Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER (29919 Views)

Obasanjo Will Not Be Missed In PDP, Says Anenih / Pdp Fund Raising Dinner whats your opinion? / Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by NobleG1(m): 3:21am On Dec 21, 2014
Nigerians are chronically dumb and st*upid to allow all these theives to loot the treasury dry with inpunity, while 70% of Nigerians live in abject poverty.

I wish a Nigerian Jerry Rawlings will emerge from the military and execute all these politicians, paving the way for a new start as a reformed nation.

The corruption in Nigeria is endemic.

3 Likes

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by chiddy158: 3:34am On Dec 21, 2014
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) yesterday held a fund raising dinner at the old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.in support of the re election did of President Goodluck Jonathan

The Fund Raising Dinner was chaired by Mr. Tunde Ayeni, who donated N2bn. The Party realized N21.27bn to support its campaign for the 2015 presidential election. The donations came form businessmen, multinational organisations, interest groups and individuals donors.

http://www.thefocusng.com/fund-raising-dinner-pdp-nets-n21-27bn-for-jonathan-re-election-bid/

2 Likes

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by Validated: 3:35am On Dec 21, 2014
I pity Buhari. Fourth time loss may kill the man. Tinubu is very wicked, instead of allowing the old man to go and rest, he pushed him into the cage to meet PDP machines.

For those who are too naive to know, PDP is not gathering money to give to voters to sway them, NO, NO, NOT SO! The money is meant to buy up your corrupt APC agents on February 14, 2014. On that day your agents will betray you again, not INEC and Buhari will cry again. Unfortunately even the most vociferous of APC supporters here will fall for the bait.

2 Likes

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by gbodimowo(m): 3:39am On Dec 21, 2014
Themaingate:
how i wish boko haram can just strike that place now now and leave innocent citizen alone
but they wouldn't as the BH are the ones donating
Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by gbodimowo(m): 3:40am On Dec 21, 2014
azimibraun:
My wife and African Magic.. I missed the programme but it was not on Channels News @ Ten. Are u guys sure of these donations? because it. Will sure drive Ppl wild to know all these are happening in a country where life is so miserable for our Ppl.

There is a video above for you to see it

1 Like

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by philips70(m): 3:41am On Dec 21, 2014
Brimmie:
Anonimi, FireFire, Ngwakwe, Altwireless and other Crackheads will not show up in this kinda thread.

GEJ and his Padi-Padi Thieves are gang-banging Our Nation!! shocked shocked

Lmao at gang-banging. You are indeed very correct. They have been doing this for so long..

1 Like

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by airroseice(m): 3:46am On Dec 21, 2014
Themaingate:
how i wish boko haram can just strike that place now now and leave innocent citizen alone

Boko Haram is now your god abi? They should take lives to save lives? How do you sleep at night?

4 Likes

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by perek4u(m): 3:48am On Dec 21, 2014
I wonder why some people are against president Jonathan in this issue. Jonathan was not the one that owned the money that was donated. I did not see anything that Goodluck Jonathan did wrong. Some of you are using this PDP fund raising as a pretext to blame Jonathan over the high rate of corruption in Nigeria. I want to make it clear to all of you that the history of corruption in Nigeria predates 1960,in which Nigeria gained her independence. There is no way Goodluck Jonathan can stop corruption within the short time he has spent as a president. The issue of corruption will be solved gradually. It is a continuous struggle that will take so many years. It will even take more than 50 years. This is because, corruption has eaten deep into the Nigeria society. Even the advance and older nations of the world such as
USA,Britain,France,Germany,Canada,etc,are still battling with corruption. The issue of the fund raising is not enough to discredit Jonathan. President Jonathan has tried. Even in the midst of disturbances from Boko haram attacks,he is still moving ahead with his transformation agenda. Finally,i believe that with the position of PDP today in the political sector of Nigeria,no political party can defeat PDP in presidential election. The PDP is actually ahead of other political parties in the country with respect to internal democracy,organization and political strategies needed to defeat opposition parties. LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

4 Likes

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by beengils: 3:49am On Dec 21, 2014
OLADD:
[color=#006600][/color]

Is it not better than your man who had to borrow money from the bank to purchase ordinary party nomination form? If GMB becomes the president of Nigeria (God forbid), will our country not become number one debtor nation in the world? Common OP, park well. Success(Jonathan) has many friends while failure (GMB) is an orphan. I can donate my entire monthly earning for Jonathan's reelection. UP GEJ, DOWN GMB.
It's folks like you that has kept us stagnant without any hope of progressing for many years... This time around enough is a enough!
Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by philips70(m): 3:50am On Dec 21, 2014
Billyonaire:
You never see anything. People are making billions daily, you wont believe. My man is paying each staff 10 million monthly. You might think this is a lie but believe me, na today I realize say I dey play for life. People are making billions daily. Na we know the way.

grin grin grin So na fake billyonaire you be? Are they making billions from this comatose economy in a genuine way? Rich country poor people.
Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by beengils: 3:55am On Dec 21, 2014
naijareferee:

hahhaha....you almost make me wanna laff.....
only past leader not corrupt inthis corrupt system....
have u ever worked in the civil service
do you know the level of corruption in the military
do u know how buhari got to a general without passing the war college exams
do you know he is suppose to end as a colonel without those army qualificatios
spare me that crab of holier than thou attitude of buhari
no wonder he is quiet while propandas are peddled in his name
gej is too cool

but a man like buhari is only comparable to judas iscariot who the lord trusted to be his accounts manager...i guess you know waht happened

didnt buhari contest against bab....ok
i guess he was not holy then....cos the western propaganda media wasnt backing him then

gej is not cool but buhari is not an option
the youths have to rise up
Sharrap my friend, if you don't have facts to back up your moronic points...

1 Like

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by bigsheg(m): 4:00am On Dec 21, 2014
OLADD:
[color=#006600][/color]

You call them "People Deceiving People" and all sorts of names but that has not deterred God from allowing them to rule over you for the past 16 years whereas the opposition has been tolling day and night, even going to the extent of killing fellow Nigerians to attain power but have been failing woefully. What can you make of that? God looks at the heart of men but people like you look at the face. Nobody rules a nation without God's consent.
You are a pathetic human.Just listen yo yourself!

1 Like

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by Tomson992000: 4:02am On Dec 21, 2014
Themaingate:

this is very funny o , when the first person came out and announced 1billion , i was thinking he said 1million not until he now announced another 1billion again on behalf of himself and a friend and i shouted Jesus . i was still discussing the issue with someone when another person announced 5 billion on behalf of people in oil and gas section . my people even NEPA dey announce 500million donation o ? now i know where my 750 fix charge is going
my broda this country don finish

1 Like

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by anonimi: 4:16am On Dec 21, 2014
Brimmie:
Anonimi, FireFire, Ngwakwe, Altwireless and other Crackheads will not show up in this kinda thread.

- How many BILLIONS do you think Buhari and the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC have spent so far with the DOLLARisation of their convention
- How many more BILLIONS will they spend for the campaign proper through their Donatus General, DG Amaechi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by bcomputer101: 4:24am On Dec 21, 2014
Buhari/osinbajo is a Nigerian project we all are
stakeholders , we have little money to donate to secure our
future and generations unborn while these few cabals
donating billions remain nameless , same set of people
milking the nation dry will do anything to keep Jonathan in
power so as to retain the status quo ,billions or trillions
come feb 14 we will frustrate you with massive votes to the
APC , power must change hands.

Let them keep buying shares in nigeria. they will not work
this time

2 Likes

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by Nobody: 4:28am On Dec 21, 2014
APC the Haramites are bloody Hypocrites!!! How are elections even in advanced democracies financed?...Are these bunch of paid sycophants expecting the PDP/GEJ to finance the 2015 elections directly from Govt treasury? Why turn blind eyes from the secret stolen billions from Lagos and Rivers state government used to finance the APC and express your bitter disposition towards an open/transparent donations from the private sectors. Show me a country where the private sectors do not finance or sponsor political parties and I will show you a country that is exactly heaven here on earth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by hon4real(m): 4:28am On Dec 21, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by Opiosko: 4:35am On Dec 21, 2014
Walphem:
The last presidential election fund-raising prog I watch, seems during Obasanjo era(can't remember precisely) all I kept hearing was: so so donate an undisclosed amount, next person same etc till a point I asked myself that why am I watching the programme if you won't disclose the amount,though am sure it wasn't in Billion donations.
In this era donations are now spelt out without any fear of anybody even EFCC, this should call for concern though! But wait o...during the fund raising program for the flood victims and boko haram did we raise so much compare to this?
God is watching us all
I think making it open is better, at least we know who donated so so amount. A person/coy that has nothing to hide need not be afrd of disclosing it's donation to any cause they deem fit. Bless u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by Raiders: 4:36am On Dec 21, 2014
Validated:
I pity Buhari. Fourth time loss may kill the man. Tinubu is very wicked, instead of allowing the old man to go and rest, he pushed him into the cage to meet PDP machines.

For those who are too naive to know, PDP is not gathering money to give to voters to sway them, NO, NO, NOT SO! The money is meant to buy up your corrupt APC agents on February 14, 2014. On that day your agents will betray you again, not INEC and Buhari will cry again. Unfortunately even the most vociferous of APC supporters here will fall for the bait.
I don't pity Buhari because even if he loses he will not go poor. I pity Nigerians if they continue to vote the same group of people for the past 15 yrs with nothing to show for it. At the end of day, Nigerians are the real losers not Buhari

3 Likes

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by Nobody: 4:37am On Dec 21, 2014
Validated:

A billion likes!

2 Likes

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by Nobody: 4:46am On Dec 21, 2014
Ozin:
APC the Haramites are bloody Hypocrites!!! How are elections even in advanced democracies financed?...Are these bunch of paid sycophants expecting the PDP/GEJ to finance the 2015 elections directly from Govt treasury? Why turn blind eyes from the secret stolen billions from Lagos and Rivers state government used to finance the APC and express your bitter disposition towards an open/transparent donations from the private sectors. Show me a country where the private sectors do not finance or sponsor political parties and I will show you a country that is exactly heaven here on earth.

Words of wisdom! 1000 likes!

2 Likes

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by arresa: 4:49am On Dec 21, 2014
perek4u:
I wonder why some people are against president Jonathan in this issue. Jonathan was not the one that owned the money that was donated. I did not see anything that Goodluck Jonathan did wrong. Some of you are using this PDP fund raising as a pretext to blame Jonathan over the high rate of corruption in Nigeria. I want to make it clear to all of you that the history of corruption in Nigeria predates 1960,in which Nigeria gained her independence. There is no way Goodluck Jonathan can stop corruption within the short time he has spent as a president. The issue of corruption will be solved gradually. It is a continuous struggle that will take so many years. It will even take more than 50 years. This is because, corruption has eaten deep into the Nigeria society. Even the advance and older nations of the world such as
USA,Britain,France,Germany,Canada,etc,are still battling with corruption. The issue of the fund raising is not enough to discredit Jonathan. President Jonathan has tried. Even in the midst of disturbances from Boko haram attacks,he is still moving ahead with his transformation agenda. Finally,i believe that with the position of PDP today in the political sector of Nigeria,no political party can defeat PDP in presidential election. The PDP is actually ahead of other political parties in the country with respect to internal democracy,organization and political strategies needed to defeat opposition parties. LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

Ok, corruption didn't start during GEJ's presidency, but he was elected to fight corruption and so please tell us what he has done against corruption in Nigeria?

Is saying there is no corruption in Nigeria and corruption is our imagination and perception encouraging or defeating corruption?

Is saying stealing is not corruption encouraging or defeating corruption?

Is pardoning crooks, ex convicts and looters encouraging or defeating corruption?

Is hiring corrupt people under his own EFCC investigation for corruption encouraging or defeating corruption?

What about fuel subsidy?

What about pension fraud

What about Lawan

What about police college fraud

What about Abuja CCTV camera scam

Please tell us specifically what he has done to fight corruption.

This crooked and corrupt president made it clear to corrupt people that he is their and they have nothing to fear. Even former critics under EFCC investigation dodge jail with his blessing...

Political fundraisers are always done behind closed doors and not out in the open on National TV.

GEJ is not only corrupt and incompetent, he's also a very crude, crass and thoughtless man with zero sense of decency and appearance..

2 Likes

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by arresa: 4:54am On Dec 21, 2014
Ozin:

Political fundraisers are always private behind closed doors, not out in the open or on National TV.

Why even make such silly comparisons especially talking about countries with abundance of nearly everything you and your people don't have..?
Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by dallyemmy: 5:02am On Dec 21, 2014
We will collect the money and vote the person we prefer!

1 Like

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by philips70(m): 5:02am On Dec 21, 2014
Brimmie:

Meanwhile see Nigeria's current rating in this thread below. A country where these same people are struggling to donate billions to please the oga at the top obviously to continue the looting.

https://www.nairaland.com/2054671/nigeria-ranked-least-prosperous-nation#29066495
Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by Nobody: 5:07am On Dec 21, 2014
arresa:

Political fundraisers are always private behind closed doors, not out in the open or on National TV.

Why even make such silly comparisons especially talking about countries with abundance of nearly everything you and your people don't have..?

So donating billions in secrecy will make it right?...you do not actually have problem with the billions, but that it should be done in secret,na wa for una!...and which country has the abundance of everything if I may ask? What also would have been your comment if these donations went to Pa Buhari? We know what you paid Haramites would have said, if those invited to donate snob GEJ and donated to the Voodoo economist that plan to stabilize the world crude oil price

1 Like

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by philips70(m): 5:10am On Dec 21, 2014
The most painful and disappointing thing is that many people thought Jonathan would do things differently going by the very humble background picture he painted. The famous I HAD NO SUUUUS...I WAS NOT BORN RISSS, IF ZONATHAN CAN MAKE IT YOU TOO CAN MAKE IT....Fraudddd

Am not one of them though. I knew from the beginning he will blend into the PDP rigging and looting machine. He had zero choice. I have plenty friends who reminds me of how I warned them about this VOTE JONATHAN AND NOT PDP. Now that fraud is very glaring. Come St Valentine's day 2015 these numerous friends know how to make amends.

1 Like

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by chi4ik(m): 5:18am On Dec 21, 2014
Themaingate:
MY PEOPLE , GEJ HAS FINISH THIS COUNTRY I SWEAR

HOW CAN PEOPLE COME OUT TO DONATE 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION , 1 BILLION ?

NA SO BILLION COME TURN TO MILLION QUICK QUICK ? HABA MAKE UNA FEAR GOD O

OR NA MY EAR DEY PAIN ME OR WHAT?

GUYS KINDLY CHECK CHANNELS TV NOW NOW NOW AND GIVE FEED BACK

CORRUPTION HAS JUST BEING LEGALIZED TONIGHT

SOURCE : LIVE ON www.channelstv.com/live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibzDiJr9O5o
guy na poverty dey worry you. is that government money? if PDP didn't do fund raising u still say GEJ & PDP are looting money. what kind of people do we have in Nigeria this days? always seeking for a way to criticize GEJ but shame I is awaiting u all

3 Likes

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by Jimmyo3(m): 5:26am On Dec 21, 2014
Jonathan is quietly and
diligently fixing a Nigeria
that the Yoruba thief
left,and this clueless
buhari fans keep ranting
on social media when
their voices cant even
cross the fore walls of
Abuja talkless of aso rock,
it a pity u cannot use
media propaganda to oust
incumbent
president,those who have
eyes can see what the
president is doing.

2 Likes

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by arresa: 5:28am On Dec 21, 2014
Ozin:

So donating billions in secrecy will make it right?..

That's irrelevant, doing it out in the open sends the wrong message and this is the reason why they do political fundraising behind closed doors.

you do not actually have problem with the billions

Speak for yourself because I don't remember making such remarks.

and which country has the abundance of everything if I may ask?

Do you have stable electricity?

Do you have quality healthcare?

Do you have quality education? Last time I checked, 70% of your WAEC kids failed WAEC.

Do you have good security. Last time I checked, your people are getting blown and kidnapped everyday.

Do you have portable water to drink 24/7

What also would have been your comment if these donations went to Pa Buhari?

The reaction remains the same regardless who's making and receiving.

We know what you paid Haramites would have said, if those invited to donate snob GEJ and donated to the Voodoo economist that plan to stabilize the world crude oil price

Common sense, sane and credible logic should be what you base your reasonings on, not religious bigotry and roadside unintelligent ramblings..

1 Like

Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by miky(m): 5:30am On Dec 21, 2014
if jonathan gave them billions why do you think he is asking for it again? think
Re: PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER by InvertedHammer: 5:31am On Dec 21, 2014
/
I missed this one.

I would have donated N5billion.

After all most of the people that donated for OBJlibrary have not paid up till today.

No be to announce be problem, if government no give u contract, you go refuse pay. Na so e dey happen o! This na mere roll call.

It is just a cover up for all the stolen fund that will be expended for 2015 election. So GEJ can comfortably point to the source of campaign fund without raising eyebrows from the uninitiated.
/

/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out / Fulani People Being Cheated Despite Providing Meat, Milk For Nigeria - Salisu / Obasanjo Wows Akinwumi Adesina With His Dance At His Foundation Launch In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.