Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:04 AM

Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 (47122 Views)

Was Jesus Born On Christmas Day? / Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? / Special Offering For Boko Haram Victims On December 7, 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 26, 2014
cocoduck:
Ignorance is a disease. he doesn't even know basic geography. Right now in Palestine and Israel is winter
I tire o.

1 Like

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Ubenedictus(m): 9:18pm On Dec 26, 2014
Kenneth205:
Answer Not A Foolish Man After His Foolishness Lest Thou Also Be Like Him
if this is what your wisdom is worth i do not pray to be as wise as you.

You make no point, u give no proof, u initiate no discussion and make no research, yet u dismiss my points and call me foolish.

God please save me from the wisdom of a proud man. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 26, 2014
A birth certificate of Jesus will no doubt clarify the doubt. OP can you provide that ?

1 Like

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by sukkot: 9:20pm On Dec 26, 2014
[b]Jesus was not born on December 25th. Jesus is the spirit of God. Jesus is the word of God. not a human being. when it says Jesus is born, that means the spirit of God was resurrected again on earth. Christ consciousness . and this date like every other date is calculated celestially with numerology. we have the date of the feast of tabernacles, feast of yom kippur, Passover, feast of unleavened bread and feast of trumpets. they are all calculated with numerology. these are not exact dates but numerology-representation dates. for example when that Christ spirit returns to earth again then everyone will be in unity with God. unity is the number one . now there are only ten months in a year with God and that is march to December. January and February was recently added. so that makes December the tenth month and in numerology the number 0 is irrelevant so the month of December is one which means unity with God, so it is at this month that unity symbolically will be established meaning the rebirth of his spirit on earth. now the date 25, in numerology we bring numbers down to singles. 2 times 5 is ten. ten is one because like i said the number 0 is irrelevant. one is unity with God. and this is how the symbolic attachment of DEC 25 was associated with the rebirth of the Christ consciousness aka birth of Jesus. so the dates are symbolic representations / numerology[/b]

rev 19 vs 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by okotv(m): 9:20pm On Dec 26, 2014
and you want me to believe this....

Biblical evidence or forget it
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by funkiebully: 9:21pm On Dec 26, 2014
Nice write up bro unbenedictus.

U are really grounded in Catholic faith. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by chika94: 9:21pm On Dec 26, 2014
He was not really born on 25 but we chose 25 to be his birthday[i][/i][b][/b]
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by tempem: 9:22pm On Dec 26, 2014
Dec 25th isn't Christ birthday...
The Bible didn't even ask us to celebrate, even if at all, the date is known.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by funkiebully: 9:27pm On Dec 26, 2014
tempem:

Dec 25th isn't Christ birthday...
The Bible didn't even ask us to celebrate, even if at all, the date is known.

Did d Bible ask u to eat?
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Ubenedictus(m): 9:28pm On Dec 26, 2014
Horus:
Jesus Was Born In The Summer

Sadly, most modern day Christians think that Jesus was born on December 25, a date established by Pope Clement VII (1478-1534 A.D.), a Roman Emperor. He became Pope in November of 1523-1534. With that, it became believable that Jesus was born on December 25, a winter month. But the mere fact that the shepherds were outdoors in the fields tending their flocks, which they only did in the summer months, Jesus son of Mary was in fact, based on the scriptures of Luke 2:8 born in the summer. In Jerusalem during the month of December, it is very cold, and there is no way this child could be born in the cold.

During the high point of the summer solstice between June 23 through the highest point being June 26, when the sheep would be brazing in the field, is when Jesus son of Mary was born.
this is false information, if u claim xmas was set in the 15th century then what will u do to the testimony of christians of the 4th, 5th centuries downward and those of the second century dat i referenced? Throw dem out of the window to defend the 15 century thesis lie?

I already discussed d winter issue, isreal is no london dat has a severe winter. According to d rabbi sherpherd and sheep still make d jorney through bethlehem to jerusalem even in d winter (jerusalem's temple has a continous demand for sheep)

3 Likes

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by pafestula(m): 9:28pm On Dec 26, 2014
Another Shekeau on the loose, I wonder where you people came up with date and time when there was nothing like calendar let alone of December +25 as at then, for your information nothing like education to determine date and time then, cockcrow woke people up then, even as at 1800 nothing like time and calendar.
I wont be surprise when you would claim that the white guy image used to represent Christ is the real Jesus Christ...though I didn't read your epistemology because the heading already makes no sense to me.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by SeanT10: 9:32pm On Dec 26, 2014
As for me, I don't care when CHRIST was born. All I needed was SALVATION and CHRIST brought it. I don't need to know the date to receive the SALVATION.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by LewsTherin: 9:35pm On Dec 26, 2014
Very illuminating write up OP. Excellent work. Your line of reasoning is extremely clear so all those who are debunking your opinion with no facts to support them are.....well, speaking from long held prejudice at best and plain ignorance and hatred at worse.

I cannot validate most of your facts, so I will take your word for it. However, a quick check on google will show that the weather today in Bethlehem is 11 degrees Celsius. London or not, that's quite cold. Weather patterns haven't changed that much in 2000 years. So how do you factor this variable in your premise?

2 Likes

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 26, 2014
this new Generation churches just d bring confusion.....
So if the early men bin no sabi d date of birth na these boys wei dem born yesterday wan come tell me?
everybody wan write im name for history.....mek dem go die for our sins na

4 Likes

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by emmanuelanjili(m): 9:36pm On Dec 26, 2014
Thank God we have theologians in the house,but as far as I am concern christmas refers to the time when Christ was born and the exact date is immaterial since I know for sure He was born,was crucified and risen and right now is at the right hand of the Almighty,so I will keep celebrating it on Dec 25th wholeheartedly.

2 Likes

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by naijareferee: 9:36pm On Dec 26, 2014
whether 25th or not...the truth is that the essence is not in the date but the significance of the birth
so...quit arguing about the date and know that christ is born in our hearts everyday....just that we are too busy to appreciate it. shalom

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by SalC: 9:37pm On Dec 26, 2014
I am yet to see anyone put up a sound post to counter the op so far, all I see is simply repetition of the usual chant of 25th is not Christ's birthday

1 Like

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Ubenedictus(m): 9:38pm On Dec 26, 2014
I already ansad dis objection
aim5:
Jesus wasn't born on Christmas. Christmas has more to do with Saturnalia or Saturn. And Saturnalia/Saturn=Capricorn.

Reply to Objection 1:
Saturnalia
commemorated the winter
solstice. Yet the winter solstice
falls on December 22.
It is true that Saturnalia
celebrations began as early as
December 17 and extended till
December 23. Still, the dates
don’t match up.

Saturnalia is betwen 17 to 23 of december. Nobody celebrate saturnalia on d 25th
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by lebesgue(m): 9:40pm On Dec 26, 2014
malvisguy212:
the mod will never put this type of thread on the homepage, instead,it's thread that question the belief of a Christian that makes the homepage.

Op God bless you for this.

You were saying?
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by sistar007(m): 9:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
Give references,
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 26, 2014
Ubenedictus:
I already ansad dis objection

Reply to Objection 1:
Saturnalia
commemorated the winter
solstice. Yet the winter solstice
falls on December 22.
It is true that Saturnalia
celebrations began as early as
December 17 and extended till
December 23. Still, the dates
don’t match up.

Saturnalia is betwen 17 to 23 of december. Nobody celebrate saturnalia on d 25th

Saturnalia concluded on the 25th, it was also the day that they worshipped the sun god Sol Invictus.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by seggzz(m): 9:47pm On Dec 26, 2014
I think in my own opinion Christ was not even born in the month of December
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by pafestula(m): 9:48pm On Dec 26, 2014
Equiano:
Op why are there no record(s) of the disciples of jesus celebrating jesus birthday on 25 of december recorded in the entire Bible, even after his death? Was Jesus such a dummy to even mention or celebrate his birthday throughout his 33 and half years on earth? Or did he forget?

Seconded.

1 Like

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by ijebu4u(m): 9:49pm On Dec 26, 2014
Were u there,and how did u know?
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Godside: 9:49pm On Dec 26, 2014
The whole write-up its nothing but rubbish of the highest order . The bible says we shld talk where the bible talks and be silent where the bible is silent .

Stop fooling ursf with man doctrine .

Answer this Question
Did you see or read the christmas from the bible ?

Did Christ command any liar or anybody to use christmas to replace any pagan festival?

Did christ say you shld create a name for him or do christmas for his remembrance ?

The only thing christ say we shld do in his remembrance is the lordsupper . Read 1 Corinthians 11:24 ►
and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me."

Read again , it say do this in my remembrance not Christmas or easter .
Dnt follow my pastor say , read the bible yoursf .

Repent b4 its to late .Peace

2 Likes

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 26, 2014
seggzz:
I think in my own opinion Christ was not even born in the month of December

Agreed. If he exists, he was either born in March or September.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Ubenedictus(m): 9:52pm On Dec 26, 2014
Dis objection has already been ansad
Crocz:
I swear by God, and the gods of yorubaland...both the new and the old, Jesus was not born on Dec 25th!

Dec 25th was a Pagan day for worshipping the Sun god...the Roman Catholic fix that day so has to stop pagans who converted worshipping other thing on that day!
Reply to Objection 2: Let us
examine first the cult of the
Unconquered Sun. The
Emperor Aurelian introduced
the cult of the Sol Invictus or
Unconquered Sun to Rome in
A.D. 274. Aurelian found
political traction with this cult,
because his own name
Aurelian derives from the
Latin word aurora denoting
“sunrise.”
Coins reveal that Emperor
Aurelian called himself the
Pontifex Solis or Pontiff of the
Sun. Thus, Aurelian simply
accommodated a generic
solar cult and identified his
name with it at the end of the
third century.
Most importantly, there is no
historical record for a
celebration Natalis Sol Invictus
on December 25 prior to A.D.
354. Within an illuminated
manuscript for the year A.D.
354, there is an entry
for December 25 reading “N
INVICTI CM Bleep.” Here N
means “nativity.” INVICTI
means “of the Unconquered.”
CM signifies “circenses
missus” or “games
ordered.” The Roman numeral
Bleep
equals thirty. Thus, the
order for the nativity of the
Unconquered for December
25th. Note that the word
“sun” is not present.
Moreover, the very same
codex also lists “natus
Christus in
Betleem Iudeae” for the day of
December 25. The phrase is
translated as “birth of Christ in
Bethlehem of Judea.”
The date of December 25th
only became the “Birthday of
the Unconquered Sun” under
the Emperor Julian the
Apostate.
Julian the Apostate had been a
Christian but who had
apostatized and returned to
Roman paganism. History
reveals that it was the hateful
former Christian Emperor that
erected a pagan holiday on
December 25. Think about
that for a moment. What was
he trying to replace?
These historical facts reveal
that the Unconquered Sun
was not likely a popular deity
in the Roman Empire. The
Roman people did not need to
be weaned off of a so-called
ancient holiday. Moreover, the
tradition of a
December 25th celebration
does not find a place on the
Roman calendar until after the
Christianization of Rome. The
“Birthday of the Unconquered
Sun” holiday was scarcely
traditional and hardly popular.
Saturnalia (mentioned above)
was much more popular,
traditional, and fun. It seems,
rather, that Julian the Apostate
had attempted to
introduce a pagan holiday in
order to replace the Christian
one!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by joseph1832(m): 9:53pm On Dec 26, 2014
I'll want the OP to kindly tell me where its stated in the Bible that Jesus was born on December 25th. Give me a Bible verse, old or new testament not just conduct research without any empirical evidence.

Besides, as a man, I really care not when Jesus was born, all I care is Jesus 'is' a man I have tremendous respect for!.

I care not about the day Jesus was born, what I care for are the principles he entrenched in our hearts that spawn thousands of years.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by DancingSkeleton(m): 9:55pm On Dec 26, 2014
ogawisdom:
Jesus birth shld b celebrated as he is d saviour of mankind dts d most impt thing
where d he state it in d bible unlike easter celebration which he instructed that should be celebrated in memory of him .... Guy park well
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Godside: 9:57pm On Dec 26, 2014
funkiebully:

Did d Bible ask u to eat?

chia... Its beta you read your bible nd stop doing our pastor say or follow-follow

Read : Genesis 1:29ESV / 204 helpful votes
And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Ubenedictus(m): 9:59pm On Dec 26, 2014
This is not true, all ancient sources record dat saturnalia ended latest on d 23. I dont usually quote wikipedia bt it says as much.
aim5:

Saturnalia concluded on the 25th, it was also the day that they worshipped the sun god Sol Invictus.

Saturnalia was an ancient
Roman festival in honor of the
deity Saturn, held on the 17th
of December of the Julian
calendar and later expanded
with festivities through to the
23rd of December.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Pastor Isaac Pada Beats Me - Wife, Precious Pada Denies Missing / This Kind Of Song On My Pastor' Wifey's Playlist- Right Or Wrong? / A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.