Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues (1137 Views)

Co-habitation / Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man / Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 25, 2014
Having gained vast experience over the years as far as relationship is concerned, i am willing and ready to listen to all d issues that are bothering you, your friends and colleagues in Marriage, Union and Relationships and i ll advise you to the best of my wisdom/experience.
Re: Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues by tiwanitiwa: 4:15pm On Dec 25, 2014
FolarinLondon:
Having gained vast experience over the years as far as relationship is concerned, i am willing and ready to listen to all d issues that are bothering you, your friends and colleagues in Marriage, Union and Relationships and i ll advise you to the best of my wisdom/experience.

. How can u link me up with a wife not a girl? I'll really appreciate this.
Re: Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 25, 2014
Trust is a big issue for me. I can't seem to trust again no matter how genuine a guy is, I just keep telling me that he's pretending.

I trusted wholly in the past and got burnt and today thesame person is trying to win back that trust but I just can't believe anything he says. I need help.
Will I ever trust again?
Re: Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 25, 2014
tiwanitiwa:

I am afraid, that was not the purpose of creating this thread. The thread was created to cater for issues bothering people in any form of relationship.
Re: Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues by tiwanitiwa: 4:22pm On Dec 25, 2014
FolarinLondon:

I am afraid, that was not the purpose of creating this thread. The thread was created to cater for issues bothering people in any form of relationship.
. Ouch!
Re: Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 25, 2014
3cycle:
Trust is a big issue for me. I can't seem to trust again no matter how genuine a guy is, I just keep telling me that he's pretending.

I trusted wholly in the past and got burnt and today thesame person is trying to win back that trust but I just can't believe anything he says. I need help.
Will I ever trust again?

Before i address this Trust issue, i ll like you to answer this, what do you want out of relationship at this point in time in your life?
Re: Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 25, 2014
FolarinLondon:

Before i address this Trust issue, i ll like you to answer this, what do you want out of relationship at this point in time in your life?
I want something real.
Re: Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 25, 2014
3cycle:

I want something real.

It's nice to know you want something real out of a relationship and for this reason, i ll need to be frank and sincere with my advice. Let me quickly address your past before moving on to the next thing to do. Our situations always differ, but one truth remains; you and i live in an imperfect world. As worldly people, each of us is capable of breaking a trust either today or tomorrow. Frankly speaking, you may not even trust your own decisions, actions, and thoughts. Presumably, you may have broken someone else’s heart or trust in the past and that is why we are mere mortals.

However, you can trust again but in a different way to what you have probably done in d past. I ll advise you to base your next relationship on friendship(No sex, if a man loves you, sex ll be the least thing in his mind but this come with some commitment-be trusthworthy from your side though); this would afford you to know this person very well before committing any trust into the relationship. Having a trust in a relationship makes you very vulnerable and that is why you need an avenue/platform(Friendship) to create that trust first before committing yourself to a relationship. Please, there are million of good guys out there and choosing not to trust again might make you to lose out completely.

And best of luck in your quest for a Trust

2 Likes

Re: Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues by Hawlahscho(m): 7:53pm On Dec 25, 2014
FolarinLondon:

I pray you don't encounter complicated issues that'll make you lose interest in what you just started.
Re: Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues by ximarro(m): 8:41pm On Dec 25, 2014
Yea. wanna find out d possibility of getting married to a female classmate of mine. We r in 400l in d university, got a year left before law skul n nysc. Now, considering she is 22 now, I have dis tot dat she will not be able to wait for me after skul cos of pressures from left, rite n center and also I believe de will be guys who have good jobs n settled in lyf dat will come after her. I am not one to be pessimistic but I think I'll need a few yrs to setle in lyf after skul n age my not be on her side. I don't wanna start sumtin I can't finish and also, it's beta I end everything now dan get hurt later in lyf. What's ur advice?
Re: Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 25, 2014
Hawlahscho:

I pray you don't encounter complicated issues that'll make you lose interest in what you just started.

There is nothing new or complicated under the sun bro. Yes! To certain extent, issues could be complicated sometimes but trust me, there is a way out of every complicated issues; It all depend on the person who is handling the issue. There is always a solution to every problem.
Re: Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues by irishCream: 9:43pm On Dec 25, 2014
Op I have fears about tribal rejection cos have experienced it before, not that guys from my tribe don't ask me out but unfortunately I hardly feel deep for them or let me say the ones compatible with me don't come my way and I can't imagine myself accepting someone I'm not compatible with so what do you suggest I do cos I really wish to go into something serious again sad
Re: Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 25, 2014
tiwanitiwa:

If you are serious i have two friends I can link you with (one from the east the other from a state in south south) so if you are serious let me know what your desire in a woman is so I know if they fit in
Re: Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 25, 2014
ximarro:
Yea. wanna find out d possibility of getting married to a female classmate of mine. We r in 400l in d university, got a year left before law skul n nysc. Now, considering she is 22 now, I have dis tot dat she will not be able to wait for me after skul cos of pressures from left, rite n center and also I believe de will be guys who have good jobs n settled in lyf dat will come after her. I am not one to be pessimistic but I think I'll need a few yrs to setle in lyf after skul n age my not be on her side. I don't wanna start sumtin I can't finish and also, it's beta I end everything now dan get hurt later in lyf. What's ur advice?

Before i proceed to address your issue, i ll like to talk about "Destiny" briefly. In life, Destiny has its own role to play in our lives. Regardless of what we do in life, destiny is like a recorded video that has been attached to our necks and this video is being played every passing seconds, minutes, hours and of course days. What do i mean by all this? i meant that regardless of what i say here or you do, if you guys are destined to be together, you guys ll eventually be together.

Secondly, before you bring this lady into your unknown journey, remember, her journey in life would be affected by your own actions-marriage and that is why you need to ask yourself a whole lot of questions- a kind of self-appraisal: Am i ready mentally for marriage? Am i happy independently cos you can give her joy/happiness if you lack it in your own life? Am i in love with this lady 200%?................... Ask yourself all these questions before thinking about marriage...........

Back to your issue, everything depends on you and the lady in question; you know her better than i do. At this jucture, I ll only advise you to have an heart to heart conversation with your girlfriend so as to know her own plan for life and make sure you pay sedulous attention to every word that comes out of her mouth cos missing a word could be costly. What does she want to do after graduation? What is her dream for the future? how soon does she want to settle down to raise family? What do you want to achieve by asking all these questions? all you want to find out from this conversation is to see if your name is being mentioned while she is talking about her future. Bro, whatever her responses are, would determine your next line of actions. You can PM her responses to your questions and we ll take it up from there.......

However, if she is really in love with you, then, let's pray and keep fingers across about your tomorrow-future; lets hope for the best in terms of getting a good job and quickly possess your possession-your babe

The second option is an open relationship which you are not 100% committed to. Her responses to third paragraph would determine if you ll take this lane or not.........

Best of luck Bro.
Re: Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues by tiwanitiwa: 10:24pm On Dec 25, 2014
cutemii:

If you are serious i have two friends I can link you with (one from the east the other from a state in south south) so if you are serious let me know what your desire in a woman is so I know if they fit in
. How can I reach you?
Re: Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 25, 2014
tiwanitiwa:
. How can I reach you?

Okay

1 Like

Re: Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues by tiwanitiwa: 10:45pm On Dec 25, 2014
@cutemii you can take it off now. Thanks
Re: Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues by tiwanitiwa: 9:52am On Jan 01, 2015
cutemii:

Okay

??
Re: Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 01, 2015
cutemii:

hi...can I apply? I'm serious. not necessarily dating immediately. we could start as friends. if u r on BBM u can add me up if u wanna know more about me.

(1) (Reply)

Borrowing To Pay Dowry: Can You Do It? / Please Relationship Experts Help Out!!! / 17 Small, Insignificant Things He Does That Mean More Than ‘I Love You’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.