Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. (63328 Views)

The White Wizard By Tade Adegbindin / Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by harjibolar10(m): 6:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
Keep em coming boss
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Tholuwani(f): 3:39pm On Apr 20, 2015
Its becoming too much of dis Dotun,u will meet ur waterloo one day.Thanx rapmike
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Missmossy(f): 2:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
Chai! Pity the Ronke girl.

More wisdom to you rapmike, keep em' coming!
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by MhizEnkay(f): 2:42pm On Apr 21, 2015
Rapmike, your story had me glued to Nairaland for hours. More grease.

So many tall guys in this movie...
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 3:18pm On Apr 21, 2015
Two hours later, she was left alone, her body shaking with dry tears. She looked at her body and tried to talk, but found only air coming out of the mouth. Her mouth was free but she could not shout, for her captors were around. Besides she had gone through what is a woman's worst nightmare- rape, and she had experienced it six times.

She looked sideways and saw her 'dude'- the guy who deceived her and brought her this pain looking at her with some pity. Probably he did not know that is was part of the plan.

Sunday watched as men continued to enter into the 'sacred groove' of the girl and felt disgusted. He was told and tutored in many things when he joined the frat, but how to become totally heartless eluded his mind. For Heavens sake, this was a young girl, scarred for life. He knew that Dotun would not stop here nor would he mount her. Dotun did not do it because he loved rape, in fact with all his knowledge of Dotun he knew that Dotun does not rape. He did it because he wanted her to suffer.

And what she had experienced was Part 1 of a film, the Part 2 from what he heard will be gruesome.

According to Spider (one of the guys with Dotun), they plan to open her Vag*na and pour concentrated Hydrochloric acid into it. They also planned to bath her body with the acid and then force her to gulp the acid down her mouth, destroying her body systems.

They plan to kill her that way.

As he looked at her, he felt pity. Its bad enough what they want to do, but to deface her on top of it and then kill her? That's just too much for him to bear. He then decided to help her.

After making sure that the door was locked, he walked towards her with a knife. Ronke was shaking, obviously fearing another rape when he cut the cloth binding one of her legs.

A swift kick followed, almost knocking him off.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 3:21pm On Apr 21, 2015
MhizEnkay:
Rapmike, your story had me glued to Nairaland for hours. More grease.

So many tall guys in this movie...

Thanks for your comments, MhizEnkay.

As for the tall guys, its not my fault. Its you ladies that love tall guys, besides its easy to be intimidated by a tall and muscular guy than a short guy.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 3:49pm On Apr 21, 2015
He stood up with an anger only seen in movies, dodged another kick coming from Ronke and moved swiftly to her face, dealing her with a hot slap.

"God punish you! God punish all of you!" Ronke started screaming, as he hissed at her resistance. "Are you so weak that you can't have your share of sex when the others were around?" As she kept talking, Sunday moved quickly and held her face with a strong grip, forcing her words down her throat literally.

"See, you are so keen to die, then allow me to tie your leg back or I will do that violently!" He told her point-blank. Seeing the surprise in her eyes made him bolder.

"Yes, they will decorate your body with acid and leave you to die here, so all these ones you are doing is futile."

"Sunday, do small, small with am!" One of the other men said, causing laughter at the other room.

"But if you value your life, if any part of your life made sense to you, if there is still something you want to live for, then keep quiet as I help you. If you insist on playing smart, then you will give me a reason not to help ladies like you."

As Ronke kept quiet, he began to loose the clothes used to tie her limbs, wondering if he was doing the right thing. This sort of betrayal was payable by only one thing- death! If his 'saving' act was wasted or lost, there was no other option than to die.

As he released the last limb, Ronke sighted an iron rod on the floor. Using all her remaining strength, she swung it at his head, catching him off guard.

This time around, she knocked him out!
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by harjibolar10(m): 5:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
I don't blame ronke thou, but all the same, that s kind of cruel...

Sunday, I hope you won't get yourself killed with what you just did

Oga Mike, keep em coming
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by kingphilip(m): 5:53pm On Apr 21, 2015
it's a substitute but considering from the readers point of view you'll think ronke is wicked because we know d intention of the other innocent one

can ronke make it alive? I doubt that but even if she does it'll b with sweat unlike Sunday who knows d in n out of the building and has already strategized hw to make ha free unlike ronke without plans for nw

ride on Mike. it's a pleasure reading one of ur piece
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by MhizEnkay(f): 7:55pm On Apr 21, 2015
rapmike:

Its you ladies that love tall guys,

Lol. So true.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Tholuwani(f): 7:30am On Apr 24, 2015
Rapmike,where thou at?
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Mourin(f): 1:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
kingphilip:
It can only be Mike da boss

Ride on bro this piece is captivating

Mourin I guess you'll like this too
Ok, thanks i will start readin it when i am through with my exams
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Stormisova(m): 9:10pm On Apr 25, 2015
mheeeen av been followin diz post 4rm d start...i mst comend "rapmike" u r doin a nice work,kip it up
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 2:00pm On Apr 30, 2015
She quickly moved towards the door, then remembered it was the wrong way before moving towards the bed. She was in a flux and was just moving aimlessly when she saw the door open.

Without thinking, she took her rod and hit the door, hitting the hand of the 'intruder' before smacking him on the head, sending him out too.

By now, her half-scared mind had settled down and she realised that the only way she could escape the danger of her surrounding was through the window. So she nimbly jumped down and tip-toed out of the room.

Dotun heard a voice shout from inside the room, however, it was quite low due to the distance between their location and where Ronke was kept. Besides he did hear her scream the other time, so he felt that there was no need. Mutiu had gone to check the source of the noise, so he thought- though Mutiu had differed, saying that he wanted to 'ease himself'.

He rejoined the discussion, but his mind was still on Mutiu, when another guy suggested that they check on him.

The whole folk moved quickly and found to their shock that both Mutiu and Sunday were on the ground, knocked out. More importantly, their prey was gone- Ronke had for some reason was opportune to disappear and disappear she did.

Dotun did not need to shout orders, for they all jumped through the window of what was a bungalow and ran out, switching on torch-lights and phones with torch-lights in them.

The chase had started!
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 5:19pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ronke kept running, her iron rod in her hands. That rod has been a savior to her, knocking two more of her captors en route to her safety. However, she had none of them in front of her, but behind her- she must pray that no surprise attack gets to her.

As she ran, noticing the flashlights around her, she wondered what she will say or do if she escaped this. She was actually not happy either way, she was just serially raped and she can't report for the fear of death. Yet death was not her portion (in Jesus Name, Amen) and she need to make sure that was her case.

Shodipo was returning from a friend's place. It had been fun- talking, shouting and arguing politics while suya and shawarama was passed around with some Don Simon among them. In fact that was the reason why he stayed that long.

As he walked rather confidently and strangely so too, he came across a peeping figure looking at the road. At Akrabata in Ife East L.G.A, it was not strange to see some people coming from or to the bush, obviously to pass some organic waste from their insides which had come from the food they ate. However to see anyone coming out from the bush at this period was very rare and quite dangerous, for you don't know what they did inside the bush.

As he stared towards the person, who was obviously a female, she saw him and moved quickly towards him, looking like a zombie that had just seen fresh blood. That sh*t scared the hell out of him and he was about to run when she signalled to him to wait. As he waited, the figure came closer and he realised that the face was familiar.

"Ronke!"

"Shodipo! Ah! Thank God, please...."

He held her and quickly dragged her to a corner, quickly found out a hiding spot and stayed there with her. When her pursuers, like ten of them passed their location, he quickly carried her to her house, for she had passed out!

Getting to his place, still at Akrabata, he rested her in his room while he went to get some water to sprinkle at her. Luckily for him, she was not far gone and after one or two tiny sneezes, she woke up.

Ronke was quite confused as per what to say for a minute, before in a manner typical of women she started to spill an ocean of information. She was concise enough to let him know what happened and he offered to let her stay for the night, in fact he fetched water for her to have her bath, which she did promptly. Then he allowed her to sleep on his bed while he went to settle with a neighbor.

As soon as he left, she placed a call to Chuks. When she saw that his number was switched off, she sent a message, then quickly deleted the message once it was sent and slept off.

Guess who she saw where she woke up.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 5:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
Am very sorry for my absence. My exams coupled with my BIS expiration caused it. However am back.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by desource13(m): 6:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
rapmike:
Am very sorry for my absence. My exams coupled with my BIS expiration caused it. However am back.
. Welcome back, hw was d exam?
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 7:12pm On Apr 30, 2015
CC
Stormisova Kingphillip Mourin Tholuwani Mhizenkay Missmossy Harjibolar10
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 7:14pm On Apr 30, 2015
desource13:
. Welcome back, hw was d exam?
Exams are good
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Tholuwani(f): 9:57pm On Apr 30, 2015
rapmike:
welcome!welcome!!welcome!!!
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by harjibolar10(m): 2:55am On May 01, 2015
rapmike:
Oga, you are welcome oo, and I hope the exam was good. .. Best of luck sir

As per who she saw ehn, me I'm not good in guessing, but I hope ronke succeed in all the calamities befalling her

Welcome back once again
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by davspog2(m): 5:21am On May 01, 2015
Who else would she see but dotun! Good piece of work
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 5:40pm On May 01, 2015
She could not believe her eyes!

Shodipo was staring at her, with Sunday,Mutiu and everyone that were looking for her, everyone she wanted to avoid.

She could see the 'I warned you' look that Sunday gave her and the fierce looks the likes of Dotun gave her. Shodipo, who she thought will be her savior was distant.

Dotun's face turned from fierce to happy when he saw that she had opened her eyes.

"Shodipo, thank you for keeping my prey and calling me. Its good that my message is always passed." Dotun looked at the other guys. "Oya, carry her away!"

Ronke this time did not put up a resistance, knowing that she could not get pass about ten fully grown men, even if Dotun was one of them. Her play was that between her journey from Shodipo's house to her 'prison', she will escape again.

How wrong she was!

As they left his room, Shodipo shaking due to the gravity of the visit and by what he had just done, they went to another room in the building and raped her for the second time. Ronke, not believing her ill-luck, now tried to wearily fight her assailants, leading to her phone falling and dialling Chuks' number.

In Fajuyi, Chuks was just stirring from his sleep when he saw Ronke's number flashing through his phone. On picking up, he could hear her cries as she got serially raped. Shocked at what he was hearing, he repeatedly called her name, all to no avail. Soon the call was rudely cut, leaving him in fear of his colleague.

Ronke's phone was cut by an observant Sunday, who for the second time in a space of hours, did something he felt not wise by leaving the scene of the rape and smashing her phone to pieces. He came back with car battery acid, with her phone pieces dissolved in it as they forced her mouth open and poured the deadly,corrosive liquid in her, causing crazy squirms as she started to react to the pains of having her insides burnt.

Dotun was not satisfied with what he had done, as he ordered the men around her to drag her to the back of the house, wanting to pour the acid on her body. By now, some of the 'stronger' men were already disgusted with his methods and really wondered what she did to deserve the mess. However, orders were orders and since Dotun was the most senior in the ranks, they had no choice. Sunday in particular, was already holding back some hot tears that were forming.

Of course, Ronke was dead by now but to send a message, Dotun splashed the acid all over her and then after the acid had done its work and was now dormant, he cut up her body to distribute around, a clear reminder of who he was.

He never knew that Chuks was aware of what was happening
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 01, 2015
rapmike Have you tried Wikinut yet? Write about whatever you like and get paid royalties - http://www.wikinut.com/in/ujjgfg/
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 1:21pm On May 02, 2015
Chuks did not understand what had happened, but his heart sank nonetheless. Ronke was definitely in some sort of danger and he did not like the fact that he could not help her. However, he kept looking at her text message which he saw after the call and wondered what he could do. He did not know who Shodipo is and Ronke was just his classmate really- the attention from him may just look unexplainable. Yet the tone of her voice when the call came through and her text message bothered him. Ronke would not have called him unless it was desperate.

As Made and Shittu stared at the confused Chuks waiting for something to happen, Tade came in.

"Good morning guys, hey how.... Chuks wetin do you?"

Chuks was suddenly cut off from his thoughts by Tade's voice and realised that he was the centre of attention of everyone in the room. He quickly composed himself.

"Nothing jare, na one test I dey think about. Make I go baff."

Chuks stood up quickly and went for a bucket, obviously going to fetch water. As he picked it, he decided to watch for the meantime. If Ronke did not show after two days, then he will make his move.

Wale arrived to an empty house, the second time in three days. Since Clara left, he and Nifemi had taken up residence here. However, with Nifemi always busy, he rarely got to see her at home. Rather, it was him and him alone in the building. Even Salisu did not have it that bad.

Thinking of Salisu, he smiled. Salisu had brought his younger brother, who was also a good driver to work for him part-time, as Salisu had decided to write Jamb and go for extra-mural classes for pre-university exams. Yes, Salisu was planning to go to school and despite what Wale threw at him, Salisu stood his ground- even ready to lose his job because he wanted to further his education.

"Musa, come here!" He called for the younger brother. Soon enough, a young, dark dude, just about average in height and skinny in size, showed up.

"When is your brother writing his Jamb exams?"

"Oga, he is writing it today! In fact he has left for the exams."

Wale smiled. So Salisu is furthering his life! He wondered how he managed to arrange all of this, even finding a brother he never knew existed.

"Okay, go to your room. We are not going anywhere today."

The younger dude bowed his head and left. Wale looked at him and smiled before entering his room.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by harjibolar10(m): 9:14pm On May 02, 2015
Oga rapmike, please what has ronke done to that yeye dotun, that must have warrant that punisment . .. Or have I miss something here ni?

Keep em coming boss
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 2:10pm On May 03, 2015
Chapter Eight

Once in the room, Wale looked at the surroundings with abject emotions. Nifemi had moved in, yet there was no sign of the presence of a woman. Nothing in the kitchen, not even a pot on display. If he was truly living alone in the house, he won't have bothered. But a woman was living with him, a woman! To even think that he was planning to marry her was beginning to choke him. Will his marriage be like this?

He walked to his room and looked at the divorce papers. Clara must have expected this to happen and decided to control the situation by sending the divorce papers. That was the person Clara is, even before Andrew was born. He actually admired her for it.

Walking back to the living room, he decided to watch the telly, drifting off to sleep before he could say Jack.

He remained in the sitting room, but he was fifteen years behind the current moment. He watched as Andrew, himself and Clara were playing on the beach, his son's smile clearly showing that he was enjoying the moment.

All of a sudden, the boy stopped running, looking stunned. As Wale and Clara rushed to his aid, the boy turned round only for them to see him gushing his own blood out. He opened his mouth to say........

"Wale! Wale!! Wale!!!" He quickly jumped in his sleep just to see Nifemi looking at him with a worried look.

"Wale, who is this Andrew you have been shouting his name?"

"I have been dreaming." Wale said softly, wiping his face with his hands.

"Of course you have been dreaming! What else did you think you were doing? But this Andrew has tormented your dreams for a long time. Who is he? A patient? A political foe?"

"Nifemi, this is the first time you will hear me call that name, don't start being hysterical."

"Am not hysterical, Wale! You may not have seen me during the day, but when I come at night, I always see you struggle in your sleep with this Andrew. Please, I may not know that much about you, but I need to know who this man is."

Wale sighed deeply. "Andrew is my son."
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 5:07pm On May 03, 2015
"Your son? Do you mean the one that is in school?"

"No, not the one in the university. You see, I had two sons. One is dead and the other is in the university."

"Okay, so tell me more." Nifemi held his hand."I am here for you, just take it easy and tell me."

"Well, Andrew was my first son, my first child. I loved him more than anything I loved in this life. My wife, My Medical career paled in significance to him. He was everything to me and it was worth it, because he was all I could ask from a son."

"Until he entered the Varsity and changed. Then he got lost and was killed by cult members in his school."

"I was so devastated, that it wrecked everything around me. I wanted out of the whole marriage because it reminded me of him. I was totally unhappy til I met you." He touched her cheek."That's why I want to restart life with you."

Nifemi looked at him gently, wondering if she should tell him her mind or not.

"Wale, do you want to know what I think about what you told me?"

Wale nodded his head.

"You need help. You need to move on from whatever this your son represented. I don't necessary mean divorce."

"Divorcing your wife and marrying me will not solve the problem. You will need to man up, Wale and go on with your life. Unfortunate things happen to the best of men and I understand if it derails them but allowing it to wreck your life is not what I will stand for. Wale, that young guy has taken a hold in your life and I can't remove it nor can your wife. Only you can do so and you can't do it alone. I suggest we see a psychologist."

"A psych-what!"
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Missmossy(f): 7:06pm On May 03, 2015
rapmike:
Welcome back mike smiley

How did exams go?

Pity Ronke much, it seems so real. Kudos.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 03, 2015
Mmmmn.........I was just strolling all about NL when i mistakenly stumbled on dis story, I started reading it nd i didn't regret it a bit....... It's a very nice story..... u really tried...... keep it flowing..

Following till da end.....
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by harjibolar10(m): 8:43pm On May 03, 2015
adeh39:
Mmmmn.........I was just strolling all about NL when i mistakenly stumbled on dis story, I started reading it nd i didn't regret it a bit....... It's a very nice story..... u really tried...... keep it flowing..

Following till da end.....
Chai MTN sister

Welcome on board
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 03, 2015
harjibolar10:
Chai MTN sister

Welcome on board
Lols...... MTN! * Everywhere You Go*

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... / Twist Of Fate. / TORN (based On A True Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.