Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,108 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? (5798 Views)

LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? / MALE: Can You Date Someone Older Than You And Vice Versa For The Female / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by drtess(f): 8:09am On Aug 14, 2006
HI! GUYS, smiley wink cheesy

Hope you had a great week cos i definitely did.

Anyway my question is, should age be a big issue in a relationship.
I would like your opinion.
Can you marry someone younger than you as a lady?

And as a guy can you marry or date an older woman?

What do you think the ideal age difference should be between you and your date or spouse and why?

My Comments
As for me, i can't date a younger guy and my ideal age difference should be 4 to 6 years.
This is because i feel i am a mature person and most guys my age do not think maturely, so i would prefer to date an older guy that would be able to reason on my level.

Cheers.
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by iice(f): 8:48am On Aug 14, 2006
Actually i don't date younger men, because like you said, the whole maturity issue has a big role in the dating play. However i do know of younger men who are matured and older men who are immature. For those who find the right partner, age does not come into play for them. What works for them works for them.
Ps, thanks i had a lovely week grin
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by anniebear(f): 9:23am On Aug 14, 2006
As for me i cant date a man younger or same age with me, cos as iice the whole maturity thing really has a big role to play in these.
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by claudia(f): 12:24pm On Aug 14, 2006
Age is nothing but numbers is what i've found out. if you care about somebody a lot of the things you say you wouldn't do just become unimportant.
I have also found out that it doesn't matter to most guys if you are older or not.
So, i think i can go out with a younger man if the age difference is not much wink
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by adidascam(m): 11:07pm On Aug 15, 2006
u sef! wetin be age? No be number? How I sure say u be 22 yrs. Nigerians girls no dey ever pass 24-25. cool
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by kiki(f): 11:40pm On Aug 15, 2006
i don't date younger guys cos its just stupid 2 me its like ewwww
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by luvu567(f): 11:44pm On Aug 15, 2006
i agree kiki, a younger man GOD FORBID
i cant and i wont do it, my aim will always be higher
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by kiki(f): 11:50pm On Aug 15, 2006
gurl i know what u sayin yunger guys!!! shocked never done it before never will
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by Busta(f): 12:30am On Aug 16, 2006
nuthin wrong with it. as long as the age diff is not.
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by kiki(f): 12:33am On Aug 16, 2006
well i guess ppl view things diff me no
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by Oracle(m): 3:48am On Aug 24, 2006
i won't want to but love is blind
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by HH(m): 9:02am On Aug 24, 2006
God made us simple and we have made ourselves complicated, God odained marriage without age but love, anyway compactibility goes a long way in succesful date and not age, i think is psychological that you wouldnt allow the younger guy to be in charge simply because his younger, it doesnt really matter if the young guy has got matured mind, wish u luck though with older guys
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by babe1(f): 6:32am On Aug 27, 2006
I don't know how old you are when you talk about age, but if you are teens, then no problem but when you become 20 and 30 something, i tell ya, age would not be an issue then because, you are most likely to meet a guy that is 25 and he acts more mature than a guy that is 35 and it goes both ways, so it all really depends on individuals. And what age group you are talking about. Another thing being that when you find true love, and i mean true love, that is when age becomes nothing but a number.
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by damsol(f): 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2006
it really depends on the age difference,i cant imagine datine someone 5yrs or more older than me and t is never going to happen for me to date someone younger than me, hmmm
Oracle:

i won't want to but love is blind
oracle i know love is blind bt which love one go have for person old to be ur father
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by Oracle(m): 8:55pm On Sep 05, 2006
I guess i understand you but you never can tell, Love comes in a package you can't predict or even understand
So just Love, but then it shouldn't be a sugar daddy type of love
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:26pm On Sep 06, 2006
it all depends on individuals involved,but for me i dont really care about the age difference as long as he is not above 15yrs my senior n what i really care about is the maturity of his mind.
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by damsol(f): 3:38pm On Sep 06, 2006
Oracle:

I guess i understand you but you never can tell, Love comes in a package you can't predict or even understand
So just Love, but then it shouldn't be a sugar daddy type of love
u re right bt i cant
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by deb(m): 5:30pm On Apr 11, 2007
My girlfriend used to think she can't date a younger person
until she fell in love with me
I am 26 she's 29. I started courting her at d age of 25 then she was 28.
I am the man. thats what is most important.
I don't treat her like she's older. Mind you, if she does not tell
anyone she's older nobody will know

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by emmanas(m): 7:08pm On Apr 11, 2007
Age is not love, wat u need is love & understanding. if u're older than ur man dont say u wont have a better home, it just depends u both level of understaning & how u can let the feel as a man not as a boy that is going wit his mother. to let u know is not a new thing for a guy marrying a lady older than him. am a guy that is not ready for age but for love.
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by temmyabby(f): 11:35pm On May 13, 2007
yes i can, but when it over 5 yrs the chances starts decreasing, i would never consider dating sum1 my fathers age
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by IBDat(m): 2:10am On May 14, 2007
This i have noticed is only an issue when someone of a young tender age is concerned. The older you get the more irrelevant it b'coms unless again someone of younger age is concerned. Personally i would date, but wouldn't consider marrying any lady that was 5yrs plus older than me, unless, lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by TawaTemi1(f): 3:46pm On Aug 17, 2007
Lets face the reality here, AGE is no1234567890, ,there r some younger guys that have what it takes to date a lady older than them! they have nice look, they r wise  in their choice of word, they r intelligent, romantic etc, in short they can deliver, they even look very mature.
If paradventure a lady is not aware of his age thinking he is older and they go into marriage, will the lady opt for divorce after knowing the truth? There r some guys that lie about their age n so on,
But so far the gap is not too wide to be noticed, n she is in love, y not, let her go ahead!

But as an  AFRICAN LADY,  personally, I WONT. Thats my own idea anyway! Its personal, av never thought of dating younger guys.

But there is nothing wrong with a lady dating a younger guy.
The world is changing n we av to change to avoid being an "OLD SCHOOL".   smiley

My mistake, I thought it was Younger! But the question said OLDER MEN,
There is nothing wrong dating an older man, so far the age gap is between 4-10 years, personally, I will date or marry him.
With the above qualities included sha!
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by dami2xiid(m): 5:32pm On Aug 17, 2007
All the girls that made comments about this issues are idiots. they don't know what love really means. What is AGE when LOVE is playing it's role? Well i can't blame you all When all you know about is money and nothing else. Bastards I'm sorry for my words but i am so upset. Nigerian Girls sucks!!!, everyone of them!!!, No conscience what they are after is a guy who has money, not thinking of how they will make it on their own. This Topic is the more reason why the western worlds are growing faster. Pls give your brains out for thorough washing if you will be enlightened more. Age means nothing. there are so many young guys out there who are more experienced than the Old ones. Peace out.
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by iice(f): 5:39pm On Aug 17, 2007
Wow talk about being bitter undecided
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by Joge(m): 10:01am On Aug 27, 2007
i dnt think dating a girl that's a bit older than,once she possesses all the characteristics i need from the under-age,and once she's humble and I let her know that she's a bit older than me,the choice is hers,but as for me,age doesnt mean but it's not like in d case whereby i am 20 and she's 25-i mean 21 is ok-anything above that,forget it.
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by boysteve1(m): 10:10am On Aug 27, 2007
All the girls i have dated all my life is older than me, you won't even know you are older until i tell you i bet u, i am 21 like 30 fully matured from mother's belly, smiles
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by BASETSANA(f): 10:36am On Aug 27, 2007
A younger man no, an older man yes!
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by fawwyb(m): 7:31am On Aug 28, 2007
boy steve:

All the girls i have dated all my life is older than me, you won't even know you are older until i tell you i bet u, i am 21 like 30 fully matured from mother's belly, smiles
@boy steve, could you post your picture and let see if you are really older than your age.

for me, i can't date a lady older than me . . . . Not proper shocked
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by sleekdot(m): 8:56am On Aug 28, 2007
I think I can date not marry
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by jkpretty(f): 10:15am On Aug 28, 2007
Puh! i don't wanna be a nanny tongue
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by Bolarge(m): 10:23am On Aug 28, 2007
H- to da -E- to da double -L- [size=14pt]NO!![/size]
Re: Can You Date Or Marry Someone Older Than You? by iice(f): 12:50pm On Aug 28, 2007
Bolarge:

H- to da -E- to da double -L- [size=14pt]NO!![/size]

Cool. . .now i can not worry grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Bad Breath Ruining Your Sex Life? / Man Expose His Friend Who Ignored Him When He Was Broke But Need His Help Now / Me And My Ex Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.