Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. (63459 Views)

The White Wizard By Tade Adegbindin / Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2015
Am very sorry for delaying, have been trying to sort out a little crisis. I will update today.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by JigsawKillah(m): 1:34pm On Oct 04, 2015
rapmike:
Am very sorry for delaying, have been trying to sort out a little crisis. I will update today.

make it longer please
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 11:38pm On Oct 04, 2015
Sunday and Dotun eyes met, one with aggression, the other in slight fear. The tension was unbearable, that even the senators felt it.

But it was just for a minute.

Dotun quickly took charge and walked towards Sunday and hugged him, surprising the senators.

"You know him?" Senator Durojaiye asked Sunday who nodded.

"He is my Capone"

Gasps of Ooh escaped their mouths as they marveled but at the same time understood the situation.

"Let's celebrate this!" Senator Alimi said, as he turned to the intercom to order refreshments

Tade arrived home to meet a completely empty house, save for the gateman.

Father must have left for those midnight shifts. Thought he should be beyond that. He mused, before going to his room to drop his luggage.

It was not up to ten minutes when he heard his father's car arrive. He quickly went to the sitting room to greet him.

Only to meet his father and mother together.

His heart was fluttering at the prospect of them coming together but their faces were telling a different story.

While he was still guessing, Wale opened his mouth.

"Tade, sit down there." Tade quickly found a cushion to sit and waited for his parents to speak.

"Tade, what have you been doing in school?" Wale asked, his eyes squarely focusing on him. Clara was also staring at him, her disposition one of scrutiny.

Tade looked at both of them questioningly. "I am studying Law in school, sir. He answered with a straight face."

"He is not asking you what course you are studying, he is asking you what you are doing in school, because you seem to be distracted."

Tade looked at them with surprise, knowing that he has been doing well in school so far.

"Mummy, I don't understand you at all."
"Okay, let me break it down for you. What connects you with cult groups? "

Tade shut his mouth, his teeth clenched and his disposition edgy. He was expecting some backlash.
He was not wrong.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 2:47am On Oct 05, 2015
"Stop looking at me like that and answer her question!" Wale roared in anger. "What have you been doing all this while? Answer me."

Seeing that Tade was a bit shocked at his behavior, Wale pushed further. "So you think that we will not know, abi?" Wale asked. "That you have joined all those cult groups in school abi? Upon all we give........"

"I did not join any cult, sir!" Tade answered, trying hard to control his anger.

"Then why are we receiving death messages about you?" Clara asked, sympathy running in her veins. "See them." She said, displaying the messages on her phone to Tade.

Tade looked at the phone and found out that not only were his parents right, but that the senders obviously knew his identity and connected his brother's history to it.

Tade on seeing this, became dumbfounded. His parents, noticing his change in emotions, also kept quiet. So for a while the house was quiet.

"Tade, please tell us the truth,you know we are doing this because of you." Clara said, putting her hands on his thighs. "We don't want anything to........."

"Woman, stop begging him!" Wale found his voice. "If he does not want to speak, he is leaving this house this very minute!"

At that moment Tade stood up and walked into his room. Not long after that he came out again with his bag.

"Sir, if you care to know, I joined a group that fight against cultism on campus." He started. "I know that there is a lot of history about that but I don't bloody care. I am going to do it my way and that's final."

Wale looked at him with raw anger. "What did you say? Have you forgotten that you depend on me for school fees or for your allowances? How dare do you speak to me and your mum that way? Don't you have respect for your parents? Can't you be....."

"Please,Please,Please, Stop it!" Tade cut him in mid-sentence. "Why are you behaving like you have the right to control me? You that never took out time to talk to me, to know me, you now come here and start talking nonsense about respect and all that ish. Abeg, abeg, give me space!"

After saying that, he took his things outside, Clara watching in horror while Wale was daring him. It was until he refused to use the cars available but opted for public transport that Clara went to meet him.

"Tade, please don't do this to us." She said, tears running down her cheeks."We are your parents, its natural for us to react the way we did. Please don't go. "

Tade looked at her and felt some pity. However he was determined and soon stopped a taxi.

"At least tell me where you will stay?" She asked. Tade refused to answer her but rather faced the taxi driver and gave him directions before zooming off.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Missmossy(f): 7:34pm On Oct 05, 2015
Chai!!!
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Pukka36(f): 9:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
Our people talk say Dog wey wan loss nr dey hear whistle wey im owner dey blow for amcheesy

I hope Tade doesn't end up like His brothercry
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 7:39am On Oct 06, 2015
"Clara, let him go, that's his luck."

Clara turned back and walked to her car, then changed her mind and charged towards Wale, delivering him a present which was a slap.

"Woman, what's the meaning.........?"

"Will you stop been arrogant?" Clara cut in. "It seems another woman has given you another child, but that boy is my only child left! You think I will watch him go into a perilous situation?"

"What do you want to do?" Wale asked. "Its not as if you could stop him when you went after him."

"That's your excuse, eh Wale?" Clara asked. "Am sure you have another child somewhere."

"The boy is determined to die. Why bother yourself? Isn't this how Andrew carried himself too?"

Clara walked back to her car, dejected. "Nothing must happen to that boy." She said. "Nothing, I repeat." She entered her car and drove off angrily.

As soon as she left, Wale made a call. "Sonya, please be coming now and bring two of those your friends."

The new session woke up with a buzz in its head, as the news of Wande's sentence streamed through.

That success propelled a windstorm of change, one that Rachael started. Before anyone could say Jack, cultists in action or oppressing others were been caught and dealt with.

It was first unclear who was doing it exactly, but it was not long that names started to fly out. Names like Rachael, Rose, Williams, Kunle and Tade. Tade was one of the students who mobilized others in response to any cult attack. He was already becoming popular among the students, with the opposing side, which were the cults just watching quietly while making one or two attacks on selected few students.

It wasn't all success, however, as the Student Union President, Taiye Comfy, was one of the cult members, specifically a remnant of the recently destroyed Ravens. However, things were to change quickly.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Pukka36(f): 8:18am On Oct 06, 2015
I smell blood!

grin

I hope Tade survives.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Adah96(f): 8:32am On Oct 06, 2015
Pukka36:
I smell blood!

grin

I hope Tade survives.
I smell it too cheesy *disappears*
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Igwoh: 12:24pm On Oct 06, 2015
Tade take it easy
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 10:34pm On Oct 06, 2015
Tade was reading in Fajuyi cafe one morning when Sodiq, a Part One student rushed to him.

"Bro Tade abeg, come help me!" He asked, blocking Tade's sight.

Tade found it annoying but considering it was in a public area and the student's persistence, Tade gave in but walked out of the cafe with the student.

"So what is it?" Tade asked.

"Some cult guys are raping my sister in town." Sodiq said, resigned to fate. Tade looked at him unperturbed.

"So am now Superman that will beat them?" He asked.
"No sir, but I don't know where to go. Please brother Tade........."

"Am not your brother." Tade interjected. "So what should I do now?"

The lad was seriously discouraged and was already leaving when Tade held his hand. "Where in town is your sister?"

"Parakin." Sodiq answered with a new light in his eyes.
"Wait here." Tade went back to the cafe and picked his book.

"Williams, how far?" Tade said on sighting Williams, who was just entering the cafe.

"Tade, xup? "
After the greetings, Tade pulled Williams to his side. "Abeg organize some guys, e bi like say kasala don burst for Parakin."
"Where for Parakin?"
"I no sabi, but na person wan take me there."
"Oya na, let's take it easy. Let me follow you."
"No, don't follow me immediately. Just follow me from behind, I suspect something."
"Okay."

With that, Tade followed Sodiq to Parakin, only to meet a surprise.

A full-blown as5 woman bouncing her ass about!
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 6:46pm On Oct 07, 2015
The shock that Tade had was unexplainable.

Here he was expecting a woman shattered and in tears, crumpled up and crushed by the abuse called rape. Yet here was a totally different girl, who was not only seemingly happy but was totally naked, like she was expecting sex from her boyfriend.

He turned around and saw that the door was locked.

See Gobe!

Sodiq used the opportunity of the shock to lock Tade inside. With that successful, he was sure that the setup was complete.

He did not figure that Williams was that close to him, so as he turned away from the door, he came in contact with Williams, who was with seven other guys.

"Open the door." Williams immediately asked of him. Sodiq, confronted by the current situation went ahead to open the door.

Tade was saved by the door.

"What the hell is happening here?!" Williams said as he opened the door, shocked at the sight of a naked lady chasing Tade. The lady whose scheme was spoiled, looked on like a spoiled egg while Tade quickly pushed her away and walked towards Williams.

"Na wetin I see be that." He responded. "Where is that boy that locked the door?"
One of the guys with Williams dragged Sodiq to him.

"Now tell me, what's wrong?" He turned to the lady who was still shocked.

"Dress up, your body is irritating!"

3 Likes

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by myndd(m): 1:36am On Oct 09, 2015
Rap Mike u b boss, d way u described the campus environment, u too much
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 6:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
As the lady dressed up, Tade and Williams turned to Sodiq.

"Now tell me with you suppose to say. Why did you call me? Why did this happen?" Sodiq looked speechless and utterly dumb at them, irritating Williams.

"Guy, he said to Tade, let's carry this guy go campus, maybe when we deal with am for Floor O, him go talk."

Sodiq quickly went on his knees and started to beg.

"Wetin be this? Abeg carry am!" Williams instructed two of the guys.

"I go talk! I go talk!!" Sodiq shouted, forcing Williams to stay action. The lady, on the other hand had dressed up and was about sneaking out, only for Tade to catch her movement.

"And where do you think you are going?" Tade asked her, dragging her into the middle of them all.

Sodiq started to open up. "Its true that my sister was been raped, but it did not happen today."

"Continue." Williams urged him.

"It happened last week. The Student Union President came with two other guys, beat me and bundled me inside that wardrobe. Then, then they first argued with my sister then they beat her and raped her."

"After that, they warned her not to tell anyone. But my sister was already given to a prince and they won't accept a woman who is not a virgin. That's why we decided to use Bro Tade."

Tade smirked on hearing the comment, while Williams found it incredulous.

"So, this is the excuse you have for doing what you did?" Williams asked.

"Its very stupid reason." Tade added. Sodiq and the lady were not smilig either.

"Its true, I swear that its true." Sodiq pleaded, laying down prostrate on the ground for all to see. His face looked sincere enough, but Tade was not ready to be deceived.

Williams suddenly became serious. "I have a plan."
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Igwoh: 12:05am On Oct 10, 2015
Following
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Kpakam(m): 9:06am On Oct 10, 2015
Observing,Rapmike,U 2 much
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2015
Am ending this story here, its not worth it at all. My motivation has died down, people are waiting for mentions before they even drop a comment, its very unfair.

Guess Nairaland is not for me at the moment.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Igwoh: 7:05pm On Oct 10, 2015
Noo! my bros u don't have to
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by twinklestar(m): 7:32pm On Oct 10, 2015
@rapmike, i can understand the frustration when there is no adequate feedback from the audience. Rest assured, that we are enthralled by this thriller of yours. I am swayed especially by the focus on activism
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by akinleye12345(m): 7:44pm On Oct 10, 2015
Boss u re doing a great job ooooo
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Lyoncrescent: 8:39pm On Oct 10, 2015
I respect your imagination . The scene where you described how sunday and the rest got their powers by been devoured by dogs is just priceless. That's excellent imagination and creativity at its best. The story is thrilling and I have to say that your very first update is one of the best I've ever read on nairaland. I don't often comment till a story is done but if you wish you to end it here I respect your decision but plead with you to have a change of heart. Still wondering how Sunday and Dotun will be killed...
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by JigsawKillah(m): 8:58pm On Oct 10, 2015
Rapmike. . .abeg finish am jare.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by JigsawKillah(m): 8:59pm On Oct 10, 2015
The same thing happened to me too, just for the few ones begging you to, complete it

or at least, kill Dotun and Sunday before you go
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 9:01pm On Oct 10, 2015
Am touched by the comments. Its not like I want to abandon it like that for nothing sake, its just that when it seems like people are just reading and passing by, it saps off motivation.

Anyway, I will continue, thanks to all that made comments.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by JigsawKillah(m): 9:20pm On Oct 10, 2015
rapmike:
Am touched by the comments. Its not like I want to abandon it like that for nothing sake, its just that when it seems like people are just reading and passing by, it saps off motivation.

Anyway, I will continue, thanks to all that made comments.

good thing you saw the war from afar. . . we for form isis for your thread grin grin cheesy
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 9:52pm On Oct 10, 2015
"I have a plan."

Williams faced Sodiq, who was still on the ground. "I will give you and this winch a chance to redeem yourselves. Call the SUG President. Tell him that you want to see him over something, that you want to talk. If he refuses or cuts the call, let me know."

The lady searched for her phone frantically, then dashed into her room. Some guys felt like following her but Williams told them not to bother. Within two minutes she came back with a worried face.

"I don't have his number." She said.
"Na lie!" One of the guys vehemently opposed, causing her to cringe.
"Don't worry, whether na lie or na true no matter, I get im number." He picked her phone and typed the president's number in there.

"Oya call him." He urged her. He then brought out an old tape recorder, the label obviously scratched away.

With eyes and ears fixed at her, she called him.

"Bimpe! Bimpe!! How can I help you?" The president said in a harsh tone. She had put the call on speaker as they all retired to the room, Williams quickly started the tape recorder.

"Please, I am scared, I don't know what to tell my mummy. She will know."

"Why are you behaving like a baby? Find what to do about it! That's not my problem, because as far as am concerned, that day did not exist."

"Ah, ah, you are wicked! After everything you did to me and my brother! Ah, God will judge you!"

"Like that God cares. See, I can rape you over and over, nothing you can do about it. Better find one poor dude to put the blame on." He sneered behind the phone. "Good day!" He cut the call.

As soon as he dropped the call, Williams switched off the tape recorder he had.

"Okay, let's go." He then looked at Sodiq and Bimpe. "You guys are very lucky, if he did not confirm your story, you will be in Floor O by now."

With those words Williams left them,Tade walking besides him.
"Guy, wetin be the one wey you do for there?"
Kpom! Williams delivered a knock on Tade's head.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 10:02pm On Oct 10, 2015
JigsawKillah:

good thing you saw the war from afar. . . we for form isis for your thread grin grin cheesy

You no fit!!-D
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by JigsawKillah(m): 10:15pm On Oct 10, 2015
rapmike:

You no fit!!-D

lol
you for try am na
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by dpete1: 10:24pm On Oct 10, 2015
bros...abeg i dy folow wella.kip it up bro.

Continuin rapping bro ;Dbros...abeg i dy folow wella.kip it up bro.

Continuin rapping bro
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 10:30pm On Oct 10, 2015
JigsawKillah:

lol you for try am na
Na lie! grin
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by JigsawKillah(m): 10:34pm On Oct 10, 2015
rapmike:

Na lie! grin

if you sure say na lie, update this night
if na true, nor update grin grin
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by nellyme(f): 1:25pm On Oct 11, 2015
rapmike:
Am ending this story here, its not worth it at all. My motivation has died down, people are waiting for mentions before they even drop a comment, its very unfair.

Guess Nairaland is not for me at the moment.

You are complaining about no comment on your story. I have commented on this post since the time I got to see the story but u never appreciated it. All I do is read now and go. If u want pple to comment the more then start appreciating their comments. That's one thing I like about Repogirl and Larrysun, they have time to reply all the comments on their story.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... / Twist Of Fate. / TORN (based On A True Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.