Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President (18452 Views)

Turkish President Stops His Motorcade To Talk Down Man Trying To Jump Off Bridge / Kuwaiti Jailed For 2 Years For Insulting Ruler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by 1stola: 10:24am On Dec 26, 2014
JONÁDAFT TILL 2015.
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by niceguy3(m): 10:26am On Dec 26, 2014
mamajohn:
Are you serious at all! Do you respects a president who disrespects your destiny!
You mumu!
u must be reasoning like cow.
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Goodquestion(m): 10:27am On Dec 26, 2014
uzolexis:

Vote 4 d female presidential candidate then smiley

I would go with the whole of my family and sleep in the ballot station if someone like late Dora Akunyili should contest election for president. The only persons that would have my votes are Oshomole and Akpabio. One more if you chose to contest for president email me or reply me and you would have my support. Have a great day.

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 26, 2014
Chaleeee:

Drafted on March 29,1984, Decree No. 4 was the most dreaded, most repressive and the last press law enacted in Nigeria. It was promulgated during the military regime of Major General Buhari which did not take kindly to press criticisms.

The law was drafted to punish authors of false statements and reports that exposed the Buhari administration and or its officials to ridicule or contempt.
Section 1, sub-sections (i), (ii) and (iii) of the law - the most formidable section - provided that:
Any person who publishes in any form, whether written or otherwise, any message,rumour, report or statement, being a message, rumour, statement or report which is false in any material particular or which brings or is calculated to bring the Federal Military Government or the Government of a state or public officer to ridicule or disrepute, shall be guilty of an offence under this Decree.

Any station for wireless telegraphy which conveys or transmits any sound or visual message, rumour, report or statement, being a message, rumour, report or statement which is false in any material particular or which brings or is calculated to bring the Federal Government or the Government of a state or a public officer to ridicule or disrepute, shall be guilty of an offence under this Decree.

It shall be an offence under this Decree for a newspaper or wireless telegraphy station in Nigeria to publish or transmit any message, rumour, report or statement which is false in any material particular stating that any public officer has in any manner been engaged in corrupt practices or has in any manner comiptly enriched himself or any other person {Gazette, 1984).

Hope u do know that Army rules with decree unlike civilians
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 26, 2014
Daguccizgreat:
This is one reason we must not allow buhari to rule naija again. Islam and oppression are synonymous...down here they rain unwarranted insults on gej just bc he is lenient....
Gej calmness in face of provocation is a gift that is not common to every body

2 Likes

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by sarutobie(m): 10:29am On Dec 26, 2014
Hemanwel:
Nigerians say GEJ is a weak President cos
they are used to a military rule that is
characterised by
dictatorship,bellicosity,aggression,war-
mongering,man-handling,etc.
The psychological effect that a military
regime left in our lives is still impacting
on us hence,GEJ's government is termed
weak.
You do not expect a civil individual with
the highest level of education to rule like
an illiterate soldier or an ex-soldier in
civilian attire.
their psyche has been battered by decades of military dictatorship by koboko whipping and vindictive generals and ex generals..I can understand where they are coming from, anything apart from koboko-whipping them into line is termed weak..civility has eluded them decades ago, hence the rampant jungle justice system practiced on the streets all around the nation....there was a country indeed.

2 Likes

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 26, 2014
danjumakolo:

was he the only military that rule Nigeria, why that kind of decree from him? That's to tell you the type of person he is.

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by niceguy3(m): 10:34am On Dec 26, 2014
mamajohn:
Prayer! No, I'd rather pray against GEJ, he is a wicked President
mamajohnboo or what ever u call ur self i am sure u dont have respect for ur father. Idiot. U must be eating poo thats why u talk like dat.

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 26, 2014
I have said it before and I will say it again, GEJ calmness in face of provocations is a gift from God which is not common. With all his power, eh

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Bigcake: 10:43am On Dec 26, 2014
mamajohn:
Are you serious at all! Do you respects a president who disrespects your destiny!
You must be high on rice and chicken!
you must be a mad prostitute for saying this.
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by rozayx5(m): 10:47am On Dec 26, 2014
safarigirl:
tell your educated press to explain to us where the missing $20 billion went.

What about the chibok girls? What's the true story behind all of that? What about the collapse of the synagogue? What exactly is the story behind that?

The fact that you would even refer to the half-baked, impoverished, truth-twisting semi-literates that are responsible for news in Nigeria an 'educated' press is an insult to the likes of Al jazeera's Peter Greste and Barnaby Phillips or CNN's Anderson Cooper. You do NOT have an educated press. You don't even have a press at all

poor deviation tactics, go and learn the trade, your too small for me too deal with on such discussion. your APC lords dread my comments
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by adbokus(m): 10:52am On Dec 26, 2014
mcfarlin:

You are very funny!

Anyone who doesn't want to be insulted should avoid politics like a plague.

Chances are your decisions will be anathema to some groups of people....so you either face reality or back out!
you didn't even put criticism. Insult?! When did insulting others become one of the ways of turning things around?! As a matter of fact voicing or writing/posting insults against another shows a lack of manners, social etiquette, aptitude for a beneficial social discourse, potential for making meaningful contributions in matters of development..above all it portrays an individual as a nitwit!
Vent constructive criticisms, not mindless useless insults!...
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by tartar9(m): 10:55am On Dec 26, 2014
cocoduck:
Turkey changed from secular to religious as soon as Muslims rose to power, SMH
who have been in power before,christains?ode!
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Zuria(f): 10:56am On Dec 26, 2014
Greyworld:
You seehw dez muslims behave? Very aggressive set of pple, yet Nigerians av bin bashin GEJ in all sortof manner....... Dats 1 reason why I can't trust em (buhari) b4 e go arrest "us"

#islamisareligionofpeace

Where in the article was islam mentioned? undecided undecided
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Uncletony(m): 11:03am On Dec 26, 2014
it can only happen in an islamic country!..the dnt knw d meaning of democracy!!
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by tartar9(m): 11:16am On Dec 26, 2014
Millionjazz:
All I know Is that buhari is far below the competition...GEJ untill islam as a religion starts valuing people and lives...what a blood-thirsty and flesh hungry religion...
its GMB untill you have sense.
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by agabaI23(m): 11:18am On Dec 26, 2014
mamajohn:
You may not have respect for his person but you should have respect for the presidency which is the position he occupies.

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 26, 2014
Why didnt allah strike all the hell u down for insulting him in words, in action, in behavious, in questions...because there is no allah.
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by snthesis(m): 11:20am On Dec 26, 2014
Chaleeee:

Drafted on March 29,1984, Decree No. 4 was the most dreaded, most repressive and the last press law enacted in Nigeria. It was promulgated during the military regime of Major General Buhari which did not take kindly to press criticisms.

The law was drafted to punish authors of false statements and reports that exposed the Buhari administration and or its officials to ridicule or contempt.
Section 1, sub-sections (i), (ii) and (iii) of the law - the most formidable section - provided that:
Any person who publishes in any form, whether written or otherwise, any message,rumour, report or statement, being a message, rumour, statement or report which is false in any material particular or which brings or is calculated to bring the Federal Military Government or the Government of a state or public officer to ridicule or disrepute, shall be guilty of an offence under this Decree.

Any station for wireless telegraphy which conveys or transmits any sound or visual message, rumour, report or statement, being a message, rumour, report or statement which is false in any material particular or which brings or is calculated to bring the Federal Government or the Government of a state or a public officer to ridicule or disrepute, shall be guilty of an offence under this Decree.

It shall be an offence under this Decree for a newspaper or wireless telegraphy station in Nigeria to publish or transmit any message, rumour, report or statement which is false in any material particular stating that any public officer has in any manner been engaged in corrupt practices or has in any manner comiptly enriched himself or any other person {Gazette, 1984).

Nairaland will definitely have been shut down under Buhari tenure and Seun probably languishing behind bars (or on the run from the FG)

6 Likes

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 26, 2014
golor:
If Jonathan apply such power in 9ja,i swear he will arrest 40% of it citizen...some time i can't just hold bt to feel d pain of seeing some one fada receiving such insult....leadership is nt a one man business bt everybody's business.those insulting,if u should go to their family of 4,they re having problem every here and then,they can't lead their family but they re insulting some one who is leadin a whole nation.

if I v my way, I will put a bullet in his heard. do you know how many thousands of innocent people die in our dirty under equipped hospitals, roads, etc as a result of d govt clueless policies and high looting of our collective wealth. A president job is not different from dat of a manager hired to manage ur company while he s being paid for his job. wot happens wen d manager mismanaged ur assets, loot and allow others to siphon 70 percent of ur assets as if u don't exist. I say dey shld b beheaded rather dan insulting dem. I visited an hospital yesterday, nurses were using local lamp to attend to a woman who had complications after birth. make I stop here because to slap u just dey Hungry me
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by snthesis(m): 11:39am On Dec 26, 2014
safarigirl:
this proves nothing malicious.

The decree was SPECIFICALLY targeting those who spread FALSE news about government offivials or government.

In fact, we should add such to our constitution so those lazy 20 kobo journalists that publish whatever news the highest bidder wishes Nigerians to read can sit up.

We need factual news, the likes that have been thoroughly investigated before being published, not the useless akara sellers gossip that passes as news in our tabloids
not malicious ke shocked shocked shocked
did u skip this part "Any station for wireless telegraphy which conveys or transmits any sound or visual message, report or statement, being a message, which brings or is calculated to bring the Federal Government or the Government of a state or a public officer to ridicule or disrepute, shall be guilty of an offence under this Decree".

if GEJ were to apply this decree- lie Mohammed, GMB, APC supporters etal, will all be in prison

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by InglishTeechar(m): 12:01pm On Dec 26, 2014
mamajohn:

Do you respect ur father at home? and did your bible or quran tell you to insult elders or your leader. I see reason most people will burn in hell, watch ur tongue.
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 26, 2014
mamajohn:
Madam...Nobody holds ur destiny for you...
Your destiny is in your hands and not in the hands of the leaders....
You've got to do away with the mentality of always pushing blames to other people, simply because you failed...
Women who says my husband didn't keep money for feeding today and decided to cheat on their husband..are silly and stup!d women...
GEJ is a president...and not ur father....

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by mcfarlin(m): 12:26pm On Dec 26, 2014
adbokus:

you didn't even put criticism. Insult?! When did insulting others become one of the ways of turning things around?! As a matter of fact voicing or writing/posting insults against another shows a lack of manners, social etiquette, aptitude for a beneficial social discourse, potential for making meaningful contributions in matters of development..above all it portrays an individual as a nitwit!
Vent constructive criticisms, not mindless useless insults!...

Mr man there is no need for meaningful criticism when a leader is stealing the country blind all that such a leader deserves is curses!

So you are telling me that someone who is obviously stealing from all sources should be pampered and praised for doing such disservice to his fatherland?.

Its hardly surprising since people condone corruption in all spheres of life
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 26, 2014
courage54:
Any leader that does not want to be insulted should do what he/she was elected to do.
You're gettin it all wrong...
Even if GEJ makes garri and soup for everybody everyday...and drags swam water to ur doorstep...
People will still criticize him....
Even if he pays us daily...makes us to fly and land on the confort of our zones....we will still point fingers at him...
People can never see what good other people have done....untill they're no more...
Just as when the ex-governor of Cross River (Donald Duke) was criticized of all the bad things... Now he's said to be the best governor CRS has ever had...coz the present administration is said to be very dull...
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by JustCurious: 12:34pm On Dec 26, 2014
golor:
If Jonathan apply such power in 9ja,i swear he will arrest 40% of it citizen...some time i can't just hold bt to feel d pain of seeing some one fada receiving such insult....leadership is nt a one man business bt everybody's business.those insulting,if u should go to their family of 4,they re having problem every here and then,they can't lead their family but they re insulting some one who is leadin a whole nation.

#FACT. So true

From observation, you'd seldom see citizens of other Nations openly criticise their President on social media. It's SO rare...(NSA or not) But, in Nigeria?? Almost every Dick and Harry does that...on Twitter, Facebook, Nairaland etc It's such an unpleasant thing to do. The Office of the President need be respected, regardless.

Really, no thanks to APC loyalists. They have used the most unprintable vocabulary on GEJ. It's a shameful act..and it just doesn't speak well of them if all they see in GEJ is 'cluelessness'.

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 26, 2014
mcfarlin:

Mr man there is no need for meaningful criticism when a leader is stealing the country blind all that such a leader deserves is curses!

So you are telling me that someone who is obviously stealing from all sources should be pampered and praised for doing such disservice to his fatherland?.

Its hardly surprising since people condone corruption in all spheres of life
You've got a very narrow mindset...
Is there any fainted shallow reason why you'd think a president steals from its country?
Wait up..
It has been proven that Nigerian senators collect the highest salary in the world..
The Nigerian president is well paid and there is nothing about stealing when you're paid to the maximum...
Again...stop criticizing the president...that office isn't just an office for people to insult...
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 26, 2014
JustCurious:

#FACT. So true

From observation, you'd seldom see citizens of other Nations openly criticise their President on social media. It's SO rare...(NSA or not) But, in Nigeria?? Almost every Dick and Harry does that...on Twitter, Facebook, Nairaland etc It's such an unpleasant thing to do. The Office of the President need be respected, regardless.

Really, no thanks to APC loyalists. They have used the most unprintable vocabulary on GEJ. It's a shameful act..and it just doesn't speak well of them if all they see in GEJ is 'cluelessness'.
Cluelessness as if GEJ is an agbero like Buhari....
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by taharqa: 1:26pm On Dec 26, 2014
Chaleeee:

BUHARI.... Just imagine

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Veckylord(m): 1:28pm On Dec 26, 2014
OLADD:
[color=#006600][/color]

I can assure all those who derive pleasure and satisfaction in abusing our president that they WILL SURELY be repaid by nature in one way or the other no matter how long. They should not however blame one witch or wizard in their families during their payback time.
this is d first Time i will insult in dis forum YOU D CRAZE UR FATHER UR MOTHER GIVE ME DAT POSITION AND SEE WHETHER I WILL CARE, FOOL THE MONEY WA EM D EAT A MONTH CAN FEED UR FAMILY IDOIT DEY DERE DE PITY AS IF HIS GIVING U ANYTHING.BTW GOAT-LUCK AND BUHA-RAM ARE CRIMINALS.
Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by taharqa: 1:30pm On Dec 26, 2014
Nelcee:
GEJ is a democrat. Nigerians will regret voting out GEJ.
Nigerians will NOT vote out GEJ.. Forget d noise been currently made in d social media lately. That's hw it has always been...

1 Like

Re: 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President by Chaleeee: 2:09pm On Dec 26, 2014
danjumakolo:

Why didn't other military heads of state use crazy decrees to gagged the press like buhary did?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

More Than 400 Detained In Russia As Country Mourns The Death Of Alexei Navalny / Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire / Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.