Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. (22844 Views)

Photos Of Olu Falae's Pickup Van After He Was Kidnapped On Monday / BRAEKING NEWS - Buhari Returns To Nigeria On Friday / Two Asians Kidnapped On Obasanjo's Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by madgoat(m): 10:02pm On Dec 14, 2014
I don't give strangers lifts no matter how dey appeal. The security situation in the country does not permit such kind gestures.

3 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Samabu07(m): 10:05pm On Dec 14, 2014
This is no longer annoying but about making me to cry. What kind of useless thread keep hitting the front page?

I'm not surprised though. Nigerians simply can not manage anything...

#Pissed!
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by madgoat(m): 10:09pm On Dec 14, 2014
sorextee:
@op, you did the right thing o. In Niger state, a guy stopped, to pick an old man. Actually, the man demanded for money (20 bucks) as the guy stretched his hands, to give him the money, both of dem disappeared. He found himself in a ritualist den with other people. According to the guy, some rich alhaji's will come and select the ones they want (like a point and kill). To cut the story short, the butcher touched him, den he found himself in zaria. Some of u guys must have heard this story..
Moral of the story, one should be very careful wen helping a stranger.

grin grin u watch too much Nollywood movies
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Xynthialuvy(f): 10:20pm On Dec 14, 2014
diluminati:
na all this kind story go come make fp. na wao!

Nawa ooo. Dis one no good,dt one no good. Which one una want?
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Xynthialuvy(f): 10:23pm On Dec 14, 2014
Billyonaire:
An old man, with G-wagon that lives in VGC fits the profile of a kidnapper...LOL.

Have a beautiful Sun God Day, my friend.

Thanks.

Think it once more. What if all was a pland work? I mean jez to get sympathise....

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Xynthialuvy(f): 10:23pm On Dec 14, 2014
Billyonaire:
An old man, with G-wagon that lives in VGC fits the profile of a kidnapper...LOL.

Have a beautiful Sun God Day, my friend.

Thanks.

Think it once more. What if all was a pland work? I mean jez to get sympathiser....
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Xynthialuvy(f): 10:27pm On Dec 14, 2014
M4gunners:
Jumping into conclusion that he is a kidnapper is what i don't understand. He may be a ritualist too.

Atleast,he kidnap b4 he take am do ritual. All nah same same

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 14, 2014
shadowgwalker:
I have range rover 2008 for sale. very cheap, just mention me! :*)
it goes for just 3million. no bargaining, my number 08034382495
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by F22RAPTOR(m): 11:26pm On Dec 14, 2014
Nursy:
This is funny! grin.... Na so u fear reach?
My sis, no be fear oh, na wisdom. The guy was huge, I had to make way.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 14, 2014
ManInTheMirror:

Ok so do I try to prove to you that I'm sure this man was planning to kidnap and maybe something more or do I just shut up and ignore you. I think I will choose the later after all, its a free world. Blab on smiley
Bro, ignore her, u mustnt reply the sick fvck
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 14, 2014
''BE CAREFUL''

''YOU CAN NEVER BE TOO CAREFUL''

''PLEASE TAKE IT EASY O AND BE SAFE''

These are general things we say to ourselves even when we do not know what might actually happen. We say it to our loved ones, etc. IF WE SAY THESE THINGS ON NORMAL DAYS why would someone with an experience such as posted here not share this? It surprises me the type of comments we have posted here already.

He should have followed the old man (that is if he really is an old man) to find out what he had planned before coming to share his experience here? Some Nairalanders and their exhibition of '' I can quarrel online attitude''. Is it that some of you see your selves as ''best insulters online'' or what?

If you do not think that a man who seemingly lied about his car breaking down, and who tried to trick another person to change his route to his benefit is not suspicious then leave it at that. Simply say you do not believe or you do not think so and say why for all of us to learn. Instead of being rabid about the post.

We are quick to resort to name calling and yet without any substance to prove our point, showing how knowledge deficient and disrespectful some of us really are.

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by DICKtator: 12:36am On Dec 15, 2014
ellechrystal:

Buhahahahaha. @suck a dick..Buhahaha

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 12:57am On Dec 15, 2014
diluminati:
na all this kind story go come make fp. na wao!
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by GBTYO: 1:06am On Dec 15, 2014
OP is paranoid.

I don't think he meant any harm.

Given that you saw him enter the same vehicle he pointed out as his means that he was actually not lying about him owning the car.

The car might not have broken down. He might not have told you in detail what exactly was wrong with his car but maybe he could not start it. It could be that he was not used to driving it. From his description he might have had a driver drive him around. He might have simply not known how to deactivate the security.

On not using a cab, he might not have any cash with him and wanted your help.

WE all need help sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by ellechrystal(f): 2:55am On Dec 15, 2014
DICKtator:

Pray, what amuses you about the "suck a dicck" line.

Hope it ain't what I am thinking though!!!!!!

grin grin grin grin
Dicktator!!!!! Hahaha.
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Mariecakes(f): 3:00am On Dec 15, 2014
We should all just be vigilant...things are happening ..very funny things....sooo for me, young/old, ugly/fine, man/woman...kind gesture in this dangerous times ?? NO!!!
I am very sure there arr some kidnappers on nairaland gan...

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by agohavivi(f): 5:21am On Dec 15, 2014
Isnt there a slim possibility that he wasnt the owner of the car and only claimed he owned it so that you wouldnt look down on him and probably give him a ride? @poster, you saw the car move but were you able to confirm that he was the one driving? Just asking.

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by porka: 6:11am On Dec 15, 2014
GBTYO:
OP is paranoid.

I don't think he meant any harm.

Given that you saw him enter the same vehicle he pointed out as his means that he was actually not lying about him owning the car.

The car might not have broken down. He might not have told you in detail what exactly was wrong with his car but maybe he could not start it. It could be that he was not used to driving it. From his description he might have had a driver drive him around. He might have simply not known how to deactivate the security.

On not using a cab, he might not have any cash with him and wanted your help.

WE all need help sometimes.

He would certainly have called the driver (or someone else; wife, friends, neighbors etc) and wait by the car.

Meanwhile, cab's service is paid after delivery not before.

Obeying your instinct more in life is a good strategy. He may or may not have meant any evil.

You prevent a lot of negatives by being vigilant.

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by adebayoggt(m): 6:18am On Dec 15, 2014
diluminati:

and it happened from your own fantasy abi, not that it was an actual kidnapping but you thought it was and you are telling people to be wary of what you thought it was but didnt turn out to be what you thought it was. how dumb!
teenagers should be banned on dis forum.
we learn from our experience or that of others...

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by uyigideon(m): 6:40am On Dec 15, 2014
Careful can't save or protect you this time of the year where evil are what you now hear everyday. It's time to hold on to Jesus Christ for guardians and for protection.
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by nellyelitz(m): 7:47am On Dec 15, 2014
I bless God for leading u
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by justi4jesu(f): 8:17am On Dec 15, 2014
uyigideon:
Careful can't save or protect you this time of the year where evil are what you now hear everyday. It's time to hold on to Jesus Christ for guardians and for protection.

That's just it.
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 15, 2014
Ok..... Noted
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by chubbypearl(f): 9:29am On Dec 15, 2014
Lol...i wish sometimes that most "doubting thomases"will actually have real life experiences so that they will realise that strange things do happen.i was walking home with a friend one evening and we had to get a cab where they usually line up.i was in front walking fast and when i turned,i didnt see my friend beside me.i looked back and he was surronded by an old man and three guys.A passerby will think they were just having a conversation because they had cornered him but i knew something was wrong.i crossed over to the middle lane and just started shouting his name,pratically screaming his name(i was attracting people attention to them coz when they see me screaming,dey will look at the direction i was facing.The unwanted attention made them go in seperate directions but not before they had removed the cash in his front pocket,dey tore the pocket sef.when he came to meet me,he was so angry becoz i asked him how could he have let that happen,knowing that place is not so safe,he said the old man approached him first,dat is why he stopped and before he could say "jack",d rest of d guys appeared so people,always be alert!

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by olamega(m): 11:11am On Dec 15, 2014
About 3 years ago, I picked up an elderly man, when I was about dropping him he told me thus: "young man, May I know why you decided to help me?" And he continued by saying: " you see, we live in a dangerous world where you have to be very careful, I can see you're young and this car is a new one. Be careful of picking strangers on the road, you never can tell who is good or who will harm you. Things happen!"
He finished and alighted, I thanked him was dumb founded for a while.
So for all the "doubting Thomases" , it's better to be safe than to be sorry.

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Originalsly: 11:40am On Dec 15, 2014
I don't think it was kidnapping or robbery...and those high end Benz, BMW and especially Range Rovers from a few years back do break down suddenly. His may start but can't drive. To say it broke down I will buy...but to leave it on the road and say he has an important meeting to attend would make me suspicious. He should be the one afraid of being kidnapped by you. ....a random guy he stopped. Maybe the car was stolen and shut down by the security system but whatever it was...his excuse is not good. For your own safety. ..do not pick up strangers especially if they flag you down.

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Lispgreen: 11:43am On Dec 15, 2014
[b][/b]Thanks for sharing! Peeps we all should be careful, it doesnt hurt to be security conscious.
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by delishpot: 1:05pm On Dec 15, 2014
Billyonaire:
So, we can conclude that something minute may have stopped the car from starting, requiring the old man to seek assistance. Now we have a thread of a kidnap that never happened except in the mind of the OP.

Ok, when you are approached for help by that man, you are free to help him.

OP, we thank God for you. Many people did not live to tell their story.

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by delishpot: 1:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
dabriggs:
''BE CAREFUL''

''YOU CAN NEVER BE TOO CAREFUL''

''PLEASE TAKE IT EASY O AND BE SAFE''

These are general things we say to ourselves even when we do not know what might actually happen. We say it to our loved ones, etc. IF WE SAY THESE THINGS ON NORMAL DAYS why would someone with an experience such as posted here not share this? It surprises me the type of comments we have posted here already.

He should have followed the old man (that is if he really is an old man) to find out what he had planned before coming to share his experience here? Some Nairalanders and their exhibition of '' I can quarrel online attitude''. Is it that some of you see your selves as ''best insulters online'' or what?

If you do not think that a man who seemingly lied about his car breaking down, and who tried to trick another person to change his route to his benefit is not suspicious then leave it at that. Simply say you do not believe or you do not think so and say why for all of us to learn. Instead of being rabid about the post.

We are quick to resort to name calling and yet without any substance to prove our point, showing how knowledge deficient and disrespectful some of us really are.

My brother, with some stupid comments I have seen here, its no surprise why kidnappers still have victims to pick.
Some will even want the OP to follow the old man home.
Walahi, with some otondo mugus here eh, ritual killers will not find it difficult to get steady fresh heads and parts, tufiakwaaa. Upon all the warnings their mothers gave to them? All the dont talk to strangers lecture, dont trust strangers lessons, a stranger is a stranger even if he/ she jist with you as if you uave known each other for years. Evil people still want to push the OP into a possible early grave. Tufiakwa. I suspect them. I smell those people are afraid of bad market, so they will do stuff to disscredit the OP and make people feel comfortable helping head hunters/ robbers who pose as old men, young women, old women etc in need of physical help
Its a diff thing if that old man asked for money to buy credit to call soneone for help or to pay taxi to get home but to give a strange fellow a lift? Hell noooo!
Instead, I will call a cab and pay the driver to deliver the old man to his place of choice. No physical help o.

3 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by studded(m): 5:23pm On Dec 15, 2014
monique1999:
Do you need an urgent loan if yes call me on this number: +23452086175, or email: moniquebrandon08@gmail.com

U be banker?... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5000 PDP Members Decamp To APC In Kano (Photos) / Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch / Video: How I Was Tortured While In Prison - Lawyer Inibehe Effiong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.