Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,575 members, 7,958,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:05 AM

A Nairalanders Advice To Other Nairalanders Regarding Politics. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nairalanders Advice To Other Nairalanders Regarding Politics. (380 Views)

Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos / BREAKING: President Buhari Fulfills Pledge Regarding Fight Against Boko Haram / Gbawe And Other Nairalanders, Please Forgive Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalanders Advice To Other Nairalanders Regarding Politics. by Marvin67: 11:32pm On Dec 18, 2014
Sometimes I ask myself who is wise and who is fooling who in Nigeria today.
There's a big political divide in Nigeria, a divide that makes me fear for my nation. In today's Nigeria, you're either in the camp of PDP (GEJ) or in the camp of APC (GMB).
Those in the GEJ camp look for every reason to disbelieve anything positive coming from the GMB camp, they castigate everything that's connected to GMB and no amount of convincing can make them change their stand.
Those in GMB camp, also castigate GEJ so much that they see nothing good in his administration. They look for every reason to attack anything that has GEJ on it, and just like the GEJ boys, no amount of convincing can make them change their stand.
My fear for this nation is that the politicians are at it again. All sorts of propaganda will keep flying from both camps until the big two parties decide to (miraculously) mearge one day.
Have we ever sat down to ask ourselves these question;
If Buhari decamps to the PDP today, will the party still call him a religious bigot?
If GEJ decides to decamp to APC today, will the APC reject him, and stop referring to him as an incompetent president?

Fellow nairalanders, please open your eyes before you jump into this political war that the politicians are dragging everyone into. Can't we see a trend gradually coming up in Nigeria? The south southerners created trouble, and didn't stop until their man got the seat of power. Now there's trouble in the north, which looks like it wouldn't stop until a northerner gets into power. With the elections close by, some people from the south south are already preparing battleships just incase their man loses out. If you know the creeks well, you'd know that if those boys decide to make that rejoin ungovernable even for Barack Obama, they can do it, because they no one knows the creeks in Bayelsa as much as the militants do. Is this how Nigeria should continue?
I personally think Nigeria is ripe to have a vibrant president (in the mould of an Obama) who can talk the talk, work the work, and who has the charisma to inspire Nigerians. A knowledgeable president whose speech alone can inspire a turn around in Nigeria. With due respect to GMB and GEJ, both of them are capable of boring someone to sleep with their dull presentation of speeches.
Please fellow nairalanders, be wise. Don't jump into one side of the divide. Politicians are politicians. Do not believe all you read online.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: A Nairalanders Advice To Other Nairalanders Regarding Politics. by 9jaforlife: 11:41pm On Dec 18, 2014
I beg to differ. As long as it's not possible to vote for two presidential candidates at once, then you still have to choose whoever you deem appropriate and lend your support. This happens in every part of the world.

It's the childish way in which some NLanders and ill-meaning Nigerians go about it that needs to be changed.

(1) (Reply)

2015 Elections Will Boil Down To The Following / Fayose Distributes Christmas Largesse To Ekiti People. / More Than 50 Aged People Rounded Up And Shot By Boko Haram In Gwoza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.