Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,143 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 (46341 Views)

Was Jesus Born On Christmas Day? / Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? / Special Offering For Boko Haram Victims On December 7, 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by EzeeYFB(m): 11:05am On Dec 27, 2014
Amos 3:7,we need the prophet to tell us.

Do shepherds watch their flocks in the winter? Its only common sense to tell that 25th aint it

1 Like

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Amisec: 11:06am On Dec 27, 2014
Drksly:
They told em That christ was born in the 25th, and they gave em facts which the op saw and decided to share with us. He is a Catholic and should ve facts to back his bliv. When u search for stuffs on Google, range of answers re given which u choose any dat best suit u. The rabbi told him sheeps can still roam at that time because the weather in Jerusalem is favorable, yet on Google it's really cold at this time (11dc). All comes to one thing that catholics ve facts to back their claim on December 25th as d day christ was born, they also ve facts to back their claim that the Virgin Mary gave birth to only Jesus, they also ve facts to back their claim that Sunday is the right day to worship, they also ve facts to back their claim That their priest shud be celibates. Every one is entitled to bliv Wat he or she chooses bt dnt try to convince sm1 else to bliv with u, cos our bliv is circumstantial. If he Wre a Moselm he wudnt ve bliv in christ anyway. Christ was born, 25th or nt.

If the word of God (BIBLE) is supreme then Christian facts or dogma not originating from it is man made and therefore not binding on Christians.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Amisec: 11:18am On Dec 27, 2014
Ubenedictus:

dis is an arguement from silience.
Jesus told dem to remember his death, are u aware dat only john wrote down d day and he even forgot to write d year? D rest 3 gospel as silient.
Does dat mean we should not celebrate easter and good friday becos d apostles didnt write down d ful date?

D bible does not contain d entire records of all Jesus did and say, d only wrote a little according to d points d author initially set out to prove.

If I am not mistaking, for the first time in your write-up or arguments so far you quoted the BIBLE, please try to read Revelation 22:18-19, ''For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.''

Adding man made facts or history I think will be counted as such.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Horus(m): 2:41pm On Dec 27, 2014
Ubenedictus:
this is false information, if u claim xmas was set in the 15th century then what will u do to the testimony of christians of the 4th, 5th centuries downward and those of the second century dat i referenced? Throw dem out of the window to defend the 15 century thesis lie?

I already discussed d winter issue, isreal is no london dat has a severe winter. According to d rabbi sherpherd and sheep still make d jorney through bethlehem to jerusalem even in d winter (jerusalem's temple has a continous demand for sheep)

Why do you lie?, I never mentioned the word xmas in my post shocked
Now we all know that you are a liar
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by omonnakoda: 2:55pm On Dec 27, 2014
Amisec:

If I am not mistaking, for the first time in your write-up or arguments so far you quoted the BIBLE, please try to read Revelation 22:18-19, ''For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.''

Adding man made facts or history I think will be counted as such.

There is a problem.

"THIS BOOK" what does this book mean by the time the author of Revelation died there was no "NEW TESTAMENT" in fact the new testament as we know it came into being hundreds of years later so WHICH BOOK was being referred to exactly by the phrase "THIS BOOK" . The bible was not authored by one man in one place. The authors of the New testament never sat in one room to produce "THIS BOOK".

Please do not take my word for it do some research. If anything the creation of the New Testament contravenes this injunction in Revelation. So called Christians need to ask how the Bible came into existence. Whether or not you believe it is not the issue but whenn was it written? How long did it take? Where and when . What was included and what was excluded and most importantly WHO had the FINAL SAY

1 Like

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by wtfCode: 3:07pm On Dec 27, 2014
there's more to this than the history itself.
It might be true or false.
Remember, the 12 months calender wasn't in existence by then.
All this shitz y'all are killin' yourselves on was put down by a man with his writing materials.
Regiously,As far as is not in the bible(birth date),i won't believe anything 'bout christ birth.
Scientifically, based on the weather/climate of when jesus was born, u'll find out it's in october.
That doesn't mean i believe in any of this.
#remember, the highest wisdom of men is foolishness in Gods' eye.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Maximus85(m): 3:24pm On Dec 27, 2014
Ubenedictus:
Objection 3: Christ could not have been born in December since Saint Luke describes shepherds herding in the neighboring fields of Bethlehem.
Shepherds do not herd during the
winter. Thus, Christ was not born in winter.

Reply to Objection 3: Recall that Palestine is not England, Russia, or Alaska. Bethlehem is situated at the latitude of 31.7. Dallas, Texas has the latitude of 32.8, and it’s still rather comfortable outside in December. As the great Cornelius a Lapide remarks during his lifetime, one could still see shepherds and sheep in the fields of Italy during late December, and Italy is at higher latitude than Bethlehem.

Now we move on to establishing the birthday of Christ from Sacred Scripture in two steps. The first step is to use Scripture to determine the birthday of Saint John the Baptist. The next step is
using Saint John the Baptist’s birthday as the key for finding Christ’s birthday. We can discover that Christ was born in late
December by observing first the time of year in which Saint Luke describes Saint Zacharias in the temple. This provides us with the approximate conception date
of Saint John the Baptist. From there we can follow the chronology that Saint Luke gives, and that lands us at the end of December.

Saint Luke reports that Zacharias served in the “course of Abias” (Lk 1:5) which Scripture records as the eighth course among the twenty-four priestly courses (Neh 12:17). Each shift of priests served one week in the temple for two times
each year. The course of Abias served during the eighth week and the thirty-second week in the annual cycle.
However, when did the cycle of
courses begin?
Josef Heinrich Friedlieb has convincingly established that the first priestly course of Jojarib was on duty during the destruction of Jerusalem on the ninth day of the Jewish month of Av. Thus the priestly course of Jojarib was on
duty during the second week of Av.
Consequently, the priestly course of Abias (the course of Saint Zacharias) was undoubtedly serving during the second week of the Jewish month of Tishri—the
very week of the Day of Atonement on the tenth day of Tishri. In our calendar, the Day of Atonement would land anywhere from September 22 to October 8.
Zacharias and Elizabeth conceived John the Baptist immediately after Zacharias served his course. This entails that Saint John the Baptist would have been conceived somewhere around the end
of September, placing John’s birth at the end of June, confirming the Catholic Church’s celebration of the Nativity of Saint John the Baptist on June 24.
Immediately after this entry into the temple and message of the Archangel Gabriel, Zacharias and Elizabeth conceive John the Baptist. Allowing for forty weeks of gestation, this places the birth
of John the Baptist at the end of June—once again confirming the Catholic date for the Nativity of Saint John the Baptist on June 24.

The rest of the dating is rather simple.
We read that just after the Virgin Mary conceived Christ, she went
to visit her cousin Elizabeth who was six months pregnant with John the Baptist.
This means that John the Baptist was six months older that our Lord Jesus Christ (Lk 1:24-27, 36). If you add six months to June 24 you get December 24-25 as the birthday of Christ. Then, if you subtract nine months from December 25 you get that the Annunciation was March 25. All the dates match up perfectly. So then, if John the Baptist was
conceived shortly after the Jewish Day of the Atonement, then the traditional Catholic dates are essentially correct. The birth of Christ would be about or on December 25.

Sacred Tradition also confirms December 25 as the birthday of the Son of God. The source of this ancient tradition is the Blessed Virgin Mary herself. Ask any
mother about the birth of her children. She will not only give you the date of the birth, but she will be able to rattle off the time, the location, the weather, the weight of the baby, the length of the baby, and a number of other details.

Olodo. If John the Baptist is 6months older than Jesus, then I guess he was 6months when he started preaching about Christ.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by PontiffMaximus: 3:31pm On Dec 27, 2014
SalC:
Guy shift joor, it's your ilks who make the world think Africans backward for making baseless assumptions. Even after showing you the meaning of mass is "to be sent" you keep clutching on straws.

Well so far no one has proved Christmas is a pagan celebration or the concept, all I keep seeing is a continuous baseless chant.

young man, socrates said "the main quality of a wise man, is his ability to accept all thoughts without actually believing them" so dont believe all your pastor said on the pulpit during sermon on 25th dont come here to argue baselessly about it. tomorrow he will stand and tell you that jerusalem is a christian land and you will come here to gut it out. learn to argue to learn son,, so stop insulting people's ideas.
here is an assignment for you: READ ABOUT EMPERROR CONSTANTINE, THE MEETING ORGANISED BY EMPERROR COSTANTINE AT CONSTANTENAPOLE AFTER THE CHRISTIAN-PAGAN WAR. THE EVENTS AT THE MEETING WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Ubenedictus(m): 4:00pm On Dec 27, 2014
Horus:

Why do you lie?, I never mentioned the word xmas in my post shocked
Now we all know that you are a liar
did ur post not claims that christmas started in d 15th century? Are u now accepting that you lied?
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 27, 2014
SalC:
Guy shift joor, it's your ilks who make the world think Africans backward for making baseless assumptions. Even after showing you the meaning of mass is "to be sent" you keep clutching on straws.

Well so far no one has proved Christmas is a pagan celebration or the concept, all I keep seeing is a continuous baseless chant.

How is it baseless? Look up the meaning. I'm not just saying this for no reason.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Ubenedictus(m): 4:11pm On Dec 27, 2014
PontiffMaximus:

young man, socrates said "the main quality of a wise man, is his ability to accept all thoughts without actually believing them" so dont believe all your pastor said on the pulpit during sermon on 25th dont come here to argue baselessly about it. tomorrow he will stand and tell you that jerusalem is a christian land and you will come here to gut it out. learn to argue to learn son,, so stop insulting people's ideas.
here is an assignment for you: READ ABOUT EMPERROR CONSTANTINE, THE MEETING ORGANISED BY EMPERROR COSTANTINE AT CONSTANTENAPOLE AFTER THE CHRISTIAN-PAGAN WAR. THE EVENTS AT THE MEETING WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS.
constantine has nothing to do with christmas, keep quiet if u dont know what to say.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Ubenedictus(m): 4:19pm On Dec 27, 2014
EzeeYFB:
Amos 3:7,we need the prophet to tell us.

Do shepherds watch their flocks in the winter? Its only common sense to tell that 25th aint it
yes my friend, the sherpherds of migdal eder of bethlehem watch their flock all year round even in winter, u can consort historical sources.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Ubenedictus(m): 4:22pm On Dec 27, 2014
Maximus85:

Olodo. If John the Baptist is 6months older than Jesus, then I guess he was 6months when he started preaching about Christ.
u should be laughing at ur ignorance, u are d only christian dat isnt aware dat elisabeth was 6 months pregnant at d time Jesus was concieve.
Go and buy a bible and thank me later.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Ubenedictus(m): 4:25pm On Dec 27, 2014
omonnakoda:

There is a problem.

"THIS BOOK" what does this book mean by the time the author of Revelation died there was no "NEW TESTAMENT" in fact the new testament as we know it came into being hundreds of years later so WHICH BOOK was being referred to exactly by the phrase "THIS BOOK" . The bible was not authored by one man in one place. The authors of the New testament never sat in one room to produce "THIS BOOK".

Please do not take my word for it do some research. If anything the creation of the New Testament contravenes this injunction in Revelation. So called Christians need to ask how the Bible came into existence. Whether or not you believe it is not the issue but whenn was it written? How long did it take? Where and when . What was included and what was excluded and most importantly WHO had the FINAL SAY
help me tell am
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Ubenedictus(m): 4:26pm On Dec 27, 2014
wtfCode:
there's more to this than the history itself.
It might be true or false.
Remember, the 12 months calender wasn't in existence by then.
All this shitz y'all are killin' yourselves on was put down by a man with his writing materials.
Regiously,As far as is not in the bible(birth date),i won't believe anything 'bout christ birth.
Scientifically, based on the weather/climate of when jesus was born, u'll find out it's in october.
That doesn't mean i believe in any of this.
#remember, the highest wisdom of men is foolishness in Gods' eye.
there was a 12 month calender then, it was called d roman calender.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Ubenedictus(m): 4:35pm On Dec 27, 2014
Drksly:
They told em That christ was born in the 25th, and they gave em facts which the op saw and decided to share with us. He is a Catholic and should ve facts to back his bliv. When u search for stuffs on Google, range of answers re given which u choose any dat best suit u. The rabbi told him sheeps can still roam at that time because the weather in Jerusalem is favorable, yet on Google it's really cold at this time (11dc). All comes to one thing that catholics ve facts to back their claim on December 25th as d day christ was born, they also ve facts to back their claim that the Virgin Mary gave birth to only Jesus, they also ve facts to back their claim that Sunday is the right day to worship, they also ve facts to back their claim That their priest shud be celibates. Every one is entitled to bliv Wat he or she chooses bt dnt try to convince sm1 else to bliv with u, cos our bliv is circumstantial. If he Wre a Moselm he wudnt ve bliv in christ anyway. Christ was born, 25th or nt.
you may also google d "migdal eder" they are d sherpherds who kept sheep in bethlehem during d time of Jesus, they were out in d field all year round.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by cdocdathrilla: 6:12pm On Dec 27, 2014
4 those dat actually did dia research, good job guyz n 4 those dat jst copied and pasted, una try too. E no easy. grin
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by MyVicky: 6:35pm On Dec 27, 2014
interesting piece indeed
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Horus(m): 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2014
Ubenedictus:
did ur post not claims that christmas started in d 15th century? Are u now accepting that you lied?

Use quote to show me where, and if you cannot find the word christmas in my first post then you lied.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Ubenedictus(m): 8:07pm On Dec 27, 2014
Horus are you denying the post below where you claimed that the 25th date was fixed by pope gregory as the birth of Jesus Christ in the 15th century
Horus:
Jesus Was Born In The Summer

Sadly, most modern day Christians think that Jesus was born on December 25, a date established by Pope Clement VII (1478-1534 A.D.), a Roman Emperor. He became Pope in November of 1523-1534. With that, it became believable that Jesus was born on December 25, a winter month. But the mere fact that the shepherds were outdoors in the fields tending their flocks, which they only did in the summer months, Jesus son of Mary was in fact, based on the scriptures of Luke 2:8 born in the summer. In Jerusalem during the month of December, it is very cold, and there is no way this child could be born in the cold.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Horus(m): 8:24pm On Dec 27, 2014
Ubenedictus:
Horus are you denying the post below where you claimed that the 25th date was fixed by pope gregory as the birth of Jesus Christ in the 15th century

[size=19pt]Why are you editing your previous post?
(Your dishonesty reached its peak)[/size]

Below was your post before you edited it where you claim that I used the word: christmas

Ubenedictus:

Why you cannot quote the word christmas that you claim that I used in my first post?. Use quote to show me where, and if you cannot find the word christmas in my first post then you lied. You are dishonest period!. I am still waiting to see the word christmas in my first post. Show me that word or stop claiming that I used a word that you cannot even see in my first post.

[size=19pt]Only a LIAR will edite his post to erase his own lie[/size]
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Ubenedictus(m): 8:36pm On Dec 27, 2014
Horus:

Why you cannot quote the word christmas that you claim that I used in my first post?. Use quote to show me where, and if you cannot find the word christmas in my first post then you lied. You are dishonest period!. I am still waiting to see the word christmas in my first post. Show me that word or stop claiming that I used a word that you cannot even see in my first post.
you are grasping a straws, you pos reference "the date christ was born" and yet you say you weren't talking about Christmas?

Strawman
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Horus(m): 9:16pm On Dec 27, 2014
Ubenedictus:
you are grasping a straws, you pos reference "the date christ was born" and yet you say you weren't talking about Christmas?

Strawman

No, I am not religious and I am not christian so this word have no meaning for me, so I did not use it at all. It is you who associate this word with the birth of christ, not me. Now show me where I used the word christmas in my first post?
If you even go to the extend of editing your own previous post to erase your lie this denote that you have too much EGO.
I cannot stand a liar and if you edited your post then this is a proof that you cannot even assume your own disonesty. You have been exposed
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by PontiffMaximus: 11:27am On Dec 28, 2014
Ubenedictus:
constantine has nothing to do with christmas, keep quiet if u dont know what to say.

very funny you disgrace me.
you have google and all the books in the world and you open your lips to gut such rubbish!
here is a few links and some books to polish your mind.
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/council-of-nicaea-concludes
http://googlebooks.com/davincicode
http:// www​.carnaval.com/lent/
http:// www​.dailycatholic.org/councils .htm

1 Like

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Ubenedictus(m): 1:46pm On Dec 28, 2014
Horus:

No, I am not religious and I am not christian so this word have no meaning for me, so I did not use it at all. It is you who associate this word with the birth of christ, not me. Now show me where I used the word christmas in my first post?
If you even go to the extend of editing your own previous post to erase your lie this denote that you have too much EGO.
I cannot stand a liar and if you edited your post then this is a proof that you cannot even assume your own disonesty. You have been exposed
i didn't even touch my previous post, why then are you accussing me of lying.

You are the only person in the entire world, who doesn't know christmas is about the birthday of Christ, you are also the only liar i am aware of who claims that the date of Christ's birth was set on the twenty fifth of december in the 15th century and is ready to perform mental gymnastics and denials to extricate himself from his lies without admitting he lied.
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Ubenedictus(m): 1:51pm On Dec 28, 2014
PontiffMaximus:

very funny you disgrace me.
you have google and all the books in the world and you open your lips to gut such rubbish!
here is a few links and some books to polish your mind.
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/council-of-nicaea-concludes
http://googlebooks.com/davincicode
http:// www​.carnaval.com/lent/
http:// www​.dailycatholic.org/councils .htm
before you punish my mind with your lies, please show me which of those links told you that constanine set the date of christmas. I happen to possess a copy of canons of the council of nicea and fixing chrismas date was cerainly not done in nicea. So show me the link where you got the lie from
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Horus(m): 2:47pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ubenedictus:
i didn't even touch my previous post, why then are you accussing me of lying.

You are the only person in the entire world, who doesn't know christmas is about the birthday of Christ, you are also the only liar i am aware of who claims that the date of Christ's birth was set on the twenty fifth of december in the 15th century and is ready to perform mental gymnastics and denials to extricate himself from his lies without admitting he lied.

"The pot calling the kettle black" grin. You are the one who perform mental gymnastics and denials to avoid answering my question. If I said that you cannot find the word CHRISTMAS in my first post, it is not a lie it is an irrefutable fact, so dont try to divert the debate or you will start to make yourself look like a fool. We all can see you are the liar here

Show me where I used the word CHRISTMAS in my first post?

After this question was asked to you more than five times ask yourself why you are still unable to find this word in my first post?.

Your diverting technique dont work so stop wasting time and answer the question

AGAIN, Show me where I used the word CHRISTMAS in my first post?
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ubenedictus

The date of December 25 does not correspond to Christ’s birth,” acknowledges the New Catholic Encyclopedia, “but to the feast of the Natalis Solis Invicti, the Roman sun festival at the solstice.

1 Like

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Freksy(m): 9:47pm On Dec 28, 2014
ogawisdom:

Where in d bible did dey state u shld watch tv, use computer, automobile n internet. R u nt using them today. God gave u brains so use them. Everything can't b in d bible
Where in the bible is it written that you should not watch pon on TV or internet with your parents, or with your children?

You think apart from laws that are expressly stated, there are no principles in the bible by which all we do must be based?
Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by Freksy(m): 10:05pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ubenedictus:
pls where does d bible say Jesus lived exactly 33yrs and 6 months?

Pls where does d bible say Jesus was born exactly on 25th December?

To justify your claim of 25th December, can you please tell us how long you think Jesus lived on earth?

1 Like

Re: Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 by o9999: 10:21pm On Dec 28, 2014
My grandma does not know her birthday. But to make her part of the fun, we let her choose a date we celebrate for her (am guguessing my dad's date is also a fixed date... Not the real thing ). Now pls someone tell me that cos they were NOT EXACTLY born on those dates, when we celebrate the birthdays, we r doing something wrong??

25th Dec, 5th March, June 11th, Sept 30th I can go on and on .....
The Que is what's d reason for d celebration? As long as you bear Jesus in mind and DEDICATE d day to his birth, pls let grow beyond this "they said , they fixed, a catholic priest, a pagan god" and give adoration and importance to one worthy of it!

D fact that he is still worthy of this much attention& discussions over 2000yrs after his death....... Stop fault finding and love him already

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower / Sunday Morning Sex As Couple Before Going To Church. Is It A Sin? / Throwback Photos Of Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oritsejafor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.