Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,737 members, 7,955,807 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:35 PM

16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President (18699 Views)

Turkish President Stops His Motorcade To Talk Down Man Trying To Jump Off Bridge / Kuwaiti Jailed For 2 Years For Insulting Ruler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Tallesty1(m): 6:18am On Dec 26, 2014
mcfarlin:

Twill be better if you post a link to the decree 4'

No sane leader should oppose criticism

If you are surrounded only by sycophants then you will feel sufficient in your nothingness
http://www.country-data.com/cgi-bin/query/r-9485.html

They were explained better here.

http://www..com/muhammadu-buhari-nigerias-strictest-leader/7/

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by ShineuEye: 6:21am On Dec 26, 2014
mperoakeem:
shock me, say sumtin intelligent...
I will shock myself if i reply a dumbhead like you again. Happy xmas.

2 Likes

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by ShineuEye: 6:22am On Dec 26, 2014
Chaleeee:

Drafted on March 29,1984, Decree No. 4 was the most dreaded, most repressive and the last press law enacted in Nigeria. It was promulgated during the military regime of Major General Buhari which did not take kindly to press criticisms.

The law was drafted to punish authors of false statements and reports that exposed the Buhari administration and or its officials to ridicule or contempt.
Section 1, sub-sections (i), (ii) and (iii) of the law - the most formidable section - provided that:
Any person who publishes in any form, whether written or otherwise, any message,rumour, report or statement, being a message, rumour, statement or report which is false in any material particular or which brings or is calculated to bring the Federal Military Government or the Government of a state or public officer to ridicule or disrepute, shall be guilty of an offence under this Decree.

Any station for wireless telegraphy which conveys or transmits any sound or visual message, rumour, report or statement, being a message, rumour, report or statement which is false in any material particular or which brings or is calculated to bring the Federal Government or the Government of a state or a public officer to ridicule or disrepute, shall be guilty of an offence under this Decree.

It shall be an offence under this Decree for a newspaper or wireless telegraphy station in Nigeria to publish or transmit any message, rumour, report or statement which is false in any material particular stating that any public officer has in any manner been engaged in corrupt practices or has in any manner comiptly enriched himself or any other person {Gazette, 1984).
God bless you.

6 Likes

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by mperoakeem(m): 6:24am On Dec 26, 2014
ShineuEye:

I will shock myself if i reply a dumbhead like you again. Happy xmas.
Is your ass jealous of the amount of shit that just came out of your mouth?
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by HzRF(m): 6:35am On Dec 26, 2014
This what some idiot are abusing oo
16yrs old in prison
Tho politics in Nigeria walks hand by hand with insult ...but we nw obj regime u won't even dare him EFCC ICPC go dey wait for u
GEJ ride on
Okele gbigbe pelu irorun San ju ..okele olobe pelu idamu..a malnourished food with peace is far better than well nourished food without peace

2 Likes

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by holatin(m): 9:26am On Dec 26, 2014
Respect the post of Government even if they arent doing what they are meant to do.
So any decision a President make is right.
Nonsensical appartied of set of odourferial gigantic pilferer
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by BigJakie: 9:28am On Dec 26, 2014
hmm
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 26, 2014
I once told a pal if Buhari win come 2015 be prepared to vacate to the Jungle you and ur family.

3 Likes

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Kolade354(m): 9:33am On Dec 26, 2014
Greyworld:
You seehw dez muslims behave? Very aggressive set of pple, yet Nigerians av bin bashin GEJ in all sortof manner....... Dats 1 reason why I can't trust em (buhari) b4 e go arrest "us"

#islamisareligionofpeace
although am a christian but am so ashamed of your comment........May God forgive you.
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 26, 2014
GEJ is a democrat. Nigerians will regret voting out GEJ.

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by gurunlocker: 9:33am On Dec 26, 2014
golor:
If Jonathan apply such power in 9ja,i swear he will arrest 40% of it citizen...some time i can't just hold bt to feel d pain of seeing some one fada receiving such insult....leadership is nt a one man business bt everybody's business.those insulting,if u should go to their family of 4,they re having problem every here and then,they can't lead their family but they re insulting some one who is leadin a whole nation.

I wish most people insulting our president can reason like u..... so they will know ruling a country like naija is not easy... I Love your comment

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by aniagoluaustin(m): 9:34am On Dec 26, 2014
summary
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by didactic70: 9:37am On Dec 26, 2014
We should enjoy d relative internet freedom we have now or lose it if we vote in an intolerant n vindictive buhari.

4 Likes

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by qualityovenbake(m): 9:38am On Dec 26, 2014
I thought Turkey was a democratic country? What happened to the right of people to express their opinions publicly without governmental interference. I just hope our country Nigeria don't adopt this kind of system.
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 26, 2014
Goddex:
A 16-year-old high school student has been arrested in central Turkey for “insulting” President Recep Tayyip Erdogan by accusing him and his ruling party of corruption, sparking angry criticism on Thursday from the opposition.

The boy, identified by his initials M.E.A., was believed to be a member of a leftist organisation, the Hurriyet newspaper reported.

He delivered a speech on Wednesday in the central Anatolian city of Konya, a bastion of Erdogan’s Islamic-rooted Justice and Development Party (AKP), in memory of a young secular teacher killed by Islamists in 1930, according to the newspaper.
The boy, who was arrested by police at school, is now facing up to four years in prison if convicted on the charge.

It was the latest controversial arrest in Turkey in recent weeks. Recent police raids on media outlets affiliated with Erdogan’s top foe, the US-based cleric Fethullah Gulen, sparked an angry exchange with the European Union, which said the arrests undermined media freedom.

Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu supported the court’s decision on the juvenile’s arrest.
“Everyone must respect the office of president whoever he is,” Davutoglu said, quoted in Turkish media.
In his testimony to prosecutors, the boy denied links with any political party and said that the local governor’s office granted permission for the commemoration ceremony organised through social media.

“I’ve made the statement in question. I have no intent to insult,” he reportedly said.
The boy’s lawyer, Baris Ispir, submitted a petition to the court, together with around 100 colleagues who came from Istanbul in a show of support.

“Even if he is convicted, he is 16 years old which requires a one-third reduction in his penalty,” the lawyer said, according to the private Dogan news agency.
Riza Turmen, lawmaker of the secular opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP), denounced the arrest as a violation of the UN charter on children’s rights.
“Regimes taking children out of classes by police force and putting them in jail are fascist regimes,” Turmen, a former judge at the European Court of Human Rights, wrote on Twitter.

“This goes against the UN charter on children’s rights.”
Turkey’s government faced an unprecedented wave of protests in 2013 against what was seen as authoritarian policies from Erdogan, who was then prime minister.

The AKP government was shaken by a vast corruption scandal last December that dragged down four ministers facing accusations of bribery and influence-peddling.

Erdogan, who was elected president in August, angrily accused his former ally-turned-foe Gulen of concocting the graft scandal.

Thirty people were arrested in raids earlier this month against those deemed to have links to Gulen.
Most have now been released but a court has remanded in custody on terrorism charges the head of the pro-Gulen Samanyolu TV and three former police chiefs. It also issued an arrest warrant for Gulen himself.
In power since 2003, Erdogan has brought relative stability to Turkey after years of rocky coalition governments and an economic meltdown in 2001.

But what critics describe as his increasingly authoritarian style and zero-tolerance of a have proved a major test for democracy in the country which has long sought to join the European Union.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/16-year-old-student-arrested-insulting-president/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Goodquestion(m): 9:39am On Dec 26, 2014
mamajohn:
Prayer! No, I'd rather pray against GEJ, he is a weakling President

Women like you are contesting election, why are you home doing nothing. Even Lucifer can't carry out its work alone. All we can do is support this country's leaders either by prayer or moral and physical support.
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by F22RAPTOR(m): 9:41am On Dec 26, 2014
mcfarlin:

Twill be better if you post a link to the decree 4'

No sane leader should oppose criticism

If you are surrounded only by sycophants then you will feel sufficient in your nothingness
you just displayed your ignorance in public...a quiet Google search would have cleared ur doubt

2 Likes

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 26, 2014
Tank God say na Nigerian I be oooo

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by chronique(m): 9:44am On Dec 26, 2014
The Nigerian press is too free. Anybody can wake up and just publish any nonsense to generate traffic to his or her site,and go scot free and nothing will happen. That's total nonsense. Some people should be used as example so others can learn. I have no problem with media houses publishing hidden scandals that are true in nature. I however,have problem with media outlets that publish false reports/rumours,and get away with it. Reason is that,when the false report goes out,it spreads like fire and does a lot of damage and not everybody who heard the false report,would have opportunity to hear the truth later. At the end of the day,the lie becomes the truth to so many people.

2 Likes

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by icelord(m): 9:46am On Dec 26, 2014
Greyworld:
You seehw dez muslims behave? Very aggressive set of pple, yet Nigerians av bin bashin GEJ in all sortof manner....... Dats 1 reason why I can't trust em (buhari) b4 e go arrest "us"

#islamisareligionofpeace
idiot,, Turkey is not an Islamic state
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by OLADD: 9:47am On Dec 26, 2014
SirHouloo:
How I wish this could be done in Nigeria where bigot, clueless has been the latest oyinbo in town. I feel our leaders deserves a bit of respect.
[color=#006600][/color]

I can assure all those who derive pleasure and satisfaction in abusing our president that they WILL SURELY be repaid by nature in one way or the other no matter how long. They should not however blame one witch or wizard in their families during their payback time.
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by MarieSucre(f): 9:48am On Dec 26, 2014
Greyworld:

#islamisareligionofpeace
Seriously! who are those clicking 'like' to this comment. This is plain bigotry. How did the actions of one man monopolizing power become the fault of islam? come on people. we are saner than this.
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by manutdadex(m): 9:48am On Dec 26, 2014
mamajohn:
Are you serious at all! Do you respects a president who disrespects your destiny!
You must be high on rice and chicken!
ur destiny is wat u make of ur life! Nt in Gej's hand!

3 Likes

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by MarieSucre(f): 9:51am On Dec 26, 2014
Goodquestion:

Women like you are contesting election, why are you home doing nothing. Even Lucifer can't carry out its work alone. All we can do is support this country's leaders either by prayer or moral and physical support.
pls elucidate on this prayer or moral or physical support?
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by mazzi: 9:52am On Dec 26, 2014
This is why i will always support Gej!he can take wot otherz can't take.

3 Likes

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by TrishaP(f): 9:54am On Dec 26, 2014
Greyworld:
You Dats 1 reason why I can't trust em (buhari) b4 e go arrest "us"

#islamisareligionofpeace
Lol u don Dey shake already.
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by mencade4: 9:54am On Dec 26, 2014
buhari....messenger of allah.

This cattle rearer needs to retire to his village in Niger republic.

Gej forever.

Troublemakers that will afterward insult me, may thunder strike you where you are in advance.

Oya make una start.
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by buskie13(m): 9:54am On Dec 26, 2014
mamajohn:
Are you serious at all! Do you respects a president who disrespects your destiny!
You must be high on rice and chicken!
fvck u...

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by mazzi: 9:54am On Dec 26, 2014
MarieSucre:
pls elucidate on this prayer or moral or physical support?
u must be an ite mpataka(epitomy of illiteracy)if u can't interpret wot she wrote.

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by pmc01(m): 9:54am On Dec 26, 2014
Greyworld:

#islamisareligionofpeace

The hangover from the ogogoro of yesterday is obviously manifesting. May you get help soon.

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by manutdadex(m): 9:56am On Dec 26, 2014
MarieSucre:
Seriously! who are those clicking 'like' to this comment. This is plain bigotry. How did the actions of one man monopolizing power become the fault of islam? come on people. we are saner than this.
saner *Laffin in arabic* u dey dis world so?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Devastating Explosion Hits Gunpowder Factory In Russia. 16 Dead / SA Census Reveals Foreigners Make Up 3% of Population, Nigerian Numbers Down / Inside South Africa's Operation Dudula Vigilantes: 'Why We Hate Foreigners'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.