Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Why Is It Easier To Get A Divorce Than Break A Gf/bf Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It Easier To Get A Divorce Than Break A Gf/bf Relationship? (627 Views)

When You Break A Guy's Heart (pic) / Is It OK To Lie Than Break A Relationship? / Why Do Guys Break A Caring Woman's Heart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Easier To Get A Divorce Than Break A Gf/bf Relationship? by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 23, 2014
This is what I have noticed

From my view of everything I have seen that married people find it easier to divorce their partners rather than work on their marriage to make it work well, it has become more glaring here on NL because women seems to advice fellow women to get a divorce, you hear words like 'you should divorce him, he is a beast grin " and others like " if you know you can't cope just file for divorce life isn't all about marriage"
Why is it difficult to advice fellow married peeps to work on their marriage? I know some are bad but with the great understanding and love that has kept you going since dating time all will be ok.

This is however not the case for dating category, some ladies stay in abused relationship maybe because of the financial settlement and guys too probably because of sex.

There is no perfect relationship but it seems the love fade away soon affter marriage, then your eye will clear the abuse will now become glaring and after that is divorce.
I have a friend that is presently in an abused relationship, the guy can beat day and night out of her but she is still with him, each time we ask her why she will say "I love him" this will definitely not be the case after marriage.
My own BF self is a good silent treatment user, he can snub for Africa and he doesn't call despite all this I haven't left him and I know too well that 'silent treatment' have broken many marriages.

Some guys on NL are such a woman wrapper in the sense that some comes here to tell us about how they caught their gfs in bed with a guy, how she has been cheating, her very unusual behaviors, but in the end of their apostle you see words like "I still love her very much, can I continue?" grin cheesy I dnt think a married man will catch his wife sleeping with another man and still say 'I love her, can I continue?'
Funny enough people here advice such guys to shower her more love, that she might change. A girl cheating on you will change if you shower her more love?! Why not kuku tell a married man that his cheating wife will change if he showers her more love?

Why is it like that, do love fade away after marriage? Why do singles do everything possible to keep their relationship going but the married peeps can't do such? Is it pride? Submission? Equal right in marriage? I need answers!
Re: Why Is It Easier To Get A Divorce Than Break A Gf/bf Relationship? by softandsweet(f): 10:29am On Dec 23, 2014
Well, I think its not easy in anyway to break up a relationship with commitment. It probably seems more rampant because a break up from marriage is more obvious. I think splitting happens as much in the dating world. And as for public speculations, married couples hardly talk about their marital problems as much as those in the dating world. They just find a way to deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Easier To Get A Divorce Than Break A Gf/bf Relationship? by thorpido(m): 10:33am On Dec 23, 2014
You probably have a wrong statistic or impression.Maybe you pay more attention to the threads encouraging separation or divorce than the ones encouraging working on the relationships.
There are countless threads that advise on patience,romance and other things to make the marriage work.

Emphasis is usually on abuse(continuous) and cheating.
Re: Why Is It Easier To Get A Divorce Than Break A Gf/bf Relationship? by dablazor: 11:49am On Dec 23, 2014
I have once bn in a rather serious rship that i culd see marriage between us, its so unlike my previous ones, such that i invested erthin into it, made her my world and all, lemme just say alot of sacrifices were made on my part... ppl call us a couple, cuz we were perfect, but the moment i found out she cheated, i felt too betrayed to even look at her, it was unexpected. I was disappointed and never looked back, i hated her like roach that i cut her off.
Now here is sth interestin - dt wasnt the 1st time i was cheated on, but that was the first time i never took her back.. My theory is this; i believe i didn't take her back because i was so into it and she betrayed me and everything i had believed in. The very first time i was cheated on, i took the girl back because i wasnt expectin too much from her, i was only hurt for a few hours n then am good, but the serious one was different, it almost felt like marriage and i ended it because i was betrayed by someone i could have trusted with my life. Thats my thought

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Easier To Get A Divorce Than Break A Gf/bf Relationship? by Oahray: 11:56am On Dec 23, 2014
It's an illusion, and you have been swept away by it.

First of all, we often get to hear more about serious stuff than the flimsy. When things don't work out in a bf/gf relationship, only a few persons would come to NL to ask for directions. They simply breakup without much ado.

Marriage is different from the regular relationship. You both have a covenant written on paper. It's a sacred arrangement, not the trial and error of relationships. What you mentioned is advice, not the action taken by the said mate. Since when advice (which is by no means unanimous) become the same as the divorce itself?

Some persons date as many as 3-5 persons in a year. Can you say the same about marriage?

(1) (Reply)

Mature Advice Needed ASAP / Valentine's Day's Around The Corner: Good Advice To You Guys. / Grown Man Relationship Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.