Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,943 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School (29371 Views)

Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers / Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG / Jonathan Spent N3.5tn Pension Fund On Recurrent Expenditure – Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 21, 2014
itstpia8:
probably the war could account for the missing years.

Exactly....the war made schooling difficult for a lot of people.....

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 21, 2014
BlackSEER:

He is better than the crying general that didn't see the four walls of
primary school.By the way,is it not apc E-warriors that were shouting
that certificates doesn't matter when it comes to governance?

That's also ridiculous. Even back then, you could not enter officer training in the Nigerian Army without secondary school education....and primary school education.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by homesteady(m): 6:38am On Dec 21, 2014
makzeze:
Mugu, which war are you referring to? Biafran war had not started then.
so when did the war start? 13 BC?

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by ezeigbo194(m): 6:39am On Dec 21, 2014
my brother it is not about how well you started but how well u Finished

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by cole265(m): 6:40am On Dec 21, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Erm.....this post is a bit riddiculous.

I have a mate who repeated a year in primary school. He ended up spending seven years in primary school and graduated at the top of his class. He is now an engineer.

So, even if President Jonathan repeated, or had to take WAEC 20 times....does it mean he is a dullard?Or does it mean that he did not give up on his studies in the face of failure?

I am not a fan of this administration, but this post is completely ridiculous,

If the guy was one exceptional leader like that, nobody would send even if he spent 15yrs in primary school. But its the same Jonathan that isn't even confident enough to address a press conference or maintain eye contact during an interview, and that is married to an illiterate.
I agree with the OP's scrutiny of his academic qualifications. The guy may have a Phd, but he's always struck me as an unintelligent person. We should even go further and search for his PhD thesis and scrutinise. Its possible that Nigeria is being run by a slowpoke that has no business at the helm of our affairs. ...by Duni04- perfect response to your post

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 21, 2014
SeverusSnape:

No, By then there were no private schools.

They were....mainly Mission schools.

But they were also affected by wartime closures too.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by holatin(m): 6:41am On Dec 21, 2014
Bridgetown:

Jonathan is someone's dad that is being abused here too. Lame.
Tell me did d guy abuse his dad before he hurl insult at him for a remark, abusing someone dat didn't abuse you is lame too

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by homesteady(m): 6:42am On Dec 21, 2014
egift -
there are 2 logical explanations-
1) the 8 years includes 2 years of nursery school!
2) the Biafran war affected his education!

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by philips70(m): 6:43am On Dec 21, 2014
SuperMartins:
grin grin if u look into such a guy's history,he has no history..all the buhari supporters av to offer is try to destroy presido's good name cos their master has none..
No matter how they go abt it,Buhari mxt cry again..

Not that I support these mudslinging, actually PDP started this on Buhari for long. They suggested issues based campaign only to relapse into name calling not quite long after. Politics is too dirty and childish in Nigeria, a country called giant of Africa. People are laughing at us.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by SeverusSnape(m): 6:44am On Dec 21, 2014
bushdoc9919:

They were....mainly Mission schools.

But they were also affected by wartime closures too.
Okay, there were...in the cities, Not in the hinterlands where GEJ grew up.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by Carinaflo(f): 6:44am On Dec 21, 2014
It's hard for me to believe that someone that graduated from the university with second class honours (UPPER DIVISION) failed ordinary primary school reapetedly. Many other factors must have delayed his primary education; and for those of you shouting "zoology, zoology", do you actually think that zoology is an easy course to study in the uni?

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 21, 2014
cole265:

If the guy was one exceptional leader like that, nobody would send even if he spent 15yrs in primary school. But its the same Jonathan that isn't even confident enough to address a press conference or maintain eye contact during an interview, and that is married to an illiterate.
I agree with the OP's scrutiny of his academic qualifications. The guy may have a Phd, but he's always struck me as an unintelligent person. We should even go further and search for his PhD thesis and scrutinise. Its possible that Nigeria is being run by a slowpoke that has no business at the helm of our affairs. ...by Duni04- perfect response to your post

It is most likely his PhD is the genuine article....back in those days, PhD's tended to be strictly scrutinized (Me dad was a university lecturer, and got his PhD back then....though from a foreign university. Speaking of those days, he mentioned that standards were higher...and strictly enforced). Standards were a lot higher....plus you had the faculties and access to the latest journals in those days (until the oil price crash of the 80's made it difficult for most universities).

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 21, 2014
Carinaflo:
It's hard for me to believe that someone that graduated from the university with second class honours (UPPER DIVISION) failed ordinary primary school reapetedly. Many other factors must have delayed his primary education; and for those of you shouting "zoology, zoology", do you actually think that zoology is an easy course to study in the uni?

I had a classmate who failed primary school repeatedly. Always at the bottom of the class. I lost contact with him until university....and when we met at university....he was studying engineering, and was a very serious minded student(obvious he had changed....he also had a very strict dad).

Failure at primary school does not mean that you fail in life. Indeed it seems our President learned from his failing primary school.

And I am not a PDP fan, and would be happy if they got drubbed at next year's pols in case you wonder.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by chazon(m): 6:55am On Dec 21, 2014
My father says son: "wn u bcm a celebrity, no one is gonna count ur past failures, wat mattaz mst is dt u finaly made it 2d top

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by Applaner: 6:55am On Dec 21, 2014
BT, he is ur president whether u like it or yes
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by sufido123: 6:55am On Dec 21, 2014
At least GEJ is not threatening to soak the dogs and baboon in Blood of Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by duni04(m): 6:57am On Dec 21, 2014
bushdoc9919:

It is most likely his PhD is the genuine article....back in those days, PhD's tended to be strictly scrutinized (Me dad was a university lecturer, and got his PhD back then....though from a foreign university. Speaking of those days, he mentioned that standards were higher...and strictly enforced). Standards were a lot higher....plus you had the faculties and access to the latest journals in those days (until the oil price crash of the 80's made it difficult for most universities).

1987 to 1995. A very notorious era in the Nigerian educational system. Bsc, Masters and PhD degrees were bought and sold to the highest bidders. I've seen all his CNN interviews and Presidential media chats. There is no evidence that this guy once lectured students as a Doctor! No confidence, flow, depth, intelligence, nothing! Search YouTube for his interview with Amanpour.
As a matter of national emergency, we really need to lay hands on Jonathan's PhD thesis. I'd be shocked if he actually wrote one undecided

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by bobharro: 6:58am On Dec 21, 2014
8year for old school education, don't see anything wrong in that, most Nigeria pass and present politician they don't even have university degree as their fake certificate are all paid for
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:01am On Dec 21, 2014
waleadex:

My comment is brief but insightful. Spending 8yrs for FSLC means he was below average as a student. That said,he still managed to obtain PhD which is no "beans". GEJ is such a blessed politician and divinely destined as no.1 man in Nigeria. I am in no way his supporter but I like to be realistic at all times.
Go check the number of years he spent to get his PhD.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:01am On Dec 21, 2014
Maybe he repeated primary class twice. Who knows?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by Ezira: 7:02am On Dec 21, 2014
egift:

While going through President Jonathan's CV, I found out he spent 8-9 years in Primary School. He definitely failed repeatedly before moving to another class.

Also it is also noticeable that he did not make the minimum credit in WAEC, he had to take GCE to complete the minimum credit requirement to study Zoology University of Port Harcourt.
egift, please when was Nigerian civil war? Why is it difficult for you to come to terms with the reality that GEJ is a PhD holder(or did he also get that one after so many failures?). FYI, GEJ would have been a Professor if he continued teaching. I advise you should get a life and stop smear campaign against the one whom God has chosen.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:04am On Dec 21, 2014
nationwide1:
He can't be interested in 2nd upper hon. If it was 3rd class or pass he would have been interested. For him PhD is beans yet he forgets that Buhari was a total failure according to a close colleague, IBB.
Could you give us the link where IBB said Buhari failed?

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by greatnow: 7:04am On Dec 21, 2014
Since he spent extra years in school and was still able to get to the level of PHD.Let us Nigerians still give him extra years to take Nigeria to greatness....Vote GEJ......GEJ till

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by sufido123: 7:06am On Dec 21, 2014
Since we are talking about education, Imam Buhari has a new book out get your copy now.

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by manot: 7:08am On Dec 21, 2014
wetin concern una even if he spend 20years
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by sufido123: 7:10am On Dec 21, 2014

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by great664(m): 7:12am On Dec 21, 2014
egift:

Truck-Pusher, your insults make you look very tiny in your low self esteem. Jonathan has been failing and is still a failure presiding over a "Stealing-Is-Not-Corruption" of an administration.

I hate to see when the supposed leaders of tomorrow (Youth) keep campaining for Buhari and comparing him with GEJ, for Heaven sake why do we keep recycling leaders instead of choosin young and vibrant ones, Buhari at 72 with just WAEC, a man who destroy democracy and wanted to rule as HOS forever, he is a Grandpa and should be respected but as President of Nigeria, Pls think again or GEJ when spend 8yrs in primary school and Dr degree in Zoology that we have tested and he fails too, (His failure is always setting up committee on all matter) allow the two to face each other come 2015 and pls stop campaining for any of them, its so unfortunate that we as Nigerian has no say and those outdated leaders always manipulate the constitution to suit and enrich themselves only. For those thinking Buhari will deliver Nigeria or stop corruption, pls Emancipate Yourself from such thought (shebe money when him store don finish, he wan harvest and store again). As youths let us stop fighting FOR them and fight them to change the constitution thereby giving the Youths right to contest for those postition. An old uneducated man will always think of his class alone, will WAEC holder allow young Phd and Master's degree holders as surbodinate? Or someone that study or know only about WAR, is that what we need, GEJ has been changing the constitution to suit the youths let's keep using him since we have no better option now. God bless Nigeeria.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by Bruteforce101: 7:13am On Dec 21, 2014
Tanoids are angry and cursing everyone. Lmaooo. They were rejoicing and popping champagne when the same thread was opened about Buhari. Ahahaha. They love insulting people but will cry when you retaliate. Welldone @OP. God bless you.

@Dustbin Pusher, why are you crying? Cool down bros cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:17am On Dec 21, 2014
itstpia8:
probably the war could account for the missing years.
I doubt the war was responsible. He spent four years (1961-1965) in the first primary school. If the number of years to be spent was six years (like we have it today), he was supposed to spend two years in second primary school, to graduate in 1967, the year the war started. He ended up spending three years (1966-1969). In 1967 when the war started, it was fought more at the norther fringes of the South Eastern State, faraway from Rivers State, where Otuoke was. What was he doing between 1965 and 1966?

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by kingthreat(m): 7:18am On Dec 21, 2014
ofiafuluego:

How many yrs did your father spend as a bicycle repairer apprentice 10yrs I guess

How many years did your mum spend as a prostitute in Onitsha before you were born out of wedlock to a Gala hawker, who doesn't know you are alive till now?

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by kingthreat(m): 7:20am On Dec 21, 2014
sufido123:
At least GEJ is not threatening to soak the dogs and baboon in Blood of Nigerians

If you don't know what proverbs are, I am sorry your education was a complete waste. It might have been better given to less priivileged who might make better use of it.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Spent 8 Years In Primary School by inisco: 7:20am On Dec 21, 2014
egift:

My beloved Fire just shut up. You were one of those questioning Buhari's qualifications. Now that the truth is out, we now know that Jonathan spent 8-9 years in Primary school alone and was also unable to get 4-5 credits in his WAEC.

Jonathan's entire academic adventures is Zoo! Zoo!! Zoo!!! grin grin grin grin
and that zoo man is ruling u nd will continue ruling u till 2019,guy i dnt need a once millitary head of state to rule me,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop / APC Celebrates Matthew Dike's Victory In Tai, Rivers (pics) / Rochas Okorocha Demolishes Dan Anyiam Plaza In Owerri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.