Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,340 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. (22849 Views)

Photos Of Olu Falae's Pickup Van After He Was Kidnapped On Monday / BRAEKING NEWS - Buhari Returns To Nigeria On Friday / Two Asians Kidnapped On Obasanjo's Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 14, 2014
On the Friday that just passed, I didn't have a dime on me and it was around 6pm so decided to take a drive to the ATM to make some withdrawals and do my TGIF routine. I got to New road in lekki, that's former Alfa beach road and a man in his 50s flagged me down. He had grey hair and looked like one of my dads friends. So I stopped and greeted him like I knew him because I thought he knew me and he looked responsible. He asked me to drop him in VGC ( Victoria Garden City), that his car broke down and pointed to his car which was a Mercedes-Benz G wagon. The car was parked opposite Ojumo market. My first instincts was how could a car like that break down suddenly because the car looked very new and second I thought why didn't he just use a cab but anyway I politely told him I wasn't going that direction and he said he wasn't asking me if I was going that way but asking for a favour that he had an important meeting and if I agreed to drop him, he would go to his car and pick up something and we can go. Again I politely said to him that I'm sorry, I have errands to run and he walked away. I went to the bank at chevron lekki, made my withdrawal but could see the car which was supposedly broken down from where I was because the bank if almost opposite the Ojomu market.

After making my cash redrawal, I went to buy petrol at Mobil and started heading back to my base which is.alpha beach and when I got to close to where this car was parked, I saw the break light come on and the car moved. So that means this man lied to me and had other motives. I don't know the motives but my mind says kidnapping things.

I like helping people and this man is someone I would have helped easily because VGC is no more than 10 mins drive from where I stay. But I thank God I did not because, I probably won't be here to tell the story.

Anyone who this happens to abeg don't fall for it, the man has some grey hair, wears glasses and can fool many people. This is December and people will do anything for money but they will not work for it.

May God keep us alive and give us wisdom to not fall for tricks like this.

176 Likes 34 Shares

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 14, 2014
na all this kind story go come make fp. na wao!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 14, 2014
diluminati:
na all this kind story go come make fp. na wao!

It's not a story, it happened to me on Friday. People need to know.

76 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by knightsTempler: 1:12pm On Dec 14, 2014
Thanks for sharing.

People should be watchful especially in the ember month.

18 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 14, 2014
ManInTheMirror:

It's not a story, it happened to me on Friday. People need to know.

and it happened from your own fantasy abi, not that it was an actual kidnapping but you thought it was and you are telling people to be wary of what you thought it was but didnt turn out to be what you thought it was. how dumb!

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by nedu2000(m): 1:16pm On Dec 14, 2014
Better thank your God,Two saturdays ago,I helped a middle aged well-dressed woman with some pack of chairs she claimed she just bought,when I stopped her at the b/stop,it was as though they were waiting for me,she came down and as she took a million years to take out her plastic chairs,I was robbed!!....she disappeared with d thugs

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by macpetrus(m): 1:18pm On Dec 14, 2014
Thank God for your Life... And Thanks for sharing..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 14, 2014
diluminati:

and it happened from your own fantasy abi, not that it was an actual kidnapping but you thought it was and you are telling people to be wary of what you thought it was but didnt turn out to be what you thought it was. how dumb!

Ok so do I try to prove to you that I'm sure this man was planning to kidnap and maybe something more or do I just shut up and ignore you. I think I will choose the later after all, its a free world. Blab on smiley

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by candiva2013(m): 1:21pm On Dec 14, 2014
One needs to be careful these days

3 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 14, 2014
nedu2000:
Better thank your God,Two saturdays ago,I helped a middle aged well-dressed woman with some pack of chairs she claimed she just bought,when I stopped her at the b/stop,it was as though they were waiting for me,she came down and as she took a million years to take out her plastic chairs,I was robbed!!....she disappeared with d thugs

Thank God for your life too, sometimes it pays not to be helpful to strangers.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by amunkita(m): 1:26pm On Dec 14, 2014
O boy dat man wan use u drive G. Wagon go village diz december.
Buh since he failed nah G. Wagon go b ur nxt car.
Oya claim am...

26 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by tron23(m): 1:30pm On Dec 14, 2014
Na wa oh.
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 14, 2014
amunkita:
O boy dat man wan use u drive G. Wagon go village diz december.
Buh since he failed nah G. Wagon go b ur nxt car.
Oya claim am...

Claimed wella but na Range Rover I want smiley

12 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 14, 2014
ManInTheMirror:

Thank God for your life too, sometimes it pays not to be helpful to strangers.
even people close or closer to you. The man may be after your car or cash

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by hisawesomeness(m): 1:35pm On Dec 14, 2014
diluminati:

WTF! Are u serious? U taking the dude's personal experience personal. Whatever happened to get ur own life. U either learn the lesson or suck a dick.

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 14, 2014
ManInTheMirror:

range rover don turn mario to naija people neck where we have alotta cars cool dan range rover to rode in
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by amunkita(m): 1:39pm On Dec 14, 2014
ManInTheMirror:

Oya go FBN go pay into dis acct. 302128451 for Change of Car Form..

6 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by studded(m): 1:48pm On Dec 14, 2014
diluminati:

Oga, y r u so sarcastic?

It's not fair, somborry was sharing is experience and u dey talk like dis....
Smh

12 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 14, 2014
b1327:
even people close or closer to you. The man may be after your car or cash

Or my human parts. Whatever it is, I'm glad I didnt help.

b1327:
range rover don turn mario to naija people neck where we have alotta cars cool dan range rover to rode in

I like the car na

amunkita:

Oya go FBN go pay into dis acct. 302128451 for Change of Car Form..

Why don't I kuku give you my atm cards and the pins. Sounds better abi?

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 14, 2014
hisawesomeness:
WTF! Are u serious? U taking the dude's personal experience personal. Whatever happened to get ur own life. U either learn the lesson or suck a dick.

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by amunkita(m): 1:56pm On Dec 14, 2014
ManInTheMirror:

Why don't I kuku give you my atm cards and the pins. Sounds better abi?

Watz atm card or u mean 'WHOT' card

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Janet101(f): 1:56pm On Dec 14, 2014
Thks for sharing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by free2ryhme: 2:02pm On Dec 14, 2014
ManInTheMirror:
On the Friday that just passed, I didn't have a dime on me and it was around 6pm so decided to take a drive to the ATM to make some withdrawals and do my TGIF routine. I got to New road in lekki, that's former Alfa beach road and a man in his 50s flagged me down. He had grey hair and looked like one of my dads friends. So I stopped and greeted him like I knew him because I thought he knew me and he looked responsible. He asked me to drop him in VGC ( Victoria Garden City), that his car broke down and pointed to his car which was a Mercedes-Benz G wagon. The car was parked opposite Ojumo market. My first instincts was how could a car like that break down suddenly because the car looked very new and second I thought why didn't he just use a cab but anyway I politely told him I wasn't going that direction and he said he wasn't asking me if I was going that way but asking for a favour that he had an important meeting and if I agreed to drop him, he would go to his car and pick up something and we can go. Again I politely said to him that I'm sorry, I have errands to run and he walked away. I went to the bank at chevron lekki, made my withdrawal but could see the car which was supposedly broken down from where I was because the bank if almost opposite the Ojomu market.

After making my cash redrawal, I went to buy petrol at Mobil and started heading back to my base which is.alpha beach and when I got to close to where this car was parked, I saw the break light come on and the car moved. So that means this man lied to me and had other motives. I don't know the motives but my mind says kidnapping things.

I like helping people and this man is someone I would have helped easily because VGC is no more than 10 mins drive from where I stay. But I thank God I did not because, I probably won't be here to tell the story.

Anyone who this happens to abeg don't fall for it, the man has some grey hair, wears glasses and can fool many people. This is December and people will do anything for money but they will not work for it.

May God keep us alive and give us wisdom to not fall for tricks like this.

it is post like this that deserve FrontPage not the yeye lindaikeji rubbish stan and lala dey push every 5 mins

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by free2ryhme: 2:03pm On Dec 14, 2014
they wont see this to push it on frontpage

well nairaland for you

3 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 14, 2014
So you live at alpha beach...u be pappy water?

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by agarawu23(m): 2:13pm On Dec 14, 2014
nigerians using there selves for ritual since 1850 (BBC)

thank God for yur life
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 14, 2014
His car probably couldnt start and he needed to get home, I dont think its kidnapping I believe, because no one kidnaps at random someone whose relative cant bring up real good sum that can even buy a G-wagon. It actually happened in your imagination.

5 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 14, 2014
When I was small,I was playing infront of our house,a car parked,and a man inside the car told me to give him some water to drink.

As I went to get the water,my mum was miraculously seated in the kitchen,she asked who do I want to give the water,I told him a man inside a car,only God knows what told her to follow me to give the man the water,as the man saw my mum following me at back,he started the car,and drove off with speed..

Only God knows what would have happened,if my mum wasn't in the kitchen..

Things are happening..

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2014
Billyonaire:
His car probably couldnt start and he needed to get home, I dont think its kidnapping I believe, because no one kidnaps at random someone whose relative cant bring up real good sum that can even buy a G-wagon. It actually happened in your imagination.

The car started and moved. Read post

3 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by widowhusband: 2:39pm On Dec 14, 2014
he needs fp connectiion first
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 14, 2014
YorubaJesus:

The car and moved. Read post
Well, if you drive high latest cars that work with sensors, something very simple can stop your car for a minute and allow it to start the next minute. I once went crazy calling my service center when my LandRover couldnt start at Tantalizer, not realizing that my gear lever wasnt pushed properly to end of P when I turned off the ignition, but the question is, why would a sensor block the starter for something as simple as that ? The OP is watching too much African Magic, and that channel has a way of fucking up people's common-sense.

5 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by kagari: 3:11pm On Dec 14, 2014
Billyonaire:
Well, if you drive high latest cars that work with sensors, something very simple can stop your car for a minute and allow it to start the next minute. I once went crazy calling my service center when my LandRover couldnt start at Tantalizer, not realizing that my gear lever wasnt pushed properly to end of P when I turned off the ignition, but the question is, why would a sensor block the starter for something as simple as that ? The OP is watching too much African Magic, and that channel has a way of fucking up people's common-sense.
This happens to virtually all automatics my man and not only high end cars

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut / 'May Sahara Reporters Burn In Hell':Fani Kayode Blasts Sahara Reporters / Mohammed Abubakar Congratulates Bala Mohammed, Governor-Elect Of Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.