Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 (46382 Views)

Was Jesus Born On Christmas Day? / Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? / Special Offering For Boko Haram Victims On December 7, 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
Ubenedictus:
This is not true, all ancient sources record dat saturnalia ended latest on d 23. I dont usually quote wikipedia bt it says as much. Saturnalia was an ancient
Roman festival in honor of the
deity Saturn, held on the 17th
of December of the Julian
calendar and later expanded
with festivities through to the
23rd of December.

Still, I doubt Christ was born on that day. September or March seems more plausible.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by 2scorehigh(m): 10:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
ROSSIKE:
WHERE IS THE PROOF THAT 'JESUS' WAS BORN AT ALL?

THERE'S NONE.

OP STOP PERPETRATING MYTH AS FACT.

Exactly!

Probably, the OP hasn't read the book Suns of God by S. Acharya. I guess by the time he does, he'll find out there are so many other God-men apart from Jesus like Horus, Krishna, etc. who were also born on December 25th!

1 Like

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Godside: 10:03pm On Dec 26, 2014
romzyxy:
cudnt read it all bt my suggestion is that they shud stop dix argument cos it wont change the date at all. 25th ll always remain as celebration day.

That does not stop the truth 4rm flowing . There is nothing like christmas or easter but man doctrine . You beta repent
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by yomalex(m): 10:03pm On Dec 26, 2014
Much ado about christmas that is not in the bible.
How many Christians celebrate Passover Feast, Feast of Unleavened bread, Feast of Tabernacles etc.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by hahn(m): 10:07pm On Dec 26, 2014
jumbo44:
[/color][color=#006600]LORD MY GOD

That isn't even Jesus in the pic
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 26, 2014
Crocz:
I swear by God, and the gods of yorubaland...both the new and the old, Jesus was not born on Dec 25th!

Dec 25th was a Pagan day for worshipping the Sun god...the Roman Catholic fix that day so has to stop pagans who converted worshipping other thing on that day!

Lol. I guess u didn't read d topic well. Honestly I'm fed up with ignorant folks like u just circulating ignorant crap. What reputable historian/historical data can u site as ur source? Have u done any careful research or are u just circulating d baseless urban myth u've been hearing? I used to believe this urban myth until I did a very thorough research and was shocked by my findings.

If anyone cares to engage in a scholarly logical debate about d issue, citing authoritative sources, u're welcome let's roll. Infact I have a lot of strength for this. The fact that an urban myth is repeated 1million times does not make it true.
Most of these myth propagators are usually anti-religious or anti-christian folks who see "paganism" in everything about xtianity. The sad part is that some xtians buy into this pagan influence fallacy and use it to attack their fellow xtians not knowing that these same anti-christian myth propagators also attack other parts of their beliefs.

For example, JWs in their self-righteous dogmatism will parrot on and on about how everything xmas is pagan and try to draw pagan parallels that can't be substantiated in history. When they quote sources which claim to prove that everything xmas is pagan, they also fail to realize that these same sources also claim that beliefs/practices of the JWs are also pagan. A lot of pagans before Christ

-believed in a supreme deity, JWs also believe in a supreme deity

-believed in d concept of a God or godly being who would come to earth and dwell with mortals and save/enlighten them. JWs believed that God sent Jesus (godly being) to d earth (incarnation)

-believed that d sacrificial death of a divine/spotlessly holy/pure-blooded being would appease God/gods and cleanse men of sin, thus earning them salvation (Jesus died on d cross for our sins)

-believed in d miraculous birth of a god or godlike being without d participation of a man's seed. (Virgin birth)

-engaged in ritual or communal meals or "god-eating". Some of such meals were considered actual bodies/symbols of their gods. (Eucharist/holy communion).

-believed in some sort of afterlife; reward for d good, damnation for d evil (heaven and hell). In d case of d JWs, hell = annihilation. Its still a type of punishment anyway

-believed in avatars/good spirits who were messengers of d good god and evil spirits who were messengers of d bad god (angels/saints and demons)

-kept sunday as a holy day in honour of d sun god. JWs go to church on sunday. Does it mean they worship d sun god?

What about mathematical symbols that are of pagan origin? Inventions? Days of the week? Months? When u say "saturday", does that mean u're somehow affiliated to d god of saturn? When u say august or july, does it mean u're worshiping augustus or julius caesar? What about names of planets, stars and constellations? What about d wedding ring? Pagan egyptians started it. Does it mean u worship egyptian gods when u use d wedding ring? I could go on and on and list 1000+ parallels and hence reduce every system into "refurbished paganism" but let me stop here. So why do people try to build a mountain out of a molehill simply because d official date for xmas coincides with d date that pagans celebrated a certain event? Why? Why Why Why?

I picked JWs in particular as my case study cos they are d most annoying and scholarly immature when it comes to attacking anything xmas. So for them, its just a matter of picking what to use in attacking others and neglecting d ones that applies to them. I can easily pick any date that is of special importance to JWs and tie it with an earlier pagan event and call them pagan worshipers. Abi no be so?

Even if xmas is Jan 1 or Feb or June or Sept, people will still look for d pagan event that has a date close to d xmas date and try to weave d pagan event together with xmas. The theory that Christmas and d dating is just a refurbished pagan festival is just a bag of worthless excrement.
Who can prove it? I'll like to see u try

3 Likes

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Godside: 10:11pm On Dec 26, 2014
emmanuelanjili:
Thank God we have theologians in the house,but as far as I am concern christmas refers to the time when Christ was born and the exact date is immaterial since I know for sure He was born,was crucified and risen and right now is at the right hand of the Almighty,so I will keep celebrating it on Dec 25th wholeheartedly.

Worldly pleasure in you . I beg read ur bible nd stop follow-follow or my pastor say or family do it , i wil do it.

The bible or Jesus did nt say you celebrate christmas . I beg tink nw , did u c the name christmas or easter in the bible ? Who were those dt represnt d world to chose 25 dec or use it to replace pagan holiday
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Ubenedictus(m): 10:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
cocoduck:
Ignorance is a disease. he doesn't even know basic geography. Right now in Palestine and Israel is winter
u dont need to insult your "all knowingness", if u happen u read u would find dat i hv already answered this objection.

There is alway sheep moving from bethlehem to jerusalem even in winter, because d temple has a high demand for sheep.
Reply to Objection 3: Recall
that Palestine is not England,
Russia, or Alaska. Bethlehem is
situated at the latitude of 31.7.
Dallas, Texas has the latitude
of 32.8, and it’s still rather
comfortable outside in
December. As the great
Cornelius a Lapide remarks
during his lifetime, one could
still see shepherds and sheep
in the fields of Italy during late
December, and Italy is at
higher latitude than
Bethlehem.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Takara: 10:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
@op since you are convinced Of the date of birth of Jesus, can you please tell us the year. I mean December 25 of which year?
Unless you want to tell us that you know the month and the day but you cannot confidently mention the year!
You see your life

1 Like

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 26, 2014
Easter has to do with fertility and everything "springing" back to life.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by SalC: 10:14pm On Dec 26, 2014
aim5:

Still, I doubt Christ was born on that day. September or March seems more plausible.

Seems? And that's all you have and yet you discard facts?
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by SalC: 10:16pm On Dec 26, 2014
Takara:
@op since you are convinced Of the date of birth of Jesus, can you please tell us the year. I mean December 25 of which year?
Unless you want to tell us that you know the month and the day but you cannot confidently mention the year!
You see your life
If you read his first few posts, you won't be asking this question, he did put up a year.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Janetozi(f): 10:17pm On Dec 26, 2014
U pple should embark on three (3) days dry fasting and ask Jesus to tell us exactly the month he was born.

I believe that 25 Dec is not the day that Christ was born, it is dedicated to the celebration of the sun god.

Btw, why do so many tragedy (inferno, accidents, sudden death) happens on 25 of Dec more than any other day, we are indirectly celebrating a blood sucking demon somewhere and not Christ.

If we are celebrating the birth of Christ, why did they call it "Christmas" and not "Christbirth"

i don't understand that "mas"

catholic celebrates "holy mass
church of Satan celebrates "black mass"

who have idea of what that Mass stands for?

I have been asking this question b4 and i will continue to ask it again and again
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by VcStunner(m): 10:19pm On Dec 26, 2014
Ubenedictus:

I believe he means that issues decided upon by d early church is usually done with right reasons and prudent judgement and many modern day christians are ignorant of this fact.
yes, issues decided upon by d early church has been utterly abandoned with d notion of aligning christianity with world modernization. Truth is, since the inception of the current vatican11 council and its present doctrines, heresies and apostasies, the one and true universal church of christ(catholic church) has continued to lose vital history. So many do not believe and will still not believe in this evidence for the very fact that who ever it is that has modelled their own xtian life don't let them see the other side of the truth. But at the very end, heaven will only be made by his grace, and non of this would matter anymore. Thanks for sharing tho, quite insightful.

1 Like

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by SalC: 10:20pm On Dec 26, 2014
ChokolateBoss:

Lol. I guess u didn't read d topic well. Honestly I'm fed up with ignorant folks like u just circulating ignorant crap. What reputable historian can u site as ur source? Have u done any careful research or are u just circulating baseless urban myth?

If anyone cares to engage in a scholarly logical debate about d issue at length citing authoritative sources, u're welcome let's roll. I have a lot of strength for this. The fact that an urban myth is repeated 1million times does not make it true.
The theory that Christmas is just a refurbished pagan festival is just a bag of worthless excrement.
Who can prove it? I'll like to see u try
I would love to read your own line of thought too.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Takara: 10:20pm On Dec 26, 2014
SalC:
If you read his first few posts, you won't be asking this question, he did put up a year.
which year is that, care to tell me
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Ubenedictus(m): 10:20pm On Dec 26, 2014
aim5:

my dear, no one is allowed to pontificate on d things another person should accept. It is not my wish to force anything on u.

If u disagree, fine. It is within ur rights to do so
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 26, 2014
SalC:
Seems? And that's all you have and yet you discard facts?

How is it fact that he was born on the 25th? The 25th symbolizes the shortest day of the year and after Christmas, the Sun stays up a bit longer into the Spring Equinox. There's too much Pagan stuff surrounding Saturnalia/Christmas for one to call it a Christian holiday.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Godside: 10:24pm On Dec 26, 2014
Ubenedictus:
u dont need to insult your "all knowingness", if u happen u read u would find dat i hv already answered this objection.

There is alway sheep moving from bethlehem to jerusalem even in winter, because d temple has a high demand for sheep.
Reply to Objection 3: Recall
that Palestine is not England,
Russia, or Alaska. Bethlehem is
situated at the latitude of 31.7.
Dallas, Texas has the latitude
of 32.8, and it’s still rather
comfortable outside in
December. As the great
Cornelius a Lapide remarks
during his lifetime, one could
still see shepherds and sheep
in the fields of Italy during late
December, and Italy is at
higher latitude than
Bethlehem.

Chairman , pls i beg , stop the rubbish you are saying . I believe you are educated nd you can read nd undastnd .

If you die 2day nd some pipu decide to create a name for you nd celebrate , its no sin but the bible say we shld nt add or subtract 4rm the bible . Who did christ gav the right to use christmas to replace pagan holiday .

All you al point r rubbish nd nt wat the bible say . Help ursf nd ur church , google the history of christmas ursf .

Peace bro
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Ubenedictus(m): 10:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
2scorehigh:

Exactly!

Probably, the OP hasn't read the book Suns of God by S. Acharya. I guess by the time he does, he'll find out there are so many other God-men apart from Jesus like Horus, Krishna, etc. who were also born on December 25th!
my dear i am aware of d stories of horus and a host of other god wu were said to have virgin birth and other stuff like ascending into heaven etc. Anybody wu has read st justins apologia will know those stories and also how to refute them.

All u nid do is google st justin apologia, have a good read.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by hglmkope(f): 10:27pm On Dec 26, 2014
Whether he was born on the 25th of December or any other day is not so important. The most important thing is the fact that he was born. He came into this world so that we all might be saved.

Please let us not dwell on the not so important things while ignoring the main things.

The fact that you celebrate the day does not make you less christian than those that do not (and vice versa). Everyone to his or her own opinion in as much as you are keeping his commandments and doing his will.
The motive behind the celebration is also important. For those who celebrate do you see yourself celebrating the Roman festival of Saturnalia or the birth of unconquered sun? What is essential is doing it to the glory of God ("And whatsoever you do, do all to the glory of God"wink.

Moreover, the last time I checked, that was not part of the commandments. So we are not under any compulsion.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2014
And to add to Janetozi, mass means a death sacrifice. Plus Christmas is in the sign of Capricorn, a sign ruled by Saturn/Satan. The baphomet is also associated with this sign.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2014
That is laughable! grin grin cool cool cool
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by SalC: 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2014
aim5:

How is it fact that he was born on the 25th? The 25th symbolizes the shortest day of the year and after Christmas, the Sun stays up a bit longer into the Spring Equinox. There's too much Pagan stuff surrounding Saturnalia/Christmas for one to call it a Christian holiday.
Like seriously we should give up a day created by God because the usually is a pagan celebration on that day? Smh
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by iceberylin(m): 10:29pm On Dec 26, 2014
Even bro J know say them no born am 25th grin
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Ubenedictus(m): 10:29pm On Dec 26, 2014
VcStunner:
yes, issues decided upon by d early church has been utterly abandoned with d notion of aligning christianity with world modernization. Truth is, since the inception of the current vatican11 council and its present doctrines, heresies and apostasies, the one and true universal church of christ(catholic church) has continued to lose vital history. So many do not believe and will still not believe in this evidence for the very fact that who ever it is that has modelled their own xtian life don't let them see the other side of the truth. But at the very end, heaven will only be made by his grace, and non of this would matter anymore. Thanks for sharing tho, quite insightful.
u're welcome,
and yes it is true dat there has been some problems since vatican ii
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Godside: 10:31pm On Dec 26, 2014
VcStunner:

You can liar o o, Did christ or the bible show such history . No wonder , you post a long post witout bible passage .

Did christ or the bible tel you or anybodi to create christmas for him or use it to replace any pagan holiday . U beta repent
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by SalC: 10:31pm On Dec 26, 2014
Takara:

which year is that, care to tell me
Read the Op again please.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Janetozi(f): 10:33pm On Dec 26, 2014
funkiebully:

Did d Bible ask u to eat?
bush lizard!

Didn't Jesus feed 5,000 men with five loaf of bread & 2 fishes?

Didn't he ask us to ask for daily bread in "the Lords prayer"

ewu!!
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by StealthyMe(m): 10:33pm On Dec 26, 2014
Op, i remove hat for you!!! smiley

Thanks for the elaborate post!

1 Like

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Janetozi(f): 10:33pm On Dec 26, 2014
funkiebully:

Did d Bible ask u to eat?
bush lizard!

Didn't Jesus feed 5,000 men with five loaf of bread & 2 fishes?

Didn't he ask us to ask for daily bread in "the Lords prayer"

ewu!!

Yes, he ask us to eat.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Do The Dead In Christ Go To Heaven Or Await Ressurrection? / Sunday Morning Sex As Couple Before Going To Church. Is It A Sin? / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.