Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message (27196 Views)

Don’t Arrest Jonathan – Northern CAN Warns Buhari / How Jonathan,Governors,Service Chiefs Prevailed On Tompolo To Shelve Meeting / Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by Ngwakwe: 9:01am On Dec 21, 2014
omenka:
You come here and use all manner of vile words against the person of Buhari and get away with it. You are a mod yet you wouldn't excise moderation in your utterances. You clamp down ruthlessly at anyone who dares to take you on with your powers as a mod. I have admonished Seun several times to lift your powers as a mod so one can respond to your jibes in an appropriate manner. Better yet, you can create a thread and call me out so we can slug it out as men. No bans whatsoever.

Whatever it is, say all you want at the moment. Enjoy your immunity as a moderator while it lasts.

What has moderation got to do with my opinion?

Forget about gossips, I don't attach sentiment to moderation. You are free to express your opinion within the limit of Nairaland rules.

Just understand that I have come a long way to be a coward and I can't be a second to whoever.

You have the effrontery to protest and get personal over my comment that has no bearing on you when your signature says it all. What a hypocrisy.

Please for goodness sake, maintain your lane until I infringe on your right which I promise won't ever happen.

4 Likes

Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by StOla: 9:04am On Dec 21, 2014
Scatterboss:
Ameachi and Rochas are traitors for supporting APC and Buhari. Sanusi Lamido is a hero for supporting GEJ. Rochas is a bad man for decamping to APC, but Peter Obi is a hero for decamping to PDP. Buhari is a bigot for being a Muslim, but GEJ is a saint for being a Christian and making political statement in Church.

APC are Amala people, Awolowo party, supporter of APC e.t.c but you still want the Yorubas to vote for you. All Northerners are cow, Boko haram, illiterate but you still want those boko haram to vote for you. ACN (a so called Yoruba party) are slaves for forming alliance with CPC ( So called Aboki Party), but APGA are heroes and boss for endorsing GEJ and forming alliance with him. We are not fools, we know the true bigot, tribalist, and hypocrites in Nigeria.

QED!

4 Likes

Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by MoIbrahim: 9:04am On Dec 21, 2014
THE WHOLE STORY DOES NOT HAVE A SINGLE NAMED SOURCE. SO IT MUST BE FICTION, PURE LIE.

Emir Muhammadu Sanusi II and Vanguard’s Internet-Age Junk Journalism By Farooq A. Kperogi, Ph.D. Vanguard is Nigeria’s most visited news website and the 17th top Nigerian website in all categories, according to Alexa, the Amazon-owned American company that monitors global web traffic. It also has the most Facebook “likes” of any Nigerian newspaper and is outrivaled only slightly by the Punch as the newspaper with the most Twitter followers in Nigeria. But it is also perhaps the most irresponsible and undiscerning user of unverified social media tittle-tattle in its news stories. That, for me, is a troubling mix. You would think an Internet- and social media-savvy newspaper like Vanguard would also have the common sense to know that not everything posted on the web is worth publishing without further verification and fact-checking. The paper’s editorial philosophy seems to be that whatever is on the web, especially on social media, is inerrant and deserves to be in the news. These days, the paper’s reporters just scout Facebook and Twitter and scoop any trending gossip from cyberia. The latest malicious social media gossip that Vanguard gave editorial endorsement to is a tweet from an obviously fake Twitter handle that impersonates Emir of Kano Muhammad Sanusi II. On December 13, a Twitter handle that goes by @Malsanusilamido tweeted that Boko Haram would soon be defeated. The tweet reads: “I say help is on the way. Terror must and will be defeated.” The following day, Vanguard had this headline: “Muhammad Sanusi II says help is on the way, Boko Haram will be defeated.” But Vanguard didn’t only publicize the tweet of a transparently fake Twitter handle; it also editorialized the tweet and implied that the emir was hinting at a Buhari presidency as the panacea to Boko Haram. “Sanusi, Nigeria’s second most powerful Islamic leader, was presumably referring to the emergence of former military ruler Muhammadu Buhari as the candidate of the opposition All Progressives Congress in next year’s presidential election,” the story, which has no byline, said. So many things are wrong with this story. First, the emir of Kano isn’t “Nigeria’s second most powerful Islamic leader.” That distinction belongs to the Shehu of Borno. In Sokoto caliphal hierarchy, the second most powerful monarch after the Sultan of Sokoto is the Emir of Gwandu. No Nigerian journalist can defend ignorance of these basic historical facts. But that’s beside the point. What’s even more indefensible, I think, is that Vanguard’s reporters and editors don’t know that the emir of Kano has officially disclaimed ownership of any social media account since August this year. Premium Times, Nigeria’s fastest-growing home-based online newspaper, in an August 14, 2014 news story titled “Emir Sanusi disowns facebook, twitter accounts,” quoted a Kano Emirate Council official to have said, among other things, that “a twitter handle in the name of the emir was frequently used to publish libellous statements in Mr. Sanusi’s name.” Yet Vanguard wrote a news story based on a tweet from this fake Twitter handle. Even if the paper’s editors missed the Premium Times story that says the emir has no social media accounts, which is inexcusable, why wouldn’t the editors ask their correspondents in Kano to confirm with the emirate council if indeed the emir issued a statement on Boko Haram on Twitter? That’s a journalistic no-brainer. In any case, it has been known in informed circles in Nigeria for long that several fake social media accounts have been opened in the emir’s name right from the time he was governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria. I exposed one such account in my March 30, 2013 column titled “CBN Governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi’s Fake Facebook Account.” Thanks to my exposure, the account, which was particularly brazen, has been deleted now, but several new ones have sprung up and are being used to fleece many gullible and credulous Nigerians. It is apparent that @Malsanusilamido is maintained by the same gang of 419 Internet fraudsters who have mutated from sending unsolicited scam emails to Internet users to cloning the social media accounts of famous people to swindle unsuspecting “mugus.” A quick survey of the handle’s tweets will reveal this to any discerning person. In fact, in replies to @Malsanusilamido’s tweets, several people have imposed on themselves the task of exposing the Twitter handle as an impersonation. Yet, people who earn a living from skepticism, from fact-checking, verifying, and reporting the news, couldn’t, maybe still can’t, tell that @Malsanusilamido is fake. But, as I pointed out earlier, this isn’t altogether surprising. Vanguard, in spite of, perhaps because of, its impressive online presence, is going down the toilet. Its news agenda is now set by social media chatter, not by the reportorial work of its reporters and writers. Remember the paper’s infamously false May 10, 2014 cover story titled, “Chibok: American Marines locate abducted girls in Sambisa forest,” which was also lifted from Nigerian social media gossip forums? (Read my May 31, 2014 column titled “Journalism is Dying a Slow Death in Nigeria” for details of this and other embarrassing social-media-induced fabrications by Vanguard and other papers). Vanguard is in the vanguard of destroying what remains of the credibility of Nigerian journalism. This is disconcerting. If newspapers degenerate to mindless chroniclers of idle gossip on social media why would anybody pay money to read them? Newspapers the world over are grappling with disruptions to their business that have been brought about by the advent of the Internet, but passing off lazy social media chatter as news is one avoidable, self-imposed handicap the Nigerian news media will do well to stop. Postscript After writing this column, I discovered that the story about Emir Muhammadu Sanusi II’s tweet on Boko Haram isn’t original to Vanguard. It was originally written by AFP, the French news agency, and distributed to its subscribers. But this fact doesn’t change the substance of my observation about Vanguard because it’s the only major Nigerian newspaper that republished the story—as far as my research shows.

http://www.farooqkperogi.com/2014/12/emir-muhammadu-sanusi-ii-and-vanguards.html

Copy and WIN : http:///copy_win

Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by PStacks(m): 9:04am On Dec 21, 2014
Don't Get me wrong ooo!

I'm true blood Buhari fan, but if I was Goodluck Jonathan, I would Remove Jega from INEC and bring back Maurice Iwu, because Jega would be More than Glad to Declare Buhari, I don't want it to be a Northerner to declare Buhari winner so they don't say INEC compromised, I want it to be an Easterner.

Nigeria is a country divided along many lines and we have been united in all of our diversification.

I wonder whoever pegged that Phrase that "Our Unity is From our Diversity"

Where on earth do you get unity from Diversity.

Like I was saying, Nigeria is a country that is divided along many lines, Religion, Ethnicity, Tribes, culture, Tradition and Region..

Now the Regional Card is playing out, This card must be played out in Full, No single Northerner Must be allowed to vote GEJ, its an Abomination, its a Taboo.

Its such a pity GEJ is a Victim of his own circumstances. I pity for the man.

3 Likes

Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by stevnwigw1: 9:06am On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:
Not new. I pity workers especially corps members who will work as election officers in any booth where Jonathan wins. We know what happened last time.
Those dead corps members haven't been forgotten yet .
plans are underway remember the COAS is from the south.
Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by vivalavida(m): 9:06am On Dec 21, 2014
huptin:

just like they did in 2011 by voting Goodluck? You are very mischievous.

Gambari slave,dont quote me

1 Like

Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by dvee2: 9:11am On Dec 21, 2014
justi4jesu:

I pity those corps members seriously.

This time INEC says its not using corpers, instead it will use AIRFORCE personnel, Navy personnel,custom personnel,prison guards and others.
Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by CSTR: 9:11am On Dec 21, 2014
Scatterboss:
Ameachi and Rochas are traitors for supporting APC and Buhari. Sanusi Lamido is a hero for supporting GEJ. Rochas is a bad man for decamping to APC, but Peter Obi is a hero for decamping to PDP. Buhari is a bigot for being a Muslim, but GEJ is a saint for being a Christian and making political statement in Church.

APC are Amala people, Awolowo party, supporter of APC e.t.c but you still want the Yorubas to vote for you. All Northerners are cow, Boko haram, illiterate but you still want those boko haram to vote for you. ACN (a so called Yoruba party) are slaves for forming alliance with CPC ( So called Aboki Party), but APGA are heroes and boss for endorsing GEJ and forming alliance with him. We are not fools, we know the true bigot, tribalist, and hypocrites in Nigeria.
Unfortunately for you, the SS feeds the nation and has earned certain priviledges.
What has the north given to Nigeria except 30 years of woeful leadership to warrant their arrogance?
Like it or not, a buhari presidency would be frustrated to utter failure.

2 Likes

Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by HugeMac: 9:14am On Dec 21, 2014
AMINDA:
Everything said in this report are comments from the President's aide and members of the PDP. This is another attempt by PDP and Vanguard to cause hatred in order to ensure maximum support in their only stronghold. It will backfire again as it always has.
Never in my life have I seen such naïve individual , even in the face of glaring truth , you still want to blame PdP, even if u can't learn from History , You should know that 95% of people who will vote buhari and GEJ wil do it out tribal and religious sentiments ,
Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by MoIbrahim: 9:16am On Dec 21, 2014
VANGUARD IS NOW FAKE!

Vanguard is Nigeria’s most visited news website and the 17th top Nigerian website in all categories, according to Alexa, the Amazon-owned American company that monitors global web traffic. It also has the most Facebook “likes” of any Nigerian newspaper and is outrivaled only slightly by the Punch as the newspaper with the most Twitter followers in Nigeria. But it is also perhaps the most irresponsible and undiscerning user of unverified social media tittle-tattle in its news stories. That, for me, is a troubling mix.

You would think an Internet- and social media-savvy newspaper like Vanguard would also have the common sense to know that not everything posted on the web is worth publishing without further verification and fact-checking. The paper’s editorial philosophy seems to be that whatever is on the web, especially on social media, is inerrant and deserves to be in the news. These days, the paper’s reporters just scout Facebook and Twitter and scoop any trending gossip from cyberia.

The latest malicious social media gossip that Vanguard gave editorial endorsement to is a tweet from an obviously fake Twitter handle that impersonates Emir of Kano Muhammad Sanusi II. On December 13, a Twitter handle that goes by @Malsanusilamido tweeted that Boko Haram would soon be defeated. The tweet reads: “I say help is on the way. Terror must and will be defeated.” The following day, Vanguard had this headline: “Muhammad Sanusi II says help is on the way, Boko Haram will be defeated.” But Vanguard didn’t only publicize the tweet of a transparently fake Twitter handle; it also editorialized the tweet and implied that the emir was hinting at a Buhari presidency as the panacea to Boko Haram. “Sanusi, Nigeria’s second most powerful Islamic leader, was presumably referring to the emergence of former military ruler Muhammadu Buhari as the candidate of the opposition All Progressives Congress in next year’s presidential election,” the story, which has no byline, said.

So many things are wrong with this story. First, the emir of Kano isn’t “Nigeria’s second most powerful Islamic leader.” That distinction belongs to the Shehu of Borno. In Sokoto caliphal hierarchy, the second most powerful monarch after the Sultan of Sokoto is the Emir of Gwandu. No Nigerian journalist can defend ignorance of these basic historical facts. But that’s beside the point.

What’s even more indefensible, I think, is that Vanguard’s reporters and editors don’t know that the emir of Kano has officially disclaimed ownership of any social media account since August this year. Premium Times, Nigeria’s fastest-growing home-based online newspaper, in an August 14, 2014 news story titled “Emir Sanusi disowns facebook, twitter accounts,” quoted a Kano Emirate Council official to have said, among other things, that “a twitter handle in the name of the emir was frequently used to publish libellous statements in Mr. Sanusi’s name.” Yet Vanguard wrote a news story based on a tweet from this fake Twitter handle. Even if the paper’s editors missed the Premium Times story that says the emir has no social media accounts, which is inexcusable, why wouldn’t the editors ask their correspondents in Kano to confirm with the emirate council if indeed the emir issued a statement on Boko Haram on Twitter? That’s a journalistic no-brainer.

In any case, it has been known in informed circles in Nigeria for long that several fake social media accounts have been opened in the emir’s name right from the time he was governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria. I exposed one such account in my March 30, 2013 column titled “CBN Governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi’s Fake Facebook Account.” Thanks to my exposure, the account, which was particularly brazen, has been deleted now, but several new ones have sprung up and are being used to fleece many gullible and credulous Nigerians.

It is apparent that @Malsanusilamido is maintained by the same gang of 419 Internet fraudsters who have mutated from sending unsolicited scam emails to Internet users to cloning the social media accounts of famous people to swindle unsuspecting “mugus.” A quick survey of the handle’s tweets will reveal this to any discerning person. In fact, in replies to @Malsanusilamido’s tweets, several people have imposed on themselves the task of exposing the Twitter handle as an impersonation. Yet, people who earn a living from skepticism, from fact-checking, verifying, and reporting the news, couldn’t, maybe still can’t, tell that @Malsanusilamido is fake.

But, as I pointed out earlier, this isn’t altogether surprising. Vanguard, in spite of, perhaps because of, its impressive online presence, is going down the toilet. Its news agenda is now set by social media chatter, not by the reportorial work of its reporters and writers. Remember the paper’s infamously false May 10, 2014 cover story titled, “Chibok: American Marines locate abducted girls in Sambisa forest,” which was also lifted from Nigerian social media gossip forums? (Read my May 31, 2014 column titled “Journalism is Dying a Slow Death in Nigeria” for details of this and other embarrassing social-media-induced fabrications by Vanguard and other papers). Vanguard is in the vanguard of destroying what remains of the credibility of Nigerian journalism. This is disconcerting. If newspapers degenerate to mindless chroniclers of idle gossip on social media why would anybody pay money to read them? Newspapers the world over are grappling with disruptions to their business that have been brought about by the advent of the Internet, but passing off lazy social media chatter as news is one avoidable, self-imposed handicap the Nigerian news media will do well to stop.

Postscript After writing this column, I discovered that the story about Emir Muhammadu Sanusi II’s tweet on Boko Haram isn’t original to Vanguard. It was originally written by AFP, the French news agency, and distributed to its subscribers. But this fact doesn’t change the substance of my observation about Vanguard because it’s the only major Nigerian newspaper that republished the story—as far as my research shows.
Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by Greatomotoy: 9:16am On Dec 21, 2014
BlackSEER:

you are unapologically stupid to utter such nonsense when there is no Indigenous Muslims in the East.South East is 100% Christians and traditionists
i will let this pass.

1 Like

Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by MoIbrahim: 9:16am On Dec 21, 2014
VANGUARD IS NOW FAKE!
READ THE ABOVE STORY.
Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by jaymichael(m): 9:17am On Dec 21, 2014
dcaliph:
If South South and South East are supporting their own fanatically, what stops the North from doing same?
Why are Amechi and Rochas refered to as traitors? GEJ should know that you can‘t have your cake and eat it. He started this religious and tribal politics and he must play it to the end.

When he was calling APC and amala and ewedu party, he did‘t know that statement delivered the South West to APC.

When he was calling APC a muslim party and made CAN an organ of PDP and allowing this aide to call him “JESUS“, he didn‘t know that delivered the muslims to APC.

When he is telling the south not to vote a noutherner and allowing Asari to insult the North, he did‘nt know that he was telling the northerners that “IF YOU DON‘T VOTE FOR YOUR OWN, WHO WILL?“.

Now only the south and the east are supporting him, he is crying Tribalism and religion. HE MUST PLAY THE TRIBAL AND RELIGIOUS CARD TO THE END.

THOSE WHO ARE WITH HIM MORE THAN THAN THOSE WHO ARE AGAINST HIM.

THEN WHY HE CON DEY FEAR??
And also not forgetting burning of APC flags

2 Likes

Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by keyremotes(m): 9:21am On Dec 21, 2014
Abiola and Abacha had to go for this great Nation to stand.
GEJ and/or GMB are not greater than Nigeria.
If it means both of them going, the owner of life will call them both back home.

FOR A FEW DAYS NOW I HAVE WATCHED THE WAR IN SYRIA ON YOUTUBE AND I CAN TELL YOU WAR IS NOT A GOOD THING O!.
EACH TIME A DRIVE OUT I TRY TO IMAGINE WHERE ALL THE BEAUTIFUL EXPENSIVE CARS ON OUR ROADS WILL GO TO AND WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ALL THE MANSIONS.

THESE POLITICIANS HAVE ALL SENT THEIR FAMILIES ABROAD AND HAVE VISA'S TO TRAVEL AT THE SHORTEST NOTICE. AND HAVE STOLLEN AND TRANSFERRED MORE THAN ENOUGH MONEY ABROAD TO SURVIVE.

THEY ALL HAVE HOMES IN DUBAI, SA, UK, US, GHANA, CANADA AND SO ON.

HOW MANY NIGERIANS HAVE ACCESS TO ALL THESE "ESCAPE ROUTES" EXCEPT THOSE THAT ARE ALREADY OUT?

WE HAVE TO BE CAREFUL.

A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.

2 Likes

Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by bettercreature(m): 9:22am On Dec 21, 2014
My Igbo brothers should stop bluffing,nothing will happen if Jonathan lost the election,Nigeria will not break! You will weep and stop after a week and if Jonathan refuse to comply, he Will end up like gbagbo

2 Likes

Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by StOla: 9:24am On Dec 21, 2014
BlackSEER:

bigotry was introduced into Nigeria politics by westerners.Or do i need to lecture you on how it all started,kid.

I guess your lecture has to do with lamentations on how a westerner emerged as the western premier, instead of a covetous easterner wanting to lead a region he does not belong to in an era of regionalism?

1 Like

Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by Scatterboss(m): 9:29am On Dec 21, 2014
CSTR:
Unfortunately for you, the SS feeds the nation and has earned certain priviledges.
What has the north given to Nigeria except 30 years of woeful leadership to warrant their arrogance?

Enough of this feeding of the nation story......Do we get paid from the proceeds of the Oil? We pay taxes, pay for electricity, pay for almost everything and you talking about feeding us. Its only lazy folks that think that way, tell me what you have benefited from this oil. Bayelsa is not Eldorado, Ondo state is not heaven, Delta is not Dubai cos of Oil, so what are you talking about?

3 Likes

Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by StOla: 9:30am On Dec 21, 2014
CSTR:

privileges existing in your imagination?

What is the SS giving to the nation at the moment in terms of leadership?

Frustrate a Buhari Presidency to failure? I laugh, you must think yourself a Rambo.
You and your cohorts just like to e-blab.

1 Like

Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by CSTR: 9:32am On Dec 21, 2014
HugeMac:
Never in my life have I seen such naïve individual , even in the face of glaring truth , you still want to blame PdP, even if u can't learn from History , You should know that 95% of people who will vote buhari and GEJ wil do it out tribal and religious sentiments ,
That is right.
All these 'change' mantra is just a smokescreen.
I remember when there were rumours that the APC VP seat would be zoned to the SS, many SW indigenes both offline and online kicked against it because they felt it would not appeal to their tribal sentiments and garner enough votes.
Anyway, let buhari get to aso-rock first.
By the time the SS is through with buhari, his govt and this country, the north will practically be begging for separation.

1 Like

Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by CSTR: 9:34am On Dec 21, 2014
StOla:

privileges existing in your imagination?

What is the SS giving to the nation at the moment in terms of leadership?

Frustrate a Buhari Presidency to failure? I laugh, you must think yourself a Rambo.
You and your cohorts just like to e-blab.
We will see.
Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by AMINDA: 9:39am On Dec 21, 2014
HugeMac:
You are obviously not smart. I made my comment based on the supposed article. Is the North comprised of a single tribe or religion? Read the original article again and tell me where or how the "North" has moved against Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by WOCKHARDI(m): 9:41am On Dec 21, 2014
Nigeria cannot continue with this type of animosity and then hope to achieve greatness. Will power returning to the North affect crude oil price, the value of the Naira, pacify Boko Haram, create jobs, and resolve all the other problems facing Nigeria? Their leadership of this country is the major reason we are in this sorry state. I doubt if they have a genuine plan for developing the country short of "It is our turn to RULE and control the treasury as we have been doing since Britain handed over Nigeria to us Northerners"
Or is the unity of Nigeria not by force and because some people benefit more therefrom?
Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by Elan83(m): 9:41am On Dec 21, 2014
dcaliph:
If South South and South East are supporting their own fanatically, what stops the North from doing same?
Why are Amechi and Rochas refered to as traitors? GEJ should know that you can‘t have your cake and eat it. He started this religious and tribal politics and he must play it to the end.

When he was calling APC and amala and ewedu party, he did‘t know that statement delivered the South West to APC.

When he was calling APC a muslim party and made CAN an organ of PDP and allowing this aide to call him “JESUS“, he didn‘t know that delivered the muslims to APC.

When he is telling the south not to vote a noutherner and allowing Asari to insult the North, he did‘nt know that he was telling the northerners that “IF YOU DON‘T VOTE FOR YOUR OWN, WHO WILL?“.

Now only the south and the east are supporting him, he is crying Tribalism and religion. HE MUST PLAY THE TRIBAL AND RELIGIOUS CARD TO THE END.

THOSE WHO ARE WITH HIM MORE THAN THAN THOSE WHO ARE AGAINST HIM.

THEN WHY HE CON DEY FEAR??
u dnt've a head, do u? Geraway wt ur myopic reasonin! Ce! If d north lyk mek dey hang demslves, power'll not leave d south til 2027,we shal resist dem frm d poll 2d battle ground! We're superior 2 dem incase dey dnt kno! Fvvcck d headless,slowpokes called northerners!
Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by BlackSEER(m): 9:43am On Dec 21, 2014
[quote
author=StOla post=29070900]

I guess your lecture has to do with lamentations on how a westerner
emerged as the western premier, instead of a covetous easterner wanting
to lead a region he does not belong to in an era of regionalism?
[/quote]

you are ignorant
Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by Elan83(m): 9:44am On Dec 21, 2014
OtunbaJega:

I cant pay a bigot to work me... lailai
2 work u? Ar u a tokumbo car!
Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by fr3do(m): 9:44am On Dec 21, 2014
omenka:
You come here and use all manner of vile words against the person of Buhari and get away with it. You are a mod yet you wouldn't excise moderation in your utterances. You clamp down ruthlessly at anyone who dares to take you on with your powers as a mod. I have admonished Seun several times to lift your powers as a mod so one can respond to your jibes in an appropriate manner. Better yet, you can create a thread and call me out so we can slug it out as men. No bans whatsoever.

Whatever it is, say all you want at the moment. Enjoy your immunity as a moderator while it lasts.

leave him alone and stop callling seun!
He hasn't banned any buhari supporter unjustly.
He is a mod but he also has his personal opinion.
Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by Elan83(m): 9:46am On Dec 21, 2014
iiiyyyk:
Shame to nigeria and nigerians

God punish u 2geda wt ur ancestors! Ozu!
Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by PerfectFortune: 9:59am On Dec 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:
Power hawkers masquerading as intellectuals trying to impose Issueless. Purpose-less, Unintelligible coup plotter and despot on enlightened Nigerians for ethno-religious reasons using the cover of socio-political activism.

Hypocrites

You are one big bigot. I wonder how you got to be a mod on this forum.

SS/SE started this whole nonsense (threatening Ameachi and Rochas for pitching tent with the APC) and am yet to see a post from you comdemning it and now that it has been retaliated by the Northerners, you have this sudden urge to speak. Mmnnnn...

2 Likes

Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by Elan83(m): 10:02am On Dec 21, 2014
nagoma:
THE All Progressives Congress (APC) has strongly condemned the acts of intolerance by Gombe State Governor Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo, who has been working hard to obliterate the APC presence and also victimize the party's members in the state.

In a statement issued in Lagos on Saturday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said the Governor's actions when he visited Kashere, the hometown of his predecessor, Senator Danjuma Goje, on Thursday were despicable and barbaric, and should be condemned by all right thinking people.

''During his visit, Gov. Dankwambo personally ordered the removal of all APC billboards and posters in the town, ordered the police and the army to break into Senator Goje's family house, where they broke down doors, teargassed and arrested his relations, including children.

''The Governor also ordered the same security forces to break into the family house of Senator Goje's wife, where they similarly destroyed doors and teargassed the occupants, including the 90-year-old father of Senator Goje's wife and the Senator's wife's 70-year-old stepmother, while all her sisters and brothers were arrested.

''All those arrested, numbering over 50, are now being detained at the police headquarters in the state capital, Gombe, while the Governor has also ordered the arrest of anyone who tries to secure bail for those in detention. In Gombe town, the Governor has gone further to order the police to remove all APC billboards and posters in the town. In other words, as far as the Governor is concerned, it is a criminal offence for anyone to belong to the APC in his state.

''This is intolerance of the highest order and negates the tenets of democracy. It is important for the Governor's party, the PDP, which has been professing political tolerance, to call the emerging little dictator to order before he destroys the state in a fit of primaeval rage,'' it said.

The APC described as a cruel irony the fact that the PDP, which has been busy criticizing the APC for fielding an 'old' man as a presidential candidate, is home to a man who was born in post-independent Nigeria but has chosen to behave like a 19th century emperor.
wot're u insinuatin?
Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by omenka(m): 10:04am On Dec 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

What has moderation got to do with my opinion?

Forget about gossips, I don't attach sentiment to moderation. You are free to express your opinion within the limit of Nairaland rules.

Just understand that I have come a long way to be a coward and I can't be a second to whoever.

You have the effrontery to protest and get personal over my comment that has no bearing on you when your signature says it all. What a hypocrisy.

Please for goodness sake, maintain your lane until I infringe on your right which I promise won't ever happen.
I don't think you know the meaning of that word. Who are you that one shouldn't protest over your comment?? My signature is my signature, deal with it. My problem isn't even about your opinion, it is about you deploying your powers as a mod to clamp down on people that refuse to accept your narrow narrative about events as they concern Nigeria. Trust me, if you think you have "come a long way" you are doing yourself great injustice. You are on a 3million miles journey and have yet to cover a mile.

Like I said, I challenge you to a any debate your choice. Drop your powers as a mod and let's see "how far you've really come in life".

1 Like

Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by Elan83(m): 10:09am On Dec 21, 2014
xcolanto:
Bunch of ingrates these notherners! Today we hear of 'big names' in the north, not because of the value they have added to nigeria or their people but because of the amount of wealth they have gathered for themselves from southern oil. Now this rich and extravagant lifestyles can no longer be sustained because GEJ is making nigeria a neutral state in which no one people would have monopoly over the resources, goverment agencies and positions nation wide.
These broke notherners think they have an opinion! Goverment has changed hands, it's no longer jamboree as it used to be for these tribalistic notherners so they call for GEJ's head. I dislike minority oppression or oppression in any kind, hence why I chant the most used political phrase "GEJ till 2019"! It's more like GEJ till notherners get sense now.
D northerners 're usin d wealth of d southerners 2 sponsor internationl terrorism! Ask urslf wot've dey used all dis oil money 2 achiev in dis con3, d whol wlth iz channelled 2 terrorism sponsorshp!

4 Likes

Re: North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message by BotherMleeper(m): 10:10am On Dec 21, 2014
noblezone:
Supremacy fights!
Thats what you get in a slave camp!

Luggard and his gang of criminals must be laughng us to scorn!

Meanwhile, i will wait for groups in the south to threaten southern governors supporting Buhari!

The "progressives" will turn blind to this news thread, but if I start a thread to threaten Southern Governors, they will come with lectures, insults and tantrums!

And I am saying. That what is good for the north is equally good for south.

If have people saying power musr shift to the north. Then we should equally have people insisting power must remain in the south.

Wen I insist nigeria must split to stop the circle of blood, i am called names.

No problem anyway, feb 15th is just 7weeks away. And it wont really matter who wins! Head or tail, Nigeria is jinxed.

The balkanization of any country involves a great deal of bloodshedding. You think its possible to peacefully and quietly split? Isnt Ukraine a recent example?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Senators Squabble Over Call For Saraki’s Resignation / Mohammed K Mohammed Is Dead And Buried In Katsina (pictured) / Orji Kalu’s Orderly Shoots Man During Campaign Rally Arochukwu, Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.