Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Love Is Not Blind, I Cannot Date A Short Man Or AS Genotype - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Is Not Blind, I Cannot Date A Short Man Or AS Genotype (782 Views)

Why I Cannot date An African Lady Especially The Ones From Nigeria / Is Love Really Blind:i Remember When I Thought He Was The One / We Are Both As Genotype,what Is The Way Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Is Not Blind, I Cannot Date A Short Man Or AS Genotype by JFDIQSS: 7:56am On Dec 12, 2014
Love Is Not Blind

One of the cliches I grew up listening to is "love is blind". I used to ponder in my young mind what it meant; I used to wonder in my child's mind if love was a human being but was blind and since I did not have an elder sister to discuss my love thoughts with, I was content with my definition.

As I progressed into my adolescent stage with my emotions running wild and my voracious appetite for books, I finally understood the "love is blind" line after poring over Mills and Boons, Harlequin and the likes.

Many of us use the world love every other day but I'd like us to focus on romantic love as regards this post.

I know guys who love girls that are endowed but end up with flat chested ladies and when I'm like guy how far? they be like "I couldn't help it, love is blind".

Now don't get me wrong, it is not about the physical attraction for me but the truth is when you know the qualities you love in the opposite sex, yet your partner lacks 99% and you go ahead in the name of "love is blind", you'll end up frustrated and tempted to cheat.

I know I'm petite and I've been screaming to high heavens that my man must be taller than me even if it is by few inches so me agreeing to date a man who is shorter than me in the name of love is blind is a recipe for disaster; or knowing fully well that I belong to the AS genotype and I go ahead and marry a man who is AS too in the name of love is blind is just sheer foolishness (I don't get people who still do this in this 21st century though).

In the name of love, a graduate marries an uneducated person and in future when there is a dinner in your office, you suddenly remember your partner is not up to your standard to flaunt in public, what ever happened to the initial love is blind?

As a wealthy girl you fall in love with a not too wealthy dude and later rub it in his face how you foot the bills? love is still blind yeah?

It is perfectly normal to look at people we have feelings for through rose stained glasses but believe me, those rose stained glasses can turn to blinders and trust me, it is not normal to create an ideal image of people because most times when we do that, they pretend to be what they are not, so as to fit in to the image we created.

Now after creating this ideal image and you fall in love with this image (blindly of course), who do blame when reality check dawns?

True love is not blind, it recognises faults as it does not ignore differences in social, tribal, educational or religious backgrounds but seeks ways of making these differences work!

http://www.heynaija.com/love-is-not-blind-i-cannot-marry-a-short-man-or-as-genotype/

1 Like

Re: Love Is Not Blind, I Cannot Date A Short Man Or AS Genotype by temitemi1(m): 8:07am On Dec 12, 2014
You are on point!!
Re: Love Is Not Blind, I Cannot Date A Short Man Or AS Genotype by Tee99(m): 8:11am On Dec 12, 2014
#word!
Re: Love Is Not Blind, I Cannot Date A Short Man Or AS Genotype by major466(m): 8:11am On Dec 12, 2014
Good one.
The sooner people realize that Blind love = Infatuation, the better for our future generation.
Re: Love Is Not Blind, I Cannot Date A Short Man Or AS Genotype by emeths: 8:33am On Dec 12, 2014
@op well written. Everybody wish life is like we read in novels...like yours. For AS genotype you made sense, but for others...fake prophets are waiting for your patronage when the time comes.
Re: Love Is Not Blind, I Cannot Date A Short Man Or AS Genotype by jmoore(m): 8:38am On Dec 12, 2014
'Petite', another word that has been abused by some girls.
Re: Love Is Not Blind, I Cannot Date A Short Man Or AS Genotype by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 12, 2014
all this hatred in the world....
Re: Love Is Not Blind, I Cannot Date A Short Man Or AS Genotype by banjicom(m): 9:01am On Dec 12, 2014
sad but I like short girls!
Re: Love Is Not Blind, I Cannot Date A Short Man Or AS Genotype by Olivialight(f): 9:20am On Dec 12, 2014
I get the point the op is trying to make. I have once heard an elderly and a man of God also ask question like what do you want in a woman? And men where saying the whole cliché "she should be God fearing and the likes" and the man said be very honest what exactly trips you in a woman? Because we all have what we want in a woman,and most times pretend like we don't and go ahead to do the she should be God fearing thing..he said if u are looking for a lady that has an enormous boobs go for it, if is butts go for it,if is one dat makes love like no man business plz do go for it,if is one with a certain character plz do, if is one you can interact with intellectually too do that cs if u pretend like that isn't exactly what you want and go for another you are likely to be frustrated or start trying to turn the poor lady into who she is not,or fill her dear life with complains here and there "baby are need to add flesh blah blah and prolly cheat even. So in a way I think the op already knows what he/she wants and is saying it,so You do U as he/she is doing... undecidedI
Re: Love Is Not Blind, I Cannot Date A Short Man Or AS Genotype by Tonydeeb(m): 9:36am On Dec 12, 2014
Love Is Not Blind, I Cannot Date A Short Woman Or AS Genotype

(1) (Reply)

beer parlour members meet here / How Ladies Obtain Under False Influence. ( pics) / 5 Simple Things That Will Improve Your Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.