Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad (16281 Views)

Nigerian Army Condemns Four More Soldiers To Death By Firing Squad / Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed / President Jonathan Warns Nigerians To Expect More Soldiers During 2015 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Citadelb0t: 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2014
quid:

The burial of a real war hero, many many many dignitaries

Oju-Iku the runaway beast is a hero to only yeeboes. No wonder you all see burial as part of GEJs achievement. Lmaooo. Deluded people, deluded tribe.

2 Likes

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by orbis(m): 5:22pm On Dec 25, 2014
The way soldiers are being condemned to death is alarming . I pray this doesn't result in a military coup in the next election.
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 25, 2014
Citadelb0t:

Oju-Iku the runaway beast is a hero to only yeeboes. No wonder you all see burial as part of GEJs achievement. Lmaooo. Deluded people, deluded tribe.
Ojukwu nwoke kara aka.
Not a coward like those that drink rat poison

1 Like

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by BetaThings: 5:25pm On Dec 25, 2014
hansad:

Yeah, GEJ has brought more positive developments to Nigeria than any of his predecessors. Few examples:
Fuel scarcity, especially during Xmas and Eids nearly brought Nigeria's economy to a halt. Since Jonathan became president, fuel scarcity has been a past tense.
What developments?
We are now appealing to Chad for Help!!!!
an underaged girl (below voting age) Malala is the one advising our president to meet Chibok girls' parents

hansad:
Past leaders paid no heed to refurbishing Nigeria's electricity sector. That's why we have no light most of the time. But Jonathan's govt jas invested more than his predecessors in refurbishing the electricity sector.

Tell us the number of power projects STARTED AND COMPLETED by Jonathan
roofing a house started by others is easy
Jonathan was chair of NIPP project under Yaradua. What did he achieve?
Obasanjo govt passed the law that led to unbundling of NEPA.
Without that NER act, the privatisation that Jonathan is boasting about would not have taken place
Tell me one effective landmark act passed under Jonathan

Without security, there is no government. So it is not debatable, it is something we have to addressed and we are working towards that with vigour. But if I’m voted into power within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I cannot do anything even if I am there for the next four years.

- Jonathan Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 2011
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-ll-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan/

hansad:
Railway travel was a thing of the past many years before Jonathan administration. But today, railway travel is here with Nigerians.
I can see that Nigerians are travelling in droves by rail this festive season
You know Ekene Dili Chukwu, Young Shall Grow are complaining that rail has taken their customers away

hansad:
Insecurity?
You were there when 12 northern governors and their population emobraced sharia codes like cutting of hands of petty thieves, stoning of adulterous women, etc. Boko Haram appeared latter and says that it is fighting for a sharia-friendly country. GEJ has deployed every thing Nigeria has to stop Boko. But saboteurs who share same values with you and Boko people thwart the govt's efforts.

[/b]
So the job of a commander-in-chief is to make excuses?
Even police officers don't lament like this
So Northern Elders stopped Jonathan from
- getting the Nyanya bomber jailed?
- going to Ogidigben to lay the foundation of a $16b project?

Soldiers are facing grave danger in the NE but Jonathan is using them in Ekiti and Osun to intimidate voters and opposition leaders

A government of liars and propaganda
“I would have loved that the Nigerians in Diaspora vote this year but to be frank with you, that is going to be difficult now. Presently, the law does not allow the voting outside Nigeria and so this year Nigerians in Diaspora will not vote but I will work towards it by 2015 even though I will not be running for election.

1 Like

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Citadelb0t: 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2014
quid:

Ojukwu nwoke kara aka.
Not a coward like those that drink rat poison

So a runaway general is not a coward? Ahahahahah. Yeeboes always make me laugh hard. Deluded people. According to Biancar's father:

Ojukwu was a cantankerous coward- Chief C. C. Onoh

2 Likes

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by toyoutoyou: 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2014
shakaTheZulu:
See what Buhari have caused with his bokoharam
But we will jail him for genocide and terrorism when we good Nigerians re-elect Gej
He must pay for all those bloods shed with his life and that of his generation.

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc is BOKOHARAM
Tinubu is a bastard
Osinbajo is a vagabond
Gej till 2019

GEJ till eternity.I think this will make u feel good?

1 Like

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 25, 2014
Citadelb0t:

So a runaway general is not a coward? Ahahahahah. Yeeboes always make me laugh hard. Deluded people. According to Biancar's father:

Nigerian officers . . .with the great war hero Ojukwu

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Zuria(f): 5:36pm On Dec 25, 2014
A dedicated soldier of the Nigerian Army and a true born-again Christian...a soldier so prayerful one wonders how he joined the army.

God has proved Sule Ochehepo to be His true son...even the lies couldn't stand.... cool cool cool
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Citadelb0t: 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2014
[s]
quid:

Nigerian officers . . .with the great war hero Ojukwu
[/s]

1 Like

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by redsun(m): 5:39pm On Dec 25, 2014
They need a presidential pardon. Gej shouldn't fail to use this opportunity as a "humble " democrat to show that he is truly a new kid on the block. I don't care what they did,as long as they didn't sell out to the enemies.
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 25, 2014
Citadelb0t:
[s][/s]

keep watching cartoons

1 Like

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Citadelb0t: 5:41pm On Dec 25, 2014
[s]
quid:

keep watching cartoons

[/s]

1 Like

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 25, 2014
Citadelb0t:
[s][/s]

Fashola your uncle was there. He knew better

1 Like

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Citadelb0t: 5:46pm On Dec 25, 2014
quid:

Fashola your uncle was there. He knew better

1 Like

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 25, 2014
YORUBA MUSLIM

1 Like

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Abee79(m): 6:25pm On Dec 25, 2014
God have mercy on Nigeria . . . cry
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by shakaTheZulu: 6:49pm On Dec 25, 2014
Betallion:

May the LORD have mercy on you for calling His servant a vagabond. I just pity you Mr. Misinformed Nigerian

Thunder fire you and your so called God's servant

Politics is a dirty game and venturing into it makes you unclean
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by sheymanuel: 7:34pm On Dec 25, 2014
Is dat d only solution by killin soldiers just Fear God
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Kolade354(m): 7:38pm On Dec 25, 2014
ritababe:
Hmmm na wa, anytime i hear soldier and death i quickly click to who.

I pray God keep my brother safe in Jesus name.
so your bro is also a millitary officer i guess am the only one paranoid about my bro too cos anytime i heared about soldiers sentenced to death by mutiny my heart beat faster than a woofer.
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Dbboy(m): 7:42pm On Dec 25, 2014
desmondokoye:
The Nigerian military court-martial sitting in Abuja has sentenced another group of four soldiers, accused of mutiny, to death by firing squad.

The court delivered its judgment Wednesday night in another case involving five soldiers.

Bankole Taiwo (lance corporal), Ayodele Olawale (lance corporal), Isaiah Olofu (lance corporal) and Adebayo Gbenga (private) were convicted and sentenced to death while Sule Ochehepo (lance corporal) was discharged and acquitted.

According to a source familiar with the trial, “the allegation against the soldiers was that they asked “inciting questions” from their Commanding Officer of 81 Batallion when he addressed them on September 14, 2013.

“The questions pertained to the corpses of some of their colleagues brought to the camp after they were killed by the Boko Haram terrorists due to lack of weapons. The charge of mutiny was that the 5 soldiers “incited soldiers of 81 Bn to mutiny against the authority of 7 Division of Nigerian Army”.

They pleaded double jeopardy that they had been tried summarily by their commanding officer, convicted and sentenced and that they had served the punishment, our source said.

“The record of proceedings of the earlier trial was tendered and admitted in evidence by the court-martial. But the court-martial headed by Brig-General M.S Yusuf did not consider the defence of the soldiers,” the source added.

Altogether, 71 soldiers have been sentenced to death for protesting alleged non-payment of salaries and allowances and failure of the authorities to provide equipment to confront the well-equipped Boko Haram troops.

Hundreds of other soldiers are currently awaiting trial in Abuja, Jos and Lagos for mutiny, negligence and cowardice and allied offences. They are due to be arraigned after the Christmas vacation.

The judgment on the five soldiers came just about a week after another batch of 54 soldiers were condemned to death for refusing to fight the deadly Boko Haram sect.

The 54 soldiers belonged to the 111 Special Forces battalion attached to the 7 division of the army in Maiduguri. They are to die by firing squad, the military court ruled last week.

The soldiers were accused of disobeying a direct order from superior officers to take part in an operation aimed at dislodging Boko Haram terrorists from Delwa, Bulabulin and Damboa in Borno State.

The soldiers said they refused to take part in the operation because the Army did not provide them with the required combat and support equipment needed for such operations.

Also, in September, 12 soldiers were sentenced to death by firing squad for shooting at a car conveying their commanding officer, Ahmed Mohammed, a Major General.

The attack occurred May 14 at the army’s 7 Division, Maimalari Barracks in Maiduguri, headed at the time by Mr. Mohammed.

Others were also sentenced to life in jail for criminal conspiracy and attempt to commit murder.

The soldiers revolted after some of their colleagues were ambushed and killed by Boko Haram extremists, an attack they blamed their commander for.

Yet, more soldiers remain on trial for their conducts in the fight against the extremist sect, and face being sentenced to death.

On Tuesday, another batch of 118 soldiers were transported from Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, to face charges in Abuja, the nation’s capital.

It is not clear when the troops would be arraigned before the military court, but our sources said unlike their colleagues who were convicted December 17, the 118 soldiers are accused of offences less than mutiny.

Also, 22 top officers, including a brigadier general, are being held at the Ikeja Military Cantonment in Lagos, preparatory to being arraigned for yet unclear offences.

They could not be arraigned on December 22 because the court was not properly constituted.

Their arraignment has now been scheduled for a date in January.

The convicted soldiers, apart from the four that were sentenced Wednesday, have been moved to Lagos to await appeal, pardon or execution.

Source: http://naijapolitica.com/2014/12/25/mutiny-four-soldiers-to-face-death-by-firing-squad/

www.channelstv.com/2014/12/25/another-batch-soldiers-sentenced-death-court-martial/

Propaganda now they are bringing out names of a particular region to weep up sentiment.
APC and propaganda
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 25, 2014
ritababe:
Hmmm na wa, anytime i hear soldier and death i quickly click to who.

I pray God keep my brother safe in Jesus name.
so far your brother is no coward...I so much wish I could join the army to atleast die for my country in pride somehow but you know na!!!we buy form them no pick us.YOU KNOW THE PRIDE ASSOCIATED WITH KILLING AN ENEMY FOR ONES COUNTRY!WATCH WE WERE SOILDERS TO ATLEAST GET A CLUE.
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by onadana: 7:52pm On Dec 25, 2014
This lack of weapon excuse is so ridiculous.....it is a well known fact that 90% of the weapons used by the Haramites were those looted from the Nigeria Army armory,whatever happens to blowing up weapon cache when running away sorry tactical retreating.....
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by onadana: 7:56pm On Dec 25, 2014
This lack of weapon excuse is so ridiculous.....it is a well known fact that 90% of the weapons used by the Haramites were those looted from the Nigeria Army armory,whatever happens to blowing up weapon cache when running away.
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by onadana: 8:02pm On Dec 25, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
adegunwa4real:
Chai! Instead of saving as many fighting soldiers as possible, we are killing them! Hmmm hope their colleagues won't go on strike o or result to violence!

Some of their colleagues obeyed orders,went and paid the ultimate prize with their lives.Those that went and died don't they deserve to live.In the Army mutiny is death by firing squad.QED. undecided
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by adusco(m): 8:03pm On Dec 25, 2014
And wen dey killed dem all, let's see who will fight insurgency.They had better apply their brains!
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by Dbboy(m): 8:08pm On Dec 25, 2014
onadana:
This lack of weapon excuse is so ridiculous.....it is a well known fact that 90% of the weapons used by the Haramites were those looted from the Nigeria Army armory,whatever happens to blowing up weapon cache when running away.

Thank you this people keep on spreading lies all boko haram videos have always been ak47 what sophisticated about that, I smell Opposition all over this post.

1 Like

Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by yomalex(m): 8:08pm On Dec 25, 2014
Is this not a disaster on its own?
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by pkang: 8:35pm On Dec 25, 2014
dhamstar:
GEJ must go...........................
GEJ must go........................
By fire by force, GEj must go..............

Na lie nothing go make am go
Re: MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad by vigasimple(m): 8:50pm On Dec 25, 2014
grayht:
For how long would all this keep happening cry
I weep vehemently for this country

“This generation of Nigerians and indeed the future generation have no country other than Nigeria, we shall stay and salvage it together!”
Gen. Muhammadu Buhari

All we want is
B: bring
U: Us
H: Happiness
A: And
R: Restore
I: Integrity

VOTE APC
GMB.. Till 2050!!!

The quote above was extracted from JJ Rawlings quote after his takeover in Ghana. There is a big massive billboard at Kotoka international Airport in Accra where it was displayed boldly. It appears that Bhuari would be good at not giving credit when he uses other's word. He would rather want to claim it as his own. It does not make him a credible person or a leader. He just put Nigeria in the middle.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims / The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! / 2019: PDP Begins Search For Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.