Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 (2905 Views)

How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola / Babatunde Fashola Resumes Work As A Minister See Photos / Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by technokid(m): 11:38am On Dec 08, 2008
I believe so much in this man, I believe he is the man we need to rule this country and I am willing to work without any pay to make this a reality come 2015. It can be done, drop a comment if you share in my views. NIGERIA ALSO NEEDS CHANGE BIGGER THAN AMERICA'S
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by santavista: 1:12pm On Dec 08, 2008
seconded
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by Muza(m): 1:18pm On Dec 08, 2008
How? grin
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by BecomeRich: 1:30pm On Dec 08, 2008
so what happen to 2011. if he want to run , he should run for 2011. Umuru Yar adua can not win in 2011 , expect if he rigs the election. he is the worst president in nigeria so far. so if fashola want to run, he should not wait till 2011, he should run 2011. Anyone would be better than Umaru yar adua,

He is a no show. Nigeria need he out of power.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by Jakumo(m): 1:38pm On Dec 08, 2008
An UNSTOPPABLE presidential ticket for Nigeria's next presidential election would consist of Fashola as president and Dora Akinyuli, the woman who repeatedly puts her life on the line to rid Nigeria of counterfeit pharmaceutical importing gags whose substandard medications kill thousands annually, as vice president.

The Senior Advocate attorney and feat-performing governor who is turning Lagos state around for the very much better, Babatunde Fashola, and Nigeria's Amazon Warrior Woman of the Decade, Dora Akinyuli, SHALL BE Nigeria's next popularly elected leaders, if there is justice in this world.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 08, 2008
Even though Obama re-emerge for Yoruba land

Him must wait for forty years before he contest Presidency

The rotation must go round
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by subice(m): 2:04pm On Dec 08, 2008
Jakumo:

An UNSTOPPABLE presidential ticket for Nigeria's next presidential election would consist of Fashola as president and Dora Akinyuli, the woman who repeatedly puts her life on the line to rid Nigeria of counterfeit pharmaceutical importing gags whose substandard medications kill thousands annually, as vice president.

The Senior Advocate attorney and feat-performing governor who is turning Lagos state around for the very much better, Babatunde Fashola, and Nigeria's Amazon Warrior Woman of the Decade, Dora Akinyuli, SHALL BE Nigeria's next popularly elected leaders, if there is justice in this world.

Now that would be some team! A landslide win no doubt. Only problem might be Akinyuli's association with the PDP.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by Moves: 2:04pm On Dec 08, 2008
If he wants to contest; 2011 should be it; No Need to wait for 2015. Atleast he is not bereft of ideas as mr go slow; will this ever happen -nooo not in our nigeria; we have a knack of selecting the worst people; but sorry we dont choose; we have the misfortune of the wrong people being imposed on us.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by SkyBlue1: 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2008
Firstly, let this man please not get distracted and continue to focus on the job which he currently has which is Governor of Lagos State. Secondly @Jakumo, if such a dream has a ghost of a chance of ever manifesting then electoral reforms should be addressed. Have such been addressed? Yar Adua is still the president of Nigeria and all that the electoral tribunals have done in his case is prove the inability or lack of courage or any balls to do what is right. So why on earth won't PDP or whomever (most likely PDP) rig whomever they want into power when it seems like they have malready gotten away with the last major one?

The Governor of lagos state should not be distracted please. If at least one state in the whole state of emergency country turns out to be working then that is one down and 35 to go. I have been shouting electoral reform since, i guess the importance of such will make itself known when it is not addressed and about 2 years from now Yar Adua gets second tenure. That is when the crying will begin again and the whole cycle continues.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by banom(m): 2:18pm On Dec 08, 2008
POSTER,
you know what will happen in 2015 but you dont know what will happen in 2011,  i will raghter vote abacha for president in 2015 than a yoruba man to come and lead Nigeria again immidiately after Yaradua, do you think other tribes are fools ?

infact,
ABACHA FOR PRESIDENT 2015
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by SkyBlue1: 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2008
banom:

POSTER,
you know what will happen in 2015 but you don't know what will happen in 2011,  i will raghter vote abacha for president in 2015 than a yoruba man to come and lead Nigeria again immidiately after Yaradua, do you think other tribes are fools ?

infact,
ABACHA FOR PRESIDENT 2015

WOW. I am simply speechless. I just don't even know what to say. @banom with that post of yours do you think you should actually have the audacity to complain about anything relating to the state of Nigeria? I apologise, i shouldn't have bothered.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by KnowAll(m): 2:25pm On Dec 08, 2008
The president and vice president can come from a village 2 km from each other, as long as they take care of Nigerians as a whole and not their own tribes man then nobody will give a hoot. Who ever can return Nigeria to what obtained in the late 70's to early 80's.  Nobody will think of the president been an Hausa man, yoruba man or any other tribe. This is what Nigerians wants

1. Strong Currency - The good old days when N1 is equal to $1.

2. The glorious days when a teacher can actually save up and take his/her family to london for shopping.- In those good old days shop owners use to close the shop if you tell them you are from Nigeria.

3. The good old days when you could buy a brand new car for N4000.00

4. Good old days when you graduate your dad buys you a car and gives you the key to a house when you get married.

5. The good old days when you have shopping malls like kingsway selling everything you can get in the West.

6. Can Nigeria ever be like that again ?, whoever can deliver all these even if you comes from the moon Nigerians will vote for them en-masse.

This quota system that obtains at the moment is un-sustanable, we need people who have vision not somebody that does not have a clue what goverment is all about.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by Bialegend(m): 2:52pm On Dec 08, 2008
technokid:

I believe so much in this man, I believe he is the man we need to rule this country and I am willing to work without any pay to make this a reality come 2015. It can be done, drop a comment if you share in my views. NIGERIA ALSO NEEDS CHANGE BIGGER THAN AMERICA'S
Nonsense. You can believe in him as much as you want, but fact is that rotational presidency must continue. Your people have wasted your own chance through OBJ, so why ask for more when others are yet to get the their own chance? Why don't you root for him to take over in 2011 and finish off the hausa term? What are you afraid of? Afraid of confronting the hausas and telling them that they know nothing about leadership and so should make room for your Fashola to take over?
You don't want him in 2011, but you want him in 2015. You know that you nigerians always like to show how strong you are when it comes to dealing with Igbos. Why don't you show off what you can do to install Fashola in 2011 when the hausa's mandate is still on course? I repeat, are you are afraid of what the hausas will do? Egbe oshi. Fashola ni, 2015 ko. Fact is, your people should wait for 40 good years before your turn again, even if you have Obama times 10. Nonsense.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by Bialegend(m): 2:59pm On Dec 08, 2008
Jakumo:

What about your so called unstopable presidential ticket for your nigeria's next presidential election being Dora Akinyuli for president and Fashola as vice president? I am sure you weren't drunk when you paired the two and have Fashola a yoruba as president and Dora Akinyuli an Igbo as vice. What about the other way round? I guess the ticket with Dora Akunyuli as the president won't sell for you yorubas because it's hard to swallow the fact of Igbo whether performing good or bad becoming your president. I ask you again, what about Dora Akinyuli as president and Fashola as her vice?
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by Muza(m): 3:10pm On Dec 08, 2008
Bialegend:

What about your so called unstopable presidential ticket for your nigeria's next presidential election being Dora Akinyuli for president and Fashola as vice president? I am sure you weren't drunk when you paired the two and have Fashola a yoruba as president and Dora Akinyuli an Igbo as vice. What about the other way round? I guess the ticket with Dora Akunyuli as the president won't sell for you yorubas because it's hard to swallow the fact of Igbo whether performing good or bad becoming your president. I ask you again, what about Dora Akinyuli as president and Fashola as her vice?

How can we allow a woman to rule us,you must be joking grin
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by Eziachi: 3:16pm On Dec 08, 2008
Ha ha ha!!!!!
Yes what about the other way round? Akunyili for president and Fashola for her vice, though they are not in the same basket case called political parties. But whom am I kidding! Nigeria rulership is a two horse race: two steps for the northerns and one step for the Yorubas.
That is their unwritten ruling agreement and the rest are there to make up the number.
That is why the two re always hail bent in keeping one Nigeria atfloat by all means.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by Jakumo(m): 3:21pm On Dec 08, 2008
Eziachi:

Yes what about the other way round? Akunyili for president and Fashola for her vice,

That is an even better idea.  Liberia has a female president who is doing a very good job of reconstructing that country, and Mrs. Akinlyuli would get my vote for Nigeria's top job if she ever runs for that post in the future.

Muza:

How can we allow a woman to rule us,you must be joking grin

Muza rest assured that Dora Akinluyi has proved herself capable of wearing trousers that few mortal men could fill, so she is more than qualified to be conferred with the status of an Honorary Man and future president of Nigeria.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by lucabrasi(m): 3:22pm On Dec 08, 2008
@poster
and here we go again, while we know a politician like fashola is a rarity in nigerian politics,i think we should leave him to finish what he started before calling for him to run as president, this is the same mistake we made with ribadu untill he started feeling pig headed and on top of the world thinking he was invincible and not answerable to anyone,
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by KnowAll(m): 3:24pm On Dec 08, 2008
@Bialegend
Your people have wasted your own chance through OBJ, so why ask for more when others are yet to get the their own chance? Why don't you root for him to take over in 2011 and finish off the hausa term? What are you afraid of? Afraid of confronting the hausas and telling them that they know nothing about leadership and so should make room for your Fashola to take over?

Have you forgotten that any Nigeria irrespective of where you come from are free to associtiate and create political parties at random without fear,  prejudice or intimidation. I will like to ask a few question

1. Where in the constituion was it written that the presidency should be rotational.

2. Do not confuse PDP's policy with other political  parties.

3. Yorubas cannot be Presidential candidate for PDP, that is for sure, but they can be presidential candidate for any other party.

4. If I like tommorow I form my own political party and make myself presidential candidate-  I will see how you will stop me.

5. The constition allows as many politcal party as possible and not jus PDP, you dont know the party that will win the 2011 presidential election might still be in its infancy stage now.

6. Dont be fooled and dis-illusioned by PDP's Policy, PDP is not the Nigeria electorate, the electorate will choose whoever they want come 2011.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 08, 2008
KnowAll:

@Bialegend
Your people have wasted your own chance through OBJ, so why ask for more when others are yet to get the their own chance? Why don't you root for him to take over in 2011 and finish off the hausa term? What are you afraid of? Afraid of confronting the hausas and telling them that they know nothing about leadership and so should make room for your Fashola to take over?

Have you forgotten that any Nigeria irrespective of where you come from are free to associtiate and create political parties at random without fear,  prejudice or intimidation. I will like to ask a few question

1. Where in the constituion was it written that the presidency should be rotational.

2. Do not confuse PDP's policy with other political  parties.

3. Yorubas cannot be Presidential candidate for PDP, that is for sure, but they can be presidential candidate for any other party.

4. If I like tommorow I form my own political party and make myself presidential candidate-  I will see how you will stop me.

5. The constition allows as many politcal party as possible and not jus PDP, you don't know the party that will win the 2011 presidential election might still be in its infancy stage now.

6. don't be fooled and this-illusioned by PDP's Policy, PDP is not the Nigeria electorate, the electorate will choose whoever they want come 2011.

one naijariaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by Moves: 5:00pm On Dec 08, 2008
Well, I for one dont have problem with dora being president; if it is the Igbo's turn they have the option of Dora and Ernest Ndukwe, any one of those will do; please Igbo's no orji kalu etc. We want result oriented people.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by Eziachi: 5:26pm On Dec 08, 2008
It doesn't matter to me a jolt where the president comes from, but the fact of th matter is that even if bring Jesus Christ to rule a one Nigeria, it will never work. Nigerian problem is how it's structured to constantly produce corrupt and inept rulers.

So no matter who goes there, as long as you have one single entity as it is today, the structure on the ground will corrupt the person.
When you kept producing rulers by whose turn it is, what hope is there?
Muza don't even believe in gender equality in politics.

Until Nigerian forget about crude oil quick buck and go back to pre independence constitution that allows every region to looks after it's affair and pay tax to the central govt an dcentral govt take care of just the army and foreign affairs, Nigeria will never move an inch and I can bet my last supper on it.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by Bialegend(m): 5:37pm On Dec 08, 2008
Moves:

Well, I for one don't have problem with dora being president; if it is the Igbo's turn they have the option of Dora and Ernest Ndukwe, any one of those will do; please Igbo's no orji kalu etc. We want result oriented people.
Nonsense. Have the hausas and yorubas ever given you result oriented people? Why must Igbos be tasked to produce resulted oriented people during their turn? If yorubas can produce OBJ out of all their people and hausas produce the past worst plus this sitting lame duck of the moment, what stops Igbos from producing anyone, and i mean anyone at all of their own? After all, Igbos didn't start the rubbish, so let it continue until those that started it learns to come up with better. Igbos can't be fixing their mess for them all the time. I say, vote Ojo Maduekwe or Andy Uba for president 2015.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by tunrexdj(m): 6:42pm On Dec 08, 2008
I must say that Babatunde Raji Fashola is very qualified to be the next president of Nigeria.We need to push and encourage young and dynamic individuals like Fashola to jostle for the number one post in the country.We need someone like him to help lift Nigeria up from the mess this lame duck president has put us in.
Nigerians cant wait to vote out this bereft,inept,incompetent and spineless government.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by banom(m): 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2008
ABACHA FOR PRESIDENT
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by technokid(m): 2:48pm On Dec 09, 2008
My fellow Nigerians, I posted this thread and I'm not a yoruba man, hausa man nor an Igbo man, I'm from the south-south. I'm trying to dream of a Nigeria in which where you come and the language you speak and your gender doesn't become a criteria for running for any office.
This generation have to do something about that sort of mind-set, we need a Nigeria in which credibility is the greatest qualification needed in running for office.
I don't care if a yoruba man, hausa man or Igbo man has ruled since independence, all I care is the credibility of the next president not his tribe nor gender.I chose Fashola for 2015 not 2011 because I believe he still needs to rule Lagos another 4years to take Lagosians to the promise land.As I said earlier on, Fashola is my man and I'll do everything I can to make this a reality.
Someone might say he stands no chance with PDP, but I believe not is impossible and the party PDP is not greater than Nigerians.It's high time we time we fight for our votes.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by technokid(m): 2:52pm On Dec 09, 2008
The greatest thing that can happen to Nigeria to make us move forward is if the immunity clause can be removed in all strata of government. I believe this would make any body take wants to run for an office think twice
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 09, 2008
Author Nzeribe for president 2015.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by Muza(m): 3:20pm On Dec 09, 2008
technokid:

The greatest thing that can happen to Nigeria to make us move forward is if the immunity clause can be removed in all strata of government. I believe this would make any body take wants to run for an office think twice

Removing the immunity clause wont be enough
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by lammie01: 3:20pm On Dec 09, 2008
I think we have to let this man complete the ernomous task ahead of him. Over praising him would distract this man and like an earlier post talking of what happened to Ribadu. Fashola is human and over praising him would reduce the thirst and drive that has gotten him to where he his. No doubt his efforts should be acknowledged but the many complex problems of Lagos have to be brought to his attention and not talking of a presidency in 7 yrs time.

When he starts to devote his attention to 2015 when would he have time to concentrate to to govern the people of Lagos!!
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by KnowAll(m): 3:47pm On Dec 09, 2008
Fashola should deliver the lagos Metro Line and then people will take him serious. We all saw what DDuke did in CRS with tinapa notwithstanding the little money they get. Fashola must deliver something substantial for people to take him serious.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President 2015 by Eziachi: 11:39pm On Dec 09, 2008
KnowAll:

Fashola should deliver the lagos Metro Line and then people will take him serious. We all saw what DDuke did in CRS with tinapa notwithstanding the little money they get. Fashola must deliver something substantial for people to take him serious.

Good point, let Fahola finish his term first before people start singing his praises. Like you said, Donald Duke fooled his people and Nigerians with his useless elephant project called Tinapa and now Cross River is deep in their neck with debt from his rubbish. Government buiding shopping complex?
I want to see Fashola deliver his Metro plan, not like Odilli's power turbine or his private jet he called Rivers state air ambulance.
Nigeria!!!!! You have to laugh sometimes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Arrest 500 Kidnappers / Igbo Deportee From Lagos Dies, Five Others In Critical Health Condition / Parallel Government: Open Letter To Governor Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.