Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. (63322 Views)

The White Wizard By Tade Adegbindin / Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Nobody: 1:44am On May 10, 2015
JigsawKillah:
am I the only one who is seeing another threat for Tade?

No u are not o, I can see it clearly wit my small eyes too.

Rapmike.... Thanks 4 d updates, expecting more frm u.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 3:41pm On May 10, 2015
Tade was soon showed a video which was apparently shot from Shodipo's compound. He saw as Dotun and his group went into his room and after about an hour, dragged a dying Ronke out of his room. The person that seemed to be recording the video could not get much on it again.

"Soji, where did you get this?" Tade asked.

"I recorded this." Soji replied. "Let me explain.........."

Sunday watched from a vintage point on the bungalow facing Shodipo's place. From what he could gather from some folks he made friends with, Shodipo apparently fled the area some days ago and the police had come twice to look for him. He had already briefed Dotun on the development, which forced a smirk out of Dotun.

Meanwhile,Sunday was tired of watching the house and decided to check school environment. On getting to campus, he found himself going to Law, figuring out that Shodipo could still find a way to attend classes.

As he walked to the Faculty, he saw two guys talking from a distance. As his curiosity grew, he made a move to find what attracted him to them.

He was closing in on Tade and Soji!
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 10, 2015
Jeez........! Tade nd Soji should compose theirselves b4 he gets dere ooo.
Thanks 4 d updates..... still following.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 10, 2015
Eh eh... What a pity
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 11:00pm On May 10, 2015
As he got close enough to take a peek at what they were doing, Tade stood up and shook Soji. The expression on Soji's face gave out the unexpected nature of the ending of their conversation. However, he refused to complain, especially as two ladies saw Tade and called his attention to them. Tade quickly jogged to where they were and the trio walked into the department.

Sunday saw what transpired and could not make head or tail of it. He decided not to follow Tade upstairs, as he could attract suspicions of his motives. Instead he followed Soji as he took a walk back to SUB bus-stop. He trailed him to his house and then called Dotun

"Boss, I get fresh news."

After Tade had seen the two ladies off, helping them with some classwork, he peeped from the stairs to see if the strange fellow had left. He was already getting to the core part of identifying Shodipo's role in the whole process when he noticed the figure silently approaching him. Normally the movement won't have warranted any suspicion for other students come but when he weighed all he was seeing and the fact that this was a top investigation, he decided that he won't take any risks.

He quickly stood up to dismiss Soji and fortunately for him those two girls came along. Now that he has concrete evidence that Dotun is involved, he had to see that DPO
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 3:41pm On May 11, 2015
He first called Chuks.

Wale tossed on his bed for the umpteenth time. The advised visit of the psychologist by Nifemi was not favorable. In fact, it served as a irritant to him and he just had to smile for her sake.

He thought of how long he had to pretend like he liked any of her suggestions when he was annoyed or disgusted by them. Normally he would have argued against the psychologist cynical view of his dreams but Nifemi kept nudging him to keep quiet and he did. Now that he thinks of it, that dream had really haunted him for too long, caused too much stress and trouble for him, for them. His family. That family he supposed to have- with Clara.

Now looking at Nifemi up close, he decided that no matter how fantastic a lady may be when you first see her, she will always have flaws. Clara was always the ever-stuck optimist and an addict to her religion. She won't give up on anything, even if all evidence points to it crumbling. That attribute is good if you were a start-up guy or just getting your first pay-check. But for a man of his means, who seemed to have climbed so far in such a short period. He needed something more exciting, more interesting. A woman with stronger bedmatics maybe?

Or maybe that's what he wanted. Maybe that's what drove him to Nifemi. That the single thing that drove him to Nifemi. Adventure!

God! He really hated himself right now. Nifemi was exciting, but stupidly dirty. Very dirty! It was the third time he was cleaning the house and Nifemi will not accept a house-help, boy or girl.

And it irritated him. IT IRRITATED HIM! He loved neatness and Clara was neat. Very Neat! Nifemi can cook, which was a relief. But her cooking can never equal that of Clara. And it annoys him.

"God help me!" He said to the skies.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 12:14pm On May 12, 2015
Tade was soon at the station, with Chuks.

"Who recorded this?" The DPO asked.

"A course mate, probably heard that I was helping out and decided to show me."

"Why you? Why can't he report to the police all this while?"

"I am the class representative of my class. Probably he thought he was safer with me. Besides he did not know what kind of treatment he will get from the police. "

"Hmn. Why is it that you young people don't take the police seriously, nor do you trust them?"

Tade and Chuks looked straight at him, not saying anything but knowing the answer to what he was saying. Nigerian Police has a reputation not to be trusted.

"Okay, so what do you know about this Dotun?" He asked them. Both hesitated, but Chuks finally spoke.

"Dotun is a cultist who had an axe to grind with Ronke. He is highly feared by students in the school and lecturers in my department. He is likely very dangerous. I know nothing else." Chuks said.

"Fine, that will do. You have been very helpful, Messers Tade and Chukwuma." He stood up. "We will definitely arrest him."

As the two friends left, they felt a relief like a burden had left them. Yet they had a lingering fear.

The kind of person Dotun was, he won't be in prison for long and then what next?

Because he will come after the person who exposed him.

Sunday had watched Soji from his house. If anything hd alerted him that Soji had valuable information on what happened, the fidgety nature of his movements and gestures gave him out the more. What's more, two police officers were watching over the house like guardian angels, so he knew that Soji had something he wanted.

He had called Dotun, who obviously asked him to bring Soji in that day. However with police presence around the house, he could not just go in a kidnap him.

Soji, unaware of the danger around him, decided he needed to get some bread some blocks away. He walked out of the house and went straight off to where he needed the bread.

He got the bread but did not get back to his house.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 12, 2015
Eyah!!! Soji! Is dis how u are going to end your life? Chaiii! I pity ur parents o. R.I.P in advance.

Rapmike, U are doing a very good job, Keep it flowing.....Following till the end.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by harjibolar10(m): 3:01pm On May 12, 2015
He got the bread, but he never return home

Chai, that's what I call "go but never return" na only God fit save una for this 'ajaga' ooo

Keep em coming boss
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Jokybaby: 5:33pm On May 12, 2015
More Grease 2 Elbow Rapmike.I Always Enjoy Ur Story,action Nd Adventure Wich Is Wat I Always Love 2 Read Plus U Ar A Gud Writter.I Salute
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 7:32pm On May 12, 2015
As soon as he knocked Soji down, Sunday knew that it was only half of the job that was done. With the case of murder around this area, people will be suspicious if they see anyone standing in front of a knocked down person.

However, he had an advantage with Akrabata; the place was rural and bushy. Bushes covered many bush paths and farms were nearby. This smoothen things for him as he could move quickly unnoticed.

He dragged Soji across the bushes, not minding if it was hurting him. He needed Soji alive, hurt or not. He then lifted him and took him as far as possible, crisscrossing bush paths to an unrecognizable place.

Soji woke up to the feel of water on his face and body. First thinking that he urinated on himself or that something urinated on him, he dispelled those thoughts when he saw the amount of water that was on him, plus those that trickled. He then tried to move, a feat impossible at the moment as he was bound.

"Hello, Soji."

Chuks went immediately to his class and met the Devil called Dotun. He winced at his presence, even though Dotun did not even perceive the other man. Chuks was trying to wonder what kind of human Dotun was that he could mercilessly deal with a lady the way he did. Doctors were not suppose to flinch at blood, not turn into murder machines!

He was cut short from his thinking when five security officers, known as 'crackers' came from the entrance and 'came upon' Dotun, seizing him and taking him to their van, eliciting shocked expressions from all the students and some 'pump up' hand expressions from some of them; some haters openly stuck out their tongues out.

As soon as he was taken to the van, they took off.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 2:41pm On May 14, 2015
Na wa........
Nobody has visited here.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by harjibolar10(m): 3:05pm On May 14, 2015
rapmike:
Na wa........

Nobody has visited here.
says who?
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 5:33pm On May 14, 2015
harjibolar10:
says who?
Says somebody
Will try and update tonight.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 14, 2015
Does that means Soji won't die? I hope Dotun spend all of his life in prison o.
Rapmike.... thanks 4 d updates.......following till d end.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by edwinkube(m): 8:41pm On May 14, 2015
Hard men don't stay long in jail....dortman na my real gee, he's comin back 4 all those small boyz.... U can ask students of O.A.U wht happen in 1999.....
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 10:01pm On May 14, 2015
While Chuks was trying to fathom what was happening, Tade called him.

"Chuks, Chuks, can you come right now?" Tade said.

"Guy, I dey come now. Dem don arrest Dotun!"
It was Tade's turn to be surprised. "Dotun? When? Where? How?"

"I was in the department when they carried him. Where you dey?"

"I dey department and go come hostel now."

"Make we meet for there."

"Eh?"

"What did you tell that other guy?" Sunday asked, slapping him twice. Soji yelped, inducing another slap from Sunday.

"Shut up there!" He barked. "If you shout again, this cutlass will be touching your cheeks!"

Soji was shaking feverishly, obviously induced by that slap. The tree which he was bound to affected his back, making him to be scratching his body. Little drops of water was already dropping on him, a harbinger of rain.

"Sir, we just discussed politics."

Another slap followed.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 2:45am On May 15, 2015
"It seems like you don't understand my question. What were you two discussing?"

"We were discussing politics, please." Soji almost cried. He could not believe that danger was so near all this while.

"Eeeh?! Oya, where is your phone?"

"Its in my room now. I am charging it when I went to...."

Another slap landed at his already hot cheeks.

"Who asked where you were going to or coming from? If you don't understand simple english before better understand it now. I ask all the questions and not the other way round, you understand?"

"Yesss-s Sir!" Soji stammered.

Sunday unbound him. "Now we are going to your room," He said forcing a smile. "Don't play any funny games unless you want to die, you understand me?" Soji nodded his head.

"Now stay here." Soji walked some distance and made a call. After discussing whatever it was, he walked to Soji and led him out of the bush towards his compound.

The two guys walked on until they got to buildings and streets, the 'modern' part of Akrabata. As they got there, Soji swallowed heavily.

As soon as they sighted the two policemen that were watching over Shodipo's house, Soji dashed off, running towards them. Sunday ran after him and the two officers, who were initially oblivious of their existence, noticed them running.

Sunday quickly pulled out his pistol and tried to aim a shot. That alerted the policemen who drew their weapons out, with the aim of taking out Sunday.

Three shots rang out, but the wrong men fell down.

As soon as Tade finished with Chuks, the DPO called him.

"Good afternoon sir." Tade said.

"Good afternoon. I want to see you immediately. Can you find your way to the station?"

"Yes sir. I found another evidence incriminating Dotun sir. Its a video evidence." Tade said.

"Good. Very good. We have arrested him!"

"Really?" Tade feigned surprise. Then I will be coming now.

"Okay, do quick. I will call Chuks and tell him to come, so don't bother about that."

"Okay sir."

"Tade, before you cut the phone hear this; come alone! Make sure nobody is following you."

"Yes sir." Tade wondered why the sudden warning.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 9:44am On May 16, 2015
Tade and Chuks soon came to the station to meet an elated DPO, who became more elated with the recent evidence Tade brought to him.
"How can I get it?" He asked Tade.
Tade looked around for a moment and then stared at his phone- a thought came to his mind.
"Sir, let me look at your phone, it has bluetooth?"
He nodded and then shook his head. "I don't really know. Its you guys that are in touch with these kind of phones."
Tade held his phone and checked out the features- and the DPO's phone had a bluetooth feature. He quickly connected the two phones and transferred the video.

"Its there sir." He told the DPO.
"Good. Now that we have Dotun, we can interrogate him and get the whole scope. At least that's what I hope."
"Yes sir." Tade and Chuks chorused.
"You guys can go. Your parts in this case is over now. You have proved useful, but I can't involve you any further. Just trust the police to handle this."
Tade and Chuks bowed their heads and left.

They had it on the back of their minds that it was not over.

Sunday looked at the bodies, a frown on his face. The fool wanted to run, so annoying. He did not know that he had contingency plans. Sunday anticipated this kind of scenario.

Mayowa and Taiwo walked towards him. "This could have become messy."
"Yes. Its good you came at the time you did, if not I would been in a tight corner."
"And your cover would have been blown, Sunday. Let's clear up this area."
"Its already cleared up. This area is empty." Taiwo looked around. "These bodies will speak volumes of what happened here."
"That's why we have to clear this area first." Mayowa spoke.
They quickly carried out their plans, lifting the dead bodies and placing them on a bush path. Then Sunday charged towards the building, Mayowa and Taiwo waiting for him outside.

"Who's here?" He banged on the door. "Better open this door before I break it." The door refused to give way, rather it stood firm fulfilling its duty.

Sunday looked at the door, his contempt tearing the door in his mind. He decided to give the inhabitants another chance.
"Open this door! Open it unless.........."
The door creaked slowly, revealing an elderly man.
"Please, don't rob us."
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 4:45pm On May 16, 2015
"No." Sunday answered bearing a smile. "We just want to collect something from someone. Where is Soji's room?"
Its over there. The shaky finger pointed to a room three doors away from the main door. Sunday move forward pushing the door wide enough for the man to pick the other two young men.

Once inside Soji's room, Sunday ransacked it, looking for the phone. After going through his school bag, Sunday's attention moved to the traveling bag. As he kept searching the bag, his frustrations grew and it was not long before he start to thrash the place. Unsatisfied with his search, he was about leaving when he noticed a USB cord on the bed, covered by the bedclothes. He quickly removed the clothes to reveal a Blackberry Q10 charging with a power bank.

Smiling, Sunday picked the phone with the USB cord and the power bank and left the room. There was more work to do.

After seeing the DPO, Tade and Chuks went straight to the hostel, where they discussed recent events with Made and Shittu.
"Shebi I said that you should report to the police?" "Shey you see how e turn out?" Made started at Tade.
"Where were you when we went there?" Tade replied. "After all the mouth of going to police, you no come show."
"We get school work na, we no fit come show solidarity. Besides, no be we get case with police?" Shittu replied.
"So na me and Chuks get police matter abi? Oponu!"
"I hear you. We sha dey busy."
"Na lie, una just get mouth! Fear no gree make una show."
They argued back and forth but Chuks remained quiet.

"Chuks wetin do you?" Shittu asked.
"I feel morbid."
"Mor-what?" Made said.
"Morbid, like I will die very soon"
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Tholuwani(f): 4:54pm On May 16, 2015
Eeeh death ke,i fear for chuks
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 16, 2015
I just hope Tade and Chucks life will be safe o.

I have a feeling that Dotun won't last long in the police station. He will be released soon. Abi

Rapmike thanks for the updates...... Expecting more.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Jokybaby: 9:08pm On May 17, 2015
Hmm,morbid Ke?Rapmike Hw I Wish I Av D Talent To Write As U Ar Doin Buh Am Trying Me Best Sha
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 1:13am On May 18, 2015
LarrySun, Kayemjay, una no dey try oh!
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 2:00am On May 18, 2015
"Come, which kin play be that? I no like am oh!" Made protested.
"Its just a feeling I have." Chuks defended himself.
"That kind of feeling is not good." Shittu said with some calm.
"Its from the police station abi?" Tade asked.
"You felt it too? I think something is amiss. I mean, why do I feel that we are being deceived?"
"Yes, something like that."
"What are you guys trying to reason now?" Made asked. "Dotun is in prison, nobody knows your involvement in this case, so where is this 'death' thinking coming from? Stop am oh, stop am!"
"If anyone dies, it will because of this your talk-talk." Tade teased
"Wetin you cook?" Chuks asked. "Am very hungry."
"See your head like hunger." Made replied. "How you no go hungry when you dey think crazy things."

Two police officers stood on the road, waiting for someone. Soon enough, the person they were waiting for came around.

"How did it happen, Moyo? I thought those two officers had the brains to watch a simple house." The DPO asked, announcing his arrival
"It seems like they were murdered and properly disposed of by whoever killed them."
"Who came to report the incident?"
"An old man." Moyo replied.
"Where is he?"
"He is inside the building. We found him hesitant to speak initially but he reported what he knew." Moyo stated confidently.
"And what did he know?" The DPO inquired.
"He said that he was not sure who the people that killed our men are or what they wanted, but he said that they entered a particular room and scattered it, likely looking for something."
"How does an old man know that they were after something?"
Moyo shrugged his shoulders. "He said that they specifically asked for the person's room and then went in there. He was sure they were not armed robbers."
The DPO bowed his head in thought. "Can I speak with him?"
"Yes sir."
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by JigsawKillah(m): 2:14am On May 18, 2015
bros make am long or more frequent na
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by harjibolar10(m): 3:17am On May 18, 2015
Keep em coming boss

I'm back now
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by harjibolar10(m): 9:49am On May 18, 2015
TODAY THE VOTING OF MISS NAIRALAND ELIMINATION ROUND 1 COMMENCES AND TWO OF OUR LITERATURE-LANDERS ARE PARTICIPATING..THEY ARE ONE OF US, LET US SHOW THEM SUPPORT BY CLICKING THIS LINK
https://www.nairaland.com/2320383/miss-nairaland-contest-2015-elimination
AND TYPE:
I VOTE ADEH39
I VOTE MARIAMFERANMI cc:nljega

Tanx for your coperation
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Onemansquad(m): 9:19am On May 19, 2015
Did you know? That the
Miss Nairaland 2015
pegeantry kicked off
yesterday. A total of 15
ladies contested the 1st
round and at the end of the day, 12 of them
proceeded to the next
round.
The big one is, four
literature-landers
contested the round one and they all made it to next
round. That's huge, isn't it?
Today, the 12 contestants
who qualified would slug it
out and 9 of them would
make it to the next round. The power to save the four
literature section
contestants lies in your
hand.
How? Vote. You just vote.
The four contestants are Adeh39, Aipete2,
Mariamferanmi and Trypa.
Where to vote; https://www.nairaland.com/2322733/miss-nairaland-contest-2015-elimination

How to vote; Your vote
counts in this
manner: I vote,
1. Adeh39
2. Aipete2
3. Mariamferanmi 4. Trypa
Cc: Nljega. And your vote
would
count.
I hope to see you guys vote
once it is time. Voting starts 9am and end
6pm. #saveAdeh39
#saveAipete2
#saveMariamferanmi
#saveTrypa
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 10:40am On May 19, 2015
Sunday was waiting in the rendezvous point with Taiwo and Hariz. They all had received a strange text from Mutiu telling them to meet here. They were suspicious of the motives of Mutiu, so they took their guns with them.

Where is he? Taiwo asked out of desperation. It was almost an hour after they had arrived, yet Mutiu had not arrived. Meanwhile Hariz was calling a certain girl telling her that he was gonna to be late.
Na wa o, you don arrange one babe already? Sunday commented, looking at Hariz incredulously. Wetin you dey use them do?
Wetin dem dey use babe do, Sunday? Hariz asked back.
Sunday was about replying when he saw someone approach from the darkness. Considering the fact that it was 8 in the night, they drew their guns. As far as it was not their member, they will kill the person.
Fortunately for them, it was Mutiu who was coming with Mayowa and Soji.

Where is Dotun? Hariz asked curiously. What's happening?
You kept us waiting. Taiwo pointed out. Sunday just stared at them, arms akimbo.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 10:58am On May 19, 2015
Sunday was waiting in the rendezvous point with Taiwo and Hariz. They all had received a strange text from Mutiu telling them to meet here. They were suspicious of the motives of Mutiu, so they took their guns with them.

"Where is he?" Taiwo asked out of desperation. It was almost an hour after they had arrived, yet Mutiu had not arrived. Meanwhile Hariz was calling a certain girl telling her that he was gonna to be late.
"Na wa o, you don arrange one babe already?" Sunday commented, looking at Hariz incredulously. "Wetin you dey use them do?"
"Wetin dem dey use babe do, Sunday?" Hariz asked back.
Sunday was about replying when he saw someone approach from the darkness. Considering the fact that it was 8 in the night, they drew their guns. As far as it was not their member, they will kill the person.
Fortunately for them, it was Mutiu who was coming with Mayowa and Soji.

"Where is Dotun?" Hariz asked curiously. "What's happening?"
"You kept us waiting." Taiwo pointed out. Sunday just stared at them, arms akimbo.

"It was necessary," Mutiu started. "I had to discuss with Mayowa on what next to do. Mayowa will explain better."
Mayowa cleared his throat. "Dotun has been arrested."

Nifemi walked into the house elegantly. She had at last the kind of person she wanted. All her life it had been one unworthy man to the other. The slick, well-dressed men she met were after flings and ran at every chance of commitment. The others had either being too old or too poor to handle her. One was too young: just 25 years of age. It was after this one that she met Wale.

Call her desperate, she won't care. The fact that he was married before and that she was actively taking part in the breaking up of a marriage did not disturb her. In this age, if you are incapable of keeping a man, another woman will teach you how to, she thought. She did not believe in Karma, at least not in this case.

She walked in the bedroom to meet a sulking Wale.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by harjibolar10(m): 12:11pm On May 19, 2015
This is getting serious ooo... Dotun is still in police custody, and there they are, doing only God knows to rescue their man

Meanwhile, ma people here, please endevour to cast your vote for our very own contestantz, in the on going miss Nairaland peagent, which has reach the ELIMINATION state of today.

Just click on this link https://www.nairaland.com/2322733/miss-nairaland-contest-2015-elimination/18 and cast your vote like for our beautiful contestants from this very section, Adeh39, mariamferanmi, Aipete2, and trypa. God bless

Just vote like :

I VOTE :
ADEH39
MARIAMFERANMI
AIPETE2
TRYPA

Cc: NLJega

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... / Twist Of Fate. / TORN (based On A True Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.