Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

I'm Not Funding APC - Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Not Funding APC - Amaechi (385 Views)

President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment / I Am Not Funding APC, Says Amaechi / I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'm Not Funding APC - Amaechi by uniknet: 5:28pm On Dec 22, 2014
THE Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has dismissed claims by the Peoples Democratic Party that he was funding the All Progressives Congress with the state’s resources.

But Amaechi, who spoke at the launch of the campaign of the State APC governorship candidate, Dr. Dakuku Peterside, at the Liberation Stadium in Port Harcourt, insisted that he was not funding the APC.

He challenged those accusing him of using state resources to fund the APC to show any proof or bank account through which he was sending money belonging to the state to the party.

Describing the APC as a political party capable of funding its activities, the governor explained that the state had no money to fund any political party.

According to him, “Rivers State Government has no money to fund the APC. They have been accusing me of using Rivers money to fund the APC. The APC is a big party. So, it can fund its activities.

“I do not fund the APC with Rivers money. I challenge all those who have been accusing me of funding the APC to show just one account through which I fund the APC with monies belonging to Rivers State.”

Amaechi, however, urged members of the party from Port Harcourt Local Government Area to collect their permanent voters’ cards and vote for the APC presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, on February 14, 2015.

“Buhari can win the presidential election if you vote for him. Your vote can make the needed change in Nigeria. Buhari will make sure that the thieves amongst Nigerians do not steal your money again.

“He will then use the money he has saved from the thieves amongst Nigerians to build roads, infrastructure and fight poverty and create jobs for millions of Nigerians,” the governor said.

Describing Peterside as his successor, Amaechi, who introduced the APC governorship candidate to the crowd, expressed dissatisfaction over the turnout of the party supporters for the rally, adding that the exercise will be repeated on January 2, 2015.

He said, “This stadium has a capacity for 16,000 people. You promised us you were going to mobilise 20,000 supporters to the rally, but you could only mobilise 10,000, which is not good enough. Port Harcourt Local Government has over 106,000 registered APC members. So, you must repeat this rally.”

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/im-not-funding-apc-amaechi/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Re: I'm Not Funding APC - Amaechi by waleadex(m): 5:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
Now he has talked. What next?
Re: I'm Not Funding APC - Amaechi by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 22, 2014
As if he will admit grin

(1) (Reply)

I Regret Supporting Amaechi To Become Gov -odili / ‘emir Of Ilorin Didn’t Endorse PDP Candidate’ / People In Britian, USA, Canada Can Vote , But Vote Not Count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.