Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,692 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. (22840 Views)

Photos Of Olu Falae's Pickup Van After He Was Kidnapped On Monday / BRAEKING NEWS - Buhari Returns To Nigeria On Friday / Two Asians Kidnapped On Obasanjo's Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 14, 2014
kagari:

This happens to virtually all automatics my man and not only high end cars
Even my 1980s w123 has this feature. grin
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by fireforfire: 8:21pm On Dec 14, 2014
diluminati:

and it happened from your own fantasy abi, not that it was an actual kidnapping but you thought it was and you are telling people to be wary of what you thought it was but didnt turn out to be what you thought it was. how dumb!

wetin b ur own?
if u dnt believe d story, park well let others leqrn frm it

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Okijajuju1(m): 8:23pm On Dec 14, 2014
ManInTheMirror:
On the Friday that just passed, I didn't have a dime on me and it was around 6pm so decided to take a drive to the ATM to make some withdrawals and do my TGIF routine. I got to New road in lekki, that's former Alfa beach road and a man in his 50s flagged me down. He had grey hair and looked like one of my dads friends. So I stopped and greeted him like I knew him because I thought he knew me and he looked responsible. He asked me to drop him in VGC ( Victoria Garden City), that his car broke down and pointed to his car which was a Mercedes-Benz G wagon. The car was parked opposite Ojumo market. My first instincts was how could a car like that break down suddenly because the car looked very new and second I thought why didn't he just use a cab but anyway I politely told him I wasn't going that direction and he said he wasn't asking me if I was going that way but asking for a favour that he had an important meeting and if I agreed to drop him, he would go to his car and pick up something and we can go. Again I politely said to him that I'm sorry, I have errands to run and he walked away. I went to the bank at chevron lekki, made my withdrawal but could see the car which was supposedly broken down from where I was because the bank if almost opposite the Ojomu market.

After making my cash redrawal, I went to buy petrol at Mobil and started heading back to my base which is.alpha beach and when I got to close to where this car was parked, I saw the break light come on and the car moved. So that means this man lied to me and had other motives. I don't know the motives but my mind says kidnapping things.

I like helping people and this man is someone I would have helped easily because VGC is no more than 10 mins drive from where I stay. But I thank God I did not because, I probably won't be here to tell the story.

Anyone who this happens to abeg don't fall for it, the man has some grey hair, wears glasses and can fool many people. This is December and people will do anything for money but they will not work for it.

May God keep us alive and give us wisdom to not fall for tricks like this.

Do not ever give rides to hitch hikers.. NEVER!

IF you are traveling across state lines, never stop to assess your car when people standing by the roadside keep pointing at your car like there is something wrong. Its a trick that they use to scam you out of your money or worse; ROB YOU.

3 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by otiigba1(m): 8:24pm On Dec 14, 2014
nedu2000:
Better thank your God,Two saturdays ago,I helped a middle aged well-dressed woman with some pack of chairs she claimed she just bought,when I stopped her at the b/stop,it was as though they were waiting for me,she came down and as she took a million years to take out her plastic chairs,I was robbed!!....she disappeared with d thugs
very funny grin grin grin really? na wao! so one could not trust even old people nawadays?
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nursy(f): 8:28pm On Dec 14, 2014
F22RAPTOR:

Thank God for you bro, I had a close call with some of them at maitama district a few weeks back on my way back from work; two cars parked with engines running, doors opened. There are about 4 guys around and one of them starts to approach me and is like "bros abeg come make i ask you somtin". My brother, I screamed "abeg leave me" while accelerating my footsteps grin . After I was at a safe distance I looked back, lo and behold they had driven off. No time oh
This is funny! grin.... Na so u fear reach?
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by musicwriter(m): 8:30pm On Dec 14, 2014
@ManInTheMirror.
From your own narative, I can tell you no one wanted to kidnap you. That man most likely needed your help for real. Unfortunately, our barins have been warped up in Nigeria due to lack of trust among people.

Let me tell you; I was robbed on the expressway in 2008 early in the morning around 4.30am, and before the thieves got at me I ran across the other side of the road and there was this man with a peugeot car driving past. The man took a glance and saw what was happening and he knew I was being pursued by people. But when I waved him to stop and signaled help he wanted to carry me, stretched his hand to open the door for me but midway he hesitated and sped off. He wasn't just sure whether I genuinely needed help.
Alone, on the other side of the road the thieves ran over to get at me but I ran across the other side again. We did this for like 3 times until the thieves spread themselves on both sides of the road and blew me down and robbed me.

The point I want to make here is the driver that hesitated to carry me probably think I was one of the thieves. He will probably go home and start telling people how thieves wanted to trick him to stop on the expressway.

6 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by onegig(m): 8:35pm On Dec 14, 2014
nedu2000:
Better thank your God,Two saturdays ago,I helped a middle aged well-dressed woman with some pack of chairs she claimed she just bought,when I stopped her at the b/stop,it was as though they were waiting for me,she came down and as she took a million years to take out her plastic chairs,I was robbed!!....she disappeared with d thugs
That is an age long style they use. She would stop at a pre agreed point and wait for her co robbers.

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by jsunex(m): 8:37pm On Dec 14, 2014
Xmass is here tins happening
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by otiigba1(m): 8:37pm On Dec 14, 2014
Nursy:
This is funny! grin.... Na so u fear reach?
grin grin abi o! he dont want to take any risks atall

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by tonididdy(m): 8:45pm On Dec 14, 2014
Its a 50-50 situation.

You stop-u could get robbed or worse.
You didn't stop-it means u left a poor oldman stranded on the highway in d dark.

So nobody is to blame herd.

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by andyanders: 8:50pm On Dec 14, 2014
Note, it is a VERY BIG risk to give ANY stranger a lift because most people get killed or robbed. Never stop for anybody on highway or anywhere you get to and you are been flagged down for a ride or help or whatever, never fall for that. At times, when you notice a car run into you through the rear, never stop because you could be robbed. most robbers use same way to rob their victims.

Never give some ladies ride on highways because most of them are robbers and could ask you to stop that they are pressed and when you do that, their group will come down and rob or even kill you and go away with your car.

Op, you did the right thing.No matter the person's age, never stop. No responsible man can just be asking for a ride as he can afford to pick a drop if something wrong happened to his car.

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 14, 2014
Bossforeva:
LR4?
Not really, the RR14
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 14, 2014
So one can't even help a fellow human being with peace of mind again. undecided
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Mcslize: 9:10pm On Dec 14, 2014
diluminati:

and it happened from your own fantasy abi, not that it was an actual kidnapping but you thought it was and you are telling people to be wary of what you thought it was but didnt turn out to be what you thought it was. how dumb!

Na wa for u sef. The OP did well to share dis eyes opening story. What do u think could be d motive of d man in d first place if nt bad motive? How can a car that said to have broken down within few minutes of the OP withdrawing money frm d ATM and turning back to where d car was parked d car had already started moving. Does that seems like a miracle or somtin? Make una shine una eyes o. Na chrismas season una dey so. People like u can easily be decieved no offence meant.

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Abdgafarplenty(m): 9:15pm On Dec 14, 2014
Dagah2:

must you find this nd comment on it
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Mcslize: 9:16pm On Dec 14, 2014
Billyonaire:
His car probably couldnt start and he needed to get home, I dont think its kidnapping I believe, because no one kidnaps at random someone whose relative cant bring up real good sum that can even buy a G-wagon. It actually happened in your imagination.

Guy shine ur eyes. The bad ones come in a sheep clothing. Shine ur eyes my guy. Be smart. Who zuor for dis Niger dem go do am strong thing. Most of those people are either 419, kidnappers, or arm robbers. And u forget say we dey Chrismas season. Abi u never hear say dem dey use people do ritualist alot dis kind season? Don't be a victim.

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Mcslize: 9:19pm On Dec 14, 2014
Yomieluv:
When I was small,I was playing infront of our house,a car parked,and a man inside the car told me to give him some water to drink.

As I went to get the water,my mum was miraculously seated in the kitchen,she asked who do I want to give the water,I told him a man inside a car,only God knows what told her to follow me to give the man the water,as the man saw my mum following me at back,he started the car,and drove off with speed..

Only God knows what would have happened,if my mum wasn't in the kitchen..

Things are happening..

Thats it...that was a ritualist. They normally kidnap little children to do ritual some years ago and it still happens til date. Some only touch they wil touch u ..d person wil just disappear wit d child. The wise ones will learn frm all these experiences

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:20pm On Dec 14, 2014
ManInTheMirror:

Ok so do I try to prove to you that I'm sure this man was planning to kidnap and maybe something more or do I just shut up and ignore you. I think I will choose the later after all, its a free world. Blab on smiley

Good response to a clown!

Thank God for your life.

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by sorextee(m): 9:32pm On Dec 14, 2014
This is very related.. mine was at nicon junction. They will stop you to ask for an unknown direction.. my colleague was robbed at Sherston junction some days back..
F22RAPTOR:

Thank God for you bro, I had a close call with some of them at maitama district a few weeks back on my way back from work; two cars parked with engines running, doors opened. There are about 4 guys around and one of them starts to approach me and is like "bros abeg come make i ask you somtin". My brother, I screamed "abeg leave me" while accelerating my footsteps grin . After I was at a safe distance I looked back, lo and behold they had driven off. No time oh
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by martin92(m): 9:35pm On Dec 14, 2014
Thank God oh
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by chimzy2u: 9:35pm On Dec 14, 2014
diluminati:
na all this kind story go come make fp. na wao!
. What are u talking about? This is a serious admonition. What do u wanna rather read in fp? Wiz kid flaunts his new tattoo? Chris Okotie fleet of cars... Ogaa oo

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nostradamu(m): 9:36pm On Dec 14, 2014
ManInTheMirror:

Ok so do I try to prove to you that I'm sure this man was planning to kidnap and maybe something more or do I just shut up and ignore you. I think I will choose the later after all, its a free world. Blab on smiley

Abeg dnt answer miscreants else u become one (world war -Z tins)...besides,hw we nnot so sure this person sayinng ur dumb is not one of those people that tried to kidnap you sef? Anyways, nice on op for sharing this with us. Good bless u immensely,no knowledge is lost or wasted,also it's high time we use our only weapon (the internet) to fight back at the madness happening in our society. When we learn to use it well,we tell dose a-holes that we're at the top of the FOOD CHAIN, we're APEX PREDATORS and they (the would-be kidnappers,robbers,scammers etc) have become the prey. We can do this because we now know their M.O and deres nowhere to hide for them.....Please fellow NL's let's make use of this medium and share our experiences for others to learn from.....once again,good job op!

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by sorextee(m): 9:38pm On Dec 14, 2014
This is funny.. grin grin I could imagine the scenario (switching road back and forth) but wetin u find go outside by dat time?
musicwriter:
@ManInTheMirror.
From your own narative, I can tell you no one wanted to kidnap you. That man most likely needed your help for real. Unfortunately, our barins have been warped up in Nigeria due to lack of trust among people.

Let me tell you; I was robbed on the expressway in 2008 early in the morning around 4.30am, and before the thieves got at me I ran across the other side of the road and there was this man with a peugeot car driving past. The man took a glance and saw what was happening and he knew I was being pursued by people. But when I waved him to stop and signaled help he wanted to carry me, stretched his hand to open the door for me but midway he hesitated and sped off. He wasn't just sure whether I genuinely needed help.
Alone, on the other side of the road the thieves ran over to get at me but I ran across the other side again. We did this for like 3 times until the thieves spread themselves on both sides of the road and blew me down and robbed me.

The point I want to make here is the driver that hesitated to carry me probably think I was one of the thieves. He will probably go home and start telling people how thieves wanted to trick him to stop on the expressway.

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by nedu2000(m): 9:39pm On Dec 14, 2014
otiigba1:
very funny grin grin grin really? na wao! so one could not trust even old people nawadays?
they take advantage of the fact that u'll probably show more pity & compassion to an elderly person to a younger person,its unfortunate really

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by MistadeRegal(m): 9:43pm On Dec 14, 2014
Yours is better dude. I boarded a bus not knowing that it's ONE CHANCE people. But to cut the story short, I was lucky when GOD intervened and made me escape at Shagamu bus stop.
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nostradamu(m): 9:43pm On Dec 14, 2014
musicwriter:
@ManInTheMirror.

Ma broda sense dey wetin u talk ooooooo..............hmmmm,men what a very very dicey situation;two sides of a coin.

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 14, 2014
Billyonaire:
Not really, the RR14
you real Billionaire mehn.. if tis the vogue we are talking about, Urmm can we do business together?
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Jasi7(m): 9:44pm On Dec 14, 2014
diluminati:

Sister listen up....didnt u hear where he said on his way back d wagon's break lights came on and it was moved.....even if d guy is lying shouldnt u be careful in this period,wetin dey do u sef?

1 Like

Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 14, 2014
sorextee:
This is funny.. grin grin I could imagine the scenario (switching road back and forth) but wetin u find go outside by dat time?
do you think Lagos is that Borno you are living, where people don't go out at that time
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by nedu2000(m): 9:46pm On Dec 14, 2014
onegig:
That is an age long style they use. She would stop at a pre agreed point and wait for her co robbers.
if all the criminals stand in front of me now and in my hand I have a loaded gun with a single bullet,I'll shoot the woman a 1000x overs......'Cause God knows it with a pure heart I helped her,she even offer me money and I refused,its painful o
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by kingthreat(m): 9:47pm On Dec 14, 2014
Never give anyone a ride at night
Re: I Almost Got Kidnapped On Friday. People Beware Of This. by sorextee(m): 9:48pm On Dec 14, 2014
@op, you did the right thing o. In Niger state, a guy stopped, to pick an old man. Actually, the man demanded for money (20 bucks) as the guy stretched his hands, to give him the money, both of dem disappeared. He found himself in a ritualist den with other people. According to the guy, some rich alhaji's will come and select the ones they want (like a point and kill). To cut the story short, the butcher touched him, den he found himself in zaria. Some of u guys must have heard this story..
Moral of the story, one should be very careful wen helping a stranger.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Can Never Be My President / Ondo PDP Suspends 22 Members For Anti-party Activities / Lalong Appoints Shehu Bala, Hausa-Fulani As Chairman, Plateau Indigenes Kick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.