Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

The Best State To Raise Ones Kids - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Best State To Raise Ones Kids (23777 Views)

Is It Possible To Raise A Child Without Beating / Male Child Versus Female Child,which Is Difficult To Raise? / Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Donnyboy(m): 11:16am On Dec 13, 2014
Anambra State
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 13, 2014
Onitsha market or Ariaria, aba.
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Modekaya: 11:19am On Dec 13, 2014
ENUGU or Never...042 is cool and has good morale

1 Like

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by paix(m): 11:23am On Dec 13, 2014
Borno state is the best state, cos your child will among other advantages learn French language from the neighboring countries like Niger, Chad and Cameroon. But OP, is Ibadan now a state?
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 13, 2014
goldfish80:

One chance bus does not exist in Enugu. You and your friend were just paranoid.

my dear goldfish...they do..I entered at onuasata junction and dropped at first bank...I've been in enugu for 4years now...so I know what I'm saying.
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 13, 2014
Reference:

Your doctorate in 'anti-one chance' skills is more unfortunate than an achievement. Its a statement of utter hopelessness that things can ever get better.

I ask this similar question. Kindly think carefully before responding. Is electricity a luxury or necessity and which will you teach your kids.

in an hypothetical utopian society, it sure is a necessity. As our dearest motherland is not the aforementioned society. it is a luxury!
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Chomzy222(f): 11:48am On Dec 13, 2014
IMO STATE PRICESELY OWERRI
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by preciousman(m): 12:08pm On Dec 13, 2014
Warri...delta state :oWarri...delta state
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by jorlons(m): 12:12pm On Dec 13, 2014
Simple just ask ur father.
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Orikinla(m): 12:15pm On Dec 13, 2014
There are only safe and secure estates to raise your children in Lagos, Rivers, Imo and Cross River.
In Rivers, Bonny Island is the safest.
In Lagos, VGC, Banana Island, Ikeja GRA, Ikoyi and Victoria Island.
In Cross Rivers, Calabar GRA.
But I cannot raise my children in Nigeria.
I prefer Long Island in the US and Sidney in Australia.

1 Like

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by peterjero(m): 12:18pm On Dec 13, 2014
mployer:

For where?

Lagos children are raised in fear. They are usually locked up in houses with high fence, located inside an estate with multiple gates and security posts. They are made to believe everyone out there is about to hurt them. They attend schools that have no playgrounds and return to lonely homes .

Visit Owerri and see where children have some level of socialization freedom.
My brother I like your analysis so explicit but mind you the Nigerian environment is actually a fearful one plus the fact that Lagos is seriously a multi-lingual cum cultural land hence the average child is well balanced. Some peeps like us are usually the ones who see other people as wicked.
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by ussy09(m): 12:22pm On Dec 13, 2014
Here in London every wia is ok.
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Hero10001: 12:32pm On Dec 13, 2014
kurupt1:
Chibok
Chisos!!
Bad niccur..
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by shaqhead: 12:37pm On Dec 13, 2014
nessaluv:
Except 4d insecurity ish. in kd i'd say kaduna is d best -IM0
R u frm kd or do u residee dere? U got dt cute kd ladies look
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by valemtech(m): 12:42pm On Dec 13, 2014
alem phantom
Sim card enabled
8 inch screen
5 MP camera(front)
3.0 MP camera (rear)
8 gig memory
1.2 gig RAM
Slot list: TF x 1(maximum: 32GB),Mini USB x 2,HDMI x 1
Supports WIFI:802.11B/G/N, Bluetooth
Rechargeable Li-Polyer Battery:8500mAh/5V 3Ahc
High resolution screen
AC adapter
Free pouch
One year warranty
whatsap: 08037607036

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by goldfish80(m): 12:48pm On Dec 13, 2014
AlphaLycan:

my dear goldfish...they do..I entered at onuasata junction and dropped at first bank...I've been in enugu for 4years now...so I know what I'm saying.
I spent 20yrs of my life in Enugu. I do visit the city once every other fortnight. Take it from me, one chance bus is almost exclusive to Lagos and totally non existent in Enugu. While in high school, we knew virtually the names of the bus drivers on our daily route home.
I would take a lot of convincing to believe you encountered last chance robbers in Enugu.
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by dubbiskelly(m): 1:30pm On Dec 13, 2014
Enugu!!!!!!!! Itz a beautiful place to raise a family.
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by nwaobitex: 1:43pm On Dec 13, 2014
france
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by fejikudz(m): 1:45pm On Dec 13, 2014
P-harcourt
Abuja
c/river
Lagos

or

WARRI (AREAA)
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Namady(m): 1:54pm On Dec 13, 2014
If not for insecurity, I tink it shud be KD kox
1. North is a very nice place to live (kaduna precisely) norhterners are gud pipo b4 BH spoil deir name.
2. Academically Kd has every type of learning instituitions u need, Includin NMS, NDA and AVIATION COLLEGE.
3. Enviromentally KD Is okay, and d cost of livin too.

#MyOpinion

3 Likes

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Namady(m): 1:55pm On Dec 13, 2014
Namady:
If not for insecurity, I tink it shud be KD kox
1. North is a very nice place to live (kaduna precisely) norhterners are gud pipo b4 BH spoil deir name.
2. Academically Kd has every type of learning instituition u need, Includin NMS, NDA and AVIATION COLLEGE.
3. Enviromentally KD Is okay, and d cost of livin too.

#MyOpinion
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by honygold: 2:14pm On Dec 13, 2014
Ajegun slum
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 13, 2014
goldfish80:

I spent 20yrs of my life in Enugu. I do visit the city once every other fortnight. Take it from me, one chance bus is almost exclusive to Lagos and totally non existent in Enugu. While in high school, we knew virtually the names of the bus drivers on our daily route home.
I would take a lot of convincing to believe you encountered last chance robbers in Enugu.

I leave u to ur opinion.

1 Like

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by halix239(f): 3:08pm On Dec 13, 2014
Timothy3113:
insurgency and crises can never end in the north. The northerner's syndrom for fighting is too high. Since the birth of naija 70% riot takes place there. Fighting is in there blood, peace is a scarce commodity there. Be it tribal, religion e.t.c
c him mouth, re u God to say that, idiot, if u ve nothing sensible to say jst stfu n read comments rather than type trash k, blah blah blah blah blah talking bullshit. comment according to the topic.
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by bameyi(m): 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2014
Benue state, but for troublesome kids try North eastern state
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Icon4s(m): 3:58pm On Dec 13, 2014
halix239:

c him mouth, re u God to say that, idiot, if u ve nothing sensible to say jst stfu n read comments rather than type trash k, blah blah blah blah blah talking bullshit. comment according to the topic.
Bt he is saying d truth naa. Issues of security/insecurity is very relevant in this topic.
If u pple dnt see riots and violence as a factor to consider up north, we do down south.
Any city up north including Abuja is prone to insurgency and religious clashes. Any thing North is a hell NO!!

1 Like

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Timothy3113(m): 4:48pm On Dec 13, 2014
halix239:

see him mouth lyk ur mouth. And you saying am i God, let us speak the truth, let be realistic, the north will always be a war zone till thy kingdom comes.
Violence attitude is too much in there blood, unlike other tribes.
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by Timothy3113(m): 5:00pm On Dec 13, 2014
Icon4s:

Bt he is saying d truth naa. Issues of security/insecurity is very relevant in this topic.
If u pple dnt see riots and violence as a factor to consider up north, we do down south.
Any city up north including Abuja is prone to insurgency and religious clashes. Any thing North is a hell NO!!
guy na true u tak. When you and your kids are always seeing, blood and are use to it, ur kids too will soon derive joy and pleasure in violence.
I am speaking from experience, i have a friend who reside in jos and kaduna. The guy's told me of ther adventure during, the crises. When dere is riot in skul, they are always the first to pick up arms, dagger are always in there socks, dis is ther custom. The reason that they do dis is dat, dis is how they are brought up. They are trained in away dat, everyone is a threat, and majority of them have dis mentality, of kill or be killed.
This issue of insecurity in north does nt apply to every area sha. Some of the northerners are peaceful sha. But majority of them are hotheaded.
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by queenprecy(f): 5:04pm On Dec 13, 2014
Anambra, Awka precisely
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by swezenberg(m): 5:20pm On Dec 13, 2014
From the few states I know, Oyo might be too big to really evaluate, but let me start with Ibadan. Children raised in Ibadan tend to be very saucy and lack manners, I will pick Oyo town and Ogbomosho who train their kids to be very friendly over Ibadan. As for Osun, I will pick the entire state as the people from this state are genrally known to be very nice, cool headed and warm. As for Ondo state, they are enlightened but kids brought up here easily know what sex is all about just like Edo and Imo State. I guess Imo and Ondo's case can be attributed to the early awareness their kids get while it is rampant among Edos.

As for other states like Lagos, ofcourse they've got it all, the good the bad and the ugly. Your child will definitely now everything about life within and without. As for Ogun, they love flambouyancy and exhibition of affluence like Lagosians, but they could be very unfriendly to strangers expecially the Egbas and some part of the sates where the Owus hail from, they are highly vindictictive, Ex-President Obasanjo is from Owu but my mum had told me alot about them so don't think I generalised based on Obasanjo's character. Col. Adetunji Olurin also confirmed this when I had a chit chat with him 3 years ago. Ilorin people are very hardworking but could be very dogmatic and accept anything.
Ekitis are book worms and they hardly explore other areas excepts academics.

I happen to know the Imo people more in Igbo land. They are beautiful lovely and flaunt there beauty and prowess but they find it hard marrying outside their state and also find it hard to trust others.

Let me stop here for now. I think I will write more about others when I rememeber. This strictly my opinion based on my relationship with people from these states. I have lived with Northerners, South Easterners and Southwesterners and middle belters but I have had more encounter with these states than others not that I have not lived with Anambras or Enugu people but I don't seem to know much about them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by sonnie10: 5:21pm On Dec 13, 2014
Cross River State, Calabar in particular. Good schools from primary to tertiary. Low crime rate. Green environment. Low cost of living. Good hospitals. Power supply is better than most states. Surplus food. Low traffic. Cheap housing

The down side is that business is not as good there.
Re: The Best State To Raise Ones Kids by slimmax: 5:47pm On Dec 13, 2014
fuckerholic:

Tell me more about kaduna,what's so special about it ? I've not been there.
Its more of having a combination of unpredictable weather and a simplified life style, contrary to wat pple say about the north and hausas, you would be amazed to know dat the average hausa/malo man rocks beta dan most. Kaduna has a simple road network, u can neva get lost(yet the town is large and still expanding). Its location makes it accessible to other states with ease. There's more to it, you just have to experience it yourself, but wetin spoil am na security ish(which by d way is very minimal compared to other neighboring states).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nikki Catsura Death Photographer - Nikki Catsura Pics - Family Sues Police Men / The Two Boys Kidnapped By Their Nanny In Lagos Have Been Found / My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.