Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,811 members, 7,813,670 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad (16280 Views)

Nigerian Army Condemns Four More Soldiers To Death By Firing Squad / Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed / President Jonathan Warns Nigerians To Expect More Soldiers During 2015 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 25, 2014
Citadelb0t:

Oju-Iku the ivory coast soldier boasted of having the best soldier ever. He is need here asap
I am yet to see yoruba bravery
Even Lt. Col Obasanjo got shot in the a$$ while he was escaping from boko haram.

4 Likes

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Buttocks: 4:26pm On Dec 25, 2014
Collynzo22:
It seems like they always come from a particular part of the country.
This is not what Adekunle killed women and children for.
May God help them.

Ha ha ha ha!
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by hansad: 4:28pm On Dec 25, 2014
Godsun:
I think it is more important to supply better ammunition and care than to kill the soldiers

[b]Yeah, GEJ has brought more positive developments to Nigeria than any of his predecessors. Few examples:
Fuel scarcity, especially during Xmas and Eids nearly brought Nigeria's economy to a halt. Since Jonathan became president, fuel scarcity has been a past tense.

Past leaders paid no heed to refurbishing Nigeria's electricity sector. That's why we have no light most of the time. But Jonathan's govt jas invested more than his predecessors in refurbishing the electricity sector.

Railway travel was a thing of the past many years before Jonathan administration. But today, railway travel is here with Nigerians.

Insecurity?
You were there when 12 northern governors and their population emobraced sharia codes like cutting of hands of petty thieves, stoning of adulterous women, etc. Boko Haram appeared latter and says that it is fighting for a sharia-friendly country. GEJ has deployed every thing Nigeria has to stop Boko. But saboteurs who share same values with you and Boko people thwart the govt's efforts.

[/b]

3 Likes

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Citadelb0t: 4:28pm On Dec 25, 2014
[s]
quid:

Even Lt. Col Obasanjo got shot in the a$$ while he was escaping from boko haram.
[/s]

Atleast he faced them, still better than Ojuiku that fled war zone, dressed like an ashawo with lipstick and padded bra. Ahahaha. Ojuiku the ben johnson of the year.

2 Likes

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by WOCKHARDI(m): 4:31pm On Dec 25, 2014
If only the Nigerian Army will use the same zeal, enthusiasm and "oooshebe e e "that was used to defeat Biafra and force it back to Nigeria, BH would have been a thing of the past. What has come over the good old Nigerian Army. I fear to think that it is a house divided among itself. Please C-in-C do something
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 25, 2014
Some of you need to stop posting rubbish. You complain the BH menace has not come to an end but fail to understand that it is the actions or inactions of soldiers such as these that has contributed to the elongation of the insurgency. They complain they are ill equipped and that the BH boys use sophisticated weapons. But ironically,it is the same ill equipment given to the soldiers that the BH boys,who are not well trained, steal and use against the soldiers. These soldiers are incompetent,saboteurs and cowards. Their incompetence and cowardice acts compromise missions and endanger the lives of the genuine,brave and gallant Soldiers. May God bless and protect the true gallant Soldiers and may these cowards in uniforms keep being killed. That's all.

2 Likes

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Gentlesniper(m): 4:34pm On Dec 25, 2014
ritababe:
Hmmm na wa, anytime i hear soldier and death i quickly click to who.

I pray God keep my brother safe in Jesus name.
don't worry, your brother is under my command and he is safe........tho I plan sending him to boko hot zones bt mayb a kiss 4rm u might make me change my mind.....
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Spydamannn(m): 4:34pm On Dec 25, 2014
Mutiny is a grievous crime in the military
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by ritababe(f): 4:35pm On Dec 25, 2014
naijaboiy:

Wetin your brother dey find for army grin
I nor know oh
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by sirugos(m): 4:39pm On Dec 25, 2014
Please I don't want anything to happen to any of ur gallant soldiers. Let this their oga respect themselves please
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by WOCKHARDI(m): 4:41pm On Dec 25, 2014
If only the Nigerian Army will use the same zeal, enthusiasm and "o o oshebe e e" that were used to defeat Biafra and force it back to Nigeria, BOKO HARAM would have been a thing of the past. What has happened to the good old Nigerian Army? I hate to think that it a house divided among itself. Please C-IN-C do something. Remember,the Buck stops on your table
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Citadelb0t: 4:43pm On Dec 25, 2014
quid:

some of the brave yorubas even drank poison.

But your warlord Oju-Iku fled when confronted with real war. See him below, dressed like those yeebhoe aristo. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by kwenu: 4:44pm On Dec 25, 2014
how true and recent is that story about obasanjo
quid:

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by zubby29(m): 4:46pm On Dec 25, 2014
soon dey will sentence all d soldiers to death nd allow boko pigs to hv a free run on Nigerians
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by obaayo2: 4:50pm On Dec 25, 2014
they wont be killed..
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by okotv(m): 4:51pm On Dec 25, 2014
who is giving out such confidential information to the public who understand next to nothing about how the military operates. It's a military routine. If yih can't stand the heat, get out if the kitchen
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 25, 2014
kwenu:
how true and recent is that story about obasanjo

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29125074

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 25, 2014
Barbarians displaying their primitive nature again! angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by reborn1: 4:56pm On Dec 25, 2014
Citadelb0t:
[s][/s]

Atleast he faced them, still better than Ojuiku that fled war zone, dressed like an ashawo with lipstick and padded bra. Ahahaha. Ojuiku the ben johnson of the year.

1 Like

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 25, 2014
Citadelb0t:

But your warlord Oju-Iku fled when confronted with real war. See him below, dressed like those yeebhoe aristo. grin grin
The burial of a real war hero, many many many dignitaries

1 Like

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by BetaThings: 5:04pm On Dec 25, 2014
donmalcolm21:
Tinubu is busy supporting GMB while his tribesmen are being decimated by the Hausa Fulani controlled army
In the last 16 years, the only Hausa Fulani Chief of Army Staff has been Lt Gen Danbazzau
we have had CAS from North Central, South Suuth and South East
Following your argument, why should Tinubu's tribe also support Jonathan who even at a time completely excluded SW from the entire security agencies

their names
Malu, Ogomudia, Agwai, Azazi, Luka Yusuf, Danbazzau, Ihejirika, Minimah
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by kwenu: 5:10pm On Dec 25, 2014
Nigeria is in a tight corner if you ask me,

1 How do you blame the soldiers for asking inciting questions,seeing they haven't good weapons to fight with, and they seeing the dead bodies of their fellow uniform men (junior officers) especially

2. The top military officers/senior officers need more of the junior ones in the battle Field to fight against bokoharam,if they do not punish the offending junior officer who are refusing orders, how sure are we that our military men will ever go out to fight these insurgents, that's is tommorow no military officers will take orders from its senior ones to go into the battle field.

3 The top opposition party keeps blaming johnathan, but i think so far that the president himself is doing his best in this fight against the insurgents, is it his fault that western nations refuse to sell arms to Nigeria?

4. if the reason of insurgency in Nigeria is for the sake of power returning back to the north, shouldnt the north be patient for the minority group (mr President Johnatan)to rule for another term and then, the north should present a candidate to replace him when his tenure is over, rather than causing violence, killings of innocent people all over the country.

AND I ASK this question, whats very special about the presidency or Leading Nigeria, that will make politicians sacrifice the life of innocent Nigerians all for the sake of power.

if bokoharam was established/formed by the northerners, what then do they stand to gain after destroying thier own people and properties

Did even the militants in the niger delta creeks attack thier own people? were they not after foreign oil workers and maybe top governemnt officials.

My thoughts though
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 25, 2014
BetaThings:

In the last 16 years, the only Hausa Fulani Chief of Army Staff has been Lt Gen Danbazzau
we have had CAS from North Central, South Suuth and South East
Following your argument, why should Tinubu's tribe also support Jonathan who even at a time completely excluded SW from the entire security agencies

their names
Malu, Ogomudia, Agwai, Azazi, Luka Yusuf, Danbazzau, Ihejirika, Minimah
^^ Perhaps GEJ is afraid of betrayal grin grin
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 25, 2014
this can't happen to U.S soldiers...
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Gboskee(m): 5:20pm On Dec 25, 2014
desmondokoye:
The Nigerian military court-martial sitting in Abuja has sentenced another group of four soldiers, accused of mutiny, to death by firing squad.

The court delivered its judgment Wednesday night in another case involving five soldiers.

Bankole Taiwo (lance corporal), Ayodele Olawale (lance corporal), Isaiah Olofu (lance corporal) and Adebayo Gbenga (private) were convicted and sentenced to death while Sule Ochehepo (lance corporal) was discharged and acquitted.

According to a source familiar with the trial, “the allegation against the soldiers was that they asked “inciting questions” from their Commanding Officer of 81 Batallion when he addressed them on September 14, 2013.

“The questions pertained to the corpses of some of their colleagues brought to the camp after they were killed by the Boko Haram terrorists due to lack of weapons. The charge of mutiny was that the 5 soldiers “incited soldiers of 81 Bn to mutiny against the authority of 7 Division of Nigerian Army”.

They pleaded double jeopardy that they had been tried summarily by their commanding officer, convicted and sentenced and that they had served the punishment, our source said.

“The record of proceedings of the earlier trial was tendered and admitted in evidence by the court-martial. But the court-martial headed by Brig-General M.S Yusuf did not consider the defence of the soldiers,” the source added.

Altogether, 71 soldiers have been sentenced to death for protesting alleged non-payment of salaries and allowances and failure of the authorities to provide equipment to confront the well-equipped Boko Haram troops.

Hundreds of other soldiers are currently awaiting trial in Abuja, Jos and Lagos for mutiny, negligence and cowardice and allied offences. They are due to be arraigned after the Christmas vacation.

The judgment on the five soldiers came just about a week after another batch of 54 soldiers were condemned to death for refusing to fight the deadly Boko Haram sect.

The 54 soldiers belonged to the 111 Special Forces battalion attached to the 7 division of the army in Maiduguri. They are to die by firing squad, the military court ruled last week.

The soldiers were accused of disobeying a direct order from superior officers to take part in an operation aimed at dislodging Boko Haram terrorists from Delwa, Bulabulin and Damboa in Borno State.

The soldiers said they refused to take part in the operation because the Army did not provide them with the required combat and support equipment needed for such operations.

Also, in September, 12 soldiers were sentenced to death by firing squad for shooting at a car conveying their commanding officer, Ahmed Mohammed, a Major General.

The attack occurred May 14 at the army’s 7 Division, Maimalari Barracks in Maiduguri, headed at the time by Mr. Mohammed.

Others were also sentenced to life in jail for criminal conspiracy and attempt to commit murder.

The soldiers revolted after some of their colleagues were ambushed and killed by Boko Haram extremists, an attack they blamed their commander for.

Yet, more soldiers remain on trial for their conducts in the fight against the extremist sect, and face being sentenced to death.

On Tuesday, another batch of 118 soldiers were transported from Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, to face charges in Abuja, the nation’s capital.

It is not clear when the troops would be arraigned before the military court, but our sources said unlike their colleagues who were convicted December 17, the 118 soldiers are accused of offences less than mutiny.

Also, 22 top officers, including a brigadier general, are being held at the Ikeja Military Cantonment in Lagos, preparatory to being arraigned for yet unclear offences.

They could not be arraigned on December 22 because the court was not properly constituted.

Their arraignment has now been scheduled for a date in January.

The convicted soldiers, apart from the four that were sentenced Wednesday, have been moved to Lagos to await appeal, pardon or execution.

Source: http://naijapolitica.com/2014/12/25/mutiny-four-soldiers-to-face-death-by-firing-squad/

www.channelstv.com/2014/12/25/another-batch-soldiers-sentenced-death-court-martial/
mother killing her kids since B.C

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Demands Reinstatement Of Obiano’s Security Aides, Condemns IGP / I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF / FFK Applauds Oyedepo, Enenche, Suleman For Speaking Against Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.