Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,346 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Who Should A Man Meet To Ask A Girl's Hand In Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Should A Man Meet To Ask A Girl's Hand In Marriage? (811 Views)

I Can't Ask A Girl Out Because Of My Brown Teeth / Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend Whenever You Are Bored In A Chat / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should A Man Meet To Ask A Girl's Hand In Marriage? by sirhot(m): 3:18pm On Dec 24, 2014
Fellow Nairalanders I need your contribution to this. If a man wants to ask for a girl's hand in marriage, who should he ask first? The girl's father or the pastor?

I have a friend who wants to get married and the girl told him that before he meets her father that he must first of all meet her pastor and that it is their church doctrine.

Nairalanders to me, the pastor should not be the first person as she is not his daughter! The girl's father should be the first port of call, doctrine or no doctrine! The pastor might say No for selfish reasons.

What is your take on this?
Re: Who Should A Man Meet To Ask A Girl's Hand In Marriage? by Beesluv: 3:20pm On Dec 24, 2014
Hmm, all these people brainwashed by their pastors sha

1 Like

Re: Who Should A Man Meet To Ask A Girl's Hand In Marriage? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 24, 2014
The question is..who has the most influence on your girl, her father or her pastor?

If she revers her pastor more, then consult him asap!
Re: Who Should A Man Meet To Ask A Girl's Hand In Marriage? by aristocrazzy: 3:21pm On Dec 24, 2014
None of them.
Re: Who Should A Man Meet To Ask A Girl's Hand In Marriage? by Ezedon(m): 3:29pm On Dec 24, 2014
The Pastor is her spiritual father and should be consulted first, to fight the spiritual battle
Re: Who Should A Man Meet To Ask A Girl's Hand In Marriage? by braine(m): 3:57pm On Dec 24, 2014
bishopoliver:
The question is..who has the most influence on your girl, her father or her pastor?

I guess this is the answer.
Re: Who Should A Man Meet To Ask A Girl's Hand In Marriage? by lilmax(m): 4:10pm On Dec 24, 2014
Next... She must ask her pastor first before having sex
Re: Who Should A Man Meet To Ask A Girl's Hand In Marriage? by luvlyoracle(m): 4:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
sirhot:
Fellow Nairalanders I need your contribution to this. If a man wants to ask for a girl's hand in marriage, who should he ask first? The girl's father or the pastor?

I have a friend who wants to get married and the girl told him that before he meets her father that he must first of all meet her pastor and that it is their church doctrine.

Nairalanders to me, the pastor should not be the first person as she is not his daughter! The girl's father should be the first port of call, doctrine or no doctrine! The pastor might say No for selfish reasons.

What is your take on this?
But why are you afraid of meeting the pastor?
Re: Who Should A Man Meet To Ask A Girl's Hand In Marriage? by sirhot(m): 7:33pm On Dec 24, 2014
A father gives her daughters hand in marriage and not the pastor. The father can consult the pastor if he wishes to?

1 Like

Re: Who Should A Man Meet To Ask A Girl's Hand In Marriage? by beautycrush24(f): 8:00pm On Dec 24, 2014
Ezedon:
The Pastor is her spiritual father and should be consulted first, to fight the spiritual battle

If the pastor fight finish the papa kon say no nko?
Re: Who Should A Man Meet To Ask A Girl's Hand In Marriage? by ideology(m): 8:54pm On Dec 24, 2014
Some folks are playing spirituality, go and read Leviticus, the father is the one that has the authority over his daughter.

God never said priests should.

Even during church wedding the priest will always call on the father of the bride to come and ratify and hand over the daughter to the priest.

The priest has no say if the father approves the marriage.
Re: Who Should A Man Meet To Ask A Girl's Hand In Marriage? by sirhot(m): 9:00pm On Dec 24, 2014
ideology:
Some folks are playing spirituality, go and read Leviticus, the father is the one that has the authority over his daughter.

God never said priests should.

Even during church wedding the priest will always call on the father of the bride to come and ratify and hand over the daughter to the priest.

The priest has no say if the father approves the marriage.
. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Who Should A Man Meet To Ask A Girl's Hand In Marriage? by sirhot(m): 3:28am On Dec 25, 2014
bishopoliver:

I think is not about who has more influence on her life cos no matter the influence, the father is the one that gives her daughters her in married not her mentor or role model!

(1) (Reply)

How To Flirt With Women - Make Her Feel Like She Is Falling Fast For You / HELP!!! Two Ladies Are Asking Me Out. Which Should I Go For? / Date Right!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.