Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! (7083 Views)

Ayade Begging To Join APC — Chieftain / Five PDP Governors Will Join APC – Oyegun / Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 20, 2014

Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 20, 2014
p3ndy79:
Governor Rotimi Amaechi Chibuke

"I didn't join APC because of becoming the Vice President. I joined the party so as to effect change. I'm 49- years of age & I'd never thought of becoming the VP at the age of 49. If anybody tells me that I'd become the VP at that age, I won't believe it. Osinbajo's emergence is the best to give to Nigerians at this challenging times."
Guess APC have inaugurated a group called ACG
(Amaechi Consolation Group) established to make him feel like a man and take up d DG, where he would be milk Down to the barest minimum
Like I earlier said in 1 thread... Apart from the fact that Tinubu can't be sidelined he's like cr7 U don't bench him In an El classico match
We YORUBAS have a habit don't know of others
[size=25pt]how u threat ur own will be use against u when itz tym to face it off... Itz then u we hear (shey be Oshey ju bayii lo fun baba ATI iya ni jo nii)
(am not surprised u did worse to ur mother and father few days ago) mind u on that day he/she won't utter a word will just Continue to observe hw u are slugging it out with ur parents
[/size]
Amaechi got the picture late like the dead staring at his own obituary

DG of life... dis post didn't buy me all of aint Amaechi (mugu of the year)

And to Cap it all this VP ish don ginger wike

Amaechi go hear am

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 20, 2014
This Taxi Driver thinks we are fools. How can you say you are 49 years ? He is not just half-mad, he is also a liar.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by Jesusloveyou: 8:20am On Dec 20, 2014
youngpol:
Ok. Why then did you join APC?? I wonder...
he join to send clueless president back to otuoke.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 20, 2014
Amaechi never wanted VP position, he actually wanted the DG position, Driver General ?

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 20, 2014
mikeansy:

Osinbajo is untested

What about Zambo
Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by honeric01(m): 10:00am On Dec 20, 2014
SirShymex:

Understandable. Hence I'm not really a fan of the guy.

APC and the North had four years, yet they couldn't build a young and vibrant Northerner - shameful. It's about PR, and eloquence, you'll woo folks. Same way Fashola has wooed everyone.

The guy is damaged goods, to be honest.

Anyway, they need to keep harping on nostalgia, and let's see if Nigerians will buy it. You know I don't like GEJ. He's a terrible leader, and anyone will be better than him. grin

Damaged goods yet floored all the younger contestants in APC during the primaries including Okorocha

Damaged goods yet have been consistent with each election with progressive number of votes, his 6 months old party won 12 million votes while a younger Ribadu couldn't even gather 1 million votes.

Bro, don't listen to those who hate the man for tribal and religious reasons, let them tell us why he's not sellable yet comes second all the time after a rigging incumbent govts.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 20, 2014
Adminisher:

This your comment is loaded with lameness. The ATM of the APC for four years has been Tinubu and he has not complained to anybody.

Fear, hatred and concern for the future in terms of having a northerner back as president is worrying you and making you guys lash out at Amaechi for no reason. What did you guys think, that a northerner will not be president any longer in Nigeria?. That is a low IQ thinking.
Get over it, Buhari's presidency is not the end of the world but a positive change and bright new beginning.

Almost every ethnic nationality and religion will produce citizens that will leas Nigeria.

GEJ is a bad market, he is the most annoying politician in Nigeria. 100% self absorption.?
Amaechi is even mild with him, the former Bayelsa governor Sylvia actually used to threaten and insult your president on phone.
Even Dickson we hear is angry at Oga and Madam and Bayelsa PDP is in disarray.

And where is sylvia now In the doldrums of political oblivion, after postrating to Jonathan in the presence of my cousin and begging not to be sent to jail; pls say something more sensible.
Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 20, 2014
honeric01:

Damaged goods yet floored all the younger contestants in APC during the primaries including Okorocha

Damaged goods yet have been consistent with each election with progressive number of votes, his 6 months old party won 12 million votes while a younger Ribadu couldn't even gather 1 million votes.

Bro, don't listen to those who hate the man for tribal and religious reasons, let them tell us why he's not sellable yet comes second all the time after a rigging incumbent govts.

Bro, I don't listen to people - I observe and study things by myself.

The APC primaries were just a facade - they already picked him before that. And the Igbo guy had no chance, based on how the party is. All the noise about his candidacy were from Igbos, who hate the party and have no presence within the structure, however want an Igbo person to be the flag-bearer. Classic Igbo mentality - eating your cake and having it at the same time. grin

Also, the 12 million votes came from a particular region. And based on how ethnocentric Nigerian politics is, just any Northerner going against GEJ next year, would garner the same number of votes. I was alluding to the swing states/areas, in the Middle Belt and South, where the man failed woefully during that last election. Some of his utterances, especially when it comes to religion and violence, are just the best. So, they have so many tools to pick him apart, for smear campaign and character assassination. Then you have got his age...and the fact that he has been part of the system since the 2nd republic.

Anyway, based how woefully GEJ has performed, he has big chance, if APC can keep harping on nostalgia and make that the nucleus of his campaign. Folks love nostalgic feelings. However, if they party had been wise enough to build a young and vibrant Northerner, during the 4-year window they had - making inroads into those swing states/areas would've been much more easier.

That's just my 2p.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 20, 2014
Keneking:

What about Zambo

Sambo was Governor of Kaduna before he became Vice President and has been VP for 4 years now

Does Osibanjo have any executive experience?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by honeric01(m): 12:36pm On Dec 20, 2014
SirShymex:

The APC primaries were just a facade - they already picked him before that. And the Igbo guy had no chance, based on how the party is. All the noise about his candidacy were from Igbos, who hate the party and have no presence within the structure, however want an Igbo person to be the flag-bearer. Classic Igbo mentality - eating your cake and having it at the same time. grin

Also, the 12 million votes came from a particular region. And based on how ethnocentric Nigerian politics is, just any Northerner going against GEJ next year, would garner the same number of votes. I was alluding to the swing states/areas, in the Middle Belt and South, where the man failed woefully during that last election. Some of his utterances, especially when it comes to religion and violence, are just the best. So, they have so many tools to pick him apart, for smear campaign and character assassination. Then you have got his age...and the fact that he has been part of the system since the 2nd republic.

Anyway, based how woefully GEJ has performed, he has big chance, if APC can keep harping on nostalgia and make that the nucleus of his campaign. Folks love nostalgic feelings. However, if they party had been wise enough to build a young and vibrant Northerner, during the 4-year window they had - making inroads into those swing states/areas would've been much more easier.

That's just my 2p.

Have you forgotten he wasn't the only northerner that contested in all the elections yet came second behind the ruling party? in 2007, he won squarely against Yaradua but was rigged out. Yaradua accepted that the election was rigged in his favor.

A damaged good won't come record in all election (Presidential) since 2003 knowing fully well that he's not the only contestant from the north, he should be coming last in all election if hes damaged as you claim.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 20, 2014
honeric01:

Have you forgotten he wasn't the only northerner that contested in all the elections yet Come second behind the ruling party, in 2007, he won't squarely against Yaradua but was rigged out. Yaradua accepted that the election was rigged in his favor.

A damaged good won't come record in all election (Presidential) since 2003 knowing fully well that he's not the only contestant from the north, he should be coming last in all election if hes damaged as you claim.

Bruv, that's just one region, and obviously he appeals to them. And any Northerner going against GEJ will definitely pull the same votes in that region, based on how ethnocentric and religious Nigerian politics is.

However, has he ever won in the Middle Belt and South? That's what I'm alluding to.

Anyway, I hope they play their cards right this time with the campaign. Nostalgia is APC's holy-grail, and they have to ride it, since this is the right clime to do that.
Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by honeric01(m): 12:51pm On Dec 20, 2014
SirShymex:

Bruv, that's just one region, and obviously he appeals to them. And any Northerner going against GEJ will definitely pull the same votes in that region, based on how ethnocentric and religious Nigerian politics is.

However, has he ever won in the Middle Belt and South? That's what I'm alluding to.

Anyway, I hope they play their cards right this time with the campaign. Nostalgia is APC's holy-grail, and they have to ride it, since this is the right clime to do that.

He was rigged out against Yaradua In 2007, not only northerners voted in 2007 na.. Google the voting pattern of 2007, he won votes in the south na.

I just disagree with your "damage" and "not sellable " terms used to describe him. I know thousands of southerners voted for him in the south both in 2003,2007 and 2011, damaged goods won't even become a flag bearer of any party.

Check records na.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by MudRaker: 12:54pm On Dec 20, 2014
Mouth don dey change.

Waiting for when this magga will say that Jonathan is a good man but his cabinet is the problem.
Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by MudRaker: 12:56pm On Dec 20, 2014
honeric01:

He was rigged out against Yaradua In 2007, not only northerners voted in 2007 na.. Google the voting pattern of 2007, he won votes in the south na.

I just disagree with your "damage" and "not sellable " terms used to describe him. I know thousands of southerners voted for him in the south both in 2003,2007 and 2011, damaged goods won't even become a flag bearer of any party.

Check records na.

You can spill any crap you chose to yarn in your desperate attempt to see your Ayotollah general monkey blood become president but don't lie about solid facts.

Even you dunces in Osogbo did not vote for him. You chose another ab0ki.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 20, 2014
honeric01:

Check records na.

Damaged goods in this context doesn't mean infinitely/perpetually damaged - it just means he's damaged among certain electorates, and nothing can change their minds about him.

Anyway, let's use the 2011 voting pattern, since it's basically a battle between the two candidates:

Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by Babacele: 1:25pm On Dec 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
@Calebo101......At a point somebody made a comment questioning this man's sanity.

He was at the forefront of making foolish innuendos about the President and behaved in such a manner that Atiku made it clear during their politicking that he would never use Amaechi as a running mate ,after all nobody wants a disloyal fellow who won't use his head when it comes to talking anyhow.

The manner in which he presented GEJ to his new found party and the public was his ultimate downfall.

Amaechi's life does play out even in our own lives everyday.

I once had a cousin and we were as thick as thieves and just one day we had a serious argument over a football game that led a serious fracas and before I could say 'Jack Robinson' the young man proceeded in revealing in details all the bad things we've done and are still planning to do in the house in the presence of everyone including my parents.His mouth was just running like motor grin and I was so shocked to reveal his roles in all the actions that transpired because either way I'm doomed and revealing his own part might just compound my woes and we still need each other to function properly in that house and now that I have been revealed it would be foolishness on my part to reveal his own part of the whole story which would even increase my chances of facing severe punishment.
To cut a long story short.....Did you know that after the whole Bruohaha my mother called both of us aside and told him point black that he's an iidiot for revealing what we did together and that the point that I didn't disclose his roles was an act of maturity and not cowardice.
The truth is we are now grown,very close but God forbid that I should reveal any sensitive information about myself to him, because I might never know what would happen tomorrow and this guy would sing on my head again. grin And you can never tell if others around the housethat day feel the same way about him.

This is the problem of Amaechi now........Nobody in the political arena in his right senses would ever trust him with anything sensitive as long as Nigeria is concerned.He has gone too far and whoever brings him close does so at his won peril.

He is finished politically. grin
Amaechi is our next petroleum Minister and a potential President in the near future. We trust him 'die' because of his carriage,intelligence, experience, democratic credentials, untribalistic stands n national interest. His present job ,Campaign Director, is more important in ushering the needed the change that will save Nigerians from a clueless disaster we have been enduring for about 6 long years now. Amaechi has never told or intimated anybody he wants to be VP except in your imaginations. Please furnish us with any evidence if you have or go get some education. It is those who pen-steal Rivers oil that we can never trust with any public office again in Nigeria, and may even go the Ibori way post 2015 elections.
Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by southsouthman: 1:31pm On Dec 20, 2014
p3ndy79:
God come and help cure the idiocy of our youths.

If Amaechi is APC's ATM then can someone help me with what to call Tinubu? Or is Rivers state richer than Lagos state that makes it the state funding APC.

Tinubu is already a leader who does not need to spend money to have control. Amaechi is struggling to be recognised as a leader. He needs to spend more to impress Tinubu and other party bigwigs to be recognised as a leader. They are not of the same class. Remember Amaechi wants said he was directed by Tinubu to go and drive el Rufai.
Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by PassingShot(m): 1:40pm On Dec 20, 2014
If Amaechi is the ATM of APC, then who is the ATM for PDP?

That must be Nigeria as a whole, right? And it makes us Nigerians even dumber to accept it and not challenging the fact that the PDP have looted us to stupor.
Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by major466(m): 2:10pm On Dec 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
@Calebo101......At a point somebody made a comment questioning this man's sanity.

He was at the forefront of making foolish innuendos about the President and behaved in such a manner that Atiku made it clear during their politicking that he would never use Amaechi as a running mate ,after all nobody wants a disloyal fellow who won't use his head when it comes to talking anyhow.

The manner in which he presented GEJ to his new found party and the public was his ultimate downfall.

Amaechi's life does play out even in our own lives everyday.

I once had a cousin and we were as thick as thieves and just one day we had a serious argument over a football game that led a serious fracas and before I could say 'Jack Robinson' the young man proceeded in revealing in details all the bad things we've done and are still planning to do in the house in the presence of everyone including my parents.His mouth was just running like motor grin and I was so shocked to reveal his roles in all the actions that transpired because either way I'm doomed and revealing his own part might just compound my woes and we still need each other to function properly in that house and now that I have been revealed it would be foolishness on my part to reveal his own part of the whole story which would even increase my chances of facing severe punishment.
To cut a long story short.....Did you know that after the whole Bruohaha my mother called both of us aside and told him point black that he's an iidiot for revealing what we did together and that the point that I didn't disclose his roles was an act of maturity and not cowardice.
The truth is we are now grown,very close but God forbid that I should reveal any sensitive information about myself to him, because I might never know what would happen tomorrow and this guy would sing on my head again. grin And you can never tell if others around the housethat day feel the same way about him.

This is the problem of Amaechi now........Nobody in the political arena in his right senses would ever trust him with anything sensitive as long as Nigeria is concerned.He has gone too far and whoever brings him close does so at his won peril.

He is finished politically. grin
Serious food for thought.
Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by honeric01(m): 8:01pm On Dec 20, 2014
SirShymex:

Damaged goods in this context doesn't mean infinitely/perpetually damaged - it just means he's damaged among certain electorates, and nothing can change their minds about him.

Anyway, let's use the 2011 voting pattern, since it's basically a battle between the two candidates:

2011 can't be used because that was the era.religious and tribal politics because worrisome, and let's use previous elections before then to judge.
Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by honeric01(m): 8:03pm On Dec 20, 2014
MudRaker:

You can spill any crap you chose to yarn in your desperate attempt to see your Ayotollah general monkey blood become president but don't lie about solid facts.

Even you dunces in Osogbo did not vote for him. You chose another ab0ki.

I don't glorify people like you with long sermon, you are not more christian or southern than I do so keep your tribal /religious childishness to yourself
Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by Ilekokonit: 1:24am On Dec 21, 2014
SirShymex:

That's just my 2p.

The major problem at the root cause of ALL of Nigeria's problem is corruption by politicians of ALL parties. The USP of Buhari is like you say Nostalgia but good Nostalgia and the HOPE that with the mans obvious frugal lifestyle and lack of corruption or sticky fingere.d tendencies, Nigerias wealth may become more equitably distributed amongst the millions who are currently suffering and smiling.

For me, an old, dunce who is non-corrupt is better as Nigeria's President that a young smart thief.

Buhari ruled for just 20 months before being toppled by a Corrupt Babangida who was scared Buhari's probe of corrupt senior Officers was getting too close for comfort.

Buhari was a thorn in the flesh of corrupt politicians that he replaced. For starters their stolen cash became too hot to handle for them 'cos a masterstroke of Buhari's was for him to unexpectedly change the design and colour of naira bills in 1984 thus forcing everyone who had naira in their posession to go to the banks to exchange the old notes for the new ones. Now corruptly enriched ex-politicians dared not take their loot to the bank to exchange as the fear of Buhari then was the beginning of wisdom.

Buhari stands head and shoulders above the rest in terms of his frugality and honesty. Buhari is simply a cut above Jonathan in terms of integrity and all Nigerians know this.

Corruption kills 3.6 million people every year - BBC
https://www.nairaland.com/1976352/corruption-kills-3.6-million-people

Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine
https://www.nairaland.com/1976406/boko-haram-proves-nigerian-govt

There Is No Goodluck In Corruption - Femi Aribisala
https://www.nairaland.com/1976330/there-no-goodluck-corruption-femi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by chinyere162: 1:31am On Dec 21, 2014
Are u Gov. Amaechi?Why were u going for VP post then?
Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by menesheh(m): 1:36am On Dec 21, 2014
If i hear
Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by Nobody: 1:41am On Dec 21, 2014
honeric01:

2011 can't be used because that was the era.religious and tribal politics because worrisome, and let's use previous elections before then to judge.

I just checked the 2007 election - and it was between two people from the North.

Evidently, that isn't a good yardstick to measure his popularity in the South and Middle Belt.
Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by Nobody: 1:51am On Dec 21, 2014
Ilekokonit:

The major problem at the root cause of ALL of Nigeria's problem is corruption by politicians of ALL parties. The USP of Buhari is like you say Nostalgia but good Nostalgia and the HOPE that with the mans obvious frugal lifestyle and lack of corruption or sticky fingere.d tendencies, Nigerias wealth may become more equitably distributed amongst the millions who are currently suffering and smiling.

For me, an old, dunce who is non-corrupt is better as Nigeria's President that a young smart thief.

Buhari ruled for just 20 months before being toppled by a Corrupt Babangida who was scared Buhari's probe of corrupt senior Officers was getting too close for comfort.

Buhari was a thorn in the flesh of corrupt politicians that he replaced. For starters their stolen cash became too hot to handle for them 'cos a masterstroke of Buhari's was for him to unexpectedly change the design and colour of naira bills in 1984 thus forcing everyone who had naira in their posession to go to the banks to exchange the old notes for the new ones. Now corruptly enriched ex-politicians dared not take their loot to the bank to exchange as the fear of Buhari then was the beginning of wisdom.

Buhari stands head and shoulders above the rest in terms of his frugality and honesty. Buhari is simply a cut above Jonathan in terms of integrity and all Nigerians know this.

Corruption kills 3.6 million people every year - BBC
https://www.nairaland.com/1976352/corruption-kills-3.6-million-people

Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine
https://www.nairaland.com/1976406/boko-haram-proves-nigerian-govt

There Is No Goodluck In Corruption - Femi Aribisala
https://www.nairaland.com/1976330/there-no-goodluck-corruption-femi

Sir, I understand your POV.

However, I don't think the structure/team around him is the same, and a democratic government is different from military dictatorship. Also, I believe there are some powerful folks in today's Nigeria that are untouchable, and I doubt that was the case when he cut his teeth as the anti-corruption crusader.

based on my understanding of things: Nigeria today is somewhat similar to Yeltsin's Russia, with Oligarchs running the show, before Putin come on board, to sanitise the polity. And put Russia back on the world map. However, as powerful and strong, as Putin is - he still hasn't been able to get full dominion over country. Due to how powerful the oligarchs are. They still control the money and the Russian central bank. That's where I'm drawing my comparison from.

So, is this man as powerful, decisive and strong, as Putin? I doubt it, and age isn't even on his. Hence I'm not too optimistic about anything. Regardless, he's still 100 times better than GEJ.
Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by Truckpusher(m): 1:52am On Dec 21, 2014
SirShymex:

I just checked the 2007 election - and it was between two people from the North.

Evidently, that isn't a good yardstick to measure his popularity in the South and Middle Belt.
Exactly and prior to the 2011 election this man never campaigned in the entire South.He was probably running along with the old mentality that the North has more population and would vote for him enmasse. grin

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by Ilekokonit: 2:37am On Dec 21, 2014
SirShymex:

based on my understanding of things: Nigeria today is somewhat similar to Yeltsin's Russia, with Oligarchs running the show, before Putin come on board, to sanitise the polity. And put Russia back on the world map. However, as powerful and strong, as Putin is - he still hasn't been able to get full dominion over country. Due to how powerful the oligarchs are. They still control the money and the Russian central bank. That's where I'm drawing my comparison from.

True. And Nigeria is probably more corrupt than Russia is.

So, is this man as powerful, decisive and strong, as Putin? I doubt it, and age isn't even on his. Hence I'm not too optimistic about anything. Regardless, he's still 100 times better than GEJ.

I had my qualms when his party merged with Tinubu's ACN to start with as Tinubu is one "super" corrupt carpet bagger but I was heart gladdened when I read that he vehemently told Tinubu to his face that instead of having Tinubu as his VP, he would rather resign as the party's Presidential candidate, So there is still fire in the old dog and with the guys clean living, he is not dying very soon and even if he tries to sanitise the system in 4 years and then resigns, he would have set the stage and path to Nigeria's re-emergence as not a joke but a country to be reckoned with in the comity of nations. Even Obasanjo as corrupt as he is created the EFCC which scares the s.hit out of corrupt politicians talk less of what a non-corrupt Buhari will do. And if Buhari sets the stage for a non-corrupt nigeria in 4 years and then steps down for a Fashola or even a non-corrupt PDP President after 4 years then his work is done.

Even if Goodluck as clueless as he is renounces corruption unequivocally today, he will get my vote. My problem is not with Goodluck, my grouse is with corrupt politicians of ALL parties. Tinubu included, Buhari excluded.
Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by honeric01(m): 8:49am On Dec 21, 2014
SirShymex:

Meaning, people in the south voted for him massively in 2007 when he contested against someone from his own region unlike the religious and tribal sentiments that took over 2011. remove religious and tribal sentiments from the equation, you'd see he is sellable and not a damaged good.

2015 is evidently going to be different because alot of people are now shunning religious and tribal sentiments that hasn't taken us far in this country unless the yardstick you use in knowing who is sellable or damaged are religion and tribalism.
Re: Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 21, 2014
honeric01:

Meaning, people in the south voted for him massively in 2007 when he contested against someone from his own region unlike the religious and tribal sentiments that took over 2011. remove religious and tribal sentiments from the equation, you'd see he is sellable and not a damaged good.

2015 is evidently going to be different because alot of people are now shunning religious and tribal sentiments that hasn't taken us far in this country unless the yardstick you use in knowing who is sellable or damaged are religion and tribalism.

You can't remove the bread and butter of Nigerian politics a la religious and tribal sentiments, from the equation.

Both are wired into the psyche of the average Nigerian. And that's the sad truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo / Nigeria's Former Speaker Join People's Trust, Endorses Hashim For President / South African President Appoints Okonjo-iweala Head Economic Advisory Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.