Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes (75433 Views)

Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. / Govt. May Shift Polls By Six Weeks - Dailytimes / Who Is Buhari's VP, Osinbajo, Osinbajo Or Osibanjo? Right Spelling Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 15, 2014
AJINATU:
Nna, wetin una want again?

They gave you Fashola, you said you dont want muslim-muslim ticket; now they gave you Professor Yemi Osinbajo, a senior pastor at RCCG, you aint pleased with it at again.

Anyway, !!!
bros, the guy knows he's a religious extremist, he doesn't need to field pastor running mates repeatedly to debunk the accusation, by his fruits we shall know him.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by spankyflex(m): 5:20pm On Dec 15, 2014
rhymz:
I see where this is going. In politics, never trust a Yoruba man when he is busy shouting change! Change! Meanwhile underneath is their true intention to install a Yoruba man. It is very obvious Buhari is lethargic and would relinquish the main business of leadership to his vice, this is going to be another Buhari-Tunde Idiagbon set up, where the VP will be doing most of the work and indirectly become more powerful than his Nominal boss.

Trust me, you can't trust a Yoruba's man intentions when he start doing everything in his power to install and indirectly control you. I won't be surprised if the likes of Tinubu are envisaging a Yaradua situation with Buhari.
Amaechi is a nincompoop if he let's them by-pass him and choose some inexperience Tinubu lackey.

Seriously, any igbo man wey dey APC is wasting his time, the only justification to be in that party is if you want to use it as a platform to contest an election in the event they didn't win in the PDP. I thought these fools were all about change and putting people that can win elections, the bigots are all about themselves and the Yoruba political grip on power, all that change! Change! Na political abracadabra.

Let's face it, we all know that Buhari is not intellectually sound or even understand anything about how to lead a country a run an economy the size of Nigeria's. So the plan is for continued Yoruba dominance of the Nigerian civil service and political economy. If there is any any doubt that the APC is a scam, this has put paid to that doubt. APC us not just a Yoruba party but a Tinubu tool to ride to power. As the days go buy since the primaries, it is becoming clear that this election is between Tinubu and the PDP and not for any fucking change.
so true
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Firefire(m): 5:20pm On Dec 15, 2014
KwoiZabo:
LOL. My ribs are cracking cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bros small small oooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 15, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Rotimi Amaechi could be reserved for the Senate. He may end up being the Senate President. Don't forget, he has legislative experience, having been the Speaker of Rivers State House of Assembly from 1999 to 2003. During this period, he was the Chairman of the Committee of State Legislators.
Tinubu's wife, Oluremi Tinubu, will be the next Senate President.
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by KwoiZabo(m): 5:23pm On Dec 15, 2014
Firefire:

Bros small small oooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Guy Osinbajo means dancing with poverty grin grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 15, 2014
goldfings:

u no like bulldozer
grin

Sorry ooooo internal colonialists

Any one but get ready to depend on cocoa - groundnut wealth
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by spankyflex(m): 5:23pm On Dec 15, 2014
taiwotosho22:

Hnmm.. Yoruba people are wise, the know how to play politics. In my own view Osinbanjo is the best running mate, because if SW didn't produce the VP, they will vote against Buhari and morever, don't forget SW is the stronghold of APC #fact.
so it was all about Yoruba interest not change

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by taiwotosho22(m): 5:24pm On Dec 15, 2014
daprincel:
. I actualy felt Amaechi as Vp wulda gotten dem d South south/East, since APC alrdy av SWest in deir pocket........
Yoruba no be mumu, they work hard b4 setting up APC, so don't think they will give VP slot to other tribe. IMPOSSIBLE #fact

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by datribune: 5:25pm On Dec 15, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Internal colonialists (Hausa Fulani Yoruba )

Go buy your farm tools

I hope you can stabilize cocoa-groundnut market

No GEJ No Oil No Nigeria

Fact

Sorry son, ur tantrums can not change d facts about dis president. He has failed. In ur warped, deluded & bigoted mind we should mortgage d well-being of generations unborn on d alter of tribalism by voting 4 GEJ again simply because he is frm d south like us even if he has no achievement to point to?. Sorry only fools keep doing d same thing & expect a different result. Enjoy ur sycophancy while it lasts because change is coming. d clueless one is on d homestrech of his presidency. SAI BUHARI.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by deucelaw: 5:25pm On Dec 15, 2014
I read comment on NL at times and i SMH....People are more concerned about Amaechi's downfall rather than who the right candidate should be, People are concerned about being loyal to a SS "brother" rather than being committed to a "Nigerian Course". We are looking at how to gather vote at the expense of who can perform. We leave what really matters and allow sentiments of religion and socio cultural differences becloud our minds.

The question we should be asking is who would make the difference in this Nation?. Some of us are joking around with the state of this nation. Its a serious matter that every right thinking mind should bother about. I wish some people can just get a true glimpse of the state of the Nation, and am sure they would find it difficult to go to bed until there is a change.

For me, am not concerned about where the president or Vice is from, his religion or whether he is a veteran politician. As long as the track record is there and i can buy the vision. I will go for it because that is where the change is likely to come from.

And if you are happy the way the country is going, if you think this is the best Nigeria deserves, and you want to maintain Status quo.....then i wish you the best....but remember, in civilized societies, even high performing governments are voted out office to be replaced by a super performing government....Ask Winston Churchill.

#myquid

9 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2014
If there is anything this news has convinced the ppl sitting on the fence to support goodluck and more buhari supporters sitting on the fence. I just came bak frm wrk passing through the popular news paperstand and I can tell you the APC loyalist are disappointed. Tinubu has made the SW not to be intrested in the presidential election all I see is 2011 playing out again.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by taiwotosho22(m): 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2014
spankyflex:
It's part of politics in Nigeria
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 15, 2014
taiwotosho22:

Yoruba no be mumu, they work hard b4 setting up APC, so don't think they will give VP slot to other tribe. IMPOSSIBLE #fact

Answer this question

spankyflex:

You can now see internal Nigeria's internal colonialists.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Firefire(m): 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2014
KwoiZabo:
Guy Osinbajo means dancing with poverty grin grin grin

I think you are slightly wrong wink

Osi = Poverty

bajo = meaningless in literal translation

but

banjo = dance with me

hence, Osinbajo = Your interpretation {dancing with poverty }

whatever, the man Osinbajo or Osibanjo is updating his profile to include Formal Running Mate of General Mohamodu Buhari in 2015 Presidential Election. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by KwoiZabo(m): 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2014
picaso77:
Professor Yemi Osinbajo is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria and Senior Partner in the Law firm of Simmons Cooper Partners.

His tertiary education was at the University of Lagos and the London School of Economics and Political Science obtaining the LLB and LLM degrees respectively.

He was appointed Lagos State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in 1999 and reappointed for a second term in 2003. During the period of his public service, he commenced the Lagos State justice reform project. A prominent feature of that project was the establishment of the Directorate for Citizens’ Rights (DCR) which provides free legal services and legal representation to indigent citizens of the state. This initiative gave a voice to many who would otherwise not have a way to access their rights.

Prior to that appointment, Osinbajo, a Professor of Law, was the Head of Public Law at the Faculty of Law, University of Lagos. Between 1988 and 1992, he was the Special Adviser to the Attorney-General and Minister of Justice of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

He also served as a staff member of the United Nations and Member of the United Nation’s Secretary General’s Committee of Experts on Conduct and Discipline of UN Peacekeeping personnel around the globe. He is currently an Ethics Advisor to the Ethics Committee of the African Development Bank and is a non-executive Director of Citibank.

Prof. Osinbajo is Co-founder & Board Member Convention on Business Integrity and the Justice Research Institute Ltd. He has also authored several law books. In 2007, Prof. and his wife Oludolapo founded “The Orderly Society Trust”, a non- governmental organization that is dedicated to the promotion of Christian ethics and orderliness.

He also pastors at Olive Tree House of Prayer for All Nations, Banana Island, a parish of the RCCG and lives in Lagos with his wife and three children.
This CV can only give APC votes on Nairaland. For grassroot? Rubbish. Dem go dey look for where Goodluck own dey. PeeeDeeePeee. Power. Coasting smoothly to victory grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
When I said tinubu is preparing buhari for failure nobody belived me. Left to tinubu the primaries would have been rigged for kwankwanso, but it would destroy the party. Rember tambuwal was obasanjo's candidate. And dats what gave tambuwal the hope he could win the primaries. Now a fayemi is even more popular than this osibanjo. Why was he not used. APC trolls just wait and see how ur Godfather would betray you all again.
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
datribune:

Sorry son, ur tantrums can not change d facts about dis president. He has failed. In ur warped, deluded & bigoted mind we should mortgage d well-being of generations unborn on d alter of tribalism by voting 4 GEJ again simply because he is frm d south like us even if he has no achievement to point to?. Sorry only fools keep doing d same thing & expect a different result. Enjoy ur sycophancy while it lasts because change is coming. d clueless one is on d homestrech of his presidency. SAI BUHARI.

Internal colonialists ( Yorubas ) should have proven to us that they are sophisticated by voting Buhari instead of OBJ in 2003
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by mctech(m): 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
courage54:
Am from Niger-Delta and a christian but am voting for Buhari along side with my entire Family.

What can I say I have gained from this present government for the past six years?

1.I still queue up to buy fuel at filling station even at a higher price
2. I even paid my hard earn money to get a government job but instead of getting the job I ended up thanking God that I wasn't among those that lost their lives in the process
3. Even as am typing this now am using a generator to charge my phone in order not to miss my darling nairaland for too long
4. My immediate younger sister is at home now because her school is on strike (that is UNITY schools)
5. What about my friends that are still unemployed after many years of service.
6. A neighbour of mine just lost her new born baby because of health workers strike.
7. Our sisters are still in captivity in the north and nobody is doing anything about it, so I don't think I will like to continue like this for the next four years so I demand a change and only BUHARI can bring that change.
Enough of This Jonathan govt of "Lootocracy.
God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Niger-Delta
Sai Buhari
Valid points! Unlike the brain-dead people who chant GEJ to 2019 having gained absolutely nothing from his administration.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Sorry ooooo internal colonialists

Any one but get ready to depend on cocoa - groundnut wealth

How does Nana sound to you?
Original itsekiri boi grin

please identify yaself
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2014
bossmini84:
When I said tinubu is preparing buhari for failure nobody belived me. Left to tinubu the primaries would have been rigged for kwankwanso, but it would destroy the party. Rember tambuwal was obasanjo's candidate. And dats what gave tambuwal the hope he could win the primaries. Now a fayemi is even more popular than this osibanjo. Why was he not used. APC trolls just wait and see how ur Godfather would betray you all again.

Nigeria internal colonialists ( Hausa Fulani Yoruba ) are in for a surprise
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Virgindove(f): 5:32pm On Dec 15, 2014
kettykin:
PDP chieftains must be having the last laugh , what an easy sail for Goodluck Jonathan , Tinubu has really killed Buhari, Atiku would not make this kind of Mistake if he was chosen .

people can now go to sleep as 2015 Election has just been concluded , my BPwas high after Buhari won convincingly but with this goof , i can now tell goodluck congratulations on your second term
MUMU extra
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by April4th(m): 5:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
9jii:
I Believed if Amechie wants VP slot he would've gotten it.
APC members are not about self ego,they are bout working together for the Interest of Nigerians.they're changed men and women.

THE CHANGE IS COMING 2015
ITS OVER FOR THE CORRUPT

Amaechi is not corrupt? Are u sure u reside in Nigeria?

Hmmmmm
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by chamboy(m): 5:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
Collect Ur PVC n Vote Wisely ****in Pastor Adeboye's Voice****

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
goldfings:

How does Nana sound to you?
Original itsekiri boi grin

please identify yaself

And you think we don't know Itsekiri are Yoruba relatives

Internal colonialists ( Yorubas ) should get ready to live without oil.
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by adaybayor(m): 5:34pm On Dec 15, 2014
Firefire:

I think you are slightly wrong wink

Osi = Poverty

bajo = meaningless in literal translation

but

banjo = dance with me

hence, Osinbajo = Your interpretation {dancing with poverty }

whatever, the man Osinbajo or Osibanjo is updating his profile to include Formal Running Mate of General Mohamodu Buhari in 2015 Presidential Election. grin grin grin

sorry you are very wrong, stop reading yoruba like english.

Osi is pronounced as Orshi, it is different from Oshi which means povertyy.

dont assume you know, learn to learn.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Virgindove(f): 5:34pm On Dec 15, 2014
kettykin:
PDP chieftains must be having the last laugh , what an easy sail for Goodluck Jonathan , Tinubu has really killed Buhari, Atiku would not make this kind of Mistake if he was chosen .

people can now go to sleep as 2015 Election has just been concluded , my BPwas high after Buhari won convincingly but with this goof , i can now tell goodluck congratulations on your second term
MUMU extra.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Atouke: 5:34pm On Dec 15, 2014
Whats next for the kindergarten politician Amaechi? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin APC has used and dumped him.
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by iGeneral: 5:35pm On Dec 15, 2014
Four things about this choice:

1. Place Oshibajo beside sambo and let them debate on any issue, we know who will win

2. With Oshibajo on the ticket, GEJ can't go to Adeboye to commit that kneeling down fraud he committed in 2011 which he used to cream RCCG members vote. So GEJ lost a block vote there cos there's an homeboy as VP.

3.Oshibajo will certainly win his Polling unit, ward, local govt and state. Unlike Sambo who walks like a duck and is notorious for losing even in his nuclear family. Sambo doesn't bring any electoral value to the GEJ ticket.

4. It follows therefore that this coming election is more about the prez candidates than any VP. And on this note most people agreed GEJ has made a mess of our nation and can't be allowed to continue on that trajectory.

And finally, if GMB had chosen Amaechi, PDP goons will say he is corrupt and a traitor. If he had chosen Oshiomole, they will bring up the issue of'go and die' for the campaign. If he chose Fayemi, they will say the man who was rejected for 2nd term by his own people. So it is good GMB went for a man without baggage.

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Azo(m): 5:35pm On Dec 15, 2014
legendary11:
Please, Please, and Please my country people. I am not a politician and never talked about politic but the fact remains that God 'll never come down from heaven and save us from our political emancipation rather than means of ONE word....ONE mind.

Let's look up to this;

https://www.nairaland.com/1849565/prof-yemi-osinbajo-responds-pdp

God bless Nigeria

Pls I urge people to read the content of the above link....
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by Firefire(m): 5:36pm On Dec 15, 2014
adaybayor:

sorry you are very wrong, stop reading yoruba like english.

Osi is pronounced as Orshi, it is different from Oshi which means povertyy.

dont assume you know, learn to learn.

Professor of Yoruba, I greet you, I am leaving you in peace.
Re: BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes by ZUBY77(m): 5:36pm On Dec 15, 2014
The power in the center is too much.
The only time a VP does anything goes is when the president dies.

In other words, the is no reason to jubiliate anything.

Politics is a dirty game.
I would have preferred that the osibanjo man becomes the president himself.
Apart from being popular, what has Buhari got to offer?

In a bid to oust GEJ, we end up choosing two bad choices.

But until I die, I would prefer GEJ to Buhari.
He had his shot at presidency when he had all the powers.
What can he do now without approvals from the Senate?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

“Nigeria Will Cease To Exist By December 2015″ – Biafra Movement / Governor Sanwo-Olu: Nobody Was Killed In Lekki Toll Gate Shooting / Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.