Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. (63326 Views)

The White Wizard By Tade Adegbindin / Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 9:43am On Jan 01, 2015
Happy New Year folks!
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 9:49am On Jan 01, 2015
Ortega looked at him like he was a fool and wrestled his hand away from Tade's grip.

"Why must you make war with almost every person that is different from you in this class? Don't you know that as a class representative you are supposed to unite the group together, this class? Students that are in tight situations suppose to meet you to help them and you are doing this. Do you know if Mohammed and Dumuje ( referring to the quiet guy) are cultists or worse? Why can't you for once behave like the representative you suppose to be?"

"See, see, I don't have time for all what you are trying to tell me. Ortega started. What's your business, ogbeni? I sabi you from Adam? No be this school we sabi? Wetin you no sabi no talk! Besides na only me dey dey talk to, so no come dey form counsellor abi coach for me, you hear me?"

"Stop to be forming Van Damme too!" Tade shot back. He wondered what Ortega's confidence was in that made him so bold. No cult killings so far, but he has been hearing of threats from some quarters. With Ortega's abrasive behaviour, more people are sure to be bruised.

He walked back to the hostel and narrated everything to his eager room mates.

"Your class rep get 'liver'!" Made said, punching the empty air.

"And he is a fool! It was an unnecessary confrontation. A simple apology would have done wonders. Shittu spoke next. Its annoying when such people start their cocky arrogance."

"Arrogance suppose to be cocky!" Samuel spoke, forcing Shittu to notice him.

"Who ask you come into this discussion sef? I talk say I no sabi English?"

"Sorri oh! Samuel replied, looking contrite. For me, the guy must have something that is giving him that confidence. Maybe na babalawo or he be cult member." Ovie kept reading his note quietly, contributing in no measure to the discussion at hand.

"That one no mean! Persin fit arrange im f.uck up! Nobody dey wey dem no sabi him password for this life." Quadri came on board.

"Which one be password now? Quadri you don come again!" Everyone said in chorus, forcing themselves to laugh as Chuks entered.

"Chuks, Chuks! Come contribute to our talk na."Made said, dragging Chukwuma before he could protest, Oya Tade gist am."

Tade told him everything about the incident, including the threats.

"The guy is brave but stupid! In life, you have to choose your battles carefully, if not you could die before you have the chance to be born." Many a person were stunned by that, even Malik who was typing some project work suspended his work and listened.

"He is just brave but headless, like a bull used for amusement. Funny enough, I feel that the quiet guy will deal with him."

"Why?" Made asked.

"Quiet guys are dangerous. Loud guys already tell you of their plan, that is if they have one. Quiet guys keep the plan to themselves and wait for you to take your guard down and sleep before hitting you!" He hit his hands together, startling them all. "By the time they are done with you, you won't be able to retaliate. That's why silence pays at times, because your opponent does not know the next move. This Dumuje guy won't be the first person that will be offended, abi?"

Tade nodded and was about to say something when Malik cut in.

"You said Dumuje, right? The same Dumuje Otaku?" Tade wondered how he knew the surname.

"Yes."

"Tade, don't get into the way of that guy. He is well connected to cults all over the school and is well loaded. His father is a former Minister. I can assure you that your class rep is as go as dead, its just a matter of if its during the break or second semester."

"But we never even do the exams!" Tade said in shock.

"Dumuje will make sure that he will fail the exams, no matter what he does! And when that happens, be sure of this; Dumuje will fulfil his promise! A Lannistar always pays his debt!"
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Moyenii(f): 1:18pm On Jan 01, 2015
Happy new year smiley.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 7:10am On Jan 02, 2015
Tags:
CrazyScientist,ezeigbo194, tushwitch,tholuwani, pbeni, sheenor, loabb, diamonddamsel

1 Like

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 7:12am On Jan 02, 2015
Moyenii:
Happy new year smiley.

Thanks sweety!
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 7:46am On Jan 02, 2015
Tade and the others were shocked at the revelation by Malik.

"Shey Student Union Officers can't help Ortega?" Quadri asked. Some of the others nodded their heads in agreement.

"A good number of them are cult members. A quiet voice quickly answered. It would be better if those 'radicals' like DSM handle the situation." They turned to the direction of the voice and saw Ovie facing them, book flung to the other side of the bed.

"Let me advise you guys. Malik took back the attention, don't join any of the two sides; either cults or anti-cults. Cult members are only safe from their fraternity members and anti-cult guys are usually targets for every cult member. In fact, if not for some strong minded persons in these anti-cult groups, nobody knows what would have become of them. Their lives are usually no safe, a sacrifice that they bear. I can say all these because I have seen them all." Tade bent his head down, the head reaching the region of his laps.

"And don't date a female cult member. If you do..... You are on your own!" Malik gave a nasty grin at the end of the advice.

With the information shared, Tade was sure that Ortega won't last long. If only he knew who Ortega really was.

The weeks rolled by, soaking everyone with it. Even Chuks seemed to be more engaged than ever, his duties making him scarce. Meanwhile Ortega was still forming ' James Bond' in the class, creating rifts with other people everywhere.

One day, Tade decided to hit Ife town for some fun. One of his coursemates, Tijani was having a pool party at Fine Touch Hostel located some metres away from campus. The road, though was untarred and sandy, with various inroads, something Tade noticed as he decided to walk it out instead of taking a bike. The buildings around the area, which were mainly bungalows were not bad either, only that the sand seemed to make everything awful.

He was close to the hostel when two Hiace pick up vans charged past him and into the hostel. A few seconds later, two gunshots were heard, sending Tade and everyone on the road to a frantic search for cover. Tade managed to jump into a fenced compound, having a sprain in the process.

"God!" He winced at his hurt. He then heard movement from the house, meaning that the occupants of the house were coming. His eyes darted all over the place looking for a safe spot to hide, but none was available.

"Who are you?" A hostile tone, hidden by the curtain in the house informed him of trouble. Tade knelt down quickly.

"Please sir! Armed robbers are robbing somewhere close. I need to hide here for some time."

The door opened, revealing a man in his late twenties, tall, muscular and elegant. His brow was hairless and he had this combination of height and movement which revealed one thing; he was a model.

Tade tried to stand but the sprain took him down again, even as shots were been heard everywhere. The man walked quickly and dragged Tade into the house.

"Shade, bring the First Aid kit here!" Tade lifted his face in half suspicion and anticipation. Could Shade be the girlfriend of this guy? It won't be too much of a shock if she was, in fact he was more like the guy she will date. Tade was just not sure that Shade was a faithful partner.

The lady came out and truly, she was Shade.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Sheenor: 8:14am On Jan 02, 2015
rapmike:
Tags:
CrazyScientist,ezeigbo194, tushwitch,tholuwani, pbeni, sheenor, loabb, diamonddamsel

Yes boss, invitation accepted..... Jejelly following, ℓ☺ℓ.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 8:46am On Jan 02, 2015
Sheenor:

Yes boss, invitation accepted..... Jejelly following, ℓ☺ℓ.

Thanks, how is it so far?
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Sheenor: 9:14am On Jan 02, 2015
rapmike:

Thanks, how is it so far?

Nah bad, awesome i say....how u doin ova thr
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by ezeigbo194(m): 1:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
rapmike:
Tags:

present. sir
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by CrazyScientist: 5:12pm On Jan 02, 2015
rapmike:
Tags:

Invitation accepted, love the story, eating popcorn and coke and viewing in 4D cool
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 6:04pm On Jan 02, 2015
"Tade! What are you doing here?" She shouted.

"Quiet! Don't you know that robbers are all over the town?"

"But nobody can hear us. This house was made to hide sound." She replied, giggling.

"Yet you can't shout for me .Since you know him, come and treat him."

"Lekan dear, don't do that. Please now." She threw a fake 'sad face' at him. Lekan walked to her and kissed her deeply, Shade responding by dropping the First Aid Kit and running her hands on his back. She was soon removing his shirt while he was almost removing her wrapper.

"Hhmmm!" Tade grunted, returning attention to himself. Lekan left her and walked to the room, causing a smug smile to surface on Tade's face.

"What is the smile for?" Shade asked.

"I spoiled someone's chance at smashing your ass, sorry for him."

"See how raw you are. She licked her lips. I will like to imagine how raw you will sound in bed."

"Bad girl."

"Bad boy. What are you doing here?" Tade told her about the party and how the vans drove in.

"Yeee! This guy stalled me sha! I was to go to the party. The celebrant sent me an IV."

"Really? That's cool. Those robbers ruined it anyway."

"Yea, although its not the first time this is happening."

"Wow, how did you know?"

"I have stayed here for a while, Tade. Most parties that happen there are usually well planned, because the celebrant settles the cult guys around so that they don't disturb. They are even given free access to the party. Thought Gbohumi will settle them."

"You know him?" Tade asked.

"Of course. I know all the handsome and rich guys in this school and Gbohumi is both handsome and rich." Tade looked at her as she made that statement, wondering if she had sex with all the rich and handsome guys in school. You can never say with Shade.

"Ah!" He yelped as Shade squeezed the sprained area. "You were too far into your world. Tell me, what were you thinking."

About you f.ucking Gbohumi. His mind spoke but he shut it up."How did you meet him?" He pointed into the house.

"Lekan? I met him at a fashion runway show in Lagos. We discovered that we are in the same school and we kicked it off from there. Mind you, am not dating him."

"Really? What are you two then?"

"We are just friends with benefits. His girlfriend is in Calabar and like him loves sex to the end of time. So they both arranged to have friends with benefits who they will Bleep when the urge comes. The only thing is that the friends have to do is to have a proper medical examination in order to be sure that they are clean of STDs. So if you want to join, you can come, just bring your medical report."

"Me ke? Abeg make I see road!" He laughed.

"Na so you dey do. Your kind person too dey form." She parked the kit.

"Am done with that. She pointed to the leg. Just don't strain it and see the doctor in health center."

"Okay ma." He mocked her.

"I think they have gone. You can leave."

"Ehen! You are chasing me because of his 'tool'."

"Which one be your concern? Abeg dey waka."

"Okay oh! Bros, I don dey go." Tade shouted.

"Safe journey!" Lekan replied him. Tade walked out and met a gore sight.

Dead bodies littered everywhere, some of them in clothes readily identified with cult members. Local made pistols, shot guns and even an rifle were present in the scene. The sight of the bodies was already giving him a sour mouth and a weak stomach. Tade walked away, happy that it was a weekend. If he only knew what he will see next week.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by ODUMAIYE(f): 9:01pm On Jan 02, 2015
nice one
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 8:27am On Jan 03, 2015
By Monday, he had recovered sufficiently to be mentally fit. He had not told anyone about what happened, they were not his diary you know.

With classes on, he noticed that Ortega was not behaving in the usual aggressive name. He was more timid than ever, pushing all the responsibility to Tade. Tade was now handling the class alone, calling lecturers, photocopying lecture notes, getting handouts ready, etc. Ortega was almost looking redundant and it did not take long before other students started asking questions on what was happening, pouring a deluge of questions on him.

"Wetin do class rep?"

"Him no well?"

"Why Ortega no dey do anything?"

"Na wa o, Ortega no fight today, na you cause am?"

"Wetin you do Ortega?"

The questions were endless and at times annoying. All this while Ortega was quiet, wearing hooded clothes and making all efforts to mask his presence among students.

On Thursday, after another barrage of questions, Tade was about meeting a lecturer when he saw a paper bill with Ortega's face on it. It read:

Obituary

With the deepest sense of regret, we thereby announce the death of a son and brother, Ortega Aneke, who died after a brief illness. Burial arrangements to follow shortly.

Courtesy: blank

Tade did not understand the bill, for Ortega was alive and well, even attending all the classes today as he had seen him. He walked into the class and dragged Ortega quietly away, in order to avoid attention and to show him the new discovery.

Ortega eyes dilated immediately he saw the bill, almost falling to the floor, Tade holding him tightly. His hands were shaking out of shock or whatever it was.

"Ortega, I don't know what you have done but you need to get your acts together. You need to settle whatever is happening. You must deal with your problems quickly."

Ortega thanked him promptly and left. Tade went ahead to see the lecturer, other students discovering the bill and gossiping around.

That was the last time Tade saw Ortega alive.

Ortega failed to show on Friday, despite having a test that day. Tade, meanwhile enjoyed the test and was having a great day when Shodipo accosted him.

Shodipo was a reporter for Megaphone, a campus news agency. He was known, even by rookie reporter levels to be quite sneaky, always sniffing around for information. His work was the reason that the agency created the crime section, as he specializes in reporting crime stories around the school. Tade really did not want to see him.

"Hi Tade." Shodipo spoke, giving a fake smile.

"Good afternoon. How can I help you?"

"Take it easy na, stop squeezing your face." Shodipo smiled heartily, baring out his white teeth and holding his stomach. "You need to see the way you are." Tade, however did not care.

"I have some information I need to verify from you?"

"What information?"

"Do you know what was Ortega's last job as a cult member?"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by CrazyScientist: 10:23am On Jan 03, 2015
grin I love this! Next update please!

But rapmike, are you sure you are not a... lipsrsealed grin
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 1:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
CrazyScientist:
grin I love this! Next update please!

But rapmike, are you sure you are not a... lipsrsealed grin

Am not oh! Na just imagination. grin

1 Like

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 3:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
"Excuse me, can you stop spreading rumours? You are doing nothing but destroying people's reputation."

"Really? Does Ortega have a reputation?"

Tade placed his hands on Shodipo's
shoulders, which made the other guy feel short even though he was a few millimeters shorter than Tade.

"Ortega may not have a reputation or a good image, but spreading lies about him just to gain some popularity is wrong. Do you know that you can be sued for that?"

"Yes, that's if I am saying a lie. But these pictures don't lie." He showed some pictures to Tade.

The pictures, taken in broad daylight were implicating to be lenient. Ortega was on every picture, wearing a shirt with skulls on it and holding different weapons, his face looking violent. He was on a sleeveless shirt, an oddity considering that Tade had never seen him in such and he had a symbol on his hand that shocked Tade to the marrow.

The symbol of a cross smashing a skull, with a snake hugging the two objects.

While the symbol was very strange ordinarily, Tade had seen it before. In fact he had seen it recently. It was on the arm of one of the dead 'robbers' around Fine Touch Hostel. With what Shade told him about the place, Ortega's behavior became clear.

Shodipo noticed the shock on Tade's face. "You mean that you did not know? Like really, what sort of representative are you? I mean, you suppose to assist him in......"

"Class duties, not his personal life." Tade retorted, angry that Shodipo was linking his responsibilities as a class rep to Ortega's personal life. Was he trying to rope him into the mess Ortega was in?

"Am sorry, really sorry." Shodipo said after noticing how angry Tade looked." I just thought you guys were a bit closer. At least you were in the same class."

"I take it that you know nothing about this then? If you hear anything, call this number." He scribbled a number on the back of one of the photos. Luckily for Tade, it had the symbol on it. He gave it to Tade. "Sorry again for the way I came at you." He quickly walked away.

Tade took the picture and looked critically at it. He needed to see Malik

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by CrazyScientist: 8:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
Ghen Chen! This is becoming more thrilling! cheesy

But updates too short cry, we want more!!! cheesy
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 8:48pm On Jan 04, 2015
Chapter Four

Back in the room, he met only Malik and Andrew, working on their final year projects.

"Malik, how far?"

"I dey oh. This one you come early, wetin happen?"

"Na test jare, we do one small test and essay."

"Oga o! This your department and essay eh?"

"Na so."

"So, you no fit greet me." Andrew spoke from his corner.

"Andrew, how far? Abeg no vex I no see you." Tade replied.

"Okay oh!" Andrew said, sounding like an overused mop.

"No vex na." Tade came and tickled Andrew, creating a little playful fight between the duo. Andrew was trying to tickle Tade back, since they were both prone to it, but Tade had the upper hand.

"Oya, Oya, I don give up. Abeg make I do my work." Andrew gleefully said, prompting Tade to release him. In the process the picture fell down and Andrew spotted it.

"Whose picture is that?" He picked it up.

"Na one picture that Shodipo guy give me." Tade told him. "I wan show Malik before."

"Where did he get this? This is a symbol for the Unseen Demons!" Andrew pointed at the exposed hand.

"You know that symbol?" Tade asked. Malik, who had listened to their conversation, then joined.

"The Unseen Demons is supposedly a new cult group in this school, because apart from the Vikings, Aye-Axemen and the dreaded Eiye group, the other well known cults are the Red Axes, Quick Scorpions and the Ravens, who have now joined forces with the Eiye group."

"However, Andrew jumped in. The Unseen Demons are popular in diabolical Europe, where they hold secret meetings and obtain powers that are not of this world. They are thought to be affiliated with the Free Masons, and you know what that is."

"Who is on that picture?" Malik asked.

"That's Ortega, My class representative." Tade answered. "Shodipo brought it in the hope that I will give some information about Ortega, but sincerely I know close to nothing about him. I could not have imagined that I will be seeing this again."

"Again? You have seen this before?" Andrew inquired. Tade briefed them on the party and what he saw.

"I have a feeling that Ortega was in that group and they fought with another cult group, probably as a retaliation for something that happened. Now, I believe that the Unseen Demons lost the fight and their members went to hiding, which explains all of Ortega's behavior."

Andrew held Tade's shoulder. "Be careful, Tade. I will advise that you burn this picture before it falls to the wrong hands. Anyone that sees this will think you are a cultist or you know about Ortega's whereabouts; you don't want to be in that situation I can assure you."

Tade brought out a pen and paper to write down Shodipo's number. After he was done, he walked outside with a box of match sticks and burned the picture.

"Am done." He said to no one in particular. Andrew beckoned to him.

"For your safety, don't tell anyone about this. Not even the other guys. Act like nothing happens and if Shodipo bothers you, threaten to report him to the authorities; he will shut up. For your safety, say nothing." Andrew advised.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by kingphilip(m): 8:57pm On Jan 04, 2015
rapmike I've joined ur teeming readers on this please do continue
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by CrazyScientist: 8:04am On Jan 05, 2015
*claps* a whole kingphilip is here ! grin

Now this story is getting hotter, but why should Andrew die cry
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Flakkydagirl: 1:28pm On Jan 05, 2015
This work is beautiful..

The story is flowing well,and that's why i'm following.

Rapmike..More update Pls?
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Tholuwani(f): 8:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
Finally am here,well done rapmike
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 7:02am On Jan 06, 2015
CrazyScientist:
*claps* a whole kingphilip is here ! grin

Now this story is getting hotter, but why should Andrew die cry

Which Andrew? The one in Tade's room has no possibility to die , at least for now cheesy

Flakkydagirl and Tholuwani, thanks for dropping by.

2 Likes

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 7:18am On Jan 06, 2015
Next week went by, with Tade working as the substantive class captain. Ortega's absence was becoming more evident and worrying, much so as other students and some lecturers started questioning Tade over his disappearance. It was becoming a terribly nauseous hangover of a dream for him, only that in this case it was real. This was no dream.

The last week of lecture came up and everyone temporarily forgot about Ortega, rather focusing on photocopying notes, finishing assignments and rounding up lectures. Some of the lazier students started to show up in class, in a late effort to have some attendance. Tade himself was so worked up that he forgot about Ortega.

Until Ortega showed up on Wednesday, looking ragged and mentally unbalanced. It was the cry of a female student around White Wall that aroused the attention of everyone to Ortega's re-emergence. The Student Union officers were called and he was been watched by students, who out of sympathy or curiosity looked at who was once an OAU Law student.

As he moved towards the main road leading to the academic section of the university, not up to twenty minutes after his discovery, a fast moving bike drove towards him. The bike was definitely not the commercial type, as its design was more like that of a speed bike. As it drove towards the SUB bus stop, students moved back in a bid not to get hit, giving the occupants of the bike space to see Ortega.

That was a fatal mistake as the bikemen, who wore shaded helmets and other protective clothing, shot Ortega on the head, once they got through, shattering his skull and forcing brain tissue out of his head with a shot gun, before speeding off to the Main gate of the campus, leaving students flying to different directions for safety.

Ortega was dead,and Tade never got to see him.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by CrazyScientist: 4:25pm On Jan 06, 2015
Ewooo! shocked
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 7:03pm On Jan 06, 2015
Tade was busy making copies of his lecturer's handout when a student called out to him.

"Ortega is back! He is at SUB!" The student told him as Tade diverted his attention to him.

"When did you see him?"

"I did not see him, Shodipo told me to tell you. He sent me just now." At the mention of Shodipo's name, Tade's stomach churned. He was beginning to dislike the guy. However, he was eager to see Ortega, so he quickly collected the ready-made copies of the handout and headed straight to the place.

As he got to motion ground, he heard the shot.

"What is that?" He asked the unknown student, who looked incredulously at him.

"Its a gun shot, probably those hunters who go after bats." He turned back towards the road only to see students running around. Tade also noticed the pandemonium and ran towards the scene, fearing for the worst.

He came upon a crowd of student, murmuring silently and some of them looking sorrowfully at the ground, probably at something.

He charged into the crowd and made his way to the front, only to see the scattered brain of Ortega jutting out of his skull.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 4:41pm On Jan 07, 2015
He immediately went out of the crowd and puked, the image of the remains of Ortega turning him over.

"Are you okay, sir?" A few students asked, two according to his estimate of the number of voices he heard, even though it was one man he saw when he recovered from the irritation and rose his head up.

"Am fine. Just a bit nauseous." Tade said to the man, looking a bit weary.

"Are you sure that you don't need a hand? I could help you to a resting position if you wanted." The man insisted.

Tade looked around and saw people gather round. He decided to leave before he became a spectacle.

"Am okay, sir. Thank you very much." As he turned to leave the man, he fell down and fainted.

When he came to, he found himself on the hospital bed in the Health Center. Made and the man were staring at him, alongside a lady in white overall, which he later deciphered as a ward coat. He could hear Made asking about his well-being and the lady talking of dehydration. Did he faint or what happened he thought, his mouth conveying his exact thoughts.

"He is awake. I have to observe him for some time. Cynthia, please come and place another drip on him. Can you please wait outside?" She ushered Made and the man out of the place, with a pretty young nurse coming to his ward. Tade laid down again and rested.

The next day being Saturday there was no class so Made was able to bring Shittu and Malik to the ward. Shittu almost caused trouble for the nurses, who did not want overcrowding but the matured way in which Malik handled the situation doused the tension. Tade then told them what happened.

"Ehen? So na so your class captain die be that?" Made asked, looking shocked.

"Na so o! The funny part of it was that it was inside campus, if na town na another issue."

"Its not the first time dem go kill person for campus, only that e no dey plenty. Malik informed the group. Usually, such stuffs happen in town."

"Who kill am?" Shittu asked.

"How I go know? Shey I dey there when him pafuka?"

"But e possible say you....."

"Him no no!" Malik and Made shouted in unison, disturbing other patients.

"Abeg I wan rest, maybe when I recover I go tell you wetin I know." Tade told the rest, which led to Made to drag Shittu away. However he beckoned on Malik to wait.

"The person was on a speed bike." He whispered to Malik.

Malik then paused for a minute like he was thinking.

"It must be Dumuje then." He told Tade.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Tholuwani(f): 6:25pm On Jan 07, 2015
Thanx for the update rapmike
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by ODUMAIYE(f): 5:06am On Jan 08, 2015
FOLLOWING
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 3:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
Malik patted Tade on his head. "Rest well and recover your strength. Remember that next week is lecture free week." He walked away, smiling at the weakened student.

Lecture free week and exams breezed by for OAU campus, as nothing of note happened save for the few issues of examination malpractice in some courses. Tade himself had obviously recovered and was busying himself with his papers.

It was after one of such papers that Shodipo nosed his way to Tade's front.

"How far?" He attempted a handshake on Tade with that fake smile beaming brightly like the sun. Tade did not buy into it, however and refuse to shake hands with him.

"What's wrong with you, bro? You do as if you no know me." Shodipo said in a mock rastafarian style.

"What do you want?" Tade asked him, obviously uncomfortable with the appearance of the latter.

"I see I am not welcome. Keep your greetings man, keep your greetings." Shodipo said as he ran after Dumuje,which was a relief for Tade.

On getting to his hostel, he called Salisu to come the next day to take him home. He decide that a change of atmosphere will do and fortunately for him, that was his last paper. He gave out some of his foodstuffs to Malik and Andrew, who were staying behind because of their project, while he kept the provisions in his locker. The next day, Salisu came by and they left for home.

1 Like

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by CrazyScientist: 12:23am On Jan 09, 2015
Nice update ,please make them longer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... / Twist Of Fate. / TORN (based On A True Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.