule with in a just, efficient and equitable manner. Of course they can. The Christian principles as regards your relationship with your society can be practiced by an atheist even where they do not believe the bible. Hence Ghandi (a hindu) identified Jesus as an inspiration but slammed "Christians" as not being anything like the Lord Jesus in their relationships with others.

Now, when a man professes to be a Christian and his actions are not Christlike, its safe to assume its all a front and he has no religion whatsoever.
In our everyday life, we all would rather deal with an individual who professes no faith or another faith other than ours but is magnanimous, honest and fair. When it comes to election time however, all a candidate needs to do is quote bible verses and pray with pastors for Christians to follow him like mumu.

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:08am On Dec 12, 2014
anonimi:

The airport in Enugu remains a local airport like the ones in Maiduguri, Jos, Kaduna, Ibadan, Akure, etc. Last time Peter Obi was begging for pilgrims going to Jerusalem to make use of the airport. Some of the local airports in the north have recorded more international flights (especially to Saudi Arabia) than the Akannu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by ypzilanti: 9:10am On Dec 12, 2014
Mogidi:

India...you either have a Sikh President and a Muslim prime minister or vice versa. Obama could have used a black man as his running mate I wonder why?

Sikhs are Moslems. Google is your friend. maybe you meant Hindu?
Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by chacoonder(m): 9:10am On Dec 12, 2014
Let's all do away with any form of bigotry or sentiments.Let's vote in Change, let's vote in integrity. Let's vote for Buhari/Fashola.
Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 12, 2014
That will be a lethal combo. Bomb manufacturing plants will spring up everywhere.

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV by anonimi: 9:13am On Dec 12, 2014
Olaolufred:

PROGRESS IS BUILDING WORLD AIRSEAPORT TOGETHER.

PLANE USES IT WHEN DRY, SHIP WHEN IT RAINS.

THE PICTURE BELOW SUMMARY OF WHAT IS CALLED PROGRESS.

Don't show your stewpidity for public abeg shocked

Progress means there is still MORE work to be done such as the airport whose renovation was yet to be completed at the time those pictures were taken.
Is that something you can understand

Meanwhile Ethiopian airlines is operating SAFELY out of Enugu INTERNATIONAL Airport due to the CONTINUING transformation efforts of the Jonathan/Sambo duo as per today's booking on their web site =>

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC Convention: Chairmen In Four South-south States Reject Oshiomhole (names) / President Buhari Receives Buhari Media Organisation (Photos) / What Is Tinubu Really After? By Tunde Asaju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.